Another question regarding Dates..

First, thanks to the replies to my previous post.

How can I work out the day & month when I only know the Year and Day Number?

Ie

Year = 2004
day number = 302

The answer I'm looking for is 28/10/2004

Again, taking into consideration the leap years

Thanks again in advance

=DATE(2004,1,302)

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Anthony Slater" wrote:

> First, thanks to the replies to my previous post.
>
> How can I work out the day & month when I only know the Year and Day Number?
>
> Ie
>
> Year = 2004
> day number = 302
>
> The answer I'm looking for is 28/10/2004
>
> Again, taking into consideration the leap years
>
> Thanks again in advance
0
PeoSjoblom (789)
12/20/2004 3:09:04 PM
Thanks, it worked a treat...

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

> =DATE(2004,1,302)
>

> Regards,
>
> Peo Sjoblom
>
> "Anthony Slater" wrote:
>
> > First, thanks to the replies to my previous post.
> >
> > How can I work out the day & month when I only know the Year and Day Number?
> >
> > Ie
> >
> > Year = 2004
> > day number = 302
> >
> > The answer I'm looking for is 28/10/2004
> >
> > Again, taking into consideration the leap years
> >
> > Thanks again in advance

How to update one form when closing another ?
I have two forms open. frmPeople has the Focus frmAccount does not. frmAccount has subFormPeopleList I add a new person to frmPeople (which is linked to frmAccount) Question 1: When I close frmPeople I want to update frmAccount so the new person shows in subFormPeopleList Quetion 2: But I'm also wondering if I add code to the "close event" for frmPeople to update frmAccount What will this do if frmAccount is not open? Will it add the person twice? I'm guessing not as updating a form doesn't really add data to the table... right? Thanks for any help. Mel Thanks...

Please help
I hope someone can help me out with this because it is creating a very big hassle for me. In the old 2000 version of Excel, it is possible to paste results directly from a Query Analyzer table (or any other table for that matter) into the spreadsheet. It would match the data cell for cell. However in 2003, it seems to paste the an entire multicolumn table of results to single column. Does anyone know how to fix this? Is it a setting or something in 2003? Any help at all is appreciated. Thanks, Joe Joe No setting as such that I know of. Don't have analyser installed but tried ...

I'm a SQL Server newbie...need help with dates
I'm using SQL 2005 Dates in Access stored as date. Imported in SQL Server using import wizard. Goes into table as 8/6/2009 12:00:00 AM my query: sum(case when transaction_date between '08/01/09' and '08/31/09' then hours else 0 end) ap2, --i get 200 which is correct sum(case when transaction_date between '07/01/09' and '09/30/09' then hours else 0 end) apQ1, --i get 200 which is correct sum(case when transaction_date between '07/01/09' and '07/30/10' then hours else 0 end) total --I get 0 why am i getting 0? thank...

Invalid Dates in Headers cause problems with Outlook 2003
Dear All: Is anyone having problems with invalid dates in headers with Outlook 2003? I recently started receiving e-mail (most of it is spam) with an invalid date in the header. When that happens, *all* Outlook tasks cease working and they are listed as Not responding in the Task Manager. To resolve this issue I log on to my mail server, which is using Horde. I then delete and purge all e-mail which has an invalid date. I then restart Outlook and it works until it receives another e-mail with an invalid date. Thank you. :-) Sincerely, Jeff V. Pulver ...

activate question
How do I make a pop up window that does not take activation away from the app? (Like a menu.) Hi, Thanks for your post. I'd like to share the following information with you: 1. A pop-up window is a special type of overlapped window used for dialog boxes, message boxes, and other temporary windows that appear outside an application's main window. When it will be displayed at the top of the window Z-Order. The Z-Order of a window indicates the window's position in a stack of overlapping windows. The window at the top of the z-order overlaps all other windows. The window at ...

How Can I Prevent Data Entry In Same Category on the Same Date?
Hello... I hope that someone can help me. I have a worksheet for which I randomly enter scores for students in several categories throughout the day. Column Headings: Date StudentName Category1 Category2 Category3, etc. I would like for Excel to display a warning message if I attempt to enter a score in the SAME category on the SAME day. Does anyone know how I may do something like this? Thanks!!! Jessi Jessi, Select the Category1 cells, C2:C10 in this example. The dates are in A2:A10. The following presumes C2 is the active (white) cell of your selection. In Data - Valida...

Subquery Question
Good day, I am having a problem with a subquery and was wondering if there is a better way to get the result needed. I have a table with customers and need to exclude some of them based on a listing in a query that I created. The query that I am trying to run is: Select customer From tablename Where customer not in (Select customer from queryname) The db times out when I run the query! The total number of records in table (a) is 13135 and only (15) in the subquery (15). Thank you in advance for the help provided. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/F...

