Advanced Find Command??

Is there an advanced find command or some kind of command where I can search
through a particular column of dates and go to each row where the date is
less than Feb 1, 2005.  I thought I could use either the filter command but
couldn't use the advanced filter to find dates??

0
debbie4402 (120)

Try an AutoFilter. Specify "Custom" on drop-down and
select "is less than" and then the date.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

0
jasonjmorin (551)

cannot find dll file
Experts,I've just rolled out an Access program to several users.I used Mr. Lebans' mousewheel dll file to turn the mouse wheel off.The database works perfect on my computer (both desk and laptop) aswell as locally and on the network.However, when my user(s) click on the database (on the network) fromhis/her computer an error occurs: Sorry...cannot find the MouseHook.dllfileThe system then says to please copy the dll file to the Windows Systemfolder or into the same folder as the mdb....The dll file is sitting right next to the mdb.Any thoughts?alex On Mar 8, 11:51 am, "alex"...

ADO Find and Bookmark, inconsistent results any suggestions?
Hi All, i'm bit frustrated as all my users are reporting a weird behaviour from one of our access database. It is an ADP application on SQL Express 2005 as backend using Access 2003. No problem of this sort has been reported whatsoever, and no change have been done to either the dbase structure or the vba code since the problem came out. to be very concise, when a form open it will load -using the bookmark method- the first record available. this is the code: Dim rs As New ADODB.Recordset Set rs = Me.Recordset.Clone rs.MoveFirst rs.Find "[IdItemOrdered] = " &...

Finding Characters
Hi MVP's and other smart people, I have a column of data (A1 thru A11500) with names or addresses etc. I would like to know if there is a way to display "Delete" or similar in the adjacent cell in the same row but the next column (B1 thru B11500) where any particular cell in column 'A' contains certain characters amongst the data within that cell. I have done this many times using the 'IF' formula when it necessarily matched the entire cell contents but it's only 1 or 2 characters contained within the contents of each cell that I need to match this time. Ho...

Advanced Excel formulas
i have a column of student names, column by gender either M of F(another column) and they recieved a rating profile(anther column;ratings 0,1,2,3, or 4). I want to chart the number of males with a 1 rating, 2 rating, 3 rating etc. Also want to chart the number of females with 1 rating, 2 rating, 3 rating. What would be the formula or formulas to achieve this. Thanks -- Fred I would CONCATENATE the Gender and Ratings columns into a helper column and then do Data > Subtotals > ForEachChangeIn: the helper column > UseFunction: Count > AddSubtotalTo" > Rating.......

How do I do an IF command with cell shading?
I've got a spreadsheet with cells that have different colored backgrounds depending on which year they will occur. I want to create an IF statement that will set it to equal zero of the cell shading is grey. Is there any way I can do this? Hi use 'Format - Conditional Format' or this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Alan Hurley" <Alan Hurley@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:2178A884-8C8F-4D23-846E-01AE3240F0FF@microsoft.com... > I've got a spreadsheet with cells that have different colored backgrounds > depending on ...

Executing console commands
From a MFC application, I would like to execute a series of console commands. Which MFC class should I be using? What are my options? If by console commands you mean running dos command, or other exes, then there is no class for that, but you can use ShellExecute(...) AliR. "Charles Tam" <CharlesTam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16039405-110A-4AA6-8B64-1F94B42FD3B0@microsoft.com... > From a MFC application, I would like to execute a series of console commands. > Which MFC class should I be using? What are my options? ...

The Find function in Outlook is not working
The Find function in Outlook is not working for the majority of my Exchange users. We are all on Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003. We are all on XP SP2. Does anyone have any insight on why this might be happening? They are on Exchange server 2003 using Outlook 2003. No results are returned with basic or advanced find. Server rebooted but the problem still the same. Users can search public folders through tools---> Find---> Find Public folders But they can not search inside public folders using find or adcanced find. Any help please. -- M.B On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 02:13:01 -0700, M.B ...

