Aspect ratio of image differs in print

I have a protected xlt-document with a company logotype in the position of a
header. I can´t put the image in the real header because I have to use the
space by the image for other things.

My problem is that the aspect of the image changes when I print the
document. Om the computer screen it looks good and the preferences have the
correct value but when I print the document the image gets squared instead of
beeing higher than wide.

The top and bottom margin of the document is 1 cm and the printing setting
is for the document to maintain 100% of its size.

I hope anyone can either help me solve this or at least explain why this is
happening.

Thanks is advance!
//Monika

My guess why:  Because no one at MS thought that this was important enough to
address.

You could email them your request:
mswish@microsoft.com

My personal solution would be to decide which is more important--on screen or on
paper.  And try to make it look best for that.

A possible (yucky) solution would be to resize that image right before you
print, print, and then put it back.  But I would expect that to be a mess.  If
you have to support different printers, it could be awful to make sure each
printer's output is pretty.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Two identical formulas for a different result?
Hello everyone, :) A very quick question, but nonetheless very intriguing to me (I jus lost 4h on that :( ) I don't understand why my first formula works, and the second and thir don't. {=SUM(IF(FiscYear="2003",IF(IncomeFeeID="RB",Amount,0),0))} =SUMPRODUCT((FiscYear="2003")*(IncomeFeeID="RB")*Amount) (result is #value) =SUMPRODUCT((FiscYear="2003")*(IncomeFeeID="RB"),Amount) (this one could work too I thought, but result in a 0) I am simply trying to sum (amount) when the fiscal year is 2003 an IncomeFeeId is RB......

Printing just one page?
I would like to print just one page in my publication, at times. When I hit file, print, I do not have a print option. Print merge, print preview are all that is available. Can anyone help? Please?? What version Publisher? When you are ready to print one page, there should be check off for "current page". Are you expanding the File menu? Right-click any toolbar (Publisher 2002), customize, toolbars tab, check *Always show full menus." What happens if you ctrl+p or click the print icon on the toolbar? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msau...

Mailbox in a different AD forest
Hi all We've just created a second Active Directory forest "domain3" (win2k3) on our network and setup a 2-way trust with our exisiting domain "domain2.domain1" which contains an Exchange 2003 server. Can I setup mailboxes for the domain3 users in the domain2.domain1 Exchange server? Ideally I do not want to create disabled accounts in domain2.domain1and then associate their mailboxes with accounts in domain3, or deploy an Exchange server in domain3. I just want to host the domain3/user mailbox on the domain2.domain1 Exch2k3 server. So far I haven't read an...

How do I show hyperlinked images opened in a report
I am a newbie to access and I was wondering how I can show hyperlinked images opened in a report. I have viewed other threads and it seems possible, but I can not figure it out. I currently have a table with over 2000 records and up to 6 hyperlinked images to each record along with other data. The reports will be based off querries for a few records at a time. Please help! I really need help with this one. This is what I've done: Added an Image control to the report. After I added and saved the image control, I've deleted it's picture property. I Coded the Detail Section F...

won't print
I've built a news letter and prepared the file for printing service, now I can't print it. What have I done wrong and how can I fix it You could press the print button or You could give us just a few clues about what OS, Pub version, Printer,and error indications so we could try to understand what you are doing. -- John G Wot's Your Real Problem? "edward" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08af01c3afff$1213e1c0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I've built a news letter and prepared the file for > printing service, now I can't print i...

What template is best for analysing returns from different income
I need to show best format for analysing different income pools of assets w/ various costs and % returns ...

How do i select different cells to be use in a formula.
Hi I need to know how to select different cells to be used in a formula, but i don't know what is the separator that i need to use to this, see the example bellow Cells that i need to include on my formula: A1 C5 BH32 Thanks. Hi you didn't mention what formula but here's a starting point: =AVERAGE(A1,C5,BH32) or depending on your regional settings =AVERAGE(A1;C5;BH32) hope this helps Cheers JulieD "Manuel" <Manuel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A855A562-725C-4B10-B111-A88F7A767122@microsoft.com... > Hi > > I need to know ho...

