Assign Macro to Icon on toolbar

I want to assign a macro (error message) to the SAVE icon on the Standard
Toolbar to disable that save function to get the user to use the save button
I have set up on the Sheet. I know it can be done because I have it on a
spreadsheet someone elsse set up but I cannot find where they set it up.

THANKS for any help.

In EXCEL 2007 take the following actions:-

Office Button (top left hand corner).

Excel Options

Customize

In:-

Choose commands from:

 - select Macros

Highlight the Macro you wish to attach to the Save button

Your Macro should now be added to the bottom of the list on the right hand
side. Click it to highlight it.

Select:-

Modify . . .

 - button towards lower right hand side.

Choose the, “Save” icon and hit OK. Your Macro now has that icon assigned to
it.

Click on OK.

Your new button will now appear on the far right hand side of the Quick
Access Tooolbar (which itself is found towards the top left hand corner of
your EXCEL 2007 window).

Thanks.

"HomeTaught" wrote:

> I want to assign a macro (error message) to the SAVE icon on the Standard
> Toolbar to disable that save function to get the user to use the save button
> I have set up on the Sheet. I know it can be done because I have it on a
> spreadsheet someone elsse set up but I cannot find where they set it up.
>
> THANKS for any help.
Thanks I can see how this would work but will it have the icon only for the
one specific spreadsheet or for all spreadsheets for that computer. I want it
to be assigned with spreadsheet so that I do not have to do it on all
computers. Also, on thinking about it is it easier to do if I just give an
error message when they click the "save icon" rather than assigning it to run
a macro?
Thanks

"trip_to_tokyo" wrote:

> In EXCEL 2007 take the following actions:-
>
> Office Button (top left hand corner).
>
> Excel Options
>
> Customize
>
> In:-
>
> Choose commands from:
>
>  - select Macros
>
> Highlight the Macro you wish to attach to the Save button
>

> Your Macro should now be added to the bottom of the list on the right hand
> side. Click it to highlight it.
>
> Select:-
>
> Modify . . .
>
>  - button towards lower right hand side.
>
> Choose the, “Save” icon and hit OK. Your Macro now has that icon assigned to
> it.
>
> Click on OK.
>
> Your new button will now appear on the far right hand side of the Quick
> Access Tooolbar (which itself is found towards the top left hand corner of
> your EXCEL 2007 window).
>
> If my comments have helped please hit Yes.
>
> Thanks.
>

> "HomeTaught" wrote:
>
> > I want to assign a macro (error message) to the SAVE icon on the Standard
> > Toolbar to disable that save function to get the user to use the save button
> > I have set up on the Sheet. I know it can be done because I have it on a
> > spreadsheet someone elsse set up but I cannot find where they set it up.
> >
> > THANKS for any help.
I still need help .. Trip to Tokyo gave me one way but this is not good as I
send the spreadsheet out to other PC's and this change only makes it for that
PC.

does anyone else have any ideas PLEASE.

"HomeTaught" wrote:

> I want to assign a macro (error message) to the SAVE icon on the Standard
> Toolbar to disable that save function to get the user to use the save button
> I have set up on the Sheet. I know it can be done because I have it on a
> spreadsheet someone elsse set up but I cannot find where they set it up.
>
> THANKS for any help.

running a macro on a protected sheet
I've got a scenario where I've got several option buttons in groups to make choices. I've got the sheet protected so the buttons and/or groups can't be accidentally moved by the user. However, I've created a "clear all" button so the user can reset the form to redo their option button choices, if they need to. But, when protected, the macro attached to the "clear all" button won't work (due to the protection). How do I get around this? Thanks! Kriss, here is one way Sub test1() ActiveSheet.Unprotect password:="123" 'you cle...

Please help desktop/icons won't load
My computer will no longer boot up properly. I'm running windows xp It loads up but only the wallpaper no icons or task bar. I can't right click and it takes a while before ctrl, alt, and del will work. I've tried doing new task > explorer.exe and it has worked a few times but it's restricted. For example my second hard drive wouldn't load it freezes (only an egg time and then nothing) The browsers worked at first but the last few times again nothing. It seems to freeze a lot with the egg timer System restore I've tried about 5 times and it hasn't ...

