Assign Macro to button in Excel doesnt work Any ideas?

I have followed the instructions in help but when I get to step 3 "right
click to bring up shortcut menu & enter Assign Macro" the assign macro"
option does not appear!!  Any Ideas
0
Becketts (1)

Hi Mike

can you see assign macro - but it is greyed out? or is it not an option at
all?

if it is greyed out you'll notice around the button little diagonal lines,
click on these and they should go furryish .. now try right mouse clicking.

if the option is not there at all, please post back letting us know how you
created the button.

Cheers
JulieD

"Mike@Becketts" <Mike@Becketts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have followed the instructions in help but when I get to step 3 "right
> click to bring up shortcut menu & enter Assign Macro" the assign macro"
> option does not appear!!  Any Ideas

0
JulieD1 (2295)
12/20/2004 12:04:57 PM
There are two different buttons you can place on a worksheet.

One is called a commandbutton and it's from the control toolbox toolbar.

The other is a button from the Forms toolbar.

I'm guessing you used the commandbutton from the control toolbox toolbar.  Try
deleting that button and adding a button from the Forms toolbar.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Excel Newbie-Simple Question Regarding Numbers Formats
Trying to enter positive numbers (no decimal places) into cells that start with the number zero.No luck. Tried "Help"...couldn't figure it out (after 30 minutes). Can somebody walk me through it? I'm using Excel 2000. TIA! The only way I know a number starting with zero (0) can be entered in cell without losing the 0 is to put an apostrophe before entering th number, e.g. '012345 and this will register in the cell as 012345. But then, technically this is not in a number format. This will be a text. BTW, how can a number starting with 0 not have a decimal place i...

Tab delimited text problems within Excel
When opening a tab delimited file within excel I am experiencing problems. The file's last column is blank, which is needed, but when I open it within excel it recognises that the column exists for the first 15 rows then it doesn't recognises the column when saving back as a text file.. Any ideas? A lot of programs don't need the tab if there is nothing in the values. But if your program does, how about putting something in that last column that you want. Just put a single apostrophe (') in that last column of each row and excel will understand what you want. Andrew...

Excel chart
How do you assign the Excel file name automatically in the chart of the file. We are developing a templete file. Each file has 5-10 charts and we would like to have the chart title to include the file name. We are familiar with the header code "&[file]" but it does not work in the title. Thank you, Hi TGreen, Put this formula somewhere on the worksheet. =CELL("filename",A1) This will return the full path\filename. Then select the chart, type = and select the cell withthe formula. That will build a textbox with the filename in the chart. Ed Ferrero http://edferr...

EXCEL 2007 no longer add properly
In cell k17 I have the number 1 in cell l17 I have the number 2 in cell m17 I have the formula =+k17+l17(and the answer is 3 as it should be) Here is the trouble. If I copy cell M17 down to M18 thru m20 I still get the answer as 3 but there are no number in the k18 and l18 or k19 and l19 or k20 and l20 What has gone wrong? Thanks Hi, Did you recalcule the spreadsheet - press F9? If this is the problem, then choose Tools, Options, Calculation, Automatic -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "pcor" wrote: > In cell k17 I have the number 1 > in cell l17 I have the number 2 > ...

Transform XML Files with XSLT When Importing into Microsoft Excel 2000
Is it possible or is it just a feature supported by Excel 2002 Thanks, Bob ...

want to overwrite Excel workbook instead of appending new data
Hello, I'm doing data import overnight. Now the new data is appended to the old data. But I want to overwrite Excel workbook instead of appending new datato the old data. Any idea? Thanks! In article <2E756F9B-ADD7-40DE-954E-A29BE379B321@microsoft.com>, Excel@discussions.microsoft.com says... > Hello, > > I'm doing data import overnight. Now the new data is appended to the old > data. But I want to overwrite Excel workbook instead of appending new datato > the old data. Any idea? Thanks! > Delete the existing data before importing? Depending on how you...

How to enable the function WeekNum for Excel 2003?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to enable the function WeekNum for Excel 2003? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric Hi, Tools|Addins and check 'Analysis toolpak' Mike "Eric" wrote: > Does anyone have any suggestions on how to enable the function WeekNum for > Excel 2003? > Thanks in advance for any suggestions > Eric ...

