Any parts of the word

Hello everyone,

I am trying to build a formula to check cell C:14 for any occurrence
of the word "pepsi" if found put the contents of cell D:14 in cell
H:14. So the formula will go in cell H:14 and I will copy down.

Any help will be appreciated
0
rcd_net (37)

In cell H14 enter    =IF(C14="pepsi",D14,"")
Cell D14 has     =IF(C14="pepsi","Cell C14 has Pepsi in it.","")    in it.
HTH

"RayD" <rcd_net@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am trying to build a formula to check cell C:14 for any occurrence
> of the word "pepsi" if found put the contents of cell D:14 in cell
> H:14. So the formula will go in cell H:14 and I will copy down.
>
> Any help will be appreciated

0
jmay (696)
12/10/2003 12:53:29 AM
Thanks for the reply

Cell C14 has a sentence of 4 or 5 words in it. I am trying to pick-out
the word "pepsi" from the sentence. If found put the contents of cell
D14 in Cell H14. I am probably not explaining this correctly. I will
keep trying though.

If the single word "pepsi" is in C14 then your suggestion works.

On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 19:53:29 -0500, "JMay" <jmay@cox.net> wrote:

>In cell H14 enter    =IF(C14="pepsi",D14,"")
>Cell D14 has     =IF(C14="pepsi","Cell C14 has Pepsi in it.","")    in it.
>HTH
>
>"RayD" <rcd_net@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I am trying to build a formula to check cell C:14 for any occurrence
>> of the word "pepsi" if found put the contents of cell D:14 in cell
>> H:14. So the formula will go in cell H:14 and I will copy down.
>>
>> Any help will be appreciated

0
rcd_net (37)
12/10/2003 1:10:08 AM
=IF(ISERR(SEARCH("pepsi",C14)="#VALUE!"),"",IF(SEARCH("pepsi",C14)>0,D14,"")
)

This should keep H14 blank is C14 is either blank or has text without
"pepsi" in it........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"RayD" <rcd_net@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am trying to build a formula to check cell C:14 for any occurrence
> of the word "pepsi" if found put the contents of cell D:14 in cell
> H:14. So the formula will go in cell H:14 and I will copy down.
>
> Any help will be appreciated

0
croberts (1377)
12/10/2003 1:58:54 AM
Replace D14 with  =COUNTIF(C14:C14,"*pepsi*")  <<< If it yeilds "1" then
True
If D14 yeilds 0, False.   Replace H14 with    =IF(D14=1,C14,"");
Better?

> Thanks for the reply
>
> Cell C14 has a sentence of 4 or 5 words in it. I am trying to pick-out
> the word "pepsi" from the sentence. If found put the contents of cell
> D14 in Cell H14. I am probably not explaining this correctly. I will
> keep trying though.
>
> If the single word "pepsi" is in C14 then your suggestion works.
>

> On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 19:53:29 -0500, "JMay" <jmay@cox.net> wrote:
>
> >In cell H14 enter    =IF(C14="pepsi",D14,"")
> >Cell D14 has     =IF(C14="pepsi","Cell C14 has Pepsi in it.","")    in
it.
> >HTH
> >
> >"RayD" <rcd_net@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> Hello everyone,
> >>
> >> I am trying to build a formula to check cell C:14 for any occurrence
> >> of the word "pepsi" if found put the contents of cell D:14 in cell
> >> H:14. So the formula will go in cell H:14 and I will copy down.
> >>
> >> Any help will be appreciated

0
jmay (696)
12/10/2003 2:01:56 AM
or maybe just........  =IF(ISERR(SEARCH("pepsi",C14)),"",D14)

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"CLR" <croberts@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message

=IF(ISERR(SEARCH("pepsi",C14)="#VALUE!"),"",IF(SEARCH("pepsi",C14)>0,D14,"")
> )
>
> This should keep H14 blank is C14 is either blank or has text without
> "pepsi" in it........
>
> Vaya con Dios,
> Chuck, CABGx3
>

> "RayD" <rcd_net@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > I am trying to build a formula to check cell C:14 for any occurrence
> > of the word "pepsi" if found put the contents of cell D:14 in cell
> > H:14. So the formula will go in cell H:14 and I will copy down.
> >
> > Any help will be appreciated