Macro to select all and name range
I have a workbook with some macros that work on another workbook ("Data.xls"). One thing I want the macro to do, is to select everything in a worksheet named Survey and name the range "Database". This would be equivalent to go to the Data workbook and Survey worksheet, hitting Ctrl+Shift+End and enter Database in the name box. I can't record this action because the code specifies the cells included in the current version of Data.xls, and the number of rows will change. What code can I use to accomplish this? Richard Richard, Try this With Workbooks("D...

macro to all workbooks
is there possible to create a mocro for all excel work books. Two ways: 1. put the macro in your Personal.xls file. 2. put the macro in an add-in -- Gary''s Student - gsnu2007d "kaja48380@gmail.com" wrote: > is there possible to create a mocro for all excel work books. > ...

Find and delete macros
I have a file that I copied from another file. It is a simple little list on one page but when I open it I get the "this file contains macros" warning. How can I get rid of it? I don't want to turn off the macro warning altogether - I just want to "purify" my file. I have looked under macros and found none, the visual basic editor only seems to show various workbook properties. There aren't any controls and drop down boxes that I can find. What should I do? Heather, You have to delete the modules completely and clean out any sheet and workbook code. Try h...

Help with entering text in a macro.
As part of an existing macro I want to add quite a lot of text in rows 1 to 13. The way I am achieving this is using:- ActiveSheet.Cells(1, 1).Value = "insert text here to appear in row 1 column 1, the value of cell A15 is” ActiveSheet.Cells(2, 1).Value = "insert text here to appear in row 2 column 1” As part of the above I want to display the content of cell A15 at the end of the text in row 1 column 1. I have written the following:- ActiveSheet.Cells(1, 1).Value = "insert text here to appear in row 1 column 1, the value of cell A15 is” &A15. The problem I have...

Assigning unique ID
I know that I have read somewhere how to automatically assign unique IDs or account numbers to customers when the accounts are created in CRM, but I can not remember where to find this information. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks, -Rick One way is to use code to look for the latest account number used then add one etc. A post callout could do this using the SDK. Using other techniques you could even use javascript on the CRM form to call into the platform and do much the same thing ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowe...

capture DDE update value in VBA macro
Hi I have a dde connection to a server established via the following code: channelNumber = Application.DDEInitiate( _ app:="BDDE", _ topic:="HIST") returnList = Application.DDERequest(channelNumber, item$) For i = LBound(returnList) To UBound(returnList) Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells(i, 1).Formula = returnList(i) Next i Application.DDETerminate channelNumber The DDE server first sends the value "<WFR>" to tell the user that it is working on the request, and once the data is available, it sends it a couple of seconds later. The problem is...

Excel Macro's extended to a worksheet on ppt slide
Hello, I've written some VBA code and added it to my personal.xlsb file - which everything works great in excel. However, when I insert an Excel Macro-Enabled Worksheet into a PPT slide the macro's are not available to that embedded worksheet. This has worked in the past, but for some reason it stopped working. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks! In article <211446CC-D6C1-4053-9895-DD5D78E7A72E@microsoft.com>, VBA Newb wrote: > Hello, > > I've written some VBA code and added it to my personal.xlsb file - which > everything works great...

Toolbar Problems
They work well. That is not the problem. I have many sheets and each has a unique toolbar. They open and close with the page using the following sheet code. Private Sub Worksheet_Deactivate() Call NoBarPOT20x12 End Sub Private Sub Worksheet_Activate() Call BarPOT20x12 Application.Goto Range("A1"), Scroll:=True End Sub When I open a second sheet, I would like them to hide when the other sheet is selected, Second, I need a better way to kill all of the toolbars before closing. Is there a magical master command that will close all my custom toolbars reliably. Now, I open o...

ribbon detail has gone. Only headings are on toolbar
why am I suddenly only getting a single line ribbon in Word with just the headings (home,view etc) and not the full ribbon with all the commands. I had the full ribbon when I first installed Office 2007 but now its gone You have minimized the ribbon. Double click one of the tabs. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<&...

Macro code produces error

problem related macro
how we can execute macro tell me -- from sneha Hey guys!! Just wanted 2 tell you that...Jessie has already made pain's. talk 2 her. Bye! Gabri. "sneha karwal" <barbie_3883@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eEXOS9TeKHA.5568@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > how we can execute macro tell me > > > > > -- > from sneha > > "sneha karwal" <barbie_3883@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eEXOS9TeKHA.5568@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > how we can execute macro tell me > > > > > -- > f...

Macro for Opening an Excel document
please does anyone know a macro or a way to open an excel document through MS access? I want to automatically open an excel doc at the end of running a macro. Thank you in advance. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201005/1 Application.FollowHyperlink "C:\Folder\File.xls" -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele (no e-mails, please!) "axm0035 via AccessMonster.com" <u56602@uwe> wrote in message news:a88b896824356@uwe... > please does anyon...

