after selecting grindlines, why does it still print without any?

After I select with grindlines , why does it still show none?
0
cson (1)

go to the last tab in Page Setup dialog and select gridlines.

Two different settings - one for the screen and one for printing.

--
Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"cson" <cson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After I select with grindlines , why does it still show none?

0
twogilvy (1078)
3/25/2005 7:07:03 PM
Assuming you are selecting "gridlines" in the Page Setup>Sheet dialog.

Perhaps you have "Draft Quality" checked also.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 09:33:04 -0800, "cson" <cson@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>After I select with grindlines , why does it still show none?

0
Gord

Print Preview only shows in Grey Scale
Hi There, I just got finished creating my letter head in MS Publisher 2003 and when I went to preview it using Print Preview it only shows in Grey Scale. How do I view it in color? Thanks! Does it print in color? Do your other publications show color in print preview? What version Publisher? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jeff" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6dd401c42f4f$73c41a50$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hi There, > > I just got finished creating my letter hea...

Select Worksheets With Keyboard
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0030_01C63637.C3039190 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, All! If a workbook contains multiple worksheets, can worksheets be selected = using the keyboard without clicking on the sheet tab using the mouse? Thanks in advance! --=20 ------=_NextPart_000_0030_01C63637.C3039190 Content-Type: text/html; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"...

Excel won't highlight selected cells
Hi. Just started having a problem today with selecting cells. I have worksheets that need to have the formatting changed on certain cells. Some need to be merged, some need to have different fonts, etc. Before today, I was able to hold the CTRL key down and select whatever cells needed to be changed (as a group). I can still do that, but only the Title row and columns (A,B,C...1,2,3,4...) are highlighted but not the individual cells that I have clicked on. The problem is more of a large annoyance and I can still get my work done but it takes much longer because I can'...

print "over flow" of details section on a second page
Right now i have a report that most often prints on a single page. Sometimes i need the details section to over flow on to a second page without disturbing the page footer. Is this easily done? THanks Page footers are rarely "disturbed". I can't imagine what you mean... :-( -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "kyle775" wrote: > Right now i have a report that most often prints on a single page. > Sometimes i need the details section to over flow on to a second page > without disturbing the page footer. Is this easily done? > THanks > > On 20...

print with/without attachments
Hello! I have programmed an MS Office add-in (using C#) that lets the user push a button, enter some information in a custom dialog and then print the e-mail. My problem is that I want to give the user the possibility to select whether he/she prints the e-mail with or without attachments. Any idea how to do this so that the user doesn't have to change the setting manually in the print dialog beforehand? It should work in Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2003 at least. TIA, Mario ...

Printing Direct Deposit Statement of Earnings
I completed the Payroll Direct Deposit setup along with regular Payroll Setup in GP10.0. The process of building payroll (Transaction>Payroll>Build Checks) and calculating payroll (Transaction>Payroll>Calculate Checks) works perfect. But when I go to calculate direct deposit and print earnings statement, the options are not available in the Post Payroll Checks window. FYI, It does allow us to print checks and post checks so that process is working. Did you activate direct deposit on the Direct Deposit Setup window? By default it is inactive. -- Charles Allen, MVP &q...

print publication opens as web publication
I have created a print publication in Publisher 2003, but saved it as a Publisher 2000 file. When I open the file, it automatically converts to a web publication, causing the lay-out to go all wrong. I convert it back to a print publication, correct the lay-out and save it. When I open the file, it will again convert to a web publication. Why does this happen? I have made dozens of publications this way, but this is the first time I have this problem. Thanks for your help! Yvette Was this publication ever saved as a print document? Was it converted to a web page before it was saved th...

Can I copy a worksheet with its page setup and print formats?
Is there a way to maintain the page setup and print formats when copying a worksheet? Our admin assistant wants to be able to set up the print margins, header/footer, page orientation, etc. one time and then make multiple copies of the worksheet within the same workbook. When you copy a worksheet (not just the cells but the entire worksheet) you get the same page setup. To copy a sheet just hold Ctrl down and drag the worksheet tab to the right or left. Or right click on the tab and select Move or Copy. -- Jim "MSSAC_QA" <MSSAC_QA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

How to cancel a selection?
Suppose I select a block of cells and start to drag them someplace and then decide not to move/copy them after all. How can I cancel the selection? The Esc key, which does this job in most applications, has no effect. The only thing I have found to do is carefully drag the shaded outline back to the original place and release it. Can I get the Esc key to work right? Maybe you can finish the move/copy and then hit ctrl-z (or edit|Undo)? If you rightclick and drag (or rightclick and ctrl-drag), you can use the escape key (or choose Cancel) after you've released the mouse. Square Peg wro...

Excel 2007 Page Layout Selection Problem
I have a 19" monitor at a resolution of 1152 by 864. In page layout view, if I select a cell on page 1 by clicking just a little to the right of center in the cell, the cell and the one to the right of it are selected. If I click a little to the left of center in the cell, only the cell is selected. This behavior occurs with a zoom factor of 97% through 101%. With other zoom factors everything is fine. Also, if I scroll right so that column A disappears, there is no selection problem. This behavior does not occur on other pages, just page 1. Has anyone else noticed this kind of beh...

Printing Calendar in Entourage
Is there any way to print the "Work Week" calendar showing the hours of each day (i.e. 7AM-6PM) with the scheduled hours blocked and shaded according to the category? So far, I can only print weekly calendar (which is the days with items listed) or the calendar list (which is just a list of items). I want to print the calendar I see on the screen (that has the hours for each day) and colored items in each occupied time slot. I hope that makes sense. ...

