After hiding unused columns to the right, border on right disappea

(Excel 2003) I created a form and only wanted to show the form itself, not
the unused columns and rows.

I selected column J - control-end - column-hide.

The vertical border on the right side disappeared. The only way I was able
to get it to show was to unhide column J - which I'd prefer not to have
showing.

I also tried drawing a rule, but wasn't able to line it up perfectly.

Any suggestions?
0
Oldemom (1)

Pub 2k3 Resize Column Evenly
Hi, Would you guys teach me how to resize/distrib the columns in a table evenly please? Thanks! Best way is to create ruler guides and adjust the columns manually. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Tom" <nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ew55YgW$IHA.1452@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Would you guys teach me how to resize/distrib the columns in a table evenly > please? > > Thanks! Mary Sauer wrote: > Best way is to create ruler guides and adjust the columns manually. > I am using a actual technical ruler and I use the ruler o...

combo box in each cell of a column #2
Dear Frank, your suggestion works fine and solved my problem. Thanks a lot Robert -- Robert ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Roberts's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1576 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27276 ...

return the staff # to the right of the names
I have a workbook with 2 sheets, one sheet named “sheet1”, another named “sheet2”. In sheet 1, I have 2 columns. Column A is the names, column B is the Staff #.s A B 1 Name Staff Number 2 Tom 235 3 Jack 345 4 Linda 888 … In sheet 2, I have the names in column A, but the column B is empty: A B 1 Name Staff Number 2 Jack 3 Linda 4 Joe … In sheet 2, column B, I want the computer to return me the correspond staff numbers which are listed in sheet 1: I want 345 in B2, 888 in B3. See my page on VLOOKUP http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/vlookup.htm and please sign your name at t...

Selecting Columns conditionally?
Good morning all, Just a quick question - I have a table that looks something like this... The first row are the field names as stored in access, everything after that is the data stored in the table. NodeName T1F1 T1F2 T2F1 T2F2 T3F1 T3F2 NodeName (SG) (AQ) (%) (%) (6) ($) ABAO .62 39 .69 .01 39.5 867 ABCD .61 39.1 .68 .05 30.1 666 This table is being created by importing a text file. The 1st Record in this table, contains the "actual" field names. Due to t...

Hide Messages Marked for Deletion
This view still list all my email messages that I have deleted. How can I filter out these message while not purging them? Thanks in advance ...

Need help, Error 80005000 granting OU access rights
Really stymied by this and could use some help... copied from earlier post: Received this error when trying to install MS CRM on our domain "Failed to grant access to organizational OU in active directory." We used a non-system account for the MS CRM service, and gave the account full access and admin rights. Any ideas? Keith Knostman I/O Software Inc. Hello Keith when you install what company name are you using? "Keith Knostman" <keithk@iosoftware.com> wrote in message news:08a601c386b4$6e74ced0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Really stymied by this and coul...

Adding Size column to Outlook view via reg key
Hi all, I am looking at changing the Outlook view (for all users in an OU - with a view to pushing out to more OU's) so that the Size column is displayed. Want to push out via reg key changes as using Field Chooser on each account is not an option. We use roaming profiles. I know that Outlook 2003 will make this easier although I want to be able to do something now. Exchange/Outlook 2000 Infrastructure. Any idea's where I can find this reg key? Thanks in advance Chris S It is not a reg-key but it is stored in the mailbox itself. Either way; you can't deploy views. -- Roady ...

Outline View's limited column width
This appears like a big lack of forethought. Word's Outline View is touted as ideal view for laying out thoughts for a document, but the usable column width is only about 6.5 inches. My usable screen width four times that at about 24" wide. What a waste. Usint higher outline levels strings out the 'body text' paragraphs vertically in a very impractical way. It makes the the column is so narrow as to be almost useless ~ only three or four words wide. I have found no way of changing the column width! Neither page width or page orientation helps this. Any suggestion...

border surrounding an owner-drawn listbox
Looking for some direction on the proper method to implement the following. I have an owner-drawn listbox that I would like to also draw a RoundRect surrounding the listbox. Simply getting the windowrect, inflating it, and then drawing the roundrect doesn't do it because it gets clipped. I tried (or at least I think I did) to increase the clipping rect, draw it, and then restore, but that didn't pan out. Of course, the entire time, I doing this for each item being draw, which seems a waste. Hence the question here.... :) Thanks, -Vin Hallo develop! > Looking for some direct...

