Address query

I would like to create a spreedsheet that will check street adresses entered
in an Excel spreadsheet against a master street index and then produce a new
result in a new column.  As an example if Post Street is in the master strret
index then the result in the new column is Zone 4.  If Birchwood Drive is in
the master street index then the result in the new coloum is Zone 3.  Any
suggestions?

Thanks,
--
Bob
0

On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 12:06:01 -0800, Bob <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I would like to create a spreedsheet that will check street adresses entered
>in an Excel spreadsheet against a master street index and then produce a new
>result in a new column.  As an example if Post Street is in the master strret
>index then the result in the new column is Zone 4.  If Birchwood Drive is in
>the master street index then the result in the new coloum is Zone 3.  Any
>suggestions?
>
>Thanks,

Check out VLOOKUP in HELP

--ron
0
ronrosenfeld (3122)

Address #2
Hello Is there a way to make outlook show the complete address that the mail was sent to instead of showing just the name of the receiver? If I have a contact with 2 emails (email address), and I click on his name in the email (that was sent by someone else), outlook opens the contact's details, but I don't know to which address the mail was sent to. Thanks! ...

Hyperlink to email address with attachment
Is it possible to insert a hyperlink in an Excel worksheet that creates an e-mail message with the originating Excel file as an attachment? Any help would be much appreciated. Not with a hyperlink or formula but with vba you can. You can access the vba by pressing alt+f11 when in a workbook. Here is a website to look at about emailing a worksheet... http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm Post your vba questions to microsoft.public.excel.programming. "blue_toon" wrote: > Is it possible to insert a hyperlink in an Excel worksheet that creates an > e-mail mess...

Send Incoming Mail to another email address
I need to know how I can have all my incoming mail automatically be sent to another email account address also. I have office 2000 You can create a Wizard Rule for this; Tools-> Wizard Rules -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "hitchcow" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:369d01c49d34$30d4a900$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I need to know how I can have all my incoming mail > automatically be sent to another em...

How to migrate the address book view?
In our testing Exchange 5.5 environment, we have a large number of address view set for use to search the GALs, DLs and contacts. However, I don't know how to migrate to Exchang 2003 server, would you tell me how to do that? Thank you ...

Pivot Query
Using Excel 2002, SP3, I have a large spreadsheet of data, laid out roughly as follows Project Name, Team Name, Service Provided, # of services provided (12 times for Jan thru Dec) Some of the teams provide only consultancy, whereas others provide consultancy and other deliverables as well, eg Apples, Bananas and Pears or Nuts, Bolts and Washers. What I would like to get is a report, by Team, listing the Projects and then the Deliverable (Consultancy, Apples, Bananas &/or Pears) and then the number for each month. I would like to get a "subtotal" of each deliverable for each tea...

Reply to All includes my address always, Annoying!
How in the heck do you make outlook email not include your email address when you do an reply all. I've looked everywhere. I'm sure it shouldn't be that hard. Everytime I reply I have to erase my email address out of the reply bar or I get the email I just sent. Office XP, Thanks. ...

Edit Update Query
How do i get into an already created Update Query in order to edit it? Open in Design View. -- Build a little, test a little. "dburrells" wrote: > How do i get into an already created Update Query in order to edit it? ...

Data entry Query
Hi I am trying to have a query open up (which later I will use as a form) so that I can do data entry, but because I am joining a table it does not allow me to add records (One to many relationship). The PartNumberTests_tbl table contains all tests pertaining to a specific part number. In the TestResults_tbl table I want to be able to add the results of each test that applies to the queried partnumber. I do not need to write anything to the PartNumberTests_tbl table since it is updated by the use of a form (adding or modifying test parameters for a specific part number) Can this be done...

SQL Server Query to Excel
Is there an easy way to accomplish the following? Over the past 6 months I have made modification to an Excel Workbook that resides on the File Server. I have added Field Names in the Final Version (which coincide with Field Names on SQL Server) that don't exist in earlier version of the Excel Workbook. Unfortunately, many users have copied the Master Workbook from the File Server down to their C Drive, and now the VBA code doesn't roll up the data correctly to SQL Server. Here's that I'd like to be able to do -- is there an easy way to have SQL Server query Excel and...

Query to divide.
Hi All, Can someone assist me with a query? I need field Expr1: [Results] to divide [Rate Total] by [Contracted Rate]. Rate Total and Contracted rates are in 2 seperate tables I brought into the query but can't seem to get the right syntax for the division. Help :-) Thanks, -- AndrewB. On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 08:47:04 -0800, AndrewB <drewjberry@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi All, > >Can someone assist me with a query? I need field Expr1: [Results] to >divide [Rate Total] by [Contracted Rate]. Rate Total and Contracted rates >are in 2 seperate tables I brought into...

Error in importing personal address into Contacts
I am getting a "this account or directory type already exists and cannot be specified twice" error when trying to bring my PAB into my contacts. When my Outlook 2000 account was migrated to Outlook 2002 my Contacts did not appear. I tried to bring them over using the "Tools-Email Accounts-Add new directory-Additional address-Outlook Address... but thats when the error comes up. In experimenting with removing the Outlook Address book and bringing it over, I get zero people in my Address book and zero in my Contacts. Any suggestions as to how to delete the Outlook a...

What is my Office Outlook Email address and how do I get the mail
I am having trouble setting up outlook and retreiving email from microsoft to verify registration. I need help with adding the email address I registered with microsoft as my outlook email address, what is IMAP and SMP email accounts and waht to I input there? Help...New User... contact your email provider to get the correct server information - many include directions for setting up outlook on their support pages. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? ht...

