Any possible ways to shrink Excel files with Macros?

Hi,

When there are macros in a file, does it increase the file size significantly?
If yes, how is it possible for me to reduce the file size without deleting any of my information/macros?

Regards,
Karen
0
anonymous (74722)

I've never thought that macro code increased the size in typical workbooks.  I'd
guess that the amount of data in each worksheet has much more to do with the
size of the workbook.  (Well, except for those workbooks that are mostly code
(addins and the like).)

But one thing that can increase the size of workbooks is when excel sets the
last used cell.  If you hit ctrl-end, do you go to where you think the last used
cell should be?  (Excel remembers what you've used and needs to be reset
explicitly).

If it goes way past where you think it should be, try some of the techniques at
Debra Dalgleish's site:

====
And if you want, you can use Rob Bovey's code cleaner.  It exports your modules
(temporarily) and then reimports them.  This can have some affect on workbook
size.

You can find it at:
http://www.appspro.com/

(but the next time you compile the project or run some of the macros (and then
save the workbook), the size will go up.)

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Excel not Access

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

MS Money 95 data files

Excel 2007

Personal Macro Workbook
I had some macro stored in the personal macro workbook but now I can not find the workbook. When I try to do a new macro and store it in the "Personal Macro Workbook" I get the error message "Personal Macro Workbook in the startup folder must stay open for recording". I click ok and get a message that I'm unable to record. I can record macro to other workbooks. What happened to the personal macro workbook ? Thanks ...

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Opening Excel Workbooks

Where is the workspace file stored?

help with simple maths in excel

cant start outlook pst file to large

Excel Problem

Excel DNS query

keyboard shortcut in addin macro
How do you assign a keyboard shortcut or a custom button to run a macro which is in an addin. These macros dont appear on the macro list Thanks -- Patrick Hi have a look at the OnKey method in the VBA help -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Patrick" <Patrick@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:FBEB937C-C3FC-47BB-8E8A-EE0BBCB14DFB@microsoft.com... > How do you assign a keyboard shortcut or a custom button to run a macro which > is in an addin. > > These macros dont appear on the macro list > > Thanks > -- > Patrick Patr...

Trying to read XML file into dataset

opening .bak file

How do I save a Publisher Document as a JPEG file?
I have multliple scanned photos that posted to a Publisher document and I need to email it. I want to save the document as Jpeg, but it doesn't give me that option even when I choose "Save As". Please help!!! I desperately need to sent this email and it's not working!! Desperately seeking jpeg wrote: > I have multliple scanned photos that posted to a > Publisher document and I need to email it. I want to > save the document as Jpeg, but it doesn't give me that > option even when I choose "Save As". Please help!!! I > desperately need to...

Accessing the same PST file from multiple WinXP Pro IDs
I am running a Windows NT 4.0 network with workstations with Windows XP Pro. One user has Outlook 2000 on his notebook. He has a profile to log on to the machine itself (i.e. not on the Windows NT domain) for when he's "on the road" and one for logging on to the NT network domain to use the printers and network facilities. On my personal notebook I have Office XP and I was able to configure Outlook's data files (Tools -> Options -> Mail Setup -> Data Files) so that I would access the same PST file under both profiles. I cannot figure out how/if this is poss...