0
croberts (1377)
12/10/2003 2:17:04 AM
You could try:

=IF(ISERR(SEARCH("pepsi",C14)),"",D14)
--
HTH,

RD

"RayD" <rcd_net@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for the reply
>
> Cell C14 has a sentence of 4 or 5 words in it. I am trying to pick-out
> the word "pepsi" from the sentence. If found put the contents of cell
> D14 in Cell H14. I am probably not explaining this correctly. I will
> keep trying though.
>
> If the single word "pepsi" is in C14 then your suggestion works.
>

> On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 19:53:29 -0500, "JMay" <jmay@cox.net> wrote:
>
> >In cell H14 enter    =IF(C14="pepsi",D14,"")
> >Cell D14 has     =IF(C14="pepsi","Cell C14 has Pepsi in it.","")    in
it.
> >HTH
> >
> >"RayD" <rcd_net@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> Hello everyone,
> >>
> >> I am trying to build a formula to check cell C:14 for any occurrence
> >> of the word "pepsi" if found put the contents of cell D:14 in cell
> >> H:14. So the formula will go in cell H:14 and I will copy down.
> >>
> >> Any help will be appreciated

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
12/10/2003 2:17:58 AM
Hi,

try the "search" function:

in H14, type: =if(iserror(search("pepsi",c14,1)),"",d14)

This formula will leave h14 blank if it doesn't find the
word pepsi. if it does find pepsi. it should copy d14 into
h14.
Hope this works.
Mehmet

wrote:

>>In cell H14 enter    =IF(C14="pepsi",D14,"")
>>Cell D14 has     =IF(C14="pepsi","Cell C14 has Pepsi in
it.","")    in it.
>>HTH
>>
>>"RayD" <rcd_net@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hello everyone,
>>>
>>> I am trying to build a formula to check cell C:14 for
any occurrence
>>> of the word "pepsi" if found put the contents of cell
D:14 in cell
>>> H:14. So the formula will go in cell H:14 and I will
copy down.

>>> Any help will be appreciated
>>

>.

0
anonymous (74722)

Microsoft Word issue
My wife is a public HS teacher. She writes classroom material and exams in Word (Office 2003) and we have encountered a unique problem. She creates a word document of text with photos in the document (Insert / picture / from file)(the file is a .JPG file on her computer). Then she goes to print it on an HP Photosmart printer on my computer, over the network. The document prints .... but the picture is blank. Just white space where it should be, no picture. We found a workaround: Print to Adobe Acrobat PDF file (her computer has full version Acrobat installed). The pho...

Import gif to Word or PowerPoint 2004
After inserting a gif-graphic into a Word or PowerPoint-file, then saving, closing and opening the file again, I get instead of the graphic a black box. Any hints? I use MacOSX.3.4 and I just updated my office to mac-office 2004. In mac-office X I did not have this problems. Thanks Florian ...

Outlook 2003, Word 2007 email editor
Is it possible to use Word 2007 and the email editor in Outlook 2003? I don't think it is, however there may be a download that someone knows about. Thanls, Steve no. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging ...

How do I set a Word doc to always print manual feed?
In Word 2003, you'd go to page setup, paper source. I can't find anything comparable in 2007. I print a lot of labels & letterhead & need this. The dialog is the same - click the arrow bottom right of the Page Setup Group on the Page Layout tab. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>&...

Toolbar Transition Word 2003 to 2007
Dear All, I'm sure this has been dealt with far too often here. I'm finding lots of bits and pieces of information all over the web on the topic, but I'd like to "ask the experts" for advice on best places to start -- and inquire about one thing I have observered so far. We're moving to Office 2007 and I'm charged with managing the transition of our macros -- not that many, but a few and worth preserving -- to the new environment. In Word 2003, we have about a half dozen toolbars, each with between 4 and 8 macros. I'm looking for the sle...