Printing of attachment line on a sent message
Trying to print a sent message that had an attachment with it. Cannot get attachment line to print. From, Sent, To and Subject lines are printing, but not the attachment line. Any suggestions. ...

Couldn't print attachment in Outlook 2000
Hi, Need HELP. System reset whenever try to print mail with attachment in MS Outlook 2000. Thanks ...

Product key for different language
Just ordered a second copy of Office 2004 for Mac and with the shipment confirmation of the shop I have noticed that I have ordered the wrong language version and not the English one. As I already have a copy of the English Office 2004 I was wondering if it is possible to use the product key from the new non-english version for an installation from the english cd. In other words: can I use (technically and legally) the license which I have bought now to install a second copy of the english version or do I have to return the non-english version to swap it for the english one? I would ra...

How to print header all page
I create assetNo header (difference number of record for each assetNo) in my report and set keep together for each assetNo. If data in any assetNo more than one page, My report does not print assetNo header on next page. Where am I wrong. Nova wrote: >I create assetNo header (difference number of record for each assetNo) in my >report and set keep together for each assetNo. >If data in any assetNo more than one page, My report does not print assetNo >header on next page. To get a group header to appear on each page in addition to the start of the group, you need to set t...

In Excel, how can I print a long list on 1 page in multiple colum.
I have a long (700 rows) list in an Excel worksheeet. I would like to print the whole list on one page by making the font smaller and by printing it on multiple columns on the page. How can I set this up? Thanks Check out this David McRitchie link for the columns question: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm "Chuck" wrote: > I have a long (700 rows) list in an Excel worksheeet. I would like to print > the whole list on one page by making the font smaller and by printing it on > multiple columns on the page. How can I set this up? > > Thanks ...

mirror printing
Hi all. My wife is using Publisher 2003, on an XP-Home SP2 system. This evening she went to print a flyer she made and it printed in reverse. While I'm aware that one can set it to print in a mirrored format, I am unable to identify anything to stop this from happening. In checking the print drivers, all of the mirror settings are turned to off. In checking the page set up in Publisher, there is no option for her to perform a mirroring operation. I've checked the print preview and it shows as being correclty oriented. I.e., normal. But when I go to print the document, it's mir...

Embedding images in Publisher
Hello, I have pasted my resume document in Publisher. I added some images and then some text in front of the images. I then turned it into a PDF. I thought that the images were embedded, but when I go to a different computer and open the PDF, the text and images are not coming up, but look like blurs. This must mean I did not embed them accurately in Publisher, right? I use Publisher 2007. How can correct this? Thanks, Sandra What are you using to create the pdf file? Give primopdf (free) or PDF-XChange ($) a try to see if better results are attainable. www.primopdf.com ...

shared pop3 account with different outlook clients.
Hi! We are using different versions of Outlook. The versions used are Outlook Express 5.5, 6.0sp1 and Outlook 2000 and Outlook XP. The problem is a shared pop3 account, which all the clients receive (and leave a copy to). Some clients receive the mail properly, but some clients receive corrupt messages, i.e. messages with no subject and sender fields and a blank message body. Now, i found a corresponding KB article, but we dont have any IE 6.0:s installed. Is there any other software which might have that mlang.dll problem, or should i upgrade all browsers to 6.0SP1? Thanks in adv...

Rotation doesn't maintain aspect ratios on wordart objects
Heres the situation, Using the borders and fills option, you design a template=20 of a room using the cells. Once done, you place some=20 wordart objects that are scale "footprints" of objects to=20 be placed in that room. The idea is to move them around to gain a birds eye view=20 of the room design/layout. However when you rotate these=20 objects they get longer or shorter. When you rotate them 180=B0 (back to their starting=20 position) they are normal agian. WHY? If a rectangle=20 is exactly so many pixels long X wide...wouldn't it still=20 be that many when rotated 9...

