Adding Values From Different Tabs

Is there a way to add values from different tabs on the same
spreadsheet?

For example A2 from tab 1 and A2 from tab 2

--
Flipkid2
Flipkid2's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=17984

Assuming the name on Tab 1 is Sheet1 and Tab 2 is Sheet2, use thi
formula:

=Sheet1!A2+Sheet2!A2

note the name of the sheet is followed by "!" to indicate it is a shee
name.

HTH

Bruc

--
swatsp0

swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1510
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39818

one way:

    ='tab 1'!A2 + 'tab 2'!A2

(where "tab 1" and "tab 2" are the names of the worksheets in the same
workbook).

You could also use something like:

    =SUM('tab 1:tab 2'!A2)

Note that this formula will include any worksheets from tab 1 to tab 2,
left-to-right, inclusive, so if tab 3 were moved between tab 1 and tab
2, tab 3's A2 would be summed as well.

In article <Flipkid2.1u85qb_1124813110.3029@excelforum-nospam.com>,
 Flipkid2 <Flipkid2.1u85qb_1124813110.3029@excelforum-nospam.com>
 wrote:

> Is there a way to add values from different tabs on the same
> spreadsheet?
>
> For example A2 from tab 1 and A2 from tab 2
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
8/23/2005 4:52:49 PM
Thanks!!!

Worked perfectly

--
Flipkid2
Flipkid2's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=17984
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=398184

"tasks" tab in Project Web Access
Hello, I use MS Project Server 2003. When I assign task to some resource (user), and then I log in as this user to Project Web Access, and I go to the "tasks" tab - I can't see that tasks in tasks list. The list is empty. However, I can do (still in Project Web Access) "actions -> assign me to a new task". And then, when I assign a user to a new task in this way, this task is visible in tasks list. Why can't I normally see user's tasks in "tasks" tab in Project Web Access? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPar...

shared pop3 account with different outlook clients.
Hi! We are using different versions of Outlook. The versions used are Outlook Express 5.5, 6.0sp1 and Outlook 2000 and Outlook XP. The problem is a shared pop3 account, which all the clients receive (and leave a copy to). Some clients receive the mail properly, but some clients receive corrupt messages, i.e. messages with no subject and sender fields and a blank message body. Now, i found a corresponding KB article, but we dont have any IE 6.0:s installed. Is there any other software which might have that mlang.dll problem, or should i upgrade all browsers to 6.0SP1? Thanks in adv...

Disappearing cell values in Excel 2007
Hello all, I've recently been experiencing an issue where as I scroll through a spreadsheet rows of cell values will appear to be blank. When I select the cell, the value is still present in the formula bar but only reappears when I double click on the cell or scroll either up or down so that the cell is not shown and then scroll back to the cell. I've experienced this is file ranging in size from 400-700 KB and there doesn't seem to be a pattern as to what cells or rows it will affect at any given time. Is this most likely a memory issue? Thank you, Andrea On Thu, 5 Mar 2009 ...

Formatting tabs for pages and subpages
Is there a way to format the appearance of the tabs for pages and subpages? I'd like to use specific colors for different pages and groups. Also, is there a way to increase the size of the tabs either horizontally or vertically to accommodate a longer, more descriptive label. On 19/02/2010 2:29 AM, hmbsport wrote: > Is there a way to format the appearance of the tabs for pages and subpages? > I'd like to use specific colors for different pages and groups. Unfortunately, no. Also, is > there a way to increase the size of the tabs either horizontally or > ...

Tab Control flicker problem
Hello. I have a tabcontrol that has four dialogs added to it at runtime. I have overridden OnEraseBackground(returning true) and I am drawing to a memdc in OnPaint. The problem is that when clicking from tab to tab there is still a flicker when one dialog dissapears and the new one appears ..Is there something I am missing.... Dominic Who's OnEraseBackground are you overriding? the dialogs or the tabctrl. Who is the parent of the dialogs, if the parent of the dialogs is not the tab, then pass the pointer to the tab ctrl to the child dialog as the parent window, that should solve your p...

Password different using RetrieveGlobals
Hi, I'm experiencing a weird problem when using RetrieveGlobals. The connection string from retrieveuserinfo is showing totally different password from what I used to login so I can't the connection to run any queries. The only account in which the password match is for "sa" account but not if I login using any other valid accounts. Have anyone experienced this issue and/or know a solution? TIA John. ------=_NextPart_0001_0D6BE0B7 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi John I am assuming that you are using Retrieveglobals.dll with Great Plai...

data validation fonts differ in drop down box
I am using Excel 2003. I have a group of cells with a data validation "list". That list contains 3 options -- check mark, "X", and "box" -- in Webdings. When you click the drop down box to make a selection the options are in alpha-numeric characters (Arial font(?)) and not Webdings. So my "check mark" becomes an "a" and my "X" becomes an "r". How can I get the drop down box to display the same font as the one in the list? Both the drop down box cells and the "list" cells are formatted with the...

