Arrow keys moves the sheet, not the marker!

Hi!

This "feature" is driving me nuts! When I use the arrow keys in the
excel worksheet, I'm not moving the marker between cells, but instead
I'm scrolling the work sheet, e.i. the entire sheet is moving, but the
marker remains on the same cell. This goes for all documents I open in
Excel.

Please help me restore my dear Excel!

regards,
Andreas

0
d99alu (6)

On a keyboard there is a function key called "Scroll Lock" with
accompaning light on/off.  Please make sure that you have it OFF.
--
HTH
Topola, http://vba.blog.onet.pl

0
tpolak (59)
12/15/2005 9:02:17 AM
Thanks!

This was probably the first (and the last) time I used this key ever.
:-)

0
d99alu (6)
12/15/2005 9:05:26 AM
My pleasure!
Don't get discouraged, though!  These are useful options.  Though
driving lessons adepts tend to use first and second gears mostly, this
is not the rule for all the drivers.
Time changes perspectives.
Have a good day!
Topola

0
tpolak (59)

IMF moving mail to Junk Folder
Hi, We are running Exchange 2003 SP1. Clients are running Outlook 2003 SP1 and SP2. We have just installed the Intelligent Message Filter on our SMTP gateway server. All things looked to be going great until I noticed that the Junk Mail Folder starting filling up. When I checked the folder to see what was in there I noticed there were a lot of messages from people that I expect to recieve mail from. Upon further reading I noticed that IMF and Outlook go through a set procedure for filtering Mail, using safe snder lists etc. My Junk E-Mail filter is not setup withing outlook so my saf...

transfering data between sheets
I need a formula that says something to the effect of: IF the value in H=1 THEN transfer said row to sheet 2 IF the value in H=2 THEN transfer said row to sheet 3 etc. I need all the information in the row to transfer, and have no idea how to do it. More info needed but a macro like with sheets("sheet2") lr=.cells(rows.count,1).end(xlup).row+1 rows(range("h1")).copy .cells(lr,1) end with -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Parker Jones" <ParkerJones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:566197...

Sheets Skip Macro
Hello I have a lot of sheets in an excel workbook and a front summary sheet where i have a vlookup formula that i would like to copy across to the right however each column needs to change the formula to pick up the data in the different sheets. Does anyone know a macro that will help me so that each column copied across looks up in the next sheet. Eg. 5 sheets - Daniel, Mark, Byran, Hugh & Paul on the summary page i need it to go =VLOOKUP(ref,Daniel!F2:F17,col,false) then =VLOOKUP(ref,Mark!F2:F17,col,false) then =VLOOKUP(ref,Byran!F2:F17,col,false) then =VLOOKUP(ref,Hugh!F2:F17,c...

Mirror Cells (and Data) in another sheet
As usual when working with this sort of thing i never really know I'm using the right words to describe what I am trying to do, in any event I will try to explain this in a way that everyone can understand. Problem - I'm trying to copy a range of cells (i.e. 5R X 6C) on Sheet 1 and paste them onto Sheet 2, so that when I change data on Sheet 1 - those changes are also reflected on Sheet 2 automatically. I know this is probably an Excel 101 question and not soemething for someone whose been using the thing for over a decade and a half, but I don't seem to be firing on all cylinde...

Help needed to add commets, arrows, etc to existing graph...
I am wanting to add comments and arrows (that look proper) and fill i the area between two lines on a line graph i have created in excel. Ca someone please guide me on how this may be done... I was thinking: i. there may be a way to do it in excel that i am not aware of, ii. there may be another charting program which will draw the chart with all the frills from data exported from excel, iii. there may be another program that allows me to add stuff t already created excel charts, iv. something else. My aim is to export these graphs to word - they will form part of report i am writting. An...

Need Help to create Summary sheet.
Hello: I'm working on Excel2000. In one excel file i have one sheet "MasterData" as show below: ********************************** EMP_CD WORK_DT WORK_HRS ----------------------------------------------------- ASH 8/25/2004 0:00 8 IPH 8/25/2004 0:00 2 IPH 8/25/2004 0:00 2 MAN 8/25/2004 0:00 8 NKH 8/25/2004 0:00 1 NKH 8/25/2004 0:00 2 RXK 8/25/2004 0:00 8 YPG 8/25/2004 0:00 8 NSH 8/25/2004 0:00 8 ASH 8/26/2004 0:00 8 YPG 8/26/2004 0:00 8 IPH 8/26/2004 0:00 8 ********************************** Now, I need to create summary sheet (New Sheet) in same file , whic will show...