Password different using RetrieveGlobals
Hi, I'm experiencing a weird problem when using RetrieveGlobals. The connection string from retrieveuserinfo is showing totally different password from what I used to login so I can't the connection to run any queries. The only account in which the password match is for "sa" account but not if I login using any other valid accounts. Have anyone experienced this issue and/or know a solution? TIA John. ------=_NextPart_0001_0D6BE0B7 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi John I am assuming that you are using Retrieveglobals.dll with Great Plai...

Print and review
I have 168 pages of excel to print on legal paper (14 inch) and I'm using 2002 or XP excel with Vista Ultimate. I change the margin and do a auto Fit on the ROW (I have to do a hundred of them) and nothing happens so I do a manual like changing it form 85 to 75 but when I print it, it has a big gap in the cell where another sentence should be. I go and do a print review and sure enough there is a big gap but on my spread sheet it looks OK, so I guess I need to do an auto fit that works. Can anyone help? Richard ...

Are there any design sets in Publisher for printing in landscape
I am having to produce a brochure which for Excel insert reasons will have to be produced for printing in landscape format. It would appear from perusing the Microsoft standard design sets that they are all in portrait. Can anyone point me in the right direction to find landscape ones,or, is there any way of changing those already in the programme to landscape? All the brochures templates are landscape. Click publications for print rather than design sets; although the brochures within the design sets are landscaped. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvp...

Can't print visio diagrams on HP9300 color printer.
Regardless of settings in visio or preferences on HP9300 deskjet printer, only the bottom 1/3 of ANY diagram appears on the printed page. Using A4 paper. Diagram prints properly on HP1015 laserjet printer. Have you installed Service Pack 1 for Visio 2003? This corrects several printing issues similar to what you describe. -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "leewilson248" <leewilson248@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D16F1D7-4C04-4CB1-B9DB-E0F8F450790B@microsoft.co...

SendObject behavior different after today's Windows XP updates
A client who runs XP and has been using Access2003 successfully for several years installed 3 WIndows updates today and, afterwords, code I wrote which emails orders to a distributor stopped working. In fact, any use of SendObject seems to be broken. The particular thing that happens is that it says the MS Office 2003 license expired in 2006 and he needs to either enter a product key or pay to upgrade the product. We are both assuming it means ACCESS. If he then clicks cancel on the screen wanting him to upgrade , he gets the text of the email that access generates on his s...

data validation fonts differ in drop down box
I am using Excel 2003. I have a group of cells with a data validation "list". That list contains 3 options -- check mark, "X", and "box" -- in Webdings. When you click the drop down box to make a selection the options are in alpha-numeric characters (Arial font(?)) and not Webdings. So my "check mark" becomes an "a" and my "X" becomes an "r". How can I get the drop down box to display the same font as the one in the list? Both the drop down box cells and the "list" cells are formatted with the...

Printing reports with no data
Actually the title of this question is a little misleading, sorry. This should be fairly simple. I run 5 different reports for 2 different shifts based on certain product catagories that were produced the previous day. Sometimes there is data for those reports and sometimes not. Instead of the report opening in preview, I would rather just have a MsgBox pop up that says there's nothing to report. Other than date and shift information, I'm pulling up the product SKU, description of the product, start and end time, qty and so on. please help! Thanks Bill R. -- John 3:16 "Fo...

Word Printing and Rotation of Landscaped Pages
When printing a document with mostly portrait pages but some landscapes, the landscape page is rotated for printing and is rotated so that the page top is on the right hand side of a traditional portrait page. I want it to rotate 180 degrees from that so that the bottom of the landscape page is on the right hand edge of the portrait page. Cannot seem to find a place to do that. Help !!! I don't think Excel can do that. Mike wrote: > When printing a document with mostly portrait pages but some landscapes, the > landscape page is rotated for printing and is rotated ...

Print Assistant change Start time
I use the Calendar print assistant to print my calendar. I normally use Long Week 01 or Standard Week 02 templates. The calendar starts at 8am. Is there a way to change this to 7am. My Outlook calendar shows a start time of 7am. Is there any way to further customize these templates. Thanks Kristy You can edit the XML - See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/editcpao.asp for instructions. I have not looked into changing the start times so I don't know where to tell you to look. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ O...