SendObject behavior different after today's Windows XP updates
A client who runs XP and has been using Access2003 successfully for several years installed 3 WIndows updates today and, afterwords, code I wrote which emails orders to a distributor stopped working. In fact, any use of SendObject seems to be broken. The particular thing that happens is that it says the MS Office 2003 license expired in 2006 and he needs to either enter a product key or pay to upgrade the product. We are both assuming it means ACCESS. If he then clicks cancel on the screen wanting him to upgrade , he gets the text of the email that access generates on his s...

student language tools tab in word 2007
Hi, My niece uses office home and student 2007 (especially word) at school and it is also installed at home on the pc...but she says that there is tab that is missing from the home pc, it is student language tools which shows all the french accents, so when she types a word that requires an accent she clicks on it and the accent automatically goes into the word...does anybody know where to enable this? My guess is that this is provided by an add-in or other customization on the school system. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama...

CMFCPropertyGridCtrl
Hi All, I have an MFC application with a TreeView and a CDockablePane Properties Window. When I select a tree item - I display its properties in the properties window. That works. But I don't know how to change the tree item properties when I change the values in the properties window. My problem is in getting the values from the properties grid. I tried to override EndEditItem method like this: BOOL CMyMFCPropertyGridCtrl::EndEditItem(BOOL bUpdateData) { CMFCPropertyGridProperty* currProperty = GetCurSel(); if(currProperty) { //I don't like this implementa...

How do I display a text message when a cell has a certain value??
Hi, I have a cell where if the cell is empty (A1=0), then I would like the cell to display "Enter your value here." Otherwise, I would like the cell to display the value a person enters. I have tried using an if/then/else statement and, understandably, I get a circular reference error: =IF(A1=0,"Enter your value here",A1) Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks! Why not just enter the text itself? The value entered by the user will displace (replace) it. This should work if the form is a template. -- HTH, RD ===================================================...

assigning a null value of a date field to a date variable
Hi, At some point in the execution of my program I open a dialog box were the user is supposed to enter some info. Among other things he is asked to enter a date in a textbox, but this is optional. When I try to assign this date to a date variable I get the message “Invalid use of null” in the case the user has not filled in any date. If I use the Nz function, a value of 0 is assigned to the date and this later shows as December 30 1899 which I don’t want. How can I deal with this situation? Thanks in advance, George You cannot assign the Null value to a VBA variable of type Date. ...

Replace Option Group Value from form with text in report header
Hi all, Question: How can I convert the numerical option group value from a form to a string value and place it in the control source of a textbox in a report header? I have a form used to 'build' reports: users choose a query, a report, and then the rest of the controls on the form are used to build a 'where' clause for the DoCmd.OpenReports statement attached to a command button which opens the report based on all the user's choices. I've tried creating a variable on the report in the declarations area and then using a select case statement in the 'open&...

Adding text to a vlookup cell
Can a cell be edited if the contents are the result of a vlookup function and still keep the rseults? I have 2003 on an XP Pro PC. My formula is =IF(A4<>"",VLOOKUP(A4,InvDetail!$A$2:$B$3000,2,FALSE),"") I trying to create an availability list for our customers but need to add comments to the end of some items. I know I can add another column but the customers are used to the comment being after the item description and space on the page is limited. Thanks, Lee Coleman If you're talking about entering comments manually, then you'd need to concatenate th...

Reverse the order of values
Office XP. I am trying to reverse the values in a column of cells from positive to negative & neg to pos. Excel HELP tells me to go to the FORMAT menu & click Selected Axis then click the Scale tab. These options are not listed on the FORMAT menu. I tried going to the TOOLS menu & selecting CUSTOMIZE but I can't find where to add Selected Axis & Scale. Am I in the right place? Put -1 in an empty cell, copy it, then select the entire set of data and do Edit / paste Special / Multiply. Negs will turn pos and pos will turn neg, zero unaffected. -- Regards ...

Mailbox in a different AD forest
Hi all We've just created a second Active Directory forest "domain3" (win2k3) on our network and setup a 2-way trust with our exisiting domain "domain2.domain1" which contains an Exchange 2003 server. Can I setup mailboxes for the domain3 users in the domain2.domain1 Exchange server? Ideally I do not want to create disabled accounts in domain2.domain1and then associate their mailboxes with accounts in domain3, or deploy an Exchange server in domain3. I just want to host the domain3/user mailbox on the domain2.domain1 Exch2k3 server. So far I haven't read an...

