Attach Email to a Cell

Hi, Is there any way to attach emails or other documents to cells?

Thanks

Try: CTRL+K (Insert > Hyperlink)
Micky

"Dave" wrote:

> Hi, Is there any way to attach emails or other documents to cells?
>
> Thanks
Hi, This wont work as I need to attach actual documents to the cell.

Thanks

"מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן" wrote:

> Try: CTRL+K (Insert > Hyperlink)
> Micky
>

> "Dave" wrote:
>
> > Hi, Is there any way to attach emails or other documents to cells?
> >
> > Thanks
If you say so...
Another "approach" could be 'Insert' > 'Object' > etc...
Micky

"Dave" wrote:

> Hi, This wont work as I need to attach actual documents to the cell.
>
> Thanks
>
> "מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן" wrote:
>
> > Try: CTRL+K (Insert > Hyperlink)
> > Micky
> >

> > "Dave" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi, Is there any way to attach emails or other documents to cells?
> > >
> > > Thanks
Hey not sure, but maybe you think hyperlink is just an internet thing.  You
can use a hyperlink to link the cell to a document.  When you click on the
cell containing the hyperlink, it pulls up the document in Word, Excel,
PowerPoint or whatever type of file it is saved as.  Hope this helps.
--
-Brigette

"מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן" wrote:

> If you say so...
> Another "approach" could be 'Insert' > 'Object' > etc...
> Micky
>

> "Dave" wrote:
>
> > Hi, This wont work as I need to attach actual documents to the cell.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > "מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן" wrote:
> >
> > > Try: CTRL+K (Insert > Hyperlink)
> > > Micky

Save the email as an outlook format message  named  mymessage.msg

Or as mymessage.html

In Excel Insert>Object>Create from file.

Browse to the mymessage.*

Do not "link to file" and it will be embedded.

Save the workbook.

Right-click on object and "Activate Object".

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 03:44:02 -0800, Dave <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Hi, This wont work as I need to attach actual documents to the cell.
>
>Thanks
>
>"????? (????) ?????" wrote:
>
>> Try: CTRL+K (Insert > Hyperlink)
>> Micky
>>

>> "Dave" wrote:
>>
>> > Hi, Is there any way to attach emails or other documents to cells?
>> >
>> > Thanks

0
Gord

Outlook Express Blocks all my attachments
It believes my access to all received attachments should be blocked. How do I correct this, over ride this? Outlook Express has an option to block attachments. According to Microsoft, this feature is not enabled by default, but judging from feedback to Microsoft, it is enabled at least in some circumstances. Users are also reporting that nearly all of the attachments they receive are considered unsaf To turn off this feature in Outlook Express: 1. Select Options from the Tools menu 2. Click on the Security ta 3. Uncheck the box that says “Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that ...

Excel VB-Copy formula down until adjacent cell (left) is blank?
Here is exactly what I am trying to do through VB in Excel: Weekly data pull fills colums A:G. Row count is always different. I am modifying the data pull through VB, and I have a VLOOKUP formula in cell H2. What I want VB to do is copy that formula down column H to the last row (with data) each week. I guess I want it to be dynamic so that as rows decrease/increase the formula is only copied down to the final row/record. I know someone out of this smart group will know how to do this! Thanks in advance! Tony (pseudo code) in a macro .... dim lngLastrow as long dim rngTarget...

Recover emails from a broken PST file.
Hi, I am putting this request in from a friend who has the following issue: I would like to know if anyone has access to the draft of the .pst specification/standard that Microsoft has promised to release early next year. I need this so that I can recover emails from a broken pst file. This file cannot be recovered with scanpst or linux tools such as those within the libpff library nor libpst. This file was carved out from a disk and perhaps not chained properly - i.e., may be not complete or contain improper clusters. I receive multiple errors in regards to wrong checksum as well...

Outlook 2003
More than 50% of my contacts do not have email addresses, so it therefore clutters the Address book unnecessarily. Is there anyway to allow the address book (the popup which appears when clicking on "To:") to only show contacts that have email addresses? I can use categories to assign contacts as ValidEmailUser, but I can't seem to find a way to force the address book popup form, to show based on a category. Thanks. That's odd. I have never seen the Outlook Address Book display Contacts without electronic addresses. It simply won't do that. Do these Contacts ...

