approach to excel

Can I transfer a complete database from lotus approach to excel?

Will the dats be safe afterwards

Thanks

Julian

I would expect the data to be as safe in excel as it was in Lotus.

Verify that your conversion to excel worked ok.
(Depending on your version of Lotus, you may have to save it as an excel file
(while in Lotus) or an earlier version of Lotus, so that excel can open it.
(Excel doesn't open .123 files.)

And keep backups.

(I've found the biggest threat to the integrity of my data is me--not the
application!  I can screw up really, really fast.)

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

can i load full version of excel on to a ipaq unit
I wonder, does the IPAQ run the full version of Windows? -- Rob van Gelder - http://www.vangelder.co.nz/excel "ej" <ej@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F43C093-F54A-4610-A8B0-72FF1CCA0B72@microsoft.com... > No. You are limited to Pocket Excel. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "ej" <ej@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F43C093-F54A-4610-A8B0-72FF1CCA0B72@microsoft.com... > Yeah, and that's terrible too.........I also would like a pocke...

Excel in French
Hello, I have a problem with a macro which has been created on Excel in English. When it runs on an English station it's ok. When I launch it on a pc with Excel in French There is an error. Have you any idea about this ? When I just change the language parameters from french to english, the macro is going fine. thanks for any idea Ray Ray, Normally, macros run fine being taken across, but there are some things that you have to watch out for. Dates tend to one area of concern, but to really help you we would need to know what code is erroring out. -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace ...

Password protection of Excel Sheet linked to Bloomberg Data
Hi, I s it possible to password protect the excel sheet having dynamic data download from Bloomberg (Say Interest Rate data). I tried doing so even after stopping the dynamic download, however the protection doesnt work. Any insights? Regards, Rohit ...

Linking Lists and Filters between Worksheets in Excel
Hello, I have two worksheets in this workbook. One worksheet has the names of students that I have, what classses they are in, and their contact information. The second worksheet has the names of the students that I have, the tests they took, and all the answers they gave for each test. A Hypothetical Example: Worksheet 1: Jerry Economics Classroom #104 Jimmy Finance Classroom #104 Natalie Economics Classroom #334 Amy Finance Classroom #104 Worksheet 2: Jerry...

In excel the formula bar behaves differently on different machines
Here is a problem which occurs on one machine and does not appear in another machine, though the machines are identical in all aspects, the make memory, software etc.. and Office 2003 is installed on both the machines. Question - In excel in a cell if there is a formula with references using a function (example sum or average) to four different cells in four different workbooks, then the entire path of the workbook in which the cell is pointing to is displayed in the formula bar, if the referred workbooks are not opened. Now if the refered workbooks are opened, pointing to that cell h...

export report to Excel results in 2 rows of column headers
Here's my issue. I have to export data to excel for uploading to a vendor's system. The vendor required that several of the columns have IDENTICAL headings (don't ask - i know that is stupid), and one of the column headings has to contain a % symbol at the end (also stupid). I can't do this with exporting a query, so I tried using a report. If I make text boxes for the desired duplicate column headings, it works just fine. The problem is that on row 2 of the exported data, the actual column headings from the query are also exported. Can this be avoided? Sample...

make labels in excel
I want to make labels in the following format using Excel. What I did was type the first row number (e.g. Full 0051) and then drag the mouse so that the number will be increasing. But I have to do it in every column, that is tedious work. Anyone knows faster way to do that? Also, how can I change the size of each cell consistency? Full 0001 Full 0051 ... Full 1951 Full 0002 Full 0052 .... ... Fulll 0050 Full 0100... Full 2000 Thanks! I'd use a formula. Put this in A1 and copy down and to the right: ="Full " & TEXT((COLUMN()-1)*50+ROW(),"000...

Excel cell comments
I have a column of cells that each have a comment attached to the cell. Is there a way to take those comments, and keep them attached to the record of data when creating a table in Access? Pieces of record: Name Last Name Height(comments here like 5'3", 5'4", etc.) Thanks, You are right when you say Access doesn't read the Excel comments. I think a macro might be the way to go. GW >-----Original Message----- >I have never tried that, but I would guess that you'd have to program that in Access. I don't think the import functions in Access acknow...

