All the macros I have in various workbooks are failing - usually part-way
through - with different error messages each time.  When I check the debugger
and try to edit the text, there seems no reason why there should be a
problem.  The macro has so far stopped on instructions to :
 - open a workbook
 - select a worksheet
 - paste a column in a different place

Several times the macro has just stopped running without completing and
without showing an error message.

I cannot run a host of urgent daily reports without using the macros. Please
help!
0
magpie1 (4)

NO way to help unless you tell us exactly what the error message is and the
text of the line of code that is highlighted in the debugger.

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 01:47:01 -0800, magpie <magpie@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>All the macros I have in various workbooks are failing - usually part-way
>through - with different error messages each time.  When I check the debugger
>and try to edit the text, there seems no reason why there should be a
>problem.  The macro has so far stopped on instructions to :
> - open a workbook
> - select a worksheet
> - paste a column in a different place
>
>Several times the macro has just stopped running without completing and
>without showing an error message.
>
>I cannot run a host of urgent daily reports without using the macros. Please
>help!

0
anonymous (74722)
3/23/2005 9:00:46 PM
The error messages varied and appeared random, as different error messages
appeared although a macro would  halt at the same point. Some of the macros
have worked happily for years wwithout amendment. The problem appears to have
been my Personal workbook.  None of its own macros would work properly and if
it was open, macros in other workbooks wouldn't work either.  Re-booting
seems to have helped somewhat.  The Personal workbook may just have grown too
large.  I may have to re-create it.

I solved yesterday's immediate problem by copying the most urgent macros
into another workbook and closing the Personal workbook. Today, so far, there
have been fewer problems.

"Myrna Larson" wrote:

> NO way to help unless you tell us exactly what the error message is and the
> text of the line of code that is highlighted in the debugger.
>
> On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 01:47:01 -0800, magpie <magpie@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> >All the macros I have in various workbooks are failing - usually part-way
> >through - with different error messages each time.  When I check the debugger
> >and try to edit the text, there seems no reason why there should be a
> >problem.  The macro has so far stopped on instructions to :
> > - open a workbook
> > - select a worksheet
> > - paste a column in a different place
> >
> >Several times the macro has just stopped running without completing and
> >without showing an error message.
> >
> >I cannot run a host of urgent daily reports without using the macros. Please
> >help!

0
magpie1 (4)

Cannot syncronize accounts in different currencies on my pocket
Hello, I often need to manage accounts in different base currencies but it seems that accounts different from base currency, do no appear on pocket pc 2005. I am using money 2005 on my desktop and recently downloaded pocket money 2005 to my ipaq. This seems to be a serious limitation. any suggestions? Thanks It is a (one of the) limitation of the pocket pc client. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://regi...

Macro Not Working
Hi can any please advise me why my Macro is not working The Macro allows users to Input dates via a message box which shoul then be input in cells B1, B2, B3 & B4 - but this does not happen - I addition when I try to change the sheet name in the macro from Sheet2 t another name i.e. mydata it displays an error Sub Input_Dates1() ' ' MyName = InputBox("Please Enter Date for Q1") If MyName = "" Then Exit Sub End If Sheet2.Range("$B$1").Value = MyName MyName = InputBox("Please Enter Date for Q2") If MyName = "" Then Exit Sub E...

Outlook newsgroup message not visable to OE clients
Suddenly last week, without any changes on my part (really), our Exchange 2003 SP1 server is handling newsgroup messages strangely. If an Outlook client in Exchange mode posts a message, the message is visable by the other Outlook corporate clients, but NOT by NNTP clients like Outlook Express and Thunderbird. Posts by NNTP clients are visable by both types of clients. It would seem to be a NNTP connector issue, but I'm finding no information or error messages. Any ideas? Dave ...

Outlook 2003 won't send 1 message
I'm having the same problem as Joshua..and it just started today after I loaded a lot of Windows XP Professional updates off the Microsoft site. One message is hung in my outbox; if I write a new message, it moves to the hung position and won't send. Any ideas? I am having the same problem with Outlook 2003. I just can't send the message. Anyone have any ideas? "kenc" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:085601c3bc08$e6e7ff70$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I'm having the same problem as Joshua..and it just > started today after I loa...

error messages 03-03-10
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email Client: pop Was syncing entourage with mailme when i got an error message. I clicked it off and they kept coming...at one time I had 20 on the screen. I had to close the program and then turn off my Macbook Pro, then turn it on. I cannot use Entourage without this happening...opened it and one popped right up. On 2010-03-02 22:09:33 -0500, padreruf@officeformac.com said: > Was syncing entourage with mailme when i got an error message. I > clicked it off and they kept coming...at one time I had 20 on the &...

