apply same custom header to all sheets in a workbook

Is there a quick way to apply the same custom header to
all sheets in a workbook?
0
anonymous (74722)

Hi!

Not clear what you want.

If it is a header (as in View> Headers and footers) this route wil
give you headers which print out on each sheet.

If it is a heading which is visible on screen for each sheet then:

select the first worksheet you want the heading on:
with the shift key depressed, select he last sheet for the heading.

Now put the heading in the visible sheet (formats, text etc).
This will replicate in the other selected sheets.

Exit by clicking on one of the other worksheets.
BE CAREFUL NOT TO LEAVE THE GROUPING ON.

You can tell when worksheets are grouped for this kind of mass editing
Excel puts [Group] alongside the file name on the top bar of th
screen.

Al

Great, I'll give it a try right now.
Thanks for the tips!

Jon

route will
>give you headers which print out on each sheet.
>
>If it is a heading which is visible on screen for each
sheet then:

>select the first worksheet you want the heading on:
>with the shift key depressed, select he last sheet for
the heading.

>Now put the heading in the visible sheet (formats, text
etc).
>This will replicate in the other selected sheets.
>
>Exit by clicking on one of the other worksheets.
>BE CAREFUL NOT TO LEAVE THE GROUPING ON.
>
>You can tell when worksheets are grouped for this kind of
mass editing:
>Excel puts [Group] alongside the file name on the top bar
of the
>screen.
>
>Alf
>

>---
>
>.

0
anonymous (74722)

CRM 3.0
Hi All, I am writing a custom report for CRM 3.0 to basically copy the My Activities view but display the regarding and To contacts and associated phone numbers. The report is basically done except for a few small issues. I would like to set up the Dynamic Drill-Through so when the person clicks on the Activity Subject it will open the associated Activity record. Unfortunately I have been unable to find the information needed to use in the following code to set the Object Type Code (OTC) to the correct activity type: = Parameters!CRM_URL.Value & "?ID={"&Fields!Activityid...

Trouble applying borders in Excel
Running Excel in Office 2003 on Windows XP Home I have a column with about 20 rows in it. I would like to place a border (black line) at the bottom of each cell. If I drag my mouse over all 20 cells, they highlight. I then go to format>cells>border and select the bottom line option. It applies it to only one of the 20 cells even though all were highlighted. If I click the first cell then Shift-Click the last cell, they all highlight but again using the format>>>> only one cell gets the bottom border. If I click on the first cell, then CTRL-click on each of the other 19...

When hitting reply to a message, no "Bcc:" header field appears

disable unhide sheets on toolbar
Hello is there a way to dis-able the unhide sheets toolbar? TIA, Ditchy Hi Ditchy Protect the workbook (Tools > Protection menu) to prevent hiding, unhiding and renaming of sheets. HTH. Best wishes Harald "ditchy" <ditchy@ncable.net.au> skrev i melding news:1115110468.548181.247220@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hello > is there a way to dis-able the unhide sheets toolbar? > TIA, Ditchy > If you want to take out that control then use Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Controls("Format").Controls("Sheet").Co...

Import/export custom attributes
I have something that is driving me nuts. I need to import a custom attribute for 600 plus users and then also modify these from time to time. Right now I just need to do the bulk import. I have the user names in a spreadsheet with this ID and it is unique to the user. I need to import that into the AD for everyone. I have looked everywhere and can't figure out how to do it. I am USELESS at scripting with VB, and I tried running some csvde queries but not much luck. can someone help?? thanks!! ...

How to record percentage increases in materials costing sheet.
I am trying to do a materials costing sheet where I would like to be able to periodically increast the base cost of the product by different percentages. E.g. Cost of Apples $10.00 but might be increased by 5% then 2.5% and therefore the base cost would keep changing. I know how do first % increase but not how to then use that figure as the base figure for future adjustments. Thanks for amy help. I am very new to this. You could put a % in one cell. Select the cell and give it a name by Insert-->Name-->Define. Call it "increase". Then, in the cell where you put the f...

Default value for custom field?
How can I populate a custom field with a default value? Specifically, I have a custom field "DisplayName" associated with the Quote Detail object. I want initially to populate this field with the value of the product name field when a new product is added to a quote. The user can then edit the DisplayName custom field if desired. The DisplayName custom field will be used as the product name on a Crystal Reports quote form. ...

