Any way to change default FIND options?

When I do a CTRL+F to find information, the OPTIONS always
is set to Look In Formulas.  Is there any way to get is to
default to Look In Values?

thanks.
0
jssherm (1)

One way:

Put this in the ThisWorkbook module of your Personal.xls workbook (or
any other workbook in the XLStart directory):

    Private Sub Workbook_Open()
        Dim result As Range
        Set result = Sheets(1).Cells.Find( _
            What:="", _
            LookIn:=xlValues)
    End Sub

Find options are persistent, whether done in the GUI or in VBA, so doing
a find will set the LookIn value for the next search.

In article <856501c3f7f1$70d03c60$7d02280a@phx.gbl>,
 "joseph" <jssherm@softhome.net> wrote:

> When I do a CTRL+F to find information, the OPTIONS always
> is set to Look In Formulas.  Is there any way to get is to
> default to Look In Values?
>
> thanks.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

changing the xsi:type

Find in Named Range problem (2nd Try)
Hello. I'm using Excel X on a Mac (VBA5?) and attempting to write a macro which names a range of text cells I've selected, then searches the cells in that range and bolds any which contain the ">" character (as text, not as "greater than" in a formula). I'm not using conditional formatting because I also want to get rid of the > characters once the bolding is complete. In stepping through the following, I find that it does name the range and does the finding and bolding in a loop. Unfortunately it doesn't stop at the end of the range, but co...

change menu prompt dynamically
hi, I wanna change the menu prompt dynamically. how can I do that? regards. Monica.L. Hi Monica, What do mean by "menu prompt"? I'm pretty sure that a dozen of guys is ready to help ya, but you gotta be more specific ;-) Peter "monica" <mluchi@soft.fr.com> wrote in message news:1f2301c33ed5$751459d0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > hi, > > I wanna change the menu prompt dynamically. > how can I do that? > > regards. > Monica.L. If you are doing it dynamically, you need to look at CFrameWnd::OnMenuSelect (ie handle WM_MENUSELECT) and WM_SETMESSA...

How do I change the color for cell selection in excel?
I just started using Excel 2007. In the older versions when I select a row, column, or specific group of cells, Excel would highlight the group in a certain color. In Excel 2007, it simply surrounds the selected group of cells with a thick black line. I've tried going into Excel Options under Advanced but couldn't find how to do this. Can you assist me in changing this feature? On Dec 31 2007, 6:52 pm, dminliberty <dminlibe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just started using Excel 2007. In the older versions when I select a row, > column, or specific grou...

Default SOP Error on Sales Transaction Entry
One user gets the "Default SOP Error" on a regular basis. When the user gets this, it spreads to other users and I have a headache on my hands. I have tried creating a new user account for this user. I have uninstalled and reinstalled GP7.5Vg3. I have run checklinks on the sales side (and the entire system). Why is this happening and how on earth do I make it go away? Firing the user is NOT an option. ...

Option to Include/Exclude Account in Budget is Inactive
I want to exclude the income in my retirement accounts from being included in the budget planning and being shown as income in monthly reports. However, tn the account details for both accounts, the option to include in the budget planner is "checked" but is grayed out and in-active; thus I can't uncheck it. How to make active to enable to uncheck? ...

Looking for an Easy way to Achive a Result
Dear All, I've decided to keep track of phone numbers dialed and the phone provider I'm with allows viewing of the bill, but it only displays numbers... So I copied and pasted it into Excel, now I'm looking for a way to automate a column creation so that is checks the number in the number column and puts a name in another column... Is it easy to acheive? Regards Paul. Hi Paul, Check this tutorial: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Kardon Coup�" <prefer.to@readon.newsgroups> wrote in mess...

change cell shading when a number differs from the previous number
I am generally familiar with Excel, but need some help on this particular problem. Is there a way to apply a format where: whenever the number in a column differs from the one previous to it, a cell shading color change is applied. For example, you have a column of numbers in Excel: 2 2 2 5 (cell shading color change applied) 5 5 5 2 (cell shading color change applied) 2 2 3 (cell shading color change applied) etc.... It doesn't matter what color is used, just so that it is applied whenever there is a change from the previous number. There has got to be an easy answer to this.... ...