Another application trying to access Address book!
Whe I go to send a new mesage in Outlook (XP w/all the latest patches and service packs) a notification screen comes up and says that anther application is trying to access my address book. It gives me the option to stop or allow for various amounts of time. I have a current version of Anti virus on my PC and it come back clean when I do a scan. This seem to start after I installed Adobe Acrobat. Soes anybody have any info on this. Or is there a way to find out what application is trying to access the address book. Do you have Word as the default email editor in Outlook? If so you ca...

Check date does not G/L posting date
Is there a control in the A/P module to prevent the check date from being different than the General Ledger date? Use batch level posting dates. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Jack Cieniewicz" wrote: > Is there a control in the A/P module to prevent the check date from being > different than the General Ledger date? No because there are times you need the check date to be different -- ie manual checks being entered after the fact. "Jack Cieniewicz" <Jack Cieniewicz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D0ECC3F-840E-46D2-AB7B-13DA652CDA0A@microso...

SFO Client to point to another server
Hello, I am running a pilot project with core users using SFO client in their laptops. However, when we eventually go live on the production server, how do i get these SFO clients to read from the new server? What happens to the data that is already present in the SFO Client? Do I have to uninstall and reinstall the SFO clients, if so, any specific procedure to do this? Kindly advise. Hi M.Babu, there will be a way. Uninstall and reinstall SFO - be sure, that the Client, where you uninstall SFO is online and the old SRM server exists. - install, Update or change to your production...

newbie question IF OR BUT??? #2
thanks - got i -- grilla7 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- grilla79's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1478 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26404 ...

Calculate to another cell as default value
Hi. Given the following: A B C 1 5 9 __ 2 8 10 __ I'd like for the user to enter values in A and B and have Excel display B minus A in C as a DEFAULT value. That is, for row 1, once the user enters 9 in B, I want to display 4 in C but give the user the option to override the calculation. A formula in C won't work because the user would delete the formula if he overrides it. Thanx. I don't Why not use an extra column (C) and have this formula in D: =IF(C1="",B1-A1,C1) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "...

Chart to show response to a question. One of answer 15 choices.
I know this will be simple but I can't figure it out. On a number of given dates I ask how happy people are and get a number of responses between 1 and 15. I then need to plot the number of occurences of those individual respones i.e. two people were 2, three people were 7 etc. I guess it might be a simple X/Y but I just cannot fathom it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Nick. Hi, You need to create a summary table of possible responses and tally. Assuming responses are in A1:A15 in B1:B5 are the value 1 to 5, which are the available responses. ...

Regarding Limit in Bcc for receipients
Hi Good Morning all, Is there any option in Exchange 2003 Enterprise edition in which a limit can be definied as to how many receipients can be added in Bcc cloumn while sending a mail through Microsoft Outloook Exchange client.As i am having trouble wherby if a user sends a mail to more that 5 users in Bcc cloloumn it is treated as spam. Thanks in advance, Ramanpreet Likely it is treated as such by something other than Exchange. Disable Intelligent Message Filter (if you have one installed) and see if your problem continues. If it continues then it is not Exchange. Ramanpreet wrote: ...

fixed asset date vs. GL date
Hello: I realize that the GL Posting date in the GL interface is the date of posting to the GL for asset additions. What date updates the fixed assets subledger, however, for fixed asset additions? Specifically, what I'm getting at has to do with importing fixed assets. In order to update fixed assets for fixed asset additions and to have the date of posting to fixed assets to be the end of the month, should I change the Great Plains user date to 01/31/06 when I conduct the import of the new assets? Or, does it even matter about the date of posting to the fixed assets subledger...

Matching Dates
Ok guys fairly complicated one here... I have a single table with 20,000 transactions within it. Each transaction has a date attached to it. I have another table which contains 3 fields, a StartDate, a FinishDate and a WeekNumber. i.e.: startdate finishdate weeknumber 01/01/2007 08/01/2007 1 What I need to be able to do is take each transactions from the transactions table and link it to this calendar table to get the weeknumber of when each transaction occured. How on earth can I produce this? Many thanks. Ash. hi, ashg657 wrote: > Ok ...