Printing problem in excel
Hello, I have a excel file which is formatted in such a way that 1:1 print matches the physical labels.( We have adjusted the height & width of cells.) Now my problem is when we print this excel from two different machines, prints are different, even though it is printed on same printer. My doubt is that it is related to aspect ratio/ screen resolution. When we print it from a machine with 17" square ( regular ) monitor prints are okay, but when we print is from machines with wide monitors prints are off. Can this happen? or am I missing something. Thanks in Advan...

adding pictures to an excel file that are on a cd
I have an excel file that will be burned to a cd. I need to add a hyperlink (or whatever else will work) to reference and show pictures that are on the same cd. "dogisnuts" <dogisnuts@discussions.microsoft.com>ha scritto nel messaggio 5018F910-9FDF-4988-B874-C814085FD6BB@microsoft.com > I have an excel file that will be burned to a cd. I need to add a > hyperlink (or whatever else will work) to reference and show pictures > that are on the same cd. I think the better solution is: *first* create the link between your Excel file and pictures on your hard drive ...

Linking Excel Objects to Word in Office 2007
I'm hoping there is a solution for this issue I'm having. We recently switched our office to office 2007 and a new problem seems to be appearing that wasn't there before. In our office we have an Excel document that is set up with a bunch of calculations, and we have a word document that is also set up to go with the calculations. In the word document we have copied and pasted all the excel calculations into word as linked excel objects. We have both the documents saved in the same folder which acts our template which we can re-use over and over. So when we start ...

How do I check search for duplicate entries in an Excel spreadshe.
I have over 4,500 serial numbers on an Excel 2002 spreadsheet. How do I quickly check/search for duplicate entries? Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#TaggingDuplicates -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany DC wrote: > I have over 4,500 serial numbers on an Excel 2002 spreadsheet. How > do I quickly check/search for duplicate entries? Do you want to search for duplicates or just get a list of Unique IDs. If the latter then just use Data / Filter / Advanced Filter, Tick copy to another location and tick unique IDs only, select another cell to dump them and ...

Convert xlusrgal.xls to Excel 2007 Chart Templates
I have some users who used the xlusrgal.xls file stored in C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Microsoft\excel to store their own chart templates in Excel 2003. This doesn't seem to work in Excel 2007, and I see they have replaced it by Chart templates (.crtx). These chart templates need to be stored in a 'Charts' folder underneath the regular template path. The issue I have is that we lock down the template path for the firm (both user and shared), but we want to allow users to create their own chart templates by storing them to their profile as ...

In excel can you randomly select lines from another tab to post?
I am looking for a way to randomly select lines from a list of items for work. Is there a way to perform this function in excel? Lets say you have a list of 15 items. =INDEX(A1:A15,RANDBETWEEN(1,15)) Pressing F9 will generate a new random value from your list. Note that RANDBETWEEN requires the Analysis ToolPak add-in. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "qwibble" wrote: > I am looking for a way to randomly select lines from a list of items for > work. Is there a way to perform this function in excel? ...

Reporting services export to excel
We have found that the new reporting services product direct export to excel only works with xp or office 2003. Has anyone gotten this to work with excel 2000? and if so, how? ...

Adding on excel
Excel 2000 Hiya, I have a question for all you brainboxes out there! Im VERY new to excel so please explain clearly or I'll be completley lost!! In the cell A3 I would like to have a "Grand Total". In the cell A2, I would like to enter a number, eg. 400 (this would then appear in A3 as 400), THEN I would like to enter another number, eg. 307 in cell A2. (this wouuld then appear in A3 as 707). I hope that explains it, I find it a bit confusing. Thanks for any help you can offer :) -- @---}-- Laura..... :) Liverpool, England you would need for example A1 307 A2 4...