Regsitry Key inaccessable in Windows 2003
Hi all, I cannt access a Registry Entry from windows 2003. Works fine with Windows 2000. I am accesing it from a Service in vc++. If i change the service Run as to Administrative Account it works, but fails in local account. No problem at all in Windows 2000. Any Clues??? Thanks and Regards, Abhinav Have you checked if you have the correct permissions to access that key using a local account on the 2003 box? - MR "Abhi" <bhagwatav@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u0cjdDP4EHA.2608@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > I cannt access a Registry Entry from win...

Transition Navigation Keys
Hi, I'm having problems with my TAB Key. I go to Tools-> Options -> Transition Navigation Keys and uncheck it. However, everytime that I open Excel it is checked again. How can I change that once for all? tks check out "customize how Excel Opens" in the help section "drdcarlos@yahoo.com" wrote: > Hi, I'm having problems with my TAB Key. I go to Tools-> Options -> > Transition Navigation Keys and uncheck it. > > However, everytime that I open Excel it is checked again. How can I > change that once for all? > > tks > > ...

Macro to insert to move values of a cell to next cell in the same row
Hello, I would like to know the Macro code for Moving the Values of a cell to next cell based upon values in a particular cell. Ex:- Col A(DATE) Col B(0-30 Days) Col C(30-60days) ColD(60-90day) Jan-05 10 Feb-05 10 Based upon date in Col A i want move the value in col b and c to the next cell.Basically this for aging the items in the work sheet Hi There, Can anyone pls give the code for this query. Pls help ...

Corrupt color scheme registry key
Publisher 2000 ~ When I create a new publication using the wizard, I always get a "color scheme registry key is either missing or corrupt..." error, and am instructed to rerun Setup to reinstall the color scheme registry. Running setup and reinstalling the entire program or allowing the program to detect/repair does not solve the problem. Moving forward with the wizard, I am given the Bluebird scheme or Custom (monochrome) as my only choices. How can I resolve this problem and get the Publisher-provided color schemes back? Have you tried a registry cleaner? You may also fi...

Moving Objects
I have a picture and an object (Line) that I have placed on top of chart area. After I do work on other sheets in the workbook and retur to the sheet with the objects, they sometimes move slightly from where placed them. How can I get them to stay put. I have tried to lock an protect them, but they still move. Not everytime, but often -- icetre ----------------------------------------------------------------------- icetrey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2032 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39320 Hi Ice...

Pivot Table Data Ranges
I just upgraded to excel2000, and am finding out that keyboard shortcuts used in 97 do not exist in 2000. Does anyone know of a KEYBOARD shortcut to modify, expand and or create data ranges in the dialog box for entering the range for the pivot. I have many data 'lists' which are added to each month, and when I want to update the corresponding pivot table, I used to simply hit "shift" + "end" + "down arrow" to automatically go to the last populated cell in the list. In 2000, I either have to enter in the cell addy's manually or use the mouse...

Move messages based on subject
I have an Exchange 2003 mail server running. I also have an e-mail filtering device that sends possible spam messages to the end user with a subject of [LIKELY SPAM]. I would like to setup a ?rule? at the exchange server level that any messages with a subject line of [LIKELY SPAM] be forwarded to the mail administrator. How can I set this up? Thank you in advance for your assistance. Rene On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 11:53:03 -0800, "Rene Ditton" <Rene Ditton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have an Exchange 2003 mail server running. I also have an e-mail filtering &...

synchronized combo boxes moving between records problem
Sorry if this has been answered, I couldn't find the exact problem elsewhere! I'm only a beginner at this but when i select the right ID from the first combo box, i got it to come up with the correct related IDs in the second combo box , like it's meant to! but when I move to the next record (a new one, or the last one, or anything), the second combo box doesn't retain the record. As in, as you scroll through each record, none of the second combo box 'records' are kept, they are all blank until you click on them, then they come up with your choices, UNLESS you ...

Sheet range reference
I have a workbook with a number of sheets, let's say named sheet01, sheet02 ......sheet10. These sheets are of the same structure and are representing some development in time. So now I would like to make a chart (or separate table) the where the X coordinate is the sheet number and the Y some cell on each of the sheets. Is this possible with a simple reference like the ranges within the same chart or do I really have to create a macro or do it by hand? Jens. Each series must reside on a single sheet. You can create a summary sheet which has something like: A1: =Sheet1!A1 A2: ...

COUNTIF across multiple sheets
I have a workbook that has five sheets - September. . . January. I have a range of cells (D6:D17) where I need to count the occurrence of specific text from all sheets . For example: In D6:D17 sheet September has four cells with "fries", two with "malt" and two with "shrimp", the balance of cells in the range are empty. In D6:D17 sheet November has four cells with "malt" and all other range cells are empty On a sheet named Total I want to total the occurrence of "fries", "shrimp" and "malt" on all sheets in the workbook. ...