Range of an Excel Sheet
I want to open a linked Excel Sheet with the appropriate range. The excel filename / range I have is the following: C:\Documents and Settings\aparmar\Desktop\Book1.xslx!Sheet!R1C1:R5C2 I'm opening the following by stripping of the extra information : C:\Documents and Settings\aparmar\Desktop\Book1.xslx How do I select the Range in Excel using !Sheet!R1C1:R5C2 ? thanks, Amrit Command lines to open workbooks do not include specific sheets and ranges. To open to a specific sheet and range selection you must use VBA Name the range then add this code to Thisworkbook module of Book1...

Recipient appears twice in the message header
Hi, I have a user with Outlook 2000 set up as IMAP. She received a few e-mails yesterday where she appears in the recepient(TO) field 2 or 3 times, but the sender has only put her address once. I have checked the header in the raw MSG file and her address only appears once. What could cause this? How do I fix this? Please advise. The user is driving me nuts with this. Thanks, Ed ...

How do I fix a workbook.
I have a workbook with 5 sheets and macros with forms. When I select any one of the worksheets by the tab with the mouse, the cursor goes to a page and the only way I can get Excel to stop is to cancel the task. How do I either fix this workbook or copy all the sheets to another workbook? TIA -- Bill What version of Excel, Bill? Have you tried File-->Open and choose the Repair option? ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "bill" <bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5CBB482-1057-4B14-9277-B5FBAA9D866B@microsoft.com... >I have a workboo...

Custom header numbering
Hi all, I have a question about formatting Header numbering throughout a new document (Word 2007). I'm trying to do the following: Heading 1 1.0 Heading 2 1.1 Heading 2 1.1.0 Heading 3 1.1.1 Heading 3 Heading 1 2.0 Heading 2 2.1 Heading 2 2.1.0 Heading 3 ... So it's an outline numbered / multilevel list, where Heading 1 has no numbering, and Heading 2 restarts numbering after a Heading 1 is used. I haven't been able to figure this one out for myselve. Can anyone help me on this one? Regards, Bert -- Neron Follow the instructions at ...

I cannot paste from one workbook to another. Copy works, paste do.
When I attempt to copy from one workbook and paste into another, copy appears to work but paste does not. The paste menu item is grayed out in the workbook to which I attempt to paste. Are there setting that can be changed to aloow the paste?? Check to see if either workbook and/or worksheet is protected. If so, unprotect. Then Copy/Paste should work. BTW, how are you copy?paste(ing) Tab or content? Dennis "JimmyMc" wrote: > When I attempt to copy from one workbook and paste into another, copy appears > to work but paste does not. The paste menu item is grayed out...

Excel2000: Strange behaviour for one cell in workbook
Hi The situation: There is a Excel workbook used for registering working time in firm departments, created earlier. The worksheets are protected, and I don't have the password, as author isn't working here anymore. The workbook is stored as read-only on network resource, and monthly every department is copying it to local computer and filling the table. The table's body has 2 rows data for every employee with 31 columns for month's dates, and several protected summary columns. For every date, working hours or some code string is entered into according cell. One of codes, and ...

Sheet outline range.
How can I determine in vba the range occupied by a sheet? The edges of the sheet may be "ragged" ie. there will be blank cells within the range and at its edges - I want to determine the overall rectangular occupied outline to use in a Range statement. TIA Chris Depending on what you want, you may want to try .usedrange. msgbox worksheets("Sheet1").usedrange.addresss (for example) Be aware that excel keeps track of the usedrange in a way you probably don't--it remembers the last used cell, even if you've cleared that cell. Debra Dalgleish...

Can i move multiple lines between workbooks
I have a .csv format file listing speed cameras, and the different speeds are identified by two characters at the end of each line - 30, 40, 50 etc. I would like to create separate files for each speed, but Excel won't allow me to cut/copy several lines to created a new file/workbook. Is there any way round this? Martin Ellis Sun, 16 Sep 2007 03:28:00 -0700 from Martin Ellis <MartinEllis@discussions.microsoft.com>: > I have a .csv format file listing speed cameras, and the different speeds are > identified by two characters at the end of each line - 30, 40, 50 etc...