Junk E-Mail Lists Error in Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003
I have seen several people post about this error message that comes up in Outlook, but so far I haven't seen anyone respond. I am running an Exchange 2003 server with SP1 and my client is Outlook 2003. I installed IMF a few weeks ago, and it appears that this message started soon afterwards. I have now uninstalled IMF, but am still receiving the message. My end users are getting frustrated, as am I. There also appears to be an error in the IMF deployment guide about adding a registry key to increase the list size in Exchange. It states to "right click System", but there is n...

CRM 3.0 Reports:Error when trying to open reports on client m/c
I am unable to access CRM Reports from any other machine except the CRM Server (Physical) box. I logged in as different users on the CRM server and was able to open and see all of the reports based on roles. But I am not able to view reports from any of the client machines. I am accessing Reports through a web-client. Upon trying to access reports through a client machine, I get the message " An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator". This does not tell me anything I do not see anything unusual in the Web server (CRM Server), or the Da...

Error while Archiving email
I am getting error while trying to archive email from Exchange Mailbox to archive file. Here is the error Error while archiving "Inbox" in store "Mailbox-<user name>". Unknown error I created new archive file and tried to archive I keep getting same error. I tried this from different workstation too. I am administrator on local machine and running Windows 2000 pro with SP4 and Office XP with SP3, my email is on Exchange 2000 server with SP3. Any help on this is greatly appriciated. Thanks, Dinesh ...

Run a macro from another workbook in the QAT
Hi, in Excel 2002 I'm able to create a customized button to execute a macro that is saved in another workbook and another path (a server for exemple), so when I click the button, this automatically open the file and executes the macro. Is this possible with Excel 2007 with a button in the QAT? On Mar 18, 9:41=A0pm, Wil <W...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, in Excel 2002 I'm able to create a customized button to execute a mac= ro > that is saved in another workbook and another path (a server for exemple)= , so > when I click the button, this automatic...

Timeout error
When I open outlook I get a Timeout error. I can ping the exchange server. Any ideas. Thanks, Wesley try to expand timeout time . There is an option in an advanced menu for that account.. "Wesley Steele" <ws@fulcrumgroup.co.za>, iletide �unu yazd� news:OE0K1sbUDHA.3308@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > When I open outlook I get a Timeout error. > > I can ping the exchange server. > > Any ideas. > > Thanks, > Wesley > > ...

Macro Help/Duplicate Items + Insert Rows + Sum
I am trying to create a template that will do the following: 1. Find Duplicate Entries (AlphaNumeric) In A Column 2. Insert 2 Rows Between The Duplicate Entries Then: 1. Sub-Total(Another Column With Random Numbers) Of The Duplicate Entries 2. Format the Sub-Total In Bold I have gotten to the point of writting a macro that will identify the duplicate entries; does anybody know how to do the rest? This is a changing set of data, transferred to excel from a relational database (Lotus123 Rel2, which contains anywhere between 3000 to 5000 rows. I cannot spend time grouping the data ...

Windows Mail recovering messages
I need to reinstall Vista so what is the best way to save/recover existing mail messages/settings? See www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx You need to backup the message store and the relevant registry keys. Then, once reinstalled, just replace the location of the message store and merge the registry keys. Then before starting Winmail make sure the "Store Root" value in the registry correctly lists the location of the message store and if so then start Winmail and it should work fine, except you will have to put in your passwords again. steve "Therealdaddydo" ...

Report Load Error via CRM
I am loading a very basic report that had a complex query but works fine when running it in VS2005. When I attempt to load the report via the CRM 4.0 GUI, I get the following error message: An error has occurred. Try this action again. If the problem continues, check the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Community for solutions or contact your organization's Microsoft Dynamics CRM Administrator. Finally, you can contact Microsoft Support." This report does not have any parameters at all, and the most intense thing are embedded select statements which I have done on other reports. I have instal...

Trouble using resolution for Outlook error
I am recieving the error in Outlook mentioned on the following page: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822503 The instructions say to resolve the issue for an existing installation, specify the *.pst file by using the Mail icon in Control Panel. First of all, I do not know what *.pst file they are referring to. The following directory on my machine: C:\Documents and Settings\Nathan Sokalski\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook Contains the following *.pst files: archive.pst njsokalski@hotmail.comHotmail-00000002.pst Outlook1.pst Outlook.pst I am ver...