Downloading Address book.
why is it that I can download a new address book from send and recieve but my users can't. I am using Exchange 2003 Sp1 and Outlook 2003. error message? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Tyson" <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E12AEDFA-6616-4115-A037-D32B1E00900C@microsoft.com... > why is it that I can download a new address book from send and recieve but > my > users can't. > > I am using Exchange 2003 Sp1 and Outlook 2003. There is no error message. it just runs like it is downloading but any changes that I have made In AD do...

address book/contact list
I backed up all my Office 10 folders on external hard drive. How can I find the contact list? The contact list is part of your Outlook.pst file. Here is some excellent methods to backing up and restoring the file, including how to locate it: http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm This is an excellent and helpful Outlook site. You might want to bookmark it. It will cover most of the basic problems you might run into with Outlook. "Howard B" <Howard B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B227F5F5-C3DE-42AB-9306-886271B834D7@micr...

Update query help needed
DoCmd.RunSQl "UPDATE [tblCustomers] SET [LastOrderDate]=#" & Me.OrderDate & "#" How can I alter this query to include critera to only update a single record? I have this avaiable on the form this code is behind: me.CustomerID Any way to include that criteria in the above query? Thanks D DoCmd.RunSQl "UPDATE [tblCustomers] SET [LastOrderDate]=#" & Me.OrderDate & "# WHERE CustomerID = """ & me.CustomerID & """" OR if customerId is a number field DoCmd.RunSQl "UPDATE [tblCustomers] ...

How to get Address cards to be in order of First name and then last name (and not in "file as" order)?
Outlook2003/winXP Hi After persistent errors when downloading new emails, I have just copied my contacts across into a new PST file. The problem is that now in "Address Card" view some names are in "Last name, then first name" order, whereas many other entries are in "First name then last name" order. Looking more closely, if there is a comma between the names then it always shows the Lastname first. How do I stop this?! If I go to "Tools" > "email accounts" > V"iew or change existing directories or address book" there is ...

import null values as zeros in microsft query
I want to be able to add null values to total in a query column as zero or import nulls as zero so I can perfom calculations on them ...

Queries
Hello everyone! Please help. I am creating a Thank You Receipt and would like to create a query for those who donate only one time a year. Also I would like to link the name and addresses of the people. Thank you all so much. Hi how do you have your data stored. Please post some example data (plain text - no attachment please) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Therese wrote: > Hello everyone! Please help. I am creating a Thank You Receipt and > would like to create a query for those who donate only one time a > year. Also I would like to link the name and addresses ...

How can I set my Outlook 2007 to save email addresses when sent?
I would like for Outlook to remember email addresses that I send/reply to and give a predicted email addy of the recipient. Is this possible? See if any of this info helps you http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/addauto.asp TX Realtor wrote: >I would like for Outlook to remember email addresses that I send/reply to >and give a predicted email addy of the recipient. Is this possible? -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com ...

Email Address Type Ahead
Is there anyway to update the type ahead for a particular address? I have a user that has a customer that they email all the time and she types the first few letters and it populates it. That user has changed thier address. Now when the users types in the first few letters of that address, it pulls up the old one. If she selects the correct email address from the address book, it fills in the old address instead. Any way to fix this? Highlight the incorrect address and delete it. -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "mike@m...

DATE manipulation Query
I am trying to compare two date and display the value of the later date. Lets say I3 is 2-Feb-85 and D8 is 10-Mar-94. I have tried several variations on the following formula with no success: =IF(I3>D8,"=i3","=D8") In this instance all I see is i3 or D8 displayed. What I actually want is 10-Mar-94. I know I am buggering up the bit between the parentheses but playing with brackets etc doesn't help either. Presume I am missing something fundamental. --------- Rgds Mike Remove XXX to reply Don't play stupid with me, I'm better at it! WWW.Dead-Fish.Com...

Query a Access database that has a module from Excel
I'm very new to most SQL, VB, etc. and I think this is pretty simple so I hope someone can help!!! I have a database that I store all of my research data in, then I query it in Excel to do analysis. I've put in a function that I found from the Microsoft KnowledgeBase to find the minimum value across various fields in ONE record. However, when I try to query the database now it gives me a "Undefined function in expression" message. I've read around and now realize that the modules aren't part of the Microsoft Jet Database (or something like that!!) and thus c...

Depreciation issue with Fixed Assets
I am hearing that there is an issue with fixed asset module in GP from customers. Is this issue being solved by Microsoft? who at MS would have info? Issue below>>> The issue is the way GP handles depreciation expense in non-standard fiscal years – I’ll use a 7 month fiscal year for example. If a company changes from a 12-month fiscal period to a shorter period (say to align themselves to a 09/30/xx FY date) and the resulting ‘short-year’ is 7 months long, the Fixed Assets system will recalculate depreciation for all their assets for that short fiscal year. It will compress a...

Setting group members with same outgoing email address
I have a distribution group setup and I would like to set all members of this group to have the same outgoing email address. Is this possible? If so any ideas would be gratefully received. Dave You can give them Send As right on the group and they can manuially put that address in the From field every time they send a message. There's no automatic way to do what you want because each address can be applied to only one object in the directory. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Dave" <Dave Stars@discussions.micr...

Setting up an email address for CRM correctly so emails go out
Hi, Our business has just deployed CRM and we are at the stage now where we have all of our contacts and accounts on the database and would like to start using it to send out marketing emails, etc. I've poked around all the various email options but am stumbling at the first hurdle; the email addresses that have been associated with the CRM users are not actual functioning email addresses. As I didn't set up the system when it was first installed I don't know how the administrator set it up, but it seems that he has put these "dummy" addresses in for each CRM user which...