After editing example1.xls and click SAVE, the filename
changes to AABBEE.xls. The original file still exist and
has been updated but the 'funny' filename also have the
same content, and editable. The example1.xls is stored in
a server and accessed by many people within the company.
Everyone accessing to the file will change the filename
unknowingly after saving it.
0
yk_mak (2)

changing money
HI EVERY BODY I AM NEW IN HERE AND I REALLY NEEDS HELP IN THIS ...PLEASE HELP MR *set up a spreadsheet to calculate the amount of french franc you can buy.all the answers should be rounded to the nearest french franc . you have 1� equals 9.2754 franch franc* thanks a lot -- firouz ------------------------------------------------------------------------ firouz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35235 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=550105 ??? =1*9.2754 -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr...

adding cross-functional flowchart changes page-layout
i would like to add to a "landscape" page a stencil>flowchart>cross-functional flowchart shapes vertical. when adding it the page converse automatically to a "portrait" page, while it should remain "landscape" the same happens if I add cross-functional flowchart shapes horizontal to a "portrait" page. it changes into a "landscape" page. can I avoid this? thx, kjetil I can't think of a way to avoid having the page orientation switch to portrait when you drop the functional band shape out and pick vertical. Visio automatically cha...

Changing to Outlook
I have been using Outlook Express and now have Outlook. Have been able to import address book and mail but emails are still coming to Express. How do I change things so they come to my Outlook inbox? Thanks You have to setup your account(s) in Outlook (Tools\Email Accounts in 2003) and then quit using Express. You can also import your mail, address book, and account settings from Express using the Outlook Import/Export tool (File\Import Export...). Afterward, you should delect your account in Express (Tools\Accounts\<select mail account>\Remove) so that you do not accidently do...

How change Sign-in Name?
I've been using Money for years. Recently I've changed my passport account email address because the old one will no longer be available to me in the near future. When starting Money, I entered the new email address and password and Money allows me to log in. However, the issue is, the next time I start Money, the old email address is back in there and I must enter the new email address every time I start Money. How can I change the Sign-in name to same the correct email address? (I tried File/Password Manager and it will show the new address... until I close and re-open mone...

How to prevent item changed in a CListCtrl?
I use MFC Visual C++ 4.2. I have a CListCtrl in a Detailed View. Below the CListCtrl there are a few CEdits to display the value of each column. So it's kind of the data form. I need to do like this: If users has changed one of the CEdits BUT they haven't save the data and they want to change the selected item of the CListCtrl to other item, a confirmation message will appear to ask if the data they have been changed to be saved or not. There are 3 options: Yes: the data change is saved and the current focus is on the item user desired. No : the data change is NOT saved and th...

change date in a sql statement from a cell
Hello, I am using Excel 2007 I have a pivot table that gets refresh everyday. The data from the pivot table is based on a sql statement, which the data is connected to a AS/400 table. Here is my problem every morning I go in the connection properties and change the SQLstatement (date) in the command text. I don't want my user to do this. What other option can I do? I was thinking change the date in a cell (A1) and somehow the SQL statement picks up the new date or maybe some sort of parameter, but I am clueless in how to do this. Any tips or website to visit I will a...

Data labels: need value AND % change
I'm working on a series of column charts that show annual data for # sold, $ volume, average price, median price, etc. I want it to show the 2002 and 2003 values for each of these but I ALSO want to be able to show the % change between the 2, so we can see trends. So far, I only see that you can label the data with the value, or the percentage. I haven't seen how you can show the values AND the % change. Any ideas? I'd really appreciate it! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Create the desired label in a separate column (the 2003 price concatenated with t...