Excel 2000 formula recalc problem
Hi everybody, I have a problem making sure all the formulas in the spreadsheet recalculate, when recalc is called from within a macro. I have a complicated spreadsheet model that takes a second or two to recalculate. I run a macro that: 1. Sets up parameters 2. Forces recalc 3. Grabs the output 4. Cycles back to step 1 with different parameters, etc. My code looks something like this: For j = pageFirst To pageLast Step pageStep <set up parameters of the j-th scenario> Application.CalculateFull <save the output, which is just a rect...

03 -> 07 transition probs: The component"Microsoft Exchange...cannot be assigned the action "Remove"
I am in the process of trying to remove an 03 exchange server (which is also a domain controller, yes I know...) after the mailboxes etc have been moved to 2007 server. I receive the message: The component "Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration Services" cannot be assigned the action "Remove" because: -One or more users currently use a mailbox store on this server. These users must be moved to a mailbox store on a different server or be mail disabled before uninstalling this server. Prior to attempting to remove the ex 03 server I followed the ins...

Excel Mac Layout
Hello, On the Excel for macintosh, can you change the layout to look like Excel for windows? -- Thank you... Elaine Elaine - Both Mac Excel 2004 and 2008 use menus, so they look somewhat like Windows Excel 2003 and earlier Windows versions. Neither Mac version has the ribbons used in Windows Excel 2007 and 2010. If you want to know how your Mac Excel can be customized, I suggest posting in the very active microsoft.public.mac.office.excel newsgroup. Be sure to mention your version of Excel. - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com "Elaine" <Elaine...

Excel and DFS
I set up a domain dfs root on a w2k3 server, and many links. If a client tries to open up an excel document using the DFS path name, they get an error '\\domainname' could not be found. This does not happen with word, and other applications. If I map a drive to the DFS root it works, or if I use the server name in the path instead of the domain. It also works in Excel 2002. Just appears to be excel 2000 that it does not work Anybody have any ideas Thank You Can you follow the path down in the File|open Dialog. Just to make sure that there wasn't a typo. (Just a guess--I _t...

Excel to Access
Is there a way to capture the data in excel and paste it into an access database? I use an access db (didn't build it and don't know how to) to track inspections. Last year when I got a PDA I built an excel table with same fields as the access db. Now I have to put the data into it and it won't let me paste it. Some of the fields in the access db have drop down options... Help! Mike Open your Access database and go to "Tables". Click the "File" drop down menu to get File>Get External Data>Import. Change the file type to look for to Excel, xls and ...

Change default # of print copies in Excel
I have an Excel 2003 SP3 document that defaults to 15 copies when printing it. It can be over-ridden, but people forget to do that and print too much. Can the '15' be changed to '1' and saved that way for future printing? How do you do it? Thanks, Stan Milbrath ...

new to excel
hello, i am starting a job which i am required to learn excel. they are allowing me to seek some training. does anyone have suggestions on the quickest way to learn basic excel? I am in a hurry! i have computer experience as a home user of windows, internet, etc, but not much experience with office. How long do you think it takes to grasp this stuff!!!!????? Please!!! Any advise. Thanks so much in advance! Maureen, "How long do you think it takes to grasp this stuff" it depends on what stuff you want to do, here is a very basic tutorial that might help you get started, ...

right-button menu in RichEdit control
Hello, I placed a RichEdit on a CDialog. No menu appears when I right click the control at runtime (as it does with normal edit boxes). Is it posible to enable it? Thanks Vaclav > I placed a RichEdit on a CDialog. No menu appears when I right click the > control at runtime (as it does with normal edit boxes). Is it posible to > enable it? > It dosnt seem to happen by default. You have to do it yourself: http://www.codeproject.com/richedit/popupdemo.asp --- Ajay Thank you! Vaclav "Ajay Kalra" <ajaykalra@yahoo.com> p�se v diskusn�m pr�spevku news:115627...

using option buttons #2
sorry im a bit of a noob, what do you mean by frame? :confused -- 4nd ----------------------------------------------------------------------- 4ndy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1494 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26576 When you're designing the userform inside the VBE, you'll see an icon on the toolbox toolbar that looks like an outline of a frame with xyz in the top border. If you let your cursor linger over the icon, you'll see Frame as the tooltip. If you put your optionbuttons within that...