Two identical formulas for a different result?
Hello everyone, :) A very quick question, but nonetheless very intriguing to me (I jus lost 4h on that :( ) I don't understand why my first formula works, and the second and thir don't. {=SUM(IF(FiscYear="2003",IF(IncomeFeeID="RB",Amount,0),0))} =SUMPRODUCT((FiscYear="2003")*(IncomeFeeID="RB")*Amount) (result is #value) =SUMPRODUCT((FiscYear="2003")*(IncomeFeeID="RB"),Amount) (this one could work too I thought, but result in a 0) I am simply trying to sum (amount) when the fiscal year is 2003 an IncomeFeeId is RB......

How do i select different cells to be use in a formula.
Hi I need to know how to select different cells to be used in a formula, but i don't know what is the separator that i need to use to this, see the example bellow Cells that i need to include on my formula: A1 C5 BH32 Thanks. Hi you didn't mention what formula but here's a starting point: =AVERAGE(A1,C5,BH32) or depending on your regional settings =AVERAGE(A1;C5;BH32) hope this helps Cheers JulieD "Manuel" <Manuel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A855A562-725C-4B10-B111-A88F7A767122@microsoft.com... > Hi > > I need to know ho...

BUG?: Excel scatter chart: will not plot x-values
I am trying to make a simple scatter plot. There are two columns of data. Excel will not plot values on the x- axis, only categories. I have entered the ranges for x and y values correctly, and the chart wizard shows it; yet, the chart comes out with the x-axis showing only the points numbered in the order they are entered in the spreadsheet. Oddly enough, if only one y-value is included, it plots properly; the x-axis correctly shows the range of x-values entered, and the single data point shows up at its proper xy location. as soon as I expand the y-range to more points, the x-axis r...

Do not display Value label if value = zero
Hi I am putting together a pie chart, where values for some slices is 'zero'. The zero slice is not visible, but the label still appears '0%'. Is there any way of suppressing this label for the zero slice only (so the other slices still have value labels appearing) ? Many thanks for any help Format label, custom format: #;;; -- Best Regards, Luke M "LFNFan" <LFNFan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC677569-1FB1-4108-8535-C5BDC6E1B825@microsoft.com... > Hi > > I am putting together a pie chart, where values ...

User Manager -> Adding Users
Has anyone else seen the case where each Active Directory user is listed twice in the Import Users Wizard in the Deployment manager? Rick. ...

Product key for different language
Just ordered a second copy of Office 2004 for Mac and with the shipment confirmation of the shop I have noticed that I have ordered the wrong language version and not the English one. As I already have a copy of the English Office 2004 I was wondering if it is possible to use the product key from the new non-english version for an installation from the english cd. In other words: can I use (technically and legally) the license which I have bought now to install a second copy of the english version or do I have to return the non-english version to swap it for the english one? I would ra...

Inventory values in HQ
The computer with one of our store databases was stolen (we have 7 stores total). Our inventory dept. does a monthly audit for each store and at the end of the month uses a 501 worksheet to upload latest Store inventory numbers. After the theft, I have successfully restored the store database from HQ, however, are the numbers in HQ the same as the inventory in the store before the theft? Our Inventory Control Dept. manager doesn't want to trust the numbers at HQ because he says that since no 501 worksheet was made just before the theft that he doesn't trust HQ inventory values for the...

Run macro based on cell value in worksheet
Does anyone know of a way to do run a macro based on a cell value. EG i cell A1 = 0, dont run macro - otherwise run macro -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Does anyone know of a way to do run a macro based on a cell value. EG i cell A1 = 0, dont run macro - otherwise run macro. below macro will run your code is cell a1 is anything but 0. Do you want the macro to run automatically if a different value i inputted into cell a1, or are you happy for the user to run the macr manually? (if automatically, more code is required) sub Macro 1 () if cells(1,1) = 0 then exit sub &...

default combo box value based on most recent record
Hi, I'm working on a database for financial planning. A client could have many plans written over time and it would be best if the same plan writer prepared them. How would I get the Plan Writer combo box value to default to be the same as last time for a particular client. I don't want to simply assign a plan writer to a client, thats not very flexible. My database has a Plan table with lookups for Client and PlanWriter. The Plan table is used as the record source for a form. So, if the most recent record for Fred Flintstone has Barney Rubble listed as the Plan Writer, the next ...