Crystal Report error: information is needed 02-03-04
After reinstalling CRM I get this error when I try to get a report. I know there is information since I'm just asking for the user list. ---------------------------------------- CrystalReportViewer Information is needed before this report can be processed. Information is needed before this report can be processed. ---------------------------------------- Any Ideas? Thanks Also recieved this error, and have logged an issue with MS, no resolution yet. One tip they did provide, remove any underscores ("_") from the server name. This has resolved the issue for a lot ...

EXCEL.exe has generated errors
For an knowned reason, the following message recently started to display when clicking on EXCEL on an Windows 2000 system. EXCEL.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will needed to restart the program. An error log is being created. (OK) Attempts have been made to repair, deinstall and reinstall Office 2000. However, the above message still displays with trying to bring up EXCEL. Can anyone help? This WebPage by Chip Pearson provides a good place to troubleshoot. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/StartupErrors.htm HTH Paul --...

Error During Send/Receive in Outlook 2003
Hi all, When i try and send/receive in outlook 2003 it sends out my mail fine however when it gets to receiving or updating the inbox i come up with the following error: Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8007000E) : 'Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again.' I do not have any windows open. Below are the few things that i have tried already. -restart Outlook -make sure no windows are open -finaly restarted the computer and still no luck. Well Hope to get a solution. Best Regards What are you system specs ? CPU...

2003: LDAP Error
I have just installed Outlook 2003 and get an error message when typing names in the to: or cc: or bcc: field. The error header reads "Microsoft LDAP Diectory" The message is "LDAP Directory is unavailable (52)" Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. Check the settings of the Address Book. Tools -> Address Book. "Dave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16e7a01c41791$16dbb210$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I have just installed Outlook 2003 and get an error > message when typing names in the to: or cc: or bcc: > field. >...

Error in posting 4 times! Frustrating problems with html signatures and styles (normal.dot)
I just learned that the message posted 4 times; I thought I had canceled the previous posts where I had not filled in the right newsgroups.... On my machine, it only shows posted 1 time; but I guess that the news server does not support cancellations of posts. Sorry about that...... ...

Outlook Express Error message #8
The following message comes up each time I try to send email thru Outlook Express": Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible cause for this indles server problem, network problems. or a long period of inactivity. Acct. 'IMAP.aol.com', Server:SMTP.aol.com Protocol:SMTP, Port 25, Secure(SSL) No. Socket Error 10061, Error #OX800CCOE. Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. Y...

Outlook XP and 2003
Weird Outlook 2002 and 2003 problem. If I start a message from within Outlook and attach a file it sends normally, but if I try and send by hitting the 'mail' button from within Word or Excel (filling in the pertinent info and hit send) the message just goes to the Outlook's outbox and will not go out no matter how many times I hit 'send and receive'. The same goes for files or pictures if I go to the file 1st and do a R-click send to mail. They just end up in the outbox and will not send. -- "I don't cheat to survive. I cheat to LIVE!!" - Alceryes ...

5.6.3 error
We have a monitoring program sending us daily reports for all our servers. It's been running fine until we just hit a "magic" numbers of how many servers we monitor. The email sent is in xml format, including 3 .png images per server, so I guess we just passed 250 in total images, which are considered attachments. How can I up the number of allowed attachments in Exchange? Can't find this setting anywhere...! TIA!! / Per Wouldn't it be better to put that stuff up on a web page? I've never heard of such a limit; you must really be pushing the envelope. You...

Macro in Background
Hi All Bit of a weird one but I have a big spreadsheet which does a large number of calculations (using a macro). The macro flicks across the spreadsheet (opening and shutting different sheets). which last about 2/3 mins. Is there away of running the macro in the background so it stays on the front page while it does the calculations? Any help appreciated application.screenupdating = false 'your code here application.screenupdating = true -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Hager" wrote: > Hi All > > Bit of a weird one but I have a big sprea...

Macro Recorder #2
I have a very basic question( I think). When you are recording a Macro how do you stop and then restart where you left off? For example I have a repetitive task that moves columns from one spreadsheet to another. The problem is that there are about 40 columns I am required to move. As I record the macro can it be stopped and then restarted if I have to close Excel and return later? I can't find the answer to my question documented anywhere. Thank You, Greg You can stop it, but when you start again it will create a new subprocedure, you can go in and copy/paste the second after the firs...

importing Outlook Express messages to Outlook 2003
In Outlook Express the displayed Sent and Received date for messages sent out have the same date. The import function in Outlook 2003 to import Outlook Express messages changes the Received Date to the date/time of the import. Is there a way to retain the Sent Date as the Received Date or is there a way to convert the Received Date of a sent e-mail to be the same as the e-mail's Sent Date. Regards, Rannoch "rannoch" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:016c01c42631$4e3d7500$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > In Outlook Express the displayed Sent and ...