ALT + ENTER #2

 I cant seem to figure out what pressing both ALT + ENTER does. I am working on a spreadsheet, and Im supposed to click on a cell and put my cursor before a certain word in the cell, and press ALT + ENTER. I know its supposed to show only the word after the cursor, but its not doing that...it does nothing at all. Help!

It will insert a carriage return, so if you have xxxxx xxxx and you put the
cursor between the 2 strings and do alt + enter
it will change to

xxxxx
xxxx

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Heather" <heather.l.nelson@sfcc.edu> wrote in message
> I cant seem to figure out what pressing both ALT + ENTER does. I am
working on a spreadsheet, and Im supposed to click on a cell and put my
cursor before a certain word in the cell, and press ALT + ENTER. I know its
supposed to show only the word after the cursor, but its not doing that...it
does nothing at all. Help!

0
terre08 (1112)
11/24/2003 5:46:15 PM
Why is it not doing anything at all?
0
anonymous (74722)
11/24/2003 5:56:07 PM
I just got it to work, but I had to re-write the words that were in the cell. Is that normal?
0
anonymous (74722)
11/24/2003 6:06:11 PM
Are you holding the Alt key and hitting enter.

(What did you do?  What do you see when you're done?)

Heather wrote:

> Why is it not doing anything at all?

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

But glad you got it working.

Heather wrote:

>  Yes. I got it to work. I just had to retype the words in the cell in order to place the cursor before the letter of the second word. Thanks for everyones help!!!!

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)
11/24/2003 7:12:48 PM
To put the cursor between the words, you can click in the formula bar,
at the top of the worksheet, or double-click on the cell, or select the
cell, and press the F2 key.

Heather wrote:
>  Yes. I got it to work. I just had to retype the words in the cell in order to place the cursor before the letter of the second word. Thanks for everyones help!!!!

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
11/24/2003 7:18:48 PM
> Yes. I got it to work. I just had to retype the words...

As Dave says, you shouldn't have to. However, over several PCs I've used in
the past, sometimes it would work sometimes not. Never figured out why.

Rgds,
Andy

0
andy.j.brown (443)

Forwarding Mail #2
How do you setup mail forwarding from an exchange email address to a non exchange email address? You don't say what version of Exchange, but here's an article covering Exchange 200x: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF015.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "David Lovell" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9BAF8FCB-029A-4DCA-BDEB-F96D6547BFE8@microsoft.com... > How do you setup mail forwarding from an exchange email address to a non exchange email address? ...

How do I transfer a sum of 2 values on my form, to my table?
=Sum([Commission])+([Salary]) - This formula on my access form works, but it does not feed the result to my table. Its great that I can see the result of, commission + Salary, but I want to feed this done to the table, so that I can later run queries/reports. How do I do this? I hope that have explained the problem! Thanks, Dave Hi Dave, With very few exceptions, you should NOT be storing calculated data in your tables: it's a waste of space, it's slow (disc access time to retrieve records is much longer than calculation time), and worst, it's likely to lead to inconsis...

LDAP time out error #2
All our pc's have suddenly started giving the error " Search request to the LDAP directory server has timed out (85)". This happens whenever we put in a partial address and use the directory to find the correct (internal) address. This is using an Inty e-mail server/firewall box connected to a win 2000 network, with XP pro clients and office 2002. When I connect a pc to the inty box directly (ie straight into its network card) it's fine, it's only when I go via the network it hangs. There is no excessive network traffic, so are there any setings on the servers...

XP Service Pack 2
Hi I have had trouble with my PC and ran the windows xp repair. All went well until it tried to update to XP Service Pack 2. It gets as far as "Creating Cabinets" "Details - Running process before install" The blue bar only moves about an eighth and stops. Any idea whats causing this problem please? ...

Junk Senders List #2
Does anyone know how to export the "Junk Senders List" in the rules wizard? I have tons of e-mail addresses I dont' want to receive e- mail from, but I want to take this list to another computer. Thanks. Ty Someone already answered this for me - please disregard. Thanks. Ty >-----Original Message----- >Does anyone know how to export the "Junk Senders List" in >the rules wizard? > >I have tons of e-mail addresses I dont' want to receive e- >mail from, but I want to take this list to another >computer. > >Thanks. > >Ty &g...

Comparing 2 Lists
Hi I have two lists, one is shorter than the other. I need to make a third list that contains only items that are in both lists. Let's say that column A is my short list (about 2,000 entries), column B is my long list (about 20,000 entries), and I'm going to make column C a list only of items that are in both lists. I don't even know where to start. Any ideas Also, the entries in column A may change depending on user input, so of course the new column C needs to reflect the change as well. Column B can also change, but usually doesn't Thanks in advance Scott Hi Scott as a...

