Assign Macro to Command Button

I am running Microsoft Excell version 9.0 and cannot get
the assign macro command to come up when I put a command
button on the worksheet.  I have done this many times in
the past with no problem with different versions of Excel.
Am I missing something.

Thanks for your reply
0
fborger (41)

If the button is from the Forms toolbar the Assign Macro dialog opens when a
button is placed in a worksheet.  If it's from the Control Toolbox this does
not happen.  You just double-click the button to get to the assigned macro.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP

0
jrrech (1933)

Removing Buttons
I copied buttons from a WEB page into an EXCEL spreadsheet. I tried to remove the buttons using edit/go to/special/objects -- but it says 'no objects found'. I also tried to 'right click' the button and cut - but it did not work either. I can send you a sample if possible. If there's no shapes you want to keep, maybe this'll do it for you. (Save your file first--just in case.) Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim iCtr As Long Dim myErrNumber As Long With ActiveSheet .Shapes.SelectAll On Error Resume Next Selection.Delete ...

Excel macro or command button to search using a user form
I have a user form which shows info about each student. I want to be able to enter a student's name in a textbox and have all the fields on the form populated with the student information. You need to be a lot more specific on what you are wanting else we have to make a lot of assumptions. I would recommend using a combobox instead of a textbox. This way you can utilize the Change Event and have the students info. automatically filled in the rest of your userform. I will assume you have a list of students in Sheet1 in Col. A. Just set the RowSource property of the c...

Closing a child Dialog when the Mouse button is clicked outside the Parent Dialog
Hai I Have a Parent Dialog and a ChildDialog associated with that and when the mouse is clciked outside the Parent Dialog the child window has to be closed and the parent dialog has to minimized to the taskbar please let me know how to handle this situation Thanks and Regards sures h Are you referring to a dialogs that have Parent/Child relation? The reason I ask is because this is rather unusual. Modeless dialogs are used as children of the frame window as form view. Are you writing something similar to this? "Suresh" wrot...

Will a Macro do this? If so, HOW?
I have a tracking spreadsheet going right now. Lots of dates and names. I would like to set up this sheet so that if I change a status (via dropdown menu) to complete, it automatically changes all dates to the next calendar year and clears that 'status'. Is this possible? Do I need a macro? And how do I set it up? I've never coded a macro, just recorded them... ...

macro query disable download failure
Hello, I have a macro which retrieve different queries from the web. It happens that a resource at that moment isn''t available. If this happens the querie gives a message which said unable to open http://webpage This message i don't want to display (other routines herefor). I use "Application.DisplayAlerts = False" but this won't help. Can anybody help me with this problem. Thanks ...

Disable 'Macro' dialog box...
Thanks Geoff, for the info on how to protect the VBA code. Have one further question; Now that the workbook and code is protected, I have sub routines that are run from command buttons. However, it is still possible to push ALT-F8 to list my routines, then click on a routine, then choose 'Run'... Is there a way to disable this option, so that users can not view or run the list of available routines (I need them to run the routines, only from the command buttons). Ruskin You can do what you want by making each macro a Private macro. This will preclude that macro from appearing...

MACROS SETUP
I would like to set up a macro to do the following: RUN MACRO = SENDING E-MAIL Set up Retreive info from several files (specefic worksheet). Retreive base on number e.g (111-0 or 187-1 etc).Each number has an e-mail address. Format to send as e-mail: 1st TEN rows of the worksheet and rows corresponding with the numbers (117-0) Retreive ONE row above and below numbers Page break if several numbers has the same e-mail within a file/worksheet Page break when retreive info from different file Hi just as a starting point: http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/add-in.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankf...

Macro to run when opening doc
Hi all Is there any way to make a macro run when opening a specific document?? Tks in advance António Hi Antonio, Yes, you can name the macro 'AutoOpen' or call it from a macro so-named in a normal code module. Alternatively, you can use a 'Document_Open' macro in the document's 'ThisDocument' module, instead of the 'AutoOpen' macro. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "Antonio" <Antonio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:965EBAAC-A781-4163-9530-8454EDE1832B@microsoft.com... > Hi all &g...

