Advanced filter problems

Hi all,
can anyone tell me why I am duplicate entries when I'm usin
unique records only with adavanced filter. A copy of the file attached
Cheers
Shan

|Filename: Test.zip
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=2697

sha
shav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1198
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26709

If your list doesn't have a heading, the first cell will be treated as a
heading, and may be included twice.

Or, entries may look the same, but have subtle differences, such as
extra spaces.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
10/7/2004 12:37:48 AM
I don't open attachments/files, but any chance your data doesn't have a header?

If it doesn't then excel will treat the first cell as a header and that could
look like a duplicate.

Any leading/trailing/embedded space differences?

Use some helper cells to see if the ones that look like duplicates are really
duplicates:

=b3=b9

and
=len(b3)
=len(b9)

and
=trim(b3)=trim(b9)

just for some checks.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Mail Routing Problems
CRM and Exchange work fine independently. The Exchange Router was installed on the Exchange Server and my users are able to send emails out from the CRM. The problem is that replies are not getting tracked back into the CRM and the users cannot promote the emails from Outlook to CRM because the Outlooks thinks that they are already tracked. I can't seem to figure this one out. Please help! Thanks, Are you seeing errors relating to this in the exchange event logs? "Ali Ersheid" <ali@alumni.cse.ucsc.edu> wrote in message news:uZ9nV91hDHA.1796@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl......

OWA problem #21
I have OWA running on my main web server. I have started getting error 500-12 when accessing the logon page. Nothing has changed on my config and nothing in the web servers log appears to show a problem. The only thing I can think of is that my exchange server's drive is down to about 400MB. Will lack of disk space cause this to happen? Does OWA need so much room to run on the exchange server? Is 400MB free space? if it is ture i think you have to add some HDs. For the exchange server 2003, you need about 8GB. "Jerry" wrote: > I have OWA running on my main web server...

Update problem #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello, Have just donwloaded the latest 2008 Office update. When wanting to install it, at a certain step it asks to chose the volume onto which the update should be installed. My problem is that although I have a licenced 2008 Office on my MacBook, the updater keeps on saying that the 2008 Office version in NOT installed on my hard drive. (This is quite bizarre since while using Word the updater alerted me of the new update...) Have tried to installe it twice but the same probleme keeps coming. So how to make the Offi...

Code Problem
I have the following : Form - 'frm_Contact_Complete' with - 'txtDateRequired' Subform - 'subfrm_Job_Complete' with - 'txtReadyOn' and 'txtWhyDelayed' and the code : "Private Sub txtReadyOn_AfterUpdate() If txtReadyOn > Forms!frm_Contact_Complete.txtRequiredBy Then Me.txtWhyDelayed.Visible = True Me.lblWhyDelayed.Visible = True Else Me.txtWhyDelayed.Visible = False Me.lblWhyDelayed.Visible = False End If End Sub" The code works up to a point - the textbox 'txtWhyDelayed' is hid...

Problem with accesing a company
Sorry: I do not have a good english, I'm from Mexico... We have GP in Spanish... but it isn�t a news group in spanish I have 4 companies, I do not have SQL, but I have MSDE There are a company called "Armagedon" in that we have to wait 2 minutes to accesing it. In the otrer 3 companies, the acces is in 15 seconds.... �Do You have an idea about this situation? Thanks Antonio, We found similar problem in one customer. They used GP7.0 and the problem it was with Purchase Order Enhancements dictionary. Check if removing the dictionary it resolves your problem. Then r...

Publisher 2000 Problem
I've had & used Publisher for years & think it's great but I just ran accross a problem I'vr never heard of before....Everytime I go into a publisher file or Publisher itself my computer shuts down & restarts ....Any help anyone can give me would be great. Thank you so much Open the file in safe mode, if it works then you need to upgrade your printer driver. Publisher is critical about printers. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Bill LeClair" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com...

OWA authentication problem #4
I've just migrated to Exchange 2003 and have been allowing users to use OWA. One user is having problems: he claims to be putting in his username and password (we're not using forms based authentication) but he always gets Access Denied. It works for everyone else with just the user login name and passowrd. Are there any pre-requisites for IE at the client end? He's got XP Home so I assume he's using the version of IE that came with it. Tim Is he allowed by Exhaange to use OWA? Saludos, Pablo Vernocchi vernocchi@pcoffice.com.ar.delete.this Buenos Aires, Argentina O...