Editable .doc bound report object in Access 2003
I have a report which containers a bound word file, which allows me to edit the wording in Word. However, when I convert the database to the .mde format, I loose that functionality. Is there a setting or a way I can keep that functionality for this report in the .mde version? Thanks. ...

automatic addresses in to:,cc: and bcc: fields, how to edit, delete, etc.
I don't know what it is called, but when you go to enter the names in the To, CC, and BCC in Outlook they automatically pop up. Very nice option. For example, when I go to write Tara Lewis. I write Tara and it finds the rest and pops/fills in the field. Well, this name is in a list somewhere. Where is this list, what is it called? And this list is not the same as "contacts." I'm trying to find out how to delete, edit, change, add in this list. For example. My friend Brian has two entries. One correct and one incorrect, spelled Brain. So when I write B - R it puts u...

Business Portal
How do you modify the data grid (add and move a column) on the Purchasing module -> Requisitions. After selecting a vendor, a grid is shown listing all items on requisitions for that vendor. I would like to move the Req. # column to the first position, and also add the "Title" field from the requisition to this grid. -- JoeS You cannot modify the windows in Requisition Management. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Joe Smith" wrote: > How do you modify the data grid (add and move a column) on the Purchasing > module -> Requisitions. After selecting a vendor,...

Save data as it is enerted.
How can I get my form to store data that I enter in a field, so that next time as I start to type the same data it populate the rest of the data. For example, if I enter a company name "My Company" the first time, the next time as I start typing "My..." it should populate all company names that begins with those letters and have been entered before. Possible?? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Forms don't store data, tables do. If you want a way, on a form, to see a list of the company names that match what you are typing in, take a look at how th...

Make (save) a file by using macro recorder.
Hi all, I am new to macro and using macro recoder to create macro. On one file which I recieve every week from material department. I need to reformat and create pivot table. I use macro recorder and everything is working good. However I need that when my recorded macro end it create a file with the same name with the date and time it was create. I need every week a new file and I dont want to replace the one. Please let me know how I can create a new file with the date and time everyweek when I run my macro. Thanks -- Farhan Hi Farhan This should do it, just insert you...

Can not get Excel macros to save chart format -lost in space!
Help??? I've been searching this forum for 5 days trying to find a problem similar to what I am having without any luck. I have been trying to use Excel macro to record the creation, formating and saving of a simple bar chart against my Excel data range but the macros do not run for the chart. I am able to creat the charts okay but the macro craps out when I run it. I keep getting " Set ActiveChart = ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(Chart1)" type errors as if it's not recognizing the chart that I just made. I am an advanced Excel person BUT not so with VB coding. ...

Changing Outlook 2002 email "From" field without the "on behalf of" text
I occassionally want to send emails from an address different to my standard email account. I'd prefer not to have to change the email account details on these occassions. I have the "From" field in my New Mail template which I populate with a contact showing the email address I want the email from. Unfortunately, when the email arrives it appears as From: [mailto:myEmailAccountAddress] On Behalf Of myDesiredTemporaryFromAddress I've searched my Outlook settings and the MS site but cannot see how to get rid of this undesired annotation i.e. "[mailto:myEmail...

Pick list width changes by itself...why?
I have some columns with the width 4. Sometimes the validation pick list is wide like 40 and sometimes it is only as wide as the column. I already know there's code to temp make the column wider when you click on it. But this behaviour of the pick list sometimes appearing much wider than the column makes me think there's something influencing the width of the pick list itself. Is there some way to control the width of the pick list without changing the width of the column or is what I'm seeing occur just an Excel bug? Thanks, Joe M. ...

How to change appearance of the links, pointing to subdocuments in the master document
Hi, I want to change the appearance of the links, which are pointing to subdocuments in the master document (Word 2003). Specifically I want those links to look more descriptive with regards to their contents - specifically making those links to appear like those are entries in the Table Of Contents (like it would be looking if those subdocuments were just paragraphs in the single monolitic document). Please note that I DO NOT want to rename the filenames of those subdocuments - I just want to change the appearance of the links to those documents, in the way I already described above....