Filter two columns with criterion applying to one or the other?
Hi, I am looking for a solution to the following filtering problem: I have two adjacent columns, so using a filter for both of them is no problem. But what I want to do and don't know how to do is this: I want to filter for values greater than x (a certain number, in my case 5000) in any of the two columns. I can filter both columns for x greater than 5000 but that filters out more than I want because there may be some cells with a value greater than 5000 in only one of the two columns. Is there a solution to this problem (using Excel alone or an add-on)? Peter Hi Peter you can use th...

Table headers in a list box (Custom Report)
I have a big table with many fields (more than fifty). They are not in one table but related. Now user's come with a requirement of a separate type of report everyday which has different fields. because of which i have to design a report for them with the required query. I was therefore wondering can i make a form which has two list boxes the one on left side will have all the fields of the table (only headers needed, not data). Users can select multiple no. of fields from that list box which will appear in another list box. Users should be able to then select the order of fi...

custom report not showing values
I have uploaded a very simple SRS report that includes "out of box fields" and custom fields. When I run the report, instead of my custom field values showing in the report, I get the id of the value. What am I missing? -Melissa ...

Anyone using Customer Service only, for Helpdesk?
Hi, We're pretty much a microsoft shop (all MS servers, Great Plains etc) and were wondering about using MSCRM for the general IT helpdesk - 6 tech staff covering 375 users. Is that a good idea? Too expensive on licences? Too "big" for just that? Just wanted some opinions. Many Thanks, Daniel. I don't think from a help desk standpoint it fits well. At least an internal IT help desk. "Daniel" <dbremner@nospam.nelson-bakewell.com> wrote in message news:ela50rkxDHA.2136@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > We're pretty much a microsoft shop (a...

Sort a 'Protected' sheet
Using Excel 2002, when I try to sort a protected sheet with a macro, I get a dialog box with 'Run time error 1004'. I allowed sorting when I set up the macro. Do I need to 'unprotect' the sheet with the macro and then 'protect' it again after the macro does its sorting? Any suggestions? Thanks, Barney As ALWAYS, post your coding efforts for comments -- Don Guillett Excel MVP SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Barney" <barneypo@no-spambellsouth.net> wrote in message news:srMii.817$yD2.605@bignews1.bellsouth.net... > Using Excel ...

reduce poster to regular sheet
Win 2002/XP Is there a function in Publisher to take a 11 & 17 poster -"shrink" and print out on 8-1/2 X 11 paper ? Thank you Pat Joram pjoram@monroecc.edu What version Publisher??? Some printers have Zoom Smart... Look at your printer options. You can select all, copy, paste special, picture and shrink it that way. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Pat" <pjoram@monroecc.edu> wrote in message news:OMlCDHQvEHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Win 2002/XP > > Is there a function...

Quote-like parent-child mail merge possible on custom entities?
I have a client on CRM Online who needs to be able to print out a form document for a CRM record that includes header information from the record as well as a listing of child records from a one to many child entity. The Report Wizard does not give us nearly enough control to print the document in the required form format. The Quote, Order, and Invoice mail merges in CRM do something very similar to what we are trying to accomplish, so apparently it is possible to get this done in CRM. Does anyone know how to accomplish a new mail merge template in CRM that merges a custom parent rec...

Invisible Excel sheet
Hi Very strange one for you. I have an Excel 2000 sheet. I can open it fine. I pass the same sheet via email and floppy disc to a colleague. When he opens the file, the file apparently opens, but it is totally invisible. When you try to reopen the file (without having closed down the file, because it looks like nothing has been opened, it says that the file is already open. You can navigate around this invisible file (you can see the cell reference change as you move the arrow buttons. We have: Checked that the sheet is not hidden Checked that the window is not hidden. Re-installed Office. ...

Custom toolbar button icons
How do you make & use them? I want more than the ~30 standard icons. Eugene Eugene, You can rt-click on a commandbar, choose "Customize" then rt-click on your button and choose "Edit Image" The icon editor will open, and you can change the icon. The icon will then be stored along with your toolbar settings in your .xlb file. IF you need to share your icon, then other steps need to be taken. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "leaftye - ExcelForums.com" <leaftye@hotmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message news:eV6FkXwgFHA.576@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gb...

Unable to find FrxClient.cfg file, when applying FRx service pack.
When I try to apply a services apck for my FRx client i got this error " Unable to find FrxClient.cfg file. Setup cannot continue if this file is corrupted or not found. Setup will abort now." Please help! ...