Inserting Photos into Excel and linking to Word.
I need to be able to upload a digital photograph to a single MS Excel worksheet and then link that photograph into a MS Word document from the Excel workbook (photo needs to be visible in both Excel and Word). The photos should all appear the same physical size when they are place into the Excel worksheet and they should appear the same physical size on the linked Word document. Can anyone describe the steps I should use to accomplish this or recommend a possible alternative? ...

Format page number in Words Document
Hi, Appreciate if you can help me here. I am trying to number my pages in my document a bit differently using the header and footer but I can't seem to get around doing it. Normally the page numbers will run concurrently in the header or footer as in page 1,2,3,4...etc But what intend to do is add page 5 (a) after page 5 and before page 6. However when I do that under the header or footer page 5 becomes page 5 (a) How do I format this under the header or footer? Thanks You will need to use the following field construction { IF { PAGE } > 5 { IF { PAGE } &...

How to sort in Excel with headers link to all body parts
I have a table that have subheaders and each subheader with rows of items below them. I wanted to sort all subitems from all subheaders according to value (in one column); and have each subitem link to the subheader as label for that particular item. I guess what I need to do is link a cluster of items to it subheader; so when I sort each item will include the subheader as label to show what subheader it came from. ...

Outlook takes long time in new message with word 2003 as editor
Good Day Urgently need help in troubleshooting a problem which is spread among many clients in which Outlook takes long time when you create or reply first message after starting outlook , our clients are windows XP with SP3 and the Microsoft office is office 2003 with SP3 , My machine suffers from this error although i have patched it to the latest updates from Microsoft update , I have Mcafee Viruscan Enterprise 8.5.0i and i have disabled access protection when outlook startes but it did not solve the problem Apprecite quick advice and any troubleshooting tips Ahmedg You mentioned e...

Importing List from Excel to Word printing labels spacing problems
When I import my mailing list from Excel to Word to print mailing labels (30 per page) my labels have large spaces between the lines. For example they look like this: John Doe P.O. Box 000 City, State, Zip And then if I have a business name before John Doe it gets cut off. Is there a way to decrease the space between the lines so it fits better? I have figured out how to do one at a time, but we have 4,000 of these to print! I would like it to look like: John Doe P.O. Box 000 City, State, Zip Thanks for any help! Sounds like a question for a Word newsgroup, not...

Menu in Word behaving oddly; items (like the entire contents of the Tools menu) disappearing...
Hey, I'd be oh-so-grateful if anyone has any idea how I could address this problem. I'm quite mystified. I'm running MS Word for X on my Mac (OS 10.4.3), and lately some odd things have begun happening. At first I was just working around them, but I've decided live my computer life too much that way (ignoring problems and hoping they go away), so thought I should look into this before it gets out of control. Items have been disappearing from the Word menu bar. That is, for instance, after I had used the "Symbols" option under the "Insert" menu one day, it di...

Word 2004 Filenames as autotext
I frequently place file names in footers using AutoText. Suddenly Word is adding "FILENAME" before my file name. There are also a grayed-out box before and after the text. So "file.doc" is now "FILENANE file.doc." How do I get Word to just add the file name without "FILENAME" and these boxes? I've been using Word since it was first introduced. Sometimes I think that this program has just become far too cumbersome. Thanks for your help. E. Volchok In article <1180564378.495744.312060@h2g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>, edvolchok@nyc.rr.com wrot...

Word: The document 'Filename' caused a serious error the last time ...
Upon opening some previously created Word 2003 documents, users on our network are receiving the message: The document 'Filename' caused a serious error the last time it was opened. Would you like to continue opening it? At which point the document can not be opened and the user is presented with the option to pull available unformatted text from the <ocument. ... or ... Word stops responding completely and you have to end-task on Word. Searching Microsoft will tell that you can remove the documents in question from the disabled list in Word. Indeed you can, but thi...

How Do I Copy A List Of Filenames Into A Word Document?
I have a list of filenames in a directory and I wish to copy and paste the names of the files only into a WORD document. How do I go about this task? See the freeware Printfolders utility that you can download from my web site. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> &q...

Merging Protected word documents.
I have 3 Protected word documents that I would like to have in 1 document. I cannot get them to keep their individual spacing ad margins when I import the documents. How can I do this? ...