change field number automatically when printing
We have a form in Excel, it is only one page, but we need a number on the right top corner of the sheet that changes automatically evey time we print the form Is there any way to do this Thank you You could use a Workbook BeforePrint macro that do that, assume the number is in cell G1 Range("G1").Value = Range("G1").Value + 1 like this Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Range("G1").Value = Range("G1").Value + 1 End Sub -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "sponder" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

Find part of text in column or array
Hi. Please need your help for this I have a table that I past from another aplication to a blank worksheet, i this workbook i have a sheet with formulas and i need one to find in that table a field that contains at least a part of text field that i need to find. I appreciate your help. Thanks ...

How can I stop format change when copying data into unlocked cells
How can I stop the format changing when I copy data into an unlocked cell in a format protected worksheet? I need to allow people to both enter data or copy data from another source into cells so I have unlocked these cells but also don't want the format of the cells to be changed. If you enter data directly the format does not change but if you copy and paste data it changes the format. I know you can use "copy paste special values" but would like to know if there is some system way of doing this. Copy/paste this into the sheet module. Right-click on sheet ...

Protect but allow changes
Hi All, I would like to protect a worksheet but allow others to change column width and format numbers. Is that possible and how do I do this? Thank you for your help. Regards It depends on what version of excel you have, when you protect the sheet check allow format cells and format columns if you have this option -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:a2...

Find objects referencing deleted columns
Is there a script or tool that can return all views and stored procedures that reference columns that have been deleted or renamed? SoccerFan@community.nospan (SoccerFancommunitynospan@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > Is there a script or tool that can return all views and stored procedures > that reference columns that have been deleted or renamed? The dependency information in SQL Server is not very reliable, and if you have already dropped the target object/columns, it is even worse. You can do: SELECT 'EXEC sp_refreshview ' + quotename(s.name) + ...

How can I change the default paper size of a blank publication?
Publisher 97/98 asked for a choice to be made re paper size and measurements at setup. This allowed for European A4 to be the paper for the basic blank publication as opposed to US Letter. Is it possible to make this selection with PUblisher 2003. If so how? Do you have these settings available through your printer? If so set it up first, Publisher will follow along. You can change the page measurements to centimeters in Options, found under tools. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Paramount" <Paramoun...

I'm trying to change a clustered column to a stacked column
I click on clustered and the columns don't change to reflect the gradient What do you mean by "to reflect the gradient"? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ _______ "petty" <petty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58AC32B4-0445-4231-8914-6C17784782D8@microsoft.com... >I click on clustered and the columns don't change to reflect the gradient ...

Big Problem for me! Formula to find matched numbers
Hi! I have a named cell -> combo_chk (cell J3) This combo_chk changes because of FOR..NEXT from code but the style i always like this : 4,5,12,40,45 I have 5 columns with values in the rows A B C D E 1 12 40 41 45 5 6 10 11 40 I want to find if the 1 on column A is including in the combo_chk then if the 12 on column B is including in the combo_chk e.t.c. If it is found return '1' otherwise return '0'. Im using the above formula in a code which it passes to the cell "=IF(ISERROR(FIND(C4,ComboChk)),0,1)" But the problem is that it isnt findind the exac...

How do I change the color of the Picture fill Speckles ?
I am making memorial folders and I like the picture fill (Speckles) background option. Can I change the color of the speckles and how? I have tried but I cannot figure this out. Thanks for any help, Laurie On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 17:30:10 +0000, lmp wrote (in article <185807CB-47F2-4C3E-B51D-E972501D49C5@microsoft.com>): > I am making memorial folders and I like the picture fill (Speckles) > background option. Can I change the color of the speckles and how? I have > tried but I cannot figure this out. Thanks for any help, Laurie You have answered your own question. It is a gif...