How to delete dead email addresses in bulk #2
I have a client that uses an outside company to send bulk email. That company gave my client a list of dead email addresses in their CRM 4.0 database. Is there a bulk way to take that list of bad email addresses, locate the accounts they are associated with, and then remove those bad emails from their respective accounts in one fail swoop? Or do I have to touch each account? ...

Exchange 2003 same email addy 2 different contacts
We have two different contacts in Exchange that need to use the same SMTP email address is this possible? If so how? Thank you Absolutely. create a Distribution List and add the two users. "marka2k" <marka_2k@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Kaydneptr7KfN17YnZ2dnUVZ_oOonZ2d@giganews.com... > We have two different contacts in Exchange that need to use the same SMTP > email address is this possible? > > If so how? > > Thank you > > But that will only use them in some ways. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and ...

�������� �������� � E-gold 2.5% �����
http://forex-inside.com/?ref=2851993 �������� �������� � E-gold 2.5% ����� ��� ��� ������ � 25.02.2006 Principal 110.00 US$ Profit 0.42 US$ Daily Interest 2.5 % Daily Profit 2.7 US$ Daily Referral Interest 0.5 % Daily Referrals Profit ��� US$ Total Daily Profit 2.7 US$ Total referral commission earned ��� US$ Total principals commission earned 140.2 US$ Summary earnings 140.2 US$ Total amount withdrawn 136.0 US$ Total deposit from profit ��� US$ ...

Activation Number #2
-----Original Message----- From: "Tom Whalen" Sent: 11/1/2003 4:27:05 PM Subject: Activation Number I recently downloaded Money 2004 and installed it with no problems. I've just installed a new hard drive and for some reason I lost the downloaded file. Someone told me that I could re-download the software for up to 5 times. Can someone email me and let me know the address for the download. thanks, Tom Whalen .. ...

Best way to share .pst file between 2 computers?
Hi there, We have a small office with 2 computers. Only one has had Internet access as we had to keep one machine stand-alone to run a custom application that was rendered inoperable as soon as the PC was networked. We no longer have a need to run this custom application and it would make good sense to network the two XP machines together to share resources, printers etc. We plan to connect the second machine to the existing switch/ADLS router that connects the first machine to the Internet. When this is done we would like to set up Outlook so both machines can send/receive mail - current...

Outlook 2003 & WinXP SP2 require 2 or 3 domain logons
Subject: Domain logon required 2nd time when I try to view mail in Outlook2003/WinXP-SP2 WinXP SP2 did not fix the following problem: I am prompted for domain user name and password a second and sometimes a third time even though I had logged on to the SBS domain. This happens when I try to get my e-mail messages with my client's Outlook 2003 / WinXP SP2 System where these messages are stored on SBS Exchange. This dows NOT happen with my WinXP or WinXP SP2 / Outlook 2000 client systems Knowledge Base Article #820863 did not provide a fix for my computer. I am currently...

IF two different conditions are met #2
How do I enter a formula where two different conditions have to be met? I have specific numbers in column A and names in column B and a numbe in column C. I want the formula to state if column A has a specifie number and column B has a specified name and both conditions are me then return number from column C otherwise return 0. HELP -- Anna ----------------------------------------------------------------------- AnnaV's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=961 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27065 =if(a1=#,if(b1=...

static numbers vs formulas #2
Hi Frank, Thanks for your help. My only question is why would I want to do this I could just as easily enter in my formula to get my answer - the format the answer to a number so it wouldnt change from month t month? I guess I just dont see the benefit of this functionality. What am I missing? Thanks, Monic -- mlk7 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mlk72's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1631 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27704 Whether your formula result "chang...

xsd to xml #2
Hi Given an xsd,Could it be possible through some .Net api to generate an xm with mock up data as say xml spy does Regards Ash Hart Ash Hart wrote: > Given an xsd,Could it be possible through some .Net api to generate an xml > with mock up data as say xml spy does? What about generating class with xsd.exe, instantiating it and serializing via XmlSerializer? -- Oleg Tkachenko [XML MVP, XmlInsider] http://blog.tkachenko.com Ash Hart wrote: > So far I am using that one itslef. But my schemas are keepon > changing.So every time when the schema changes I need to recompile ...

Enter department codes for Payroll Deductions
This would allow for better GL posting of these deductions. Currently if an employee has earnings in more than 1 department, the deduction is allocated to GL based on the percentage of earnings in each department. I would like to enter the department code that has the deduction associated with it. In my case, it has to do with supplies (boots, gloves used by the employee.) One department pays for these and submits the PR deduction but that department often doesn't get the full deduction because the employee worked somewhere else in the company during the same pay period. ------...