Same Email message to recipients
Hi I have to each month send out notification to my customers who use Euros about the exchange rate for the coming months (its about 10 people). I know its not much but what a pain it is to send individual emails. As its each month as well I haev to try and remember who the euro peeps are What also i dont want them to see is each others email addresses as they are competitors. SO my question is, how do I send out one eamil to a group of recipients without them seeing who else it has gone to? If it would be appropriate, keep all of them in "BCC". Otherwise you ...

sent emails?
When i send an email the person on the other end will see the wrong person it is from. I have reset everything in my out look but cant seem to get the last person that was here, his name off the sent emails. Please provide the following information: 1) Version of Outlook 2) Email environment (Exchange, POP3, etc.) 3) Are you using a PST? If so, what size is it? 4) Are there any error messages or numbers? 5) Are there any errors in your application event viewer that relates to Office or Outlook? 6) What troubleshooting steps have you taken yourself? PS What do you mean, the last person ...

Q: Referencing named cells in external worksheet ?
Using Excel 2002. I have a workbook with 12 worksheets (one for every month of the year), wherein a lot of the information is looked-up (using VLOOKUP) in simples arrays. I saw no point in implementing the arrays as a 13th worksheet, because I will have a yearly version of my monthly worksheets in one workbook (so one for 2003, 2004, etc). If I change the array(s), I want them to be reflected in all referencing cells. Problem: If my workbook containing my arrays (called "Global") is loaded, I have no problem and the references to it read as: (blabla) 'Global.xls'!Roster ...

Visible cell characters
Can I increase the # of characters that are visible in a cell? 67 Excel Help on "limits" or "specifications" reveals that Excel will allow 32,767 characters to be entered in a cell. However, it goes on to state that "only 1024 characters will be visible or can be printed" To work around this limitation, stick a few ALT + ENTERs in at appropriate spots. The ALT + ENTER forces a line-feed and expands the 1024 limit. How far is not really known. Just experiment. .........From Dave Peterson.......... I put this formula in A1: ="xxx"& REPT(REPT(&...

Cell Reference Problem with Network
Let's say I have a spreadsheet with two worksheets = SheetA and SheetB. SheetA might reference a cell in SheetB with a formula like =SheetB!A1 But when I move this to the network the reference changes to include the network drive and file name like: ='Z:\FOLDER\[FILE]SheetB!A1 the file may move from my laptop to the network several times and this becomes completely confusion as the reference looks, not within the same spreadsheet which is what I want it to to, but for another file out on the network. How do I explicitly reference a cell within a difference worksheet but alwa...

How to generate a truly empty cell
"" generates a zero-length string, not a truly empty cell. This is causing problems elsewhere. I'd like to find an output for an IF statement that will give me a truly empty cell. The current formula is: =IF(COUNT(C24:C29)>0,SUM(C24:C29),"") Any ideas? If it involves a macro (as I think it might, having read other posts), please explain how to implement it. Thanks! <This is causing problems elsewhere> It shouldn't. Don't use ISBLANK(A1), use A1="" -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "paulkaye" <paulmjkaye@gm...

Splitting cells
in cell A1 i have the numbers 123456789. i want cell B1 to have numbers 1234567 and cell C1 to have just 89. what is the formula? i have tried text to columns If this is for extracting the first 7 characters use LEFT() =LEFT(A1,7) =RIGHT(A1,2) -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "fazz" wrote: > in cell A1 i have the numbers 123456789. i want cell B1 to have numbers > 1234567 and cell C1 to have just 89. what is the formula? i have tried text > to columns Hello Jacob - i did not explain this very well.The digits in cell A1 is variable length. In cell C1 i n...

Viewing Attached Images in OE2007
When I receive a message in Outlook 2007 that has several attached images is there some way that I can quickly view these as a slide show ... without having to click on each one individually to see them in a previewer? Thanks. fripper, you wrote on Sat, 26 Jul 2008 11:33:17 -0400: > When I receive a message in Outlook 2007 that has several attached images is > there some way that I can quickly view these as a slide show ... without > having to click on each one individually to see them in a previewer? Nope! -- Best Regards Christian Goeller MVP - MS Outlook http://www...

Access 2007 Attachments
Hi there, I have a form, with a subform. The subform has an "attachment" field. This subform is displayed in datasheet format on the main form. I have code on the main form ,attached to a cmdButton, that sends an email. I now wish to amend that code so that the attachment is attached to the email - if there is one. Dim App As Object Dim Itm As Object Dim strAttachmentname Set App = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") ' all str variables defined and represent values on the main form ' get the attachment name if there is one ????? (this is what ...

trouble receiving a forwarded email
When someone forwards an email to me not all of the message is received. It stops about 3/4 of the way down the page or sometimes the 1st page is there but not page 2. I am using Outlook 2000 SR-1. My computer is Windows 98. Our Server is Windows 2000. No one else is having this problem. ...

Outlook
We are on Exchange 2007, Outlook 2007 and Excel 2007. A users sends a specific spreadsheet to multiple users 2-3 times a week. About once a week, one of the users tries to open the file and it is corrupted. The original file is 18K but after he attempts to open it, it reduces to 4K. If he tries to forward the message, it goes out corrupted. If he saves the file first, it is fine. But it still becomes corrupted if he tries to open from the attachment. We all use the same anti-virus and this is the only Excel document he has the problem with. He receives many from various source...