Calculation Question.
Hi all. I have two columns as follows: Time In: (format is Date/Time) Time Out: (format is Date/Time) I have a third column that I simply want to have a calculated total of: Time Out - Time In And display as a number value. When I do so with this example: Col1 Col2 10:30 AM - 3:45 PM I get: 0.22 as a result. Can anyone help (I've tried On Line Help), but just can't figure it out. Thanks ps: If I'm in the wrong NG, please let me know. Time out - Time in = 0.22 Multiply the 0.22 by 24 to get 5.25 hours The 0.22 is a fractional part of a day. A day is 1.......

date and time in 2 cells to create subtraction in 3rd
I have 2 cells that are in the format line of A1: 27/06/2006 9:42:00 pm B1: 7/06/2006 9:52:05 pm Want third column C1: 00:10 I wish to subtract the two cells to get the difference in time i.e 10:00 (only interested in nearest minute) Then a average at the end of the column of the the times in this 3rd column as a result of the difference between the 2 times. How would I do this? I could do it if it was just numbers but once it is in this time/dtae format I am completely lost! Thanks MIke Hi Mike, =MOD(B1,1)-MOD(A1,1) Format as Time You can use the AVERAGE function on the ...

How do I add the file last modified date into an Excel header?
It is easy to show the date a document was last modified in MS-Word by inserting the field: savedate into the footer. A very common requirement. But there does not appear to be any way, or at least no easy way to do this in Excel. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! They still haven't added this. Excel forces you to put in the current date. YUK! Why would I want that in my print out? I want to know when it was last modified, not when I printed it. ARG!!! From an earlier posting Hi use the following UDF: Function DocProps(prop As String) application.volatile On Error GoTo err_value ...

SQL: Summing By Date Continuously?
Two tables: tblPaymentAccrualDaily SecID PayDate PayAmount 003 01/01/2007 123.97 004 01/01/2007 4250.63 003 01/02/2007 123.43 003 01/03 2007 120.45 003 01/04/2007 119.20 003 01/05/2007 130.44 ...and so on for each and every day tblPaymentSchedule SecID PayDate 003 01/03/2007 003 02/03/2007 003 03/05/2007 003 04/03/2007 What I want to do is present, for a given SecID, the total daily accruals from tblPaymentSchedule.PayDate to the next (actually, the day after one PayDate to the next...

Help Exporting DATE values
I have a table that has 5000 dates in the "date" column. I need the date exported to a comma delimited file in this format... March 10, 2007 But the date is exported like this in the text file... 3/10/2007 0:00:00 How can I fix this? By the way, changing the format of the date field in the design view of the table doesn't seem to fix this. Help! Thanks Hi Sincity Write a query making the date field as follows dateexport: Format([date],"mmmm d"", ""yyyy") then export the query Regards Ian B "SinCity" wrote: > I have a ...

Listing 'last used' date
Hi folks. We have literally hundreds of databases and my boss wants me to try and produce a listing where we can idenatify the tables etc., and link a 'last used' date, in order to delete those that are no longer used. Has anyone any ideas about how to go about this? Mike MacKinnon wrote: > Hi folks. We have literally hundreds of databases and my boss wants > me to try and produce a listing where we can idenatify the tables > etc., and link a 'last used' date, in order to delete those that are > no longer used. > > Has anyone any ideas about how to go abou...

Excel for dummies
I have the following two arrays A B 0.656762726 0.502636772 0.607062936 0.358819486 0.176421847 0.177496945 0.850282971 0.408820642 0.840389619 0.238850111 0.677780042 0.95826463 0.689123518 0.32826283 0.09339563 0.080583459 0.449812814 0.62147784 The covariance is 0.025759373 and the standard deviations are a: 0.269721719, b: 0.263401137. I would expect the correlation to be Cov(a,b) / (Stdev(a) * Stdev(b)) = 0.362578234 However, Excel calculates the correlation as 0.407900513. Please educate me. Thanks, Schiz Note that 0.407900513/0.362578234 = 1.125 And 9/8 = 1.125 Now look at the...

Sent Mail Dates Replaced with word NONE
I am using Outlook 97 on a W2k machine. I have suddenly developed a problem in the Sent Items folder. Several weeks back the sent date changed from the usual date to the word NONE. The other folders seem to be OK. What and where can I check settings to look for the root cause of this? TIA, Carl -- Wishing you a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR!! May it far exceed your expectations. ...

Remove time from date upon export to csv
I cannot remove the time from the date when exporting invoice data to a csv file. I have followed previous advice and created a query based on my tblInvoices table, in which I have formatted the InvDate field in the Design Grid as follows: Date: Format([tblInvoices.InvDate], "dd/mm/yyyy") (UK format) In the Query, this is fine - just the date, no time shown. I saved an export spec in the Advanced bit of the File/Export wizard. But in the resulting csv, there are six zeroes representing the time! However if I do a manual export by following exactly the same process bu...