Avoid user having to enter 00 hours when using [mm]:ss format
I am formatting a game sheet for sports events. Time should be entered as mm:ss which I have "custom" fomatted as [mm]:ss. However I cannot find a way to force Excel to read an entry such as 07:28 as 7 minutes and 28 seconds. It always assumes the user is entering hours and minutes. Thanks for any help SBB 60 seconds = 1 minute 60 minutes = 1 hour They both the same "numeric" value. Since you're locking the minutes to prevent the roll-over to hours, How about *USING* hours and minutes, and lock the hours to prevent the roll-over to days? [hh]:mm You'll get...

Leave no cell blank #2
I have "Allow Cell Drag and Drop" checked under Tools/Options/Edit. And, when I move the cell pointer to the border of the cell, the pointer changes to a single left slanted arrow. I can then drag the contents of the cell. However, it works the same with the shift key depressed or not. It moves the cell contents, but does not remove the original row that is now empty. Any other suggestions? Subject: Re: Leave No Cell Blank From: "Myrna Larson" <myrnalarson@charter.net> Sent: 8/8/2003 10:41:18 AM This does work in previous versions of Excel. Don&...

EXCEL 2 WORD
I have a spreadsheet set up in a table format with several column with headings. I then have hundreds of rows of data. Is it possible to set up a word document that I can transfer each row into a different word document. i.e a word document that contains the same heading except rather than across the way the headings are set apart in a formal fashion in the word document and I can then just set up a link or something similar so it imports only the data i need it to import hope that makes sense?? "Elliot" <elliot.dickson@thus.net> wrote in message news:105001c38bfd$...

date conversion #2
I am trying to import a file that has dates on it in this format yy-mm-dd. When excel receives the dates it converts them to standard mm/dd/yyyy . Unfortunately the mm shown is actually the yy and the dd shown is the mm and the yyyy shown is the day. Example: Import 03-04-24 Result 3/4/2024 Dose anybody have any ideas on how I can fix this. Thanks in advance. No sorry Jeff, but I have pretty much the same problem at the moment. I am trying to put in a bank sort code which is numbered like ##-##-## and it keeps converting it into date format but dd/mm/yyyy or mm/dd/yyyy,...

St. Alphonsus Liguori on 2-20-06
Saint Alphonsus Liguori says, "Today is important. Tomorrow is important. There is no day not important to the life of any living human being. Granted, some days stress more emphasis on personal matters, conditions, facts, and what they are necessary for. Then, there are days that appear to be less orderly, and yet are days that must be morally, mentally practiced in a moral standard of thinking and in actions that are dignified in every way." REVELATION DELIVERED THROUGH FRANCES M. KLUG ON FEBRUARY 20,2006 AT 1:50 P.M. SAINT ALPHONSUS LIGUORI "I am Saint Alphonsus L...

Newbie needs macro help Excel 2000 #2
Greetings, I need a little bit of assistance in creating a macro in Excel 2000, pc platform. I would like the macro to ask for a beginning number and an ending number. The macro would then populate the corresponding number of rows in column A (original number) and in column B a number starting with 1 and increasing by 1 until the ending number is met. For example, the macro asks for beginning number (I would enter 123) and ending number is 130: cell A1 would contain 123, cell A2 contains 124, cell A3 contains 125, cell A4 contains 126, cell A5 contains 127, cell A6 contains 128, cell...

forwarding #2
When i forward an email to someone theres no problem, but when i close the original message, it is gone in the inbox folder meaning it is automatically deleted how can i stop that, i didn't change any of the defaul settings of the microsoft outlook, i hope you can help me with my problem as soon as possible. thank you. It might not be gone. Check your view. View, Currnet View. Make sure it's not set to Unread messages. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** &...

UserForms #2
What is the simplest code for delivering numerical data from a text box to a specific location (no loops etc to find empty cells) in specific worksheets? I want several data entries from the same form to go to different worksheets. Any help will be greatly appreciated Cheers Ben Worksheets("sheetname").Range("A1").Value = TextBox1.Text etc. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "bennyob" <bennyob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2332A52A-2AFD-4F39-B835-79F4AF94341E@microsoft.com... > What is the simp...

Adding up days from Date/Time entered
I'm new to Access and have a Table where I'd like to put in a Beginning date that an item was sent out on rent, and then put a date where it was returned from being on rent. I'd like to set up a record that sums the number of days that item was out, based on the previous two records. I'm looking for this to be shown in the Form view, as a user is putting in the dates. Thank you Jeffrey, Look at the DateDiff function in the Help file. Steve santus@penn.com "Jeffrey Wilson" <Jeffrey Wilson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...