Sheet protection with unlocked cells
I just upgraded from XP to 2003. I have an XP spreadsheet that is protected except for a number of cells that are open for anyone to enter data in. They use a macro to clean all prior data before they beginn their entery. 1) Why does the macro (when run on my 2003 software) lock all cells? 2) How do I remove data without changing ANY cell properties? Thank you. Hi you may post the existing macro -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Norm wrote: > I just upgraded from XP to 2003. I have an XP spreadsheet > that is protected except for a number of cells that are >...

Moving Public Folders #5
Is there anyway to move the hiearchy in the public folder listing? We have this +Public Folders Pub Folder1 Pub Folder2 Pub Folder3 What we want is this: +Public Folders Organization Name Pub Folder1 Pub Folder2 Pub Folder3 There are over 20K items, so moving them by hand is definatly out of the question. How can we create a new top level folder then place all existing folders under that? ESM only selects one item, and PFDavAdmin doesnt seem like it can do it. Thanks. On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 17:03:27 -0800, Vicnice <Vicnice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:...

Why can't a primary key be duplicated?
Why can't a primary key be duplicated in Access? Because a primary key, by definition, identifies a unique record within a table. If it can be duplicated, then you don't have uniquely identifiable records in your table. -- Ken Snell http://www.accessmvp.com/KDSnell/ "torijoshmom" <torijoshmom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ECB13770-C283-48A0-BC94-8374572F4E4E@microsoft.com... > Why can't a primary key be duplicated in Access? torijoshmom <torijoshmom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Why can't ...

moving IMS to new server
I am in the process of moving my Exchange 5.5 server to new hardware. I'm using the Ed Crowley method. My question is about the Internet Mail Connector. Since we use the IMS for directory replication with other sites, what is the best procedure for moving the IMS and the directory replication connectors to the new server? Does it need to be done all at once or can we do it in stages by having the IMS on both servers for awhile? I want to make sure that I do not have any disruptions in either internet mail or directory replication. Thanks a lot. Kenny "Kenny" <kstern...

Move forms in public folders 5.5 to exchange 2003
Hello all, I recently migrated from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003 using ADC and things were fine. I later deleted ADC and moved Exchange 2003 to native mode. I recently found out that the public folders have not been migrated. I earler used the pfmigrate script in exchange 2003. For some reason it had just created blank folders with no data on it. Now i want to migrate/transfer the public folders content(like forms) from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003 computer. Please help. Best, Karthik ...

Moving email folders/email msgs. from older version to Outlook 200
Moving email folders/email msgs. from Outlook 2000 to 2007 on Windows 7. Need help finding correct files and import/export process. "Greg G" <Greg G@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14C04831-4559-4F9A-9210-7B67575AC3CF@microsoft.com... > Moving email folders/email msgs. from Outlook 2000 to 2007 on Windows 7. > Need help finding correct files and import/export process. How to backup and restore Outlook http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assi...

Copying Specific Values From Sheet
Hi. Is there a way to copy specific rows from 1 sheet to another? For instance I have a workbook containing 4 tabs. These are labeled "raw data", "Sheet A"," Sheet B", and "Sheet C". On the "raw data" sheet there are 3 columns. One of the columns is titled "Project". In there the values are A, B, C or D (and maybe E someday). I would like to say "if the "Project" column contains and "A" copy everything on that row to "sheet A". Basically I want to take all t he information that has a proje...

Inserting rows into sheet that contains a formula
I have a typical financial sheet where the columns sum (sum(a5:a15)) and the rows sum (sum(a5:h5)). The summation columns are locked and the sheet protected. Is there a technique whereby I can have the user insert a row which will keep the formats and row sum as well as changing the formula in the column sums? Thanks. Rick Hi Rick, The following method is not foolproof but generally it works OK. Insert a blank row between the bottom of data to be summed and the row with the sum formulas. Include the blank row in the sum formula. Protect the blank row along with the formulas and what...

how to capture the event changing the name of a sheet
I would like to trigger a procedure whenever a user change the sheet name or add anew sheet. The event of new sheet can be captured but I don't know how to capture the event changing sheet's name. Please help No event is generated when a sheet changes names... What were you needing the event for? Perhaps we can help you get around the problem. -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Satyapal Kaushal" wrote: > I would like to trigger a procedure whenever a user change the sheet name or > add anew sheet. The event of new sheet can be captured but I don't...