Macro Error when moved Xcel Sheets from User's Home Dir to Networ
Hello Xcel spreadsheets Copied from User's Network Home Folder to Another Network Folder. copy \\network\home\userA\*x.s \\network\REPGROUP Getting "object variable or with block.." What else I need to copy, when copying from one network location to another. I reverted back to old way, still same problem Thanks Basheer Use FileCopy to copy files. -- Jim "Basheer" <Basheer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:744DF6C5-96B3-48B2-99AF-657487D87FCD@microsoft.com... | Hello | Xcel spreadsheets Copied from User's Network Home Folder to Another...

Macros failing in different language versions of Word
My company wants to standardize on templates across several countries - we have offices in many countries, but for simplicity I will just talk about UK and Sweden. My problem is that some features in the English version of Word do not work in the Swedish version of Word. For example, StylRef. I use StyleRef in the header margin to refer to "Heading 1" style. The problem is that it is not called "Heading 1" in the Swedish version of Word. It is called "Rubrik 1", which translates back to "Heading 1" of course. In the UK we use many macro...

Referencing a macro in an Excel formula
Is it possible to reference a macro in an Excel formula. I want to create a formula that if a condition does not exist in a cell on that line, then delete the entire line. Is a macro the way to go or is there some other way? ...

.reload command in windbg
I tried to reload symbol files for my driver in noisy mode it shows reload process as: DBGHELP: c:\users\parnav\desktop\T1\objchk_wlh_x86\i386\MYTESTDRIVER.sys - OK DBGENG: c:\users\parnav\desktop\T1\objchk_wlh_x86\i386\MYTESTDRIVER.sys - Mapped image memory SYMSRV: A connection with the server could not be established SYMSRV: c:\symstore\MYTESTDRIVER.pdb\61124566B6934B51A62A0D3722679C9F1\MYTESTDRIVER.pdb not found SYMSRV: http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols/MYTESTDRIVER.pdb/61124566B6934B51A62A0D3722679C9F1/MYTESTDRIVER.pdb not found DBGHELP: c:\windows\symbols1\MYTES...

ANN: nxslt.exe (.NET XSLT Command Line Utility) version 1.5
Hello! I'm glad to announce version 1.5 of the nxslt.exe - .NET XSLT command line utility. What is nxslt ------------- nxslt is a feature-rich command line utility that allows to perform XSL Transformations (XSLT) using .NET Framework's XSLT implementation - System.Xml.Xsl.XslTransform class. nxslt is compatible with command line options, provided by Microsoft's MSXSL.EXE Command Line Transformation Utility. In addition, nxslt has some distinct advanced features, like support for XInclude and XPointer, embedded stylesheets, custom URI resolving, multiple result documents, custom ...

Protect macro
I have a workbook that contains a macro that many people will be using. can the macro be protected to prevent changes to the macro. I can protect worksheets but I don't know how to protect a macro. Garry Open your workbook Open the VBE hit ctrl-r to see the project explorer Select your project in the project explorer window Tools|VBAProject Properties|Protection Tab Give it a memorable password (and lock the project from viewing) But remember, this password, like any password, can be broken by anyone with enough time or money. On 07/07/2010 08:57, Paladin046 wrote: > I have a wo...

How do I set a macro to run at specific times?
Hi I have recorded a macro which I want to run automatically every hour. Could someone tell me how I do this You can read about the scheduling procedures at Chip Pearson's site: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm Nick123 wrote: > > Hi > > I have recorded a macro which I want to run automatically every hour. Could > someone tell me how I do this -- Dave Peterson ...

How to add button for macro in Fluent UI?
I have a macro in my personal.xlsb which will be available for all the workbooks in my PC. I want to add a button in the fluent UI for that macro which will be available for all the work books. How to add a custom button? If you want to learn about modifying the ribbon, you can start at Ron de Bruin's site: http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm http://www.rondebruin.nl/qat.htm -- For macros for all workbooks (saved as an addin) or http://www.rondebruin.nl/2007addin.htm Yajiv wrote: > > I have a macro in my personal.xlsb which will be available for all the > workbooks in my PC. &...