icon change in the task bar
I run Windows 7 and I have the Outlook program pinned to the task bar at the bottom of the screen. Up to a few days ago the icon for Outlook in the task bar was a yellow envelope. It has now mysteriously changed to what appears to be a generic program icon. How can I make it revert to its original icon. Thank you. You probably had a corruption in your icon cache from Windows. Unpin it and then pin it again from the Outlook shortcut that you can find in the Start Menu. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com...

change source data in multiple charts
Hi I have over 30 charts where I need to change the source data and it's taking ages doing it manually, especially as each chart has 3 or 4 series. Is there an easy way of doing this, please? I've tried find and replace, but that doesn;t work Thanks We need a little more detail. 1. Are you modifying all the charts to use the same new range or does each chart use a different new range? Is the data compact, that is, if you choose the chart wizard and look at the Data Range tab does the Data Range box contain a simple reference like =Sheet1!$B$2:$E$7? Thanks, Shane "Tuxla&...

Pivot Table Error-"Microsoft cannont make changes because there are too many..."
I've encountered the following error when using the pivot table. Microsoft Excel cannot make this change because there are too many row or column items. Drag at least one row or column field off the Pivot Table, or to the page position. Alternatively, right click a field, and then click Hide or Hide Levels on the shortcut menu. In the layout tab of the pivot wizard I tried to select 9 rows, 2 columns, and 3 data. The first excel document that I pivoted had approximately 8800 lines (records) and the pivot table worked. I then tried to do the same layout criteria for another e...

Unable to change password on the next logon to OWA 2003
If I have created a user and place a check mark to change the password on the next logon, then it is not able to logon. If I don't check this option, everything works fine, including the option to change the password. The system is Windows 2003 SP1 + Exchange 2003 SP2 and all hotfixes associated. I have followed the KB 833734, but it did not work as expected. The user try logging on and a page 403 "You are not authorized to view this page" appears. Any Ideas? ...

Finding Multiple Queries
Can anyone tell me an easy way to figure out if queries are present within a particular worksheet. For example I have a very large excel sheet with multiple sets of data within the same sheet. I want to know if any of that data was created via a query and if so how many different queries exist within that sheet. I know that by trial and error if I clcik on a random cell, that happens to be within a query range, I will see the Data/Get External Data/Edit Query option able to be selected. But that is just trial and error. Thanks. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Messag...

Find a value inside a range of cells
Key words: Key word Category Code ACCIDENT 1 ACCOUNT 2 ACCREDITATION 3 ADMISSION 4 AGREEMENT 5 ALARM 6 ANNUAL 7 APPLICATION 8 APPRAISAL 9 ARREST 10 -------------------------------- NMAC DocumentType Category 1.15.3.101 NON-RECORD MATERIALS 1.15.3.102 SUBJECT FILES 1.15.3.103 PRIMARY MISSION RECORDS 1.15.3.104 AGENCY ORGANIZATIONAL CHARTS 1.15.3.105 ADMINISTRATIVE RULES 1.15.3.106 ADMINISTRATIVE FILES (EXECUTIVE LEVELS) 1.15.3.107 ADMINISTRATIVE REFERENCE FILES (NON-EXECUTIVE LEVELS) 1.15.3.108 ADMINISTRATIVE CORRESPONDENCE FILES (EXECUTIVE LEVELS) 1.15.3.109 GENERAL...

Error Message When Executing a View
In Access 2007, when I set up a View to query some fields and then delete some of the fields from the query I get an error message. For example, I set up a View in Access 2007 to return columns X, Y and Z, as shown below: SELECT col_X, col_Y, col_Z FROM dbo.Sales I then successfully executed the query. I then removed columns X and Y from the View so that the query would only return Z as shown below: SELECT col_Z FROM dbo.Sales When I executed the View, I got a Microsoft Access error message that said "Cannot find column 'X'". So, I addedd co...

advanced find for parent customer
I am trying to structure the following as a query in advanced find. A contact may introduce clients to the company. If they do, then the client they introduce has the introducer as it’s parent customer. I want to create a list of contacts who have introduced others who have open opportunities Eg X introduces Y For contact Y, parent customer = X Contact Y also has an open opportunity The query should return X -- Lorraine Quigley ------=_NextPart_0001_66726B61 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <LorraineQuigley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am try...