Import csv-file Excel 2007
If I import a csv-file where numbers have . as decimal, I am not able to import this correctly if I have , as decimal in Regional settings. I got both .. as both for each 1000 and decimal; no numbers! If I do the exact same in Excel 2003, it is working perfect. As a workaround I change to , in my textfile before importing, but this is a very unnecessary work. Are there someone having solved this?? In Excel 2003 I entered Jan, Feb, .... in A1:A10 and in B1:B10 I I entered some decimal values 10.2,12.3,... I saved the files as a CSV file and confirmed it opened correctly in Excel 2003 and...

Write to excel with odb
net newb here... i found this intro but dont' know where to go from here Sub WriteExcelFileWithJet() 'If your purpose of use Excel is only to store data in a sheet, you do not need to run Excel application at all. Simply use MS Jet OLDDB driver and ..NET System.Data.OleDb name space (OleDbConnection) to query/retrieve data and update from/to Excel sheet. This way you will not need to deal the famous Excel.Application remains in memory issue, which has been raised so many times. Dim ODB As System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection ODB.ConnectionString = "Provider=Micro...

Excel 2008 hyperlinks won=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=92?=t save on .xlsx format, but will save in xls format.

Macro to color fill rows?
I know Excel doesn't read fill color but can you make a macro that finds all cells with the word "total" in it and fill color that entire row? Thanks in advance for any help! Jennifer Try: Sub ordinate() Dim r As Range For Each r In ActiveSheet.UsedRange If r.Value = "total" Then r.EntireRow.Interior.ColorIndex = 6 End If Next End Sub I picked 6 - yellow -- Gary''s Student "Jennifer" wrote: > I know Excel doesn't read fill color but can you make a macro that finds all > cells with the word "total" in it and...

Attachments not working for some users
Hello, Has anyone come across this? We have 2 users in the system who are both system administrators, both in the same business unit. One person can add attachments to CRM e-mails and the other user cannot (they get an http 500 internal server error). Any ideas why this would be occuring? jolee ...

Non working Publisher 2000
When I click on Publisher the screen goes black then Publisher appears with large fonts & images. I am asked to insert the Office disk #2. As soon as I begin working I get the following message: Version 6.0 encountered a problem and needs to close. Sorry for the inconvience. It then sends a report to MS of the insident and returns me to my desktop. I recently up graded from ME to XP. Did you upgrade your device drivers to XP? The printer, the video driver??? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "The Old Guy&...

Excel 2003
Hi I need to create a macro that will first do a "save as" picking up a file name from a cell on the worksheet and then will exit excel Chage the reference of [a1] to the cell on your worksheet that has the name you want to save as: Sub SaveAndClose() ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _ "C:\myDirectory\" & [a1] & ".xls" ActiveWorkbook.Close End Sub -- Regards, Dave "Alan_Malawi" wrote: > Hi I need to create a macro that will first do a "save as" picking up a file > name from a cell o...

Excel 2007
How do i convert excel 2007 files to excel 2000 files and mail it Use File | Save As; specify Excel 97-2003 format in the Type box. Now it is ready to email best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Vishwas" <Vishwas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B337E4C0-DB2D-4EE9-AB8A-F07635DC4C17@microsoft.com... > How do i convert excel 2007 files to excel 2000 files and mail it Office button>Save as>Excel97-2003 workbook -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Vishwas" <Vishwas@discus...

excel opens but not the document
i have a problem with excel 2003 - when i click on an excel document excel opens but does not load the document - i have to go to file >> open to open the document any idea's would be appreciated Sometimes one of these works when you're having trouble with double clicking on the file in windows explorer: Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it) --- or --- Close Excel and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unregserver then Windows Start Button|Run excel /regserver The /unregserver & /regserver stuff resets the windows registry to excel's fa...