Cannot add customer statement email address in Smartlist
On the Debtor Maintenance Options screen you can chose the checkbox to Send Email Statements to a customer and then enter the To, CC or BCC email addresses. In Smartlist under the Customer folder, while you can choose to add the Send Email Statements column you cannot select to add the To, CC or BCC email address fields. You should be able to do this so you can easily view the information. These columns should be standard columns that you can select for Customers. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most vo...

making a sum outcome negative based on adjacent cell value
I have 3 columns of single figures. At present i'm using the sumproduc fuction to multiply and total the figures in column A that fall betwee 4 and 9 with the adjacent figure in column B... =SUMPRODUCT(--($A1:$A600>=4),--($A1:$A600<=9),($B1:$B600),($A1:$A600) I'd like to add column C to the formula, so that if it contained value of -1, 1 or 2, the sum of the adjacent figures in columns A and appears as a negative number. For example A3= 7, B3= 2, C3= 1 Outcome= -14 A4= 9, B4= 1, C4= 5 Outcome= 9 A5= 3, B5= 2, C5= 2 No sum because figure in column A ...

Calcualting the time between email received date and reply date
Hi My boss wants data as to within how many days a reply was sent to a message. Is it possible in microsoft outlook to find out after how many days a message got replied? Thanks Shanks Shanks <Shanks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My boss wants data as to within how many days a reply was sent to a > message. Is it possible in microsoft outlook to find out after how > many days a message got replied? WIth Outlook 2003, one can observe the received time and compare it to the "You replied" time shown in the Info Bar. -- Brian Tillman Hi Brian Is there a...

Merged Cells
I have imported data into Excel. The left-hand column has merged cells containing a reference number. The remaining columns contain varying records associated with the reference number, a one to many ratio. I need to display the worksheet so that the appropriate reference number is displayed in the left-hand column for each of the records in the worksheet. There are hundreds of reference numbers. Is there an automated way to do this besides unmerging each section and copying the reference number into the now unmerged cells? Thank you. ...

Attachments to E-mail
When typing email and go to add attachment, it puts attachment in body of e-mail and reipeinets can't see. every once in a while the attachment gets put into seperate attachment area and then ok to see. Any recommendations. Thanks Versions would help troubleshooting, but I'll take a stab anyway. Does this occur when you send email with attachments to yourself? It could be that you're sending a type of file that the recipient has blocked in their configuration. It could be an issue between sending messages using HTML vs Plain Text. Not everyone can read HTML. It may ...

HOW to COUNT THE FREQUENCY of specific CHARACTER WITHIN a CELL?
How can a frequency of a specific character be counted with in a cell. Ex -" #4 Bluebirds, #6 Aquatic" is in cell B2 - how do I count the number of "#" that appear in cell B2? =LEN(B2)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(B2,"#","")) HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >How can a frequency of a specific character be counted with in a cell. Ex -" >#4 Bluebirds, #6 Aquatic" is in cell B2 - how do I count the number of "#" >that appear in cell B2? >. > ...

downloading emails
I have been having trouble with outlook ever since Wanadoo discontinued their newsgroup service; I accessed it through outlook express and the "news" folder of outlook. Yesterday Outlook crashed and I have had to re-install it from scratch. Now however I cannot get it to send or receive emails. When I worked my way through the wizard setting it up it did send out the test email and that can be opened in outlook express so it appears to be connected properly Every time I try I am getting this menu and no matter how often I click OK I do not get past it:- "Enter Net Password &qu...

Outlook 2003 AutoArchive Deletes emails
1000+ users on our domains have been having an issue where they run AutoArchive and a large number of their non-expired emails are moved to the Deleted Items folder of their Personal Folder File (or, if one doesn't exist, one is created on their hard drive) and the items in the Deleted Items folder of their PFF are deleted completely and must be recovered. After that point, any items placed in the PFF under Inbox will be sucked into Deleted Items in the Archive/PFF each time. We have checked the settings on 10+ machines and the only way to prevent this problem from occuring is to manuall...

Duplicate emails received (two copies)
I am receiving two copies of each received email. What could cause this problem? Thank You, Dan ...

How to prevent breaks in sentences within a paragraph when email
When I type a paragraph within an email, it looks great, even after I've added words to the sentence, or changed the sentence structure. Then I send the email, and sometimes send it to myself, but the sentences and paragraph are chopped up, and the idea doesn't "flow" like I wanted it to. Any suggestions on how I can keep the sentences together so they make more sense? I have looked at every option in "Tools", but haven't found a solution. Thanks. Are you using HTML or plain text? HTML will generally keep the same formatting while plain text ...