My borders show up as dashed lines. Why?
I have formatted cells to show a medium bold border (format, cells, border). The printout shows the border but it's broken up. I have gone back into format, cells, border and the display reveals that medium borders have been chosen. Do you know why? Is the printout different than what shows up in Print Preview and what is on screen? If so, try the following. Try removing the lines. Save. Restart the computer, then reapply and see if that helps. Perhaps you are maxing out the Printer memory? Is it an incredibly complicated printout? Try reinstalling the printer on your works...

border on sheet
I have a small grey border that is on my worksheet. Even when I start a new sheet it is there. I don't know how to get rid of it. It started when I was adding a border to a org chart and then removed it. Now this grey border is on my org chart and any new document I start. -- Dawn M Project Manager On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 12:47:00 -0700, Dawn M <not@here.com> wrote: >I have a small grey border that is on my worksheet. Even when I start a new >sheet it is there. I don't know how to get rid of it. It started when I was >adding a border to a org chart and then remov...

How do set different widths for the same column?
How do set different widths for the same column? Example: column A, the width would be 12 from rows 1 to 10 and rows 11 to 20 would have a width of 24. I would like to do this without merge. Please Help!!! Not possible I'm afraid -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS Explorer Excel wrote: > How do set different widths for the same column? Example: column A, > the width would be 12 from rows 1 to 10 and rows 11 to 20 would have > a width of 24. I would like to do this without merge. Please Help!!! If it really,...

Copy and Paste Column Linked Data in Rows
I want to copy a column of data in a row I want this to be a link however and you can't use copy/paste special/transpose as this copies the formulas I want to link column data from one sheet into a row on another sheet quickly without handling manually e.g. Sheet 1: A1 A2 A3 Sheet 2: =Sheet 1 A1 =Sheet1 A2 =Sheet1 A3 ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I will send you an add-in that I wrote to do transpose paste-links if you send me a message w...

Selecting many specific columns for a chart
Hi all, I have two questions: I have daily sales figures for a shop for the last 6 months. I'm happy with the charts which I've produced but I really want to produce charts which show the average sales figures for each day of the week. So I want a bar chart to show the average Monday turnover, average Tuesday etc etc. Please could someone tell me a short cut so that I can select every column which has a Monday heading or a Tuesday heading etc etc without physically highlighting every Monday in the last 6 months? Secondly, within a few weeks I will run out of excel columns (I'...

I need a formula to sum column b if column a is between two dates #2
I have an excel spreadsheet with employees time off. I need a formula that will add column b if column a is betwee two dates. For example: if column a is between 9/22/04 and 9/21/05 then add column b. I have tried all different formluas but can't get this to work. =SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A100>DATEVALUE("9/22/04")),--(A2:A100<DATEVALUE("9/21/05")),B2:B100) check out http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.SUMPRODUCT.html for details on the sumproduct function "Pam" wrote: > I have an excel spreadsheet with employees time off. I need a formula that &...

Text to Columns on all Columns Starting w/"E6"
Hello, Could you please tell me "how to" (with code) do Text to Columns (Fixed Width, General) on all columns starting with E6, to bottom of the used range? I never know how many columns will be on the spreadsheet. I just know that everything starts on row 6 in all columns and begins with column E. I would really appreciate your help. Thank You, Terri Oops...Did I post this to the wrong site? Should I repost this to the programming section? >-----Original Message----- >Hello, >Could you please tell me "how to" (with code) do Text to >Columns (Fixed Wi...

When extracting from column A no data
Hi I have the following function extracting data from a seperate workbook =TEXT([SurveillanceDup.xls]RDBMergeSheet!B2,) Data is extracted to the new workbook When I use =TEXT([SurveillanceDup.xls]RDBMergeSheet!A2,) No data is extracted There is data on Column A and B the SurveillanceDup.xls. This is a strange one Has anyone any ideas? Thanks Eddie OK I just figured it is something to do with TEXT, but cannot find another function. On May 5, 1:14=A0pm, webels <eid...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi > I have the following function extracting data fr...