Where do I find the 3D Lotto Matrix System?
I want to win in the 3-digit PCSO suertres lotto. Along this desire, I want to know the matrix system for this game. Charles wrote: > I want to win in the 3-digit PCSO suertres lotto. Along this desire, > I want to know the matrix system for this game. The normal price for this information is $49.95. BUT WAIT A payment received within the next hour is available for only $99.95. This will include a 100% guaranteed method of winning *every* time you play. You may not make a profit, but you will win. On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 16:07:02 -0800, Charles <Charles@discussions....

Find the ROW number?
I have a worksheet with multiple sheets. I want to do a text search in column A of sheet 1. I want the ROW number where it finds this text first to be displayed. (The text is sometimes only part of the whole text that is entered in a cell). For example some cells might have "hello this is a test" where as others might just have the word "test". I want to find the first ROW (the lowest number) where the word "test" is found. Please advise Hi! Assume you enter your search criteria in cell C1. Enter one of these formulas in D1. Both are array formulas and m...

Advanced Filtering Problem
The following code executes in about 2 seconds in excel 2003 but takes 2 mintes in excel 2007. Anyone know why? The size of the database is 50,000 row by 52 columns. Public Sub FilterDbase_Click() Dim filtercontrolSheet As Worksheet Dim resultsSheet As Worksheet Set filtercontrolSheet = Sheets("FilterControl") Set resultsSheet = Sheets("Results") Application.ScreenUpdating = False resultsSheet.Activate resultsSheet.Range("A10:IV65536").Select Selection.ClearContents 'Perform Extract Dim SourceRng As Range Dim...

find and replace #4
I have telephone numbers in this format 1234567899 and want to replace them in this format 123-456-7899. Is there any way to do that? Stephanie, I'm not sure that find replace is necessary, format the cells as custom and type in 000-000-0000 If that doesn't work for you, =LEFT(A1,3) & "-" & MID(A1,4,3) & "-" & RIGHT(A1,4) in an adjacent column and copy down Dan E "Stephanie" <sshapiro@vintnersselections.com> wrote in message news:073001c35c52$fb781350$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I have telephone numbers in this format 1234567899 ...

Good Morning: I am in the middle of an email audit and I am trying to do searches that meet certain guidelines. An example of a search would be: The searches are like this Frequent within 10 words of Trad* Excessive with in 10 words of Employee Any help would be great. Cheers Darren ...

How do I find which Product Key matches which installation?
I have a copy of Office 2004 Professional, which is installed on my PowerBook G4. I bought a copy of Office Student for my son's Mac Mini, but now I can't tell which CD is which. Is there any way to match the Product Key on the CD case to the version that's installed on my laptop so I can install the other one on my son's computer? In article <1132842260.269303.237580@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>, pat.rudolph@gmail.com wrote: > I have a copy of Office 2004 Professional, which is installed on my > PowerBook G4. I bought a copy of Office Student for my son'...

command buttons
how do i make the command button edges rounded instead of square. I see them rounded on some computers and not on others. "BMcH" <BMcH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62420DB7-FBD5-4E51-B4C9-A8EC76F32E53@microsoft.com... > how do i make the command button edges rounded instead of square. I see > them > rounded on some computers and not on others. I believe that that is theme dependent. ...

How do you change/reset the default folders for finding related messages
According to this article for Office 2003, the default folders that are searched for the "find related messages" function is "Inbox, Drafts, and Sent Items". http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HP011153821033.aspx I couldn't find an equivalent article for Office 2007, but either this changed in Outlook 2007, or I did something to change it since finding related messages will search my entire mailbox ("Inbox;Sent Items;Mailbox - Michael Smith"). Is there any way to change this to a different set of folders? I'd be fine with the default specified fo...

How select time zone in timedate.cpl? (batch command)
What single command (for use in a batch file) will change the PC's time zone to GMT+10 Is there a line command which will do this directly? ---------- I have started to look at the "Time And Date" control panel but it doesn't quite do what I want ... The following command opens the "Time And Date" control panel and selects the time zone tab. But what do I do to automatically select the GMT+10 setting and then close the control panel? rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL timedate.cpl,,1 "Jonno" <johnno@mail.invalid> s...