Unhiding All hidden Worksheets with a Macro/VBA Code
Hi, Can anyone help me please ? Whilst working with an Excel Workbook I often hide all unwanted Worksheets leaving only the ones I need to work on visible. What I would like to do is have a macro or VBA code to click on a button to unhide all hidden worksheets rather repeating Format-Sheet-Unhide to unhide each worksheet. Any help would be greatly appreciated (Excel version Excel 2000) Many thanks Rob -- robertguy 44 Married two kids ------------------------------------------------------------------------ robertguy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinf...

Macros and Autofills problem
Can anybody help with this problem I'm having on Excel? I'm trying to write a Macro on Excel that gets information from database and the filters the information by various calculations an lookups. I get stuck because information I retrieve from the database does no always have the same amount of rows. So if I record a Macro, retrieve the date from the database, write formula in the first row and then double click on the lower right han box to copy the formula down to the other rows of information, it work fine. But if I run the Macro again and there are more rows from the data...

Print form without command button.
I need to know how to print a from without the command buttons showing. Thx for your insight. On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 14:59:03 -0700, Sokan33 wrote: > I need to know how to print a from without the command buttons showing. Thx > for your insight. Set the button's Display When property to Screen Only. It's on the button's property sheet's Format tab. Note: Form's are designed for data entry, manipulation , and display, not for printing. You would be well advised to create a report with the data you wish to show. If you wish to display the data within the form'...

How To Find A Macro -- Word 2007
Our company has several hundred controlled forms that are saved as protected templates on a server. Recently, we've had many cases of people trying to open these templates and getting error messages about macros (Do you want to enable?) even though there shouldn't be any macros in the forms that are giving the errors. I know very little (read "less than nothing") about macros. How do you find and disable an unwanted macro in a document? Where do they hide? I don't know if it matters, but all of the forms that give these errors have been recently revised...

I can't select non adjacent cells using the control button
For some reason I am having a terrible time selecting or highlighting a group of cells and then using the control button and selecting another group of cells Are you selecting say A1:A3 then hold CTRL key and select D1:D3? What occurs when you try? How about hitting SHIFT + F8 then selecting A1:A3 and D1:D3? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 19 Sep 2009 15:24:01 -0700, mustbesimple <mustbesimple@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >For some reason I am having a terrible time selecting or highlighting a group >of cells and then using the control button and selecting anothe...

Finding Macros In Workbooks
Is there a wasy to find all Excel workbooks in a folder that have a macro in them. If so, how? Thanks, John ...

Close button on tabs
I have a tab control with icons + labels. I want to include a little 'x' on the top-right corner of each tab (a close button). I suspect I'm going to need to create a custom control. My question is: Is is possible to subclass or somehow utilize CTabCtrl so that I don't have to recreate the entire control form a CWnd or CStatic control? If so, how? Thank you all. You can owner-draw the CTabCtrl. Here is a sample. http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/controls/tabcontrols/article.php/c2237 You could draw the "X" in the DrawItem() code. -SM On Sep 9, 2:56=A0am, Se...

Voting Buttons
Hello, I have an approval process that I an trying to make faster. I would like to send the necessary files to the required reviewers, and include voting buttons for them to 'accept' or 'reject' the data. I learned how to set up a template for this purpose and have successfully seen the vote responses recorded in the original e-mail on the "tracking" tab. I can print this e-mail once all have responded and have a paper record of their votes. However, there are times when the voters "edit their response before sending" and include comments. Rathe...

Re-Assign Company also re-assigns tasks
If you are the owner of an account record in CRM & the account is re-assigned to someone else then all the activities (both open and history items!)are re-assigned to the new account owner. This is often not what is required - anyway that we can stop this so that re-assigning the account doesnt necessarily re-assign all activities related to it? Roger Sorry - please ignore this post; it's simple enough to do via Customisations, I was just loking in the wrong place before. Roger "Roger" <roger_id@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:50DBF649-9179-4275-8963-0CAE...