Excel Ranges and Areas Problem
We need to set the range from text sent to us. Below is an exmple. Can anyone help as the issue is that normally the range the example below only references cells [C4, B2, D8] in a sheet and not all the sheets and cells [Sheet1!C4, Sheet2!B2, Sheet3!D8]. Sub test() On Error GoTo iErrors Dim strText As String strText = "Sheet1!C4, Sheet2!B2, Sheet3!D8" Dim rngTest As Excel.range Set rngTest = Application.range("Sheet1!C4, Sheet2!B2, Sheet3!D8") Debug.Print rngTest.Address Exit Sub iErrors: Err.Clear End Sub 'We need the rngTest.Ad...

Group by problem
i have the following table: Duguje Potrazuje Partner PartnerName Date ---------------------------------------------- 1 3 P Tisak 12.3.2006 5 2 P Croatia 25.6.2006 6 4 K HT 15.6.2007 8 3 K Tisak 11.11.2005 7 8 P Croatia 3.5.2007 7 5 K HT 11.3.2005 2 3 K HT 5.1.2005 the query is: SELECT partner, PartnerName, (SELECT SUM(Duguje) FROM arhivdugujepotrazuje WHERE datumdos <= '01-01-2007' an...

Query formatting problem
I have a MS access database that keeps track of road segments for my work. The road segments are stored in a table (along with another table that stores project information) and I have a query that calculates length by subtracting the beginning MP from the end MP. The query is fine for the most part except for a few values that are not being calculated correctly. Here is the code: SELECT PROJECTS.Number_ID AS PROJECTS_Number_ID, PROJECTS.OO_NUM AS PROJECTS_OO_NUM, PROJECTS.PROJECT, PROJECTS.CO_NAME, PROJECTS.CO_NUM, PROJECTS.DISTRICT, PROJECTS.Date, PROJECTS.COMMENT, ROUTE_...

Historical Aged Trial Balance Problem
I'm currently using V 7.5 and have the following problem: There is an invoice on the Historical Aged TB from 2001 that I want to remove from a customer account. I was going to enter a credit and apply it to the invoice, but when I went into the apply window the invoice wasn't there. When I look in the sales inquiry window the invoice shows as history. Has anyone else come across this problem before? Maureen, if you use SQL database, you might just open your database with enterprise manager and delete the row for this document. I believe it is the RM20101 table. -- Doug...

Custom data validation problem
I would like to validate cells according to the following rule ... The cell can contain the following: A single zero "0" or a single period "." or a string of any length consisting of the letters R, W, B, L Eg all the following are valid 0 .. rrr bbbbb bbrrl l wrbblllrrrrbbbbbb The following are invalid 00 0r rrrbbbh ..rbl Is this possible using a custom validation? Thanks in advance. Neil How about: Data|Validation|Custom: formula is: =OR(A1=0,A1="0",A1=".", SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(lower(A1),"r",""),&qu...

A strange problem with MFC
Hi, Rencently I met a strange problem. The code like below: CWinThread* pThread = AfxBeginThread(ThreadFunc, (LPVOID)this, THREAD_PRIORITY_NORMAL, 0, CREATE_SUSPENDED); if(pThread->m_hThread != NULL){ pThread->m_bAutodelete = FALSE; pThread->ResumeThread(); } After the statement "pThread->m_bAutodelete = FALSE" executed, I found the value of pThread->m_hThread is 0. While pThread->m_bAutodelete is still 1! The code section located in a win32 static library, with /Md option.The host application(exe) is a win32 console application, with /Md option. There...

Rules for Filtering Contacts
is there a way to make a rule that filters messages sent by contacts? I hope there's a way where I dont' have to add every contact individually, or have to update a distribution list every time I want a new contact. Thanks. I have a rule which contains nothing but: move it to the Unknown Origin folder except if sender is in contacts address book The use of contact in rules like this was new in Outlook XP, I believe. -- Steve Swift http://www.ringers.org.uk (Personal Webpage) http://hedgehog.farn.uk.ibm.com (IBM Internal - restricted) ...

OWA display problem #2
When any user connects to OWA using ie browser, the login is successful but the page only displays in text form (no icons - just box with red 'x') and no folders or mails are shown. Clicking on anything causes 'errors on page'. Any ideas? -- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This message has been checked for all known viruses. The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential and may be the subject of legal, professional or other privilege. It is intended ...