Excel should have a "Change Case..." menu Item like Word!!
See the subject, I know you can set up a formula to do it I want a button! PLEASE, for years I've just wanted to change case on the fly, YEARS! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=3c7554c...

File in Use
Here's a bit of an odd one. We have a report from one group of users about an issue they are having with opening files in a particular directory on one of our file servers (Windows Server 2003 SP1 in 2003 Domain). When the user (client is Windows xP SP2, Office 2003) attempts to open an excel file in this directory that is opened by another user, they get the usual "File in Use" prompt (with - Read Only, Notify and Cancel as options). Usually in such a situation it will say "Filename.xls is locked for editing by 'username'." but for some reaon the usernam...

Change Display Order in Charts
I have an X-Y chart with a cloud of points and a line. When the chart plots, the line is always hidden behind the cloud of points. Can I bring the line to the top so it becomes visible? I tried making the line first and last, but it always ends up behind the cloud. Thank you. Lines for a given chart group (group of data series) are plotted behind points of that same chart group in an XY chart. However, you can change the chart group by changing the axis on which the chart group is plotted. Make the plot with one series formatted as markers only and another as lines only, double cli...

mail does not find temporay directory to open attached .xls file
Since few weeks, I cannot open attached .xls file, for the temporary directory is not found. I bypass it by saving the xls file in a a folder and then open it from there. It does't work if saved on desktop. All other attached files, pps or world, are ok -- Are all your Windows Updates current? I seem to recall there was an update for IE8 a couple of months ago which fixed the failure to open attachments. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "escofie" <escofie@discussions.microsoft.com&...

How do I calculate the change in stock price in excel.
How do I calculate the change in stock price from the previous day. Put yesterday's price in cell A1 and today's price in cell A2. In cell A3 put the formula: =A2-A1 -- Gary's Student "Knowledge001" wrote: > How do I calculate the change in stock price from the previous day. ...

Save Images
Hello All I Have An ImageList Object Contains Some Images And I Want To Save Those Images To The HardDisk Is There Any Way For THat Thanks Alot Asked and answered on 9.19.2007, 9.20.2007 AND 9.22.2007. -- Gina Whipp "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II "RABEA" <ShamiJewelerjo@Yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23H1TuYa$HHA.3780@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hello All > > I Have An ImageList Object Contains Some Images > And I Want To Save Those Images To The HardDisk > Is There Any Way For THat > > T...

Rules not working after profile change
1. I created a new mail profile to solve problem of email stuck in Outbox. 2, After re-starting Outlook, Rules to flag email and put in Alert window no longer work. 3. In Rules Wizard '(for other machine)' now appears after each Rule Name iin Wizard's first screen. 4. "On this Machine' is checked in options. Any ideas on how to get the rules to work again without redefining them? Thanks. Alan Unless you can open the old profile and remove the 'this machine only' tag, or remove it from the rule, you]'ll need to make new rules. -- Diane Poremsky [M...

Can you suggest any way to turn off Saving to Excel?
I've been asked to disable Exporting from CRM to Excel. (I'm not making this up.) Perhaps management has temporarilly lost its senses. Your mission is impossible. Do not accept it You cannot disable exporting from CRM to Excel "Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6D35176-EEA5-48A8-9798-3181E5FAD1E0@microsoft.com... > I've been asked to disable Exporting from CRM to Excel. (I'm not making > this > up.) Perhaps management has temporarilly lost its senses. How about this likely response - "But Larry, if the ...

Excell and Word Hang up when attempting use Save As command
I have just installed latest updates for office 2003 and now find that when I attempt to use the save as command the application hangs up and prompts me to send a report to microsoft when I terminate a non-responding program. Any ideas as to what is wrong? Maybe... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/918165 Problems in Windows Explorer or the Windows shell after you install security update MS06-015 Microsoft Patch Snafu Grows, Users Seek Workaround http://www.techweb.com/wire/security/185303742 Scuta wrote: > > I have just installed latest updates for office 2003 and ...