Print Area 2003 and 2007
I have set the print area and page breaks on a document that I developed and have been using for the last 2 years with making minimal improvements each 6-12 months and now when I open this document with excel 2007 the print area does not change, however there are 28 pages printing instead of 14 and the extra pages are blank. Half the computers at work are now running excel 2007 and changing the number of pages to print as soon as they open the document. I have not been able to fix this problem in 2007 or 2003 anymore. If anyone could help I'd be really appreciative. Thanks...

Works just as good without the Threadstart
Hello! Here I have a simple example to start a Thread. I have noticed that I can skip the Threadstart and pass the working method directly to the Thread C-tor. So what is the point to use ThreadStart when it works just as good without it. public static void MyMethod() { Console.WriteLine("Testing thread"); } static void Main(string[] args) { Thread myThread = new Thread (MyMethod); myThread.Start(); } //Tony On 30-06-2010 19:55, Tony Johansson wrote: > Here I have a simple example to start a Thread. I have notice...

BemaTECH MP-4000 TH with RMS
I have the BemaTECH MP-4000 TH printer and when I run a credit card transaction, it prints one long receipt. I then have to cut it or rip it in half in front of the customer. I have Microsoft RMS...any ideas of a way I can get it to separate between the signature portion of the receipt, and the sales receipt? I m not sure if they have opos drivers, why don't aske them if they opos driver or if they can use epson opos drivers instead. <jlshumway@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1961c8cc-7142-4387-a6c0-f0e34eb8dd62@a3g2000prm.googlegroups.com... > I have the BemaTECH MP-4000 T...

Custom Entity
Hello everything, I'm working on some custom entities for CRM 3.0 to support a simple authorization system, and want to know if the following is possible.... I have two custom entities, For the sake of simplicity let's call them AccountChildCustomEntity and CustomEntityContact. an AccountChildCustomEntity is obviously a child of a CRM Account. a CustomEntityContact is a child of a AccountChildCustomEntity, and it's function is to map a single CRM Contact to it's parent (the AccountChildCustomEntity). eg: CRM Account - AccountChildCustomEntity ...

Printing all worksheets in a workbook using a duplex printer
Anyone have a problem printing all worksheets duplex in excel? dott I don't have a duplex printer so I use a macro for duplexing. What problems do you encounter? How are you selecting all worksheets for printing? File>Print>Entire Workbook or just selecting all sheets by right-click on a Tab and "select all sheets"? Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 13:20:02 -0800, "dott" <dott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Anyone have a problem printing all worksheets duplex in excel? ...

ActiveX controls and printing
I’m using a form with an ActiveX control (Autodesk’s DWG TrueView) to view AutoCAD drawings. I can print the drawings directly from my database by right clicking on the ActiveX control, then selecting File – Plot. This opens TrueView’s “print dialog” (not sure if that’s the correct term) so that I can select the printer, paper size, and plot area. Is there a way to automate this so I can just click a command button? If someone could point me in the right direction I’d really appreciate it. Thanks. Your control exposes a method, probably named Plot. You can easily see what Methods ...

Deleted e.mail addresses still receiving mail in group mailings
I have Microsoft Office : mac 2008. From time to time I am asked to delete names from my mailing list when people no longer wish to receive group mailings. This I do but in several cases those concerned continue to receive e.mails although they are no longer in my address book. How can I stop this happening as, understandably it causes some annoyance? In addition some people who have been deleted from my address book have subsequently changed server. When I send out group e.mails to them I get a stream of RETURNED AS UNAVAILABLE messages in my In box. How can this be cor...

Excel 2000
In Excel 2000, How do I configure printing a number of copies by default I'm sure there is an option - Just can't find it.. Thanks! ...

New word docs open randomly when I print or save existing doc

Excel 2K: Print of multiple copies is very slow
Hello we have a problem in our company with printing from Excel 2000 to Laserjet 2300 (local). If we print one Word-document 20 times, that takes very fast. If we print one Excel-document (one page) 20 times, the first 13 pages are getting printed very fast too, but for each of the last 7 pages it takes about 5 seconds. -We tried PCL6, PCL5 and PS-drivers. We tried other drivers from Microsoft (ie LJ2100). -There are no pictures of complex data in the Excel-Sheet, it's very simple -We increased the LJ2300-memory from 32MB to 160MB -We tested with Parallel- and USB-cable --> always th...

copying files with query(s), the query is still linked to the ori.
When copying or saving a file with a new name that contains query(s), the query keeps linked to the original file. How can the query be copied and linked to the new file. How can this be overcome? ...

MSN Mny updates without PIN, why cant MS Money??
I have set up all my accounts online with MSN Money, using my .NET Passport. All I had to do is furnish my bank login IDs and passwords. I am pleased this was so easy, and that I did not have to pay $3.00/month for a PIN (Wells Fargo). Why can't I accomplish this with Microsoft Money 2004? The only way I can set up Wells Fargo accounts in Money is by providing a PIN. I don't understand. Why can't MS Money 2004 poll these bank websites in the same manner as MSN Money?? Why the need for a PIN?! You could enable web syncronization between MSN Money and Money. "...

Using check boxes to select criteria to run query
I need some help. I have 5 check boxes. There is one for each country of Canada UK USA France Germany And i want the users to be able to tick which countries they wish to view data for. The data is in a table with a column for country. Please help as I am stuck. Many Many thank you. Natalie Rather than checkboxes I would use an Option Group set to display checkboxes. Only one can be selected at a time but you can include one to show all. When using the Option Group create a table -- tblCountry -- Num Country 1 Canada 2 UK 3 USA 4 Franc...

Link will Not print
hello, I have a table that was made into a report. one of the fields is an ole object with the purpose of uploading excel charts. in the report I would like the chart to print as a page. Currentlly the link is showing only on page two but not the chart. How can this be fixed thanks la -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200710/1 ...