Exchange Migration Testing advance required
Hi everyone, I currently have a working Exchange 5.5 box with 200 mailboxes running on NT4. I need to start practicing some migration ideas (2000 on 2000 or 2003 on 2003) and what I would like is to take an image of this server, rebuilt a new one (identical) and use that on a test lab to migrate. I am a big fan of VMs so if I could integrate all that in virtual machines it would be great. Has anyone done something similar and if yes what software/techniques were used for the imaging/cloning and the rebuild? Regards, Vincent ...

Command Button to Uncheck Checkbox on all records
I create a command button to uncheck a checkbox on the form, which works, but I want it to uncheck the the same checkbox on all records. I am doing this for the church and am not using access on a regular basis, so I just need the rest of the code. Thanks for any help. -- Kate Just learning to use access Kate, You will need an Update Query. You can do this in code, which runs on the Click event of your command button, like this: CurrentDb.Execute "UPDATE YourTable SET YourYesNoField = 0", dbFailOnError -- Steve Schapel, Microsoft Access MVP Kate wrote: > I create a com...

How do I find the series associated with a given legend entry.
I have a problem, whereby I need to find the association between a legend entry and a chart series (in order that I can do something with the legend entry for a specific series if it exists). I cannot find a way to establish a firm link between a series and its legend, for instance: The chart has 5 series. The legend had 5 series but the user (or something/somebody) deleted 2 of these legend entries so there are 3 legend entries. So, at this point lets say I have code which has a specific series in its hand: Excel.Series series = _chart.Series(3); And with this series I want to del...

How to find merged records?
How to find merged inactive records with advanced find? Or do I need to use e.g. workflow to put those to special marketing list? If I'm understand right, those merged inactive record I can delete and still save the data that is copied to active record. Merged information is anyway on opened form "The record was merged with the X recrd, and then deactivated." but it is too much work to open all inactivated records (~50000) Jukka Majander Hi, Have a look at this post: http://crmdude.wordpress.com/2009/09/28/modifying-views-outside-microsoft-crm/. Shafraz -- Visit my bl...

Can't open word file with password: "can't find encryption code"
I have a word file with a password and encrypted used to open in word 2003 with the compatibility pack as the file was created in another pc in word 2007. Now, after installing office 2007, can't open that file: it says can't find the encryption code or source. Thank you. ...

I can't find my hidden emails
How do I retrieve my hidden email folder. I have windows mail using vista version. To see your storage location, Open Windows Mail, go to Tools - Options - Advanced - Maintenance - Store Folder It's normally C:\Users\<yourlogin>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Mail \Appdata is normally hidden Email messages are stored as individual .eml files. -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "Hatsoff" <Hatsoff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2301FECC-9C1B-4051-BECC-E59087654D5E@microsoft.com.....

Compare two lists of data to find new entries
I currently run a daily report from a CRM database to monitor my sales teams activities with customers. Each activity has a 'unique' reference. My aim is to compare the report (which is in excel) from one day with the new report to show the new 'activities'. In simple terms I want to say if activity 'x' is in the new list the show the information from that row on a new worksheet so I can see at a glance the new activities. How about an alternative? Insert a new column near that unique reference (say column B is inserted and column A is the unique reference). T...

Advanced Security #13
I submitted this request to Microsoft, but any additional info from others that have had this problem, please advise: 1st - When users are logging in they are getting the "you do not have security priveleges to open this window. Contact your system admin for assistance. (at the company log in screen) Users can not get logged in. The advanced security is set to allow permissions to the log in screen. What is causing this ? 2nd - Smart List - Users can not access one of the reports that is in the smart list. It shows that they do not have access to open this window. Adv. ...

MS Excel 2003
The Advanced Features Team is pleased to announce the release of the first version of their Add-In for MS Excel 2003. Part of this realease are the following functionalities: * Easy and powerful connection between MS Excel and MS Access * K-Means clustering algorithm * Additional User Defined Formulas * Deeper Query and Pivot Tables Manipulation Tools, including easy redirecting MS Olap cubes and Database Queries * Fast and Easy Worksheet Formatting and Management, including functions for Hiding and Grouping, changing worksheet visibility, get available workshee...