Outlook encounters a problem and shuts down.
I have had Outlook 2000 on this xp home machine for the last three months with no problems. On monday I came in and the error message was on the screen: "Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.". This message gives me the option to send or not. I have sent it three times. I can start Outlook back up and it will run for 3 to 5 minutes and then I get the same message and it closes. There was no one in the office over the weekend that would have messed with it. Just to make sure, I did a system restore back to the...

Outlook 2000 delivery problem
I keep getting this same error almost every time I send a message to a certain person. The address is valid but yet they aren't receiving my messages. Can anyone help? Here is the error.... The following addresses had delivery problems: ....@.com Persistent Transient Failure: Delivery time expired Delivery last attempted at 1 Mar 2004 14:47:18 +0000 Ashley <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > The following addresses had delivery problems: > > ...@.com > Persistent Transient Failure: Delivery time expired > Delivery last attempted at 1 Mar 2004 14:...

Filters
When I click on a column filter button and select "sort A to Z" the filter button picture changes to show an up or down arrow indicating that this column was sorted ascending or decending. I am using Excell 2007; I'm not sure this applies to previous versions. Is there a way to interrogate the filter or column to determine if the column filter is showing the up or down arrow indicating that it is sorted. Thanks for any help Fred ...

Widen Primary Column in Advanced Find
Within the Advanced Find view in an Account, we use Hospital Name as our primary column. The problem is that most hospital names are longer than usual. When we go in to customize the Advanced Find view to widen that column, the pixel settings are absent and it says, "This is the primary column. Its width is set automatically." How do we change this automatic setting so that we can see more of the Hospital Name? Make the other columns narrower - or fewer : ) "Bobby" <Bobby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8BCFABA0-5EA5-44BD-B338-0404BB811...

Filter email from malicious sender
Situation: Ex employee is sending email spoofed to look like it is sent from one of our HR reps. He is sending to random people in the organization. Need: Ability to have the email redirected to specific account and not reach the intended recipient. i.e. have the email redirected/forwarded to a certain account (legal or HR) and block the email from being delivered to original intended recipient. I don't think Exchange can do this without addition of a thrid party solution. If true, can anyone direct me to a package that can do this? There might be a few ways of doing this dep...

Filter Project tasks
How can you filter project tasks for Should have started/Finish by with % complete slipped with regards to current date -- dmg In article <C06D055A-F20B-4449-8E16-12CC36B45F82@microsoft.com>, dmg234 <dmg234@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can you filter project tasks > for > Should have started/Finish by with % complete slipped with regards to > current date dmg234, It's a little unclear as to what exactly you want. There is already a built-in filter for, "Should Start/Finish By...". How is what you want different? John...

Access "filters"
I have import data into an Excel 2007 spreadshee from a an Acess 2007 database table. Since I do not need them to be link I then deleted the "connection" However the "filer" drop downs remain on the table and the filter button is greyed out so I cannot remove them Any sugggestions The data might be in an Excel Table. Select a cell in the table, and on the Ribbon, click the Design tab, under Table Tools In the Tools group, click Convert to Range, then click OK to remove the query and table. Jim@aol.com wrote: > I have import data into an Excel 2007 spreadshee from...

StretchDIBits problem
Hello. I use the StretchDIBits function 5 time by second to display a 8 bits frame (800*640) in graylevel. The function return the right value 640. My problem appear after around 98000 call of this function the function called by a thread with ON_MESSAGE & PostMessage LRESULT CDisplayFrame::RefreshFrame(WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam){ m_stretchStatus=StretchDIBits(m_dispArea.GetDC()->m_hDC,\ 0,0,Coord.right - Coord.left, Coord.bottom - Coord.top,\ 0,0,WIDTH,HEIGHT,currentDisplayFrame, MyIH,DIB_RGB_COLORS,SRCCOPY); return (true); } If I put i...

Integration manager problem
I am trying to do bank transaction integration and have a table with header information and a separate table with the actual account information and debit and credit columns. It looks like when the join actually happens only one record is pulled up and the integration fails. Is there a way to preview the results of the relationship I have set up? I have the relationship type as 3 and the arrow is going from the header to the detail. All tables are sitting on an SQL server. ...

Matching Dates Problem
I have a date field in a report (data type is medium date i.e. 20- Feb-08) and a date control on a form (also in medium date format). I am trying to filter the report by date according to the date the user enters on the form. My problem is that when a user enters a date in the form control, the report is not filterd by that date, even though the dates and format are the same among the two documents. I have noticed in my VBA code that the date captured from the form control is given as "02/20/08" instead of "20-Feb-08". I am not sure if this is the problem but regardless,...