Colour part of a line on an X Y graph
I have an XY graph which connects the series with a line. Lets say the series runs left to right on the chart creating a straight horizontal line. Is it possible to have multiple colours on that line? That is, I want to colour certain portion of the line a certain colour and other portion another colour. Is this possible Hi, You can format the line between points by selecting the series and then selecting the specific line segment. Use CTRL+1 to bring up the format dialog. Note that formatting the line segment will affect the legend so you might be better off plotting additional d...

How do i post a 200-300 assignment as a word checkpoint
My instructor wants us to send a assignment in a 200-300 word checkpoint how do i post as a checkpoint should i just use microsoft words as the checkpoint? "cap5869" <cap5869@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6F749AE-E914-4A0E-B720-B9FD90E37C72@microsoft.com... > My instructor wants us to send a assignment in a 200-300 word checkpoint > how > do i post as a checkpoint should i just use microsoft words as the > checkpoint? Either you've misunderstood, or your instructor needs to clarify what a "checkpoint" is. No such thing in an...

Office 2004
When I try to launch finder to open a saved document in word 2004, excel 2004 or powerpoint 2004, Finder takes a ling time to launch. Any ideas why this is happening? Powerbook G4 1GB RAM Office 2004 20GB HDD Free ________________ Chetan Ullal Hi Chetan, You mean the File | Open dialog takes a long time to come up? (I'm not sure whether Open/Save dialogs are actually the Finder) Or are you actually switching over to the Finder, and it takes a long time to let you do anything? Do you have an iDisk from .mac, by any chance? I think iDisk has been connected to slow Open/Save dialogs....

Create Labels in Word
I am having difficulty creating labels using the mail merge wizard in word. I followed the directions exactly and it does not show my labels after I create them. ...

Display a Popup menu from a Popup
Last week, I posted a question and got a nice reply and answer about the ability to display a popup menu when right clicking on a menu option. I was able to apply the changes to my code and everything is working properly now. Now, when I display the main menu from the frame, and then right click on a menu option, I'm displaying a popup menu and everything is good. Here is the link to the previous discussion: http://groups.google.ca/group/microsoft.public.vc.mfc/browse_thread/thread/d46b06498d39409c/f731ad977203af00#f731ad977203af00 However, I would like to expand this to the rest of our ...

Problem with email mail merge
Is there a problem using word 2002 and outlook 2003 when using the email mail merge funtion. When i execute the mail merge no outgoing emails are generated? Any ideas? // Mats ...

$500 A Day
$500 A Day - Your Work From Your Home Part Time! -Your job will consist mostly of sending and receiving emails. You will also be filling in short forms on the internet. For every email that is successfully processed you will earn $15 to $25 depending on the email. http://tinyurl.com/dhwqvt ...

how do I set up header words at an angle?
I have 10 items I want to use on the header line. Then on left column I want to use names. Then be able to check off the items as they are done for the client. Since the items are 10-20 characters, it will be easier to read at an angle. Thanks for help! Word 2007 or earlier can't do this (although Word 2010 will be able to). Instead, make your table in Excel, which can angle the headers, and then copy/paste it into Word. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup ...

How do i change a digit into word i,e 1 = one
Hello! It is Hari Krishna, RAIPUR when ever i using the Excel it is probleamitic for me do a single work two times, first i write a digit then in words like 100 then in words like one hundred so, i want to minimise my work. pls help There is no direct functions to convert this. For a VBA solution check out the below links http://support.microsoft.com/kb/213360 http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/ValueToWords.htm http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- Jacob "HARI KRISHNA" wrote: > Hello! > > It is Hari Krishna, RAIPUR when ever i using t...

Word 2007 is not responding
I can open microsoft word but once I take my curser to anything it 'says not responding'. I cannot maximize the document; it will not let me open exisiting documents - basically I cannot do anything (but open it). Everything else in my mircosoft suite is working fine - just not word. I have already tried to do a system refresh (or what ever it is called) and still it is not working. I am starting to loose my mind and would really like to be able to use Word - as I am a grad student who really needs to be able to write in word. Sincerely, Very desparate Microsoft Wo...