Stacked column, remove label if data is zero
I want to create a stack column and include in the data label, the series name and the value. Is it possible to remove the data label for zero values? Is it possible to adjust the gap at column level instead of chart level? Thanks, I forgot to mention that I want to remove the data label dinamically and not manually. Thanks "Mr.LuckyMe" wrote: > I want to create a stack column and include in the data label, the series > name and the value. Is it possible to remove the data label for zero values? > > Is it possible to adjust the gap at column level instead of cha...

CHtmlView, CCustomOccManager, and disabling the context menu and 3d borders
Hello, I am trying to create a CustomControlSite that can hook into the basic operations of a CHtmlView. I want to disable the context menu and also get rid of the 3d border. Ive checked out this article, and followed it to a T. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q236312 It seems like my COleControlSite* CreateSite(COleControlContainer* pCtrlCont) is not getting called. If I can figure out how to get this working, I think the rest will fall into place. I also created a standalone project and followed the directions again, just to make sure something else in my code ...

Text to Columns 02-10-10
500+ sentences, I need to seperate (text to columns) after the first "-" only. There are subsequent "-" but I only want it seperated at the first. And when I seperate it in the second column I do not want a space preceeding the text. Can you give advice on this, any help would be much appreciated! Thanks Sample Data AIR TAXI - An aircraft operator who conducts operations for hire or compensation in accordance with FAR Part 135 in an aircraft with 30 or fewer passenger seats and a payload capacity of 7,500# or less. An air taxi operates on an on-dem...

move a row of data values to a column in sorted order
Does anyone have a method of moving a row of random values to a separate column on the speadsheet in numerical order and capturing the heading fields sot that they are matched. Expample... A B C D 232 121 88 412 --- this is my row data column this is how I want to reformat the row data on the spreadsheet 88 - C 121 - B 232 - A 412 - D Hi, 88 - C Is that all in one cell? -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answer...

SQL query with multiple columns
I am trying to get a query to obtain results from a table that contains approx. 12 million records in short time frame. Below is an example of the query. select sum(field_1) as total, field_2, field_3, field_4, field_5, field_6, field_7, field_8, field_9, field_10, field_11, field_12, field_13 from table_a where datepart(M, field_4) in ( '1','2','3','4','5','6','7','8','9','10','11','12') and datepart(YYYY, field_4) in ('2004','2005','2006','2007,'2008'...

How to copy cells without copying the hidden rows and columns?
I have hidden many rows and columns in an Excel document. I'm trying to copy the remaining cells (viewable) into another Excel document. When I paste into the new document, it has copied all the hidden cells as well. Hi - select your source range - hit F5, click 'Special', choose 'Visible cells only' - now copy+paste -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany tsewt23 wrote: > I have hidden many rows and columns in an Excel document. I'm trying > to copy the remaining cells (viewable) into another Excel document. > When I paste into the new document, it ha...

Re: fuction to copy Column a and b to comment or colum c?
Please help!!! I would like to know a fuction or a way to just recop what ever is in colum a and c to comment in colum d. Is this eve possible? If not maybe a fuction to put values of colum a and c t colum d. Please keep in mind this would prevent me from typing again. Thanks!!! -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can concatenate the values in A & C in column D with a formula: =A1&C1 or =A1&" "&C1 if you want those values in a comment, you'll need a little code. This is a sub (not a function): Option Explicit Sub MakeComments() Dim...

How to compare the lists in two columns & separate odd one ?
i wish to compare list of components in WO columns and then sort out the item which is not present in First List ? One play to try .. Assume data in cols O and W, from row1 down The "First List" is presumed to refer to col W Using 2 empty cols to the right, say cols Y and Z Put in Y1: =IF(ISERROR(SMALL(Z:Z,ROWS($A$1:A1))),"",INDEX(O:O,MATCH(SMALL(Z:Z,ROWS($A$1 :A1)),Z:Z,0))) Put in Z1: =IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(O1,W:W,0)),"",ROW()) Select Y1:Z1, copy down until the last row of data in col O Col Y will return the items in col O not present in col W (the :First Lis...