YAPTQ: Mixed data types in custom groups (Excel 2003) #2
Hello, I'm trying to get the following accomplished in Excel 2003: I have a column in a table that keeps track of how late a form was turned in. It can have an integer (for the number of days it was late) or one of several text strings ("On time," "Cannot determine," "Outside report dates.") I need to be able to generate the totals for: On time or within 7 days late, 8-15 days, More than 15 days Cannot determine Outside report dates It seems like it should be a straightforward thing, where one can specify a range of numbers, or a list of values, but I have...

How do I calculate age from a birthdate in Excel 2002?
I have a list of 3600 birthdates and I need a formula to calulate ages. =DATEDIF(DOB,TODAY(),"Y") for years where DOB is the cell with the birth date see http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.aspx for more info -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Carly" <Carly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27BC7829-F5D3-4E35-B116-089C58027AD5@microsoft.com... >I have a list of 3600 birthdates and I need a formula to calulate ages. ...

can we copy the code from the addin to excel workbook
Is there any code thru which we can copy the code from addin to a excel workbook .. in the addin i have a code written in thisworkbook and have 1 module .. The process requires you to save the macro as a BAS file then read the BAS file into the 2nd workbook. Chip Pearson has good instructions at his website 'Programming In The VBA Editor' (http://www.cpearson.com/excel/vbe.aspx) Read the two bullets at the top of the webpage carefully especially �Next, you need to enable programmatic access to the VBA Project. In Excel 2003 and earlier, go the Tools menu (in Excel, ...

Excel Charting Problem
First timer here so here goes. I have the following rows of data which I think I would like to char as 2 adjacent stacked columns per month. The rows are NetSales(A) Gross-NetSales(A), NetSales(B) and Gross-NetSales(B). I want the NetSales values to be columns adjacent to each other and th Gross-NetSales values to be above their respective NetSales values an I want the 2 columns to be for each month (X-axis). Result would be pair of stacked columns for each month. Aim is to show, for a customer, whether or not sales have changed ove time for each of ranges A & B. Any ideas -- Message po...

Excel will not open..if file clicked
Ok maybe I am missing something simple but this is driving me nuts... 1. I receive an email with an Excel attachment Using Oultlook express and windows XP Office I click on attachamnet and get a pop up saying that the c:?documents/whatever else stuff on the path/ to temp can not be found.. so attachement will not open.. 2. If I save attachment in save as then open My Documents and click on attachement name it will still not open... but I get the excel window open but totally grey and it says ready in bottom left corner.. 3. If I open excel separately and click on open and then the file na...

open gif with picture and fax viewer from Excel
Oneway I use Excel is to create census indexes for genealogical research. I have GIF images of census pages that I want to hyperlink to cells on the index spreadsheets. For example, I have a column for enumeration district. When I click on a row in that column, the GIF image opens. The problem is that the GIF image opens in Internet Explorer, even though the file association is set for Windows Picture and Fax Viewer. Internet Explorer does not provide the magnification so that I can closely examine individual entries on poor images. How can I open GIF images using my preferred pr...

Need Help with Integration Assistant for Excell
I have installed the Integration Assistant for Excel on one of the clients but the toolbar doesn't show up in Excel. I have checked the disable items and nothing is listed. I have also confirmed that the iaxladdin is checked in Tools/Add-Ins but still no joy. Does anyone have any ideas? ...

Strings/suffix's in Excel
Hello I wonder if someone can help, I am not an expert like most of you I have a list of email addresses in Excel eg; column A ------------ ABC.COM QWE.CO.UK RTY.COM AAA.SSS.COM UIY.CO.UK SHGD.AU etc What I would like to do automatically is to move all the ones suffixe with .COM or .CO.UK to another column. I guess a macro is the bes way. Hope someone can enlighten me ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com something like this should move to the next col...

How do you open a word document from inside excel by using hyperl.
When I click a hyperlink in my excel spreadsheet, I would like to auotmatically open up a word document Right click on the cell and select "Hyperlink". Browse to the Word Document and simply select the document. Once the Hyperlink in inserted into the cell, simply click on the cell or the link. "fadkub" wrote: > When I click a hyperlink in my excel spreadsheet, I would like to > auotmatically open up a word document ...