Macro for e-mailing cell range
I created a log in excel to manage our incoming documents and need to get a macro that will bring up a new outlook email with the subject as the name of the workbook and the body of the email as the text inputed with in a cell. I can get it to automatically email the entire sheet, but only need it to e-mail the information in the last updated cell of a particular column. This is the macro that I am currently using: Sub SendSheet() ActiveWorkbook.SendMail Recipients:="email address" Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub Thanks in advance for any help provided. Have a look at t...

Email Toolbar Position
Hi, When using Word as the email editor I can't reposition the email toolbar. I can move the toolbar around, but the position appears to be reset once I close the message - next time I open it it's back in the old position. I've already tried to : - Delete normal.dot - Delete email.dot - Delete outcmd.dat as well as playing with the toolbar positions in Word. Problem has only recently started - after a minor change to Normal.dot Other toolbars can be moved as normal. It's only a small inconvenience, but it's bloody annoying. Any ideas ??? TIA, Adam ...

Entourage (EWS) Message Status icons missing for Reply and Forward
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange This week I started upgrading people in my office to Entourage Web Services, v13.0.3 (machines running 10.6.2 and Office v12.2.3). <br><br>The upgrade and re-import of Entourage DB goes fine. The problem is that the Reply and Forward status icons do not sync. So, no one has any idea if messages in their Inbox have been acted upon or not. This is a HUGE deal as I have multiple sales executives who track communication with clients by quickly looking to see if they have replied...

Envelope icon in system tray remains
Recently, I've had a problem with the envelope icon remaining in my system tray after e-mail is opened in Outlook 2000 on XP. If I click on the icon I receive an "Operation failed" error message. I can still view my mail but subsequent start to receive double e-mails. Any ideas as to what may be happening? I have Norton Antivirus 2004 running in the background, but this problem seems more recent. ...

Launching a Workflow from a custom button in the toolbar
I would like to launch a workflow (change status) by pressing a custom button added on the toolbar of a form: is it possible. I thougth to use javascript to do it: am i wrong? Can anybody help me? Fede ...

how can i add toolbar button on the fly( with tooltip )
i want to add button to the toolbar dynamicly and set button text(but i don't want the text to be shown), and i need tooltip, i know how to add butto now ,but i can't implement the later requirements. anyone can help me? There is a ton of toolbar related info here: http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/toolbar/ Look at using the GetToolTips() function in CToolBarCtrl to get the tooltip control and then set the tip for the button using that. Tom "jimmy" <jimmy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B54F0C8F-C615-435F-8DD1-AC2FF0DABEE9@microsoft.com... &g...

Macros don't work in shared workbook?
I could have sworn they did in others that I've used where the workbook is shared. Is there anything I should be looking at? I fully understand that we can't view or edit them when they're shared, but the macros should work, shouldn't they? It would defeat the purpose of having them, I would have thought. So obviously, I'm missing something. But what ... that's the question <g>. In general, macros should work in shared workbook--if the user allows macros to run(!). But maybe your macros are trying to do illegal stuff in that shared workbook and you'...

attachment icon when there is none
Suddenly I am getting my emails showing the icon for attachments when there is know. Can't seem to get rid of it. Any ideas. Thanks. ...

Text Only for Macros in Excel 2007?
Hello, I'm using the Office 2007 Beta and haven't been able to rename macros I've created and added to the ribbon. Even though I type the name I want, it only shows the symbol until you mouse over it, then it shows up with the correct name as a tool tip. I can't find the option to have it display "text only" instead of symbols. Does anyone know where this is? Thanks Jim ...

Task-assignments
Hi! When working with appointments you have the possibility to create a resource-mailbox e.g. for meeting rooms. The resource-mailbox automatically handles appointment requests. We want to create someting similar for tasks. We create a mailbox that is accesible for several users (via outlook options representatives, so users are able to open the tasks-folder of the mailbox). In that mailbox, tasks are created and assigned to users. The users accept the tasks and send a mail to the resource mailbox. In the case of the resource mailbox for appointments you can set the options of the mailbox to ...

macro to Find Replace in Excel
Hi, I need to find double quotes in an excel file (could be a selectoin of rows) and replace them with nothing ( yeah just want to delete them) The built in Excel function to Find and Replace all gives me error "formula too long" Can someone please write me a small macro code thanks Hi I just tried with Find and Replace Replace All " with nothing entered removes all " from sheet/range Replace All "" with nothing entered removes all "" from sheet/range, but entries like " or " " remain unchanged. Arvi Laanemets "Nurddin&quo...