Adding up weekly totals

Hi I'm new to excel and was wondering how to add up the total for each
week, automatically so for example:

Week Number 	Date	Total For Day
42	18/10/2003	31.72
42	17/10/2003	148.64
42	16/10/2003	229.13
42	15/10/2003	276.12
42	14/10/2003	336.01
42	13/10/2003	224.44
41	11/10/2003	58.76
41	10/10/2003	186.23
41	09/10/2003	353.67
41	08/10/2003	210.32
41	07/10/2003	297.26
41	06/10/2003	205.04
40	04/10/2003	103.4
40	03/10/2003	162.73
40	02/10/2003	273.17
40	01/10/2003	205.62
40	30/09/2003	348.14
40	29/09/2003	348.39
...             ...                             ...

That would be part of the table, and for each of the weeks I would need
to add up the corresponding total for days to get the total for the
Week.

Hi

Try using Data/Subtotal.

Andy.

"alvinuk" <alvinuk.vp4fc@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hi I'm new to excel and was wondering how to add up the total for each
> week, automatically so for example:
>
> Week Number Date Total For Day
> 42 18/10/2003 31.72
> 42 17/10/2003 148.64
> 42 16/10/2003 229.13
> 42 15/10/2003 276.12
> 42 14/10/2003 336.01
> 42 13/10/2003 224.44
> 41 11/10/2003 58.76
> 41 10/10/2003 186.23
> 41 09/10/2003 353.67
> 41 08/10/2003 210.32
> 41 07/10/2003 297.26
> 41 06/10/2003 205.04
> 40 04/10/2003 103.4
> 40 03/10/2003 162.73
> 40 02/10/2003 273.17
> 40 01/10/2003 205.62
> 40 30/09/2003 348.14
> 40 29/09/2003 348.39
> ..             ...                             ...
>
> That would be part of the table, and for each of the weeks I would need
> to add up the corresponding total for days to get the total for the
> Week.

andy2763 (218)
10/22/2003 10:26:12 AM
Looks like you have a data table expanding downward (currently say A1:C100)
With your cursor anywhere inside the table at the menu click on Data,
Subtotals...
and select 1) Each Change in Week Number, 2) Sum  3)Check Total For Day, if
not already checked. then OK
Note the "1,2,3" in the Upper Left corner of your screen; Click on the "2"
object to view the second totaling level; there the system will give you
totals "By Week Number".
HTH

"alvinuk" <alvinuk.vp4fc@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hi I'm new to excel and was wondering how to add up the total for each
> week, automatically so for example:
>
> Week Number Date Total For Day
> 42 18/10/2003 31.72
> 42 17/10/2003 148.64
> 42 16/10/2003 229.13
> 42 15/10/2003 276.12
> 42 14/10/2003 336.01
> 42 13/10/2003 224.44
> 41 11/10/2003 58.76
> 41 10/10/2003 186.23
> 41 09/10/2003 353.67
> 41 08/10/2003 210.32
> 41 07/10/2003 297.26
> 41 06/10/2003 205.04
> 40 04/10/2003 103.4
> 40 03/10/2003 162.73
> 40 02/10/2003 273.17
> 40 01/10/2003 205.62
> 40 30/09/2003 348.14
> 40 29/09/2003 348.39
> ..             ...                             ...
>
> That would be part of the table, and for each of the weeks I would need
> to add up the corresponding total for days to get the total for the
> Week.

jmay (696)

Adding Space Between Rows?
I've imported a vocabulary list from Word into Excel, with one entry per cell in column A, and I want to put a little space between the rows for readability. In this case, I can't insert blank rows between the entry rows because of the contents of another column. Is there a way to make Excel increase the cell padding? Thanks to anyone who can help solve this quandary. P.S. I'm using Excel 2000 in Windows XP. "Joshua" <givetheword@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:10n3pmpdk2p5ne8@corp.supernews.com... > I've imported a vocabulary list from Word into ...

is the info in AD or Exchange?
Hi, Is the existence and location of mailboxes kept in AD or in Exchange? So if, for example a user's mailbox location was changed and then Exchange restored with a backup done before the move - will it work? Will the mailbox be moved back to the old location or will the restore fail? Thanks, Peter On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 19:58:17 +0700, Peter Kaufman <peterkhub-usenet@yahoo.ca> wrote: >Hi, > >Is the existence and location of mailboxes kept in AD or in Exchange? >So if, for example a user's mailbox location was changed and then >Exchange restored with a backup don...

Error when adding an Attribute i CRM 3.0
Hi. I know this is a long shot, and it can be a million things. But suddenly I can't add Custom Attributes to the database. The dialog after "save" is: "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator". I have set the "<add key="DevErrors" value="On"/>" and hoped that the dialog box would tell me more. But I got the same message. There is no problem in adding existing fields to existing forms, and I can publish then without any problems. Any ideas? Best regards and thanks for your h...

I'm using the mileage log., How do I total all the mileage?
This is the first time that I'm using the Mileage Log, How do I get the total> Insert a row at bottom of existing log sheet below row 34. In Mileage column J35 enter =SUM(J7:J34) Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 15:14:09 -0700, ricaislandgirl <ricaislandgirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >This is the first time that I'm using the Mileage Log, How do I get the total> Or look in E4 for the formula =SUM(J7:J34) If you are using the mileage log found here. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC060884581033.aspx?pid=CT101440991033&AxIns...

help on adding a commandbar using VB com addin
Adding Commandbar to the New Mail message Inspector Window I was trying to add a new tool bar and also customize my new toolbar t automatically contain some commands programmatically. I wanna write COM add-in to OutLook that adds a new toolbar to the OutLook' Toolbar. This tool bar should apear only in new mail window. There are two commands(buttons) by name "Digitally sign Message" an "Encrypt Message Contents and Attachments". These are present in the Tools -> Customize -> Commands -> I categories select Standard -> on the Right side, if you scroll do...

Adding the values on even rows/odd rows.
please refer to this post to prevent dupilcates http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=322724 Huh? Dave. ...

Outlook2003 added an extra header into my mail !
the mail can be received with outlook express with no problem and the header is ok. but when i am using outlook2003 to received mail, outlook2003 somehow add an extra header at the bottom of the mail like this From: <VSIFAX@xxx.com.hk> To: <VSIFAX@xxx.com.hk> Subject: PLS DO NOT REPLY DIRECTLY. Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 16:25:43 +0800 Message-ID: <20070806082543.6493D1B8011B@m... MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Mailer: Microsoft Office Outlook 11 X-Original-To: xxx@xx.xxx.com X-Virus-Scanned: amavisd-new ...

DPM 2010RC Adding Disks to DPM Manager
I have an 11TB Raid on my DPM server. It is GPT and formated NTFS. I can add the drive to DPM via DPM Managment, however it tells me it has 0KB of free space. Am I missing something simple here? It shouldn't be formatted, no drive letter either. You should see it in diskmgmt.msc, but not in My Computer for example. Then add to DPM pool, DPM will format it when it creates volumes for your different workloads or protection groups. Hope that helps, I seem to remember that some time ago. ------------------------------------------------------- "GeekEGuy" wrote: ...

Printing running totals automatically
I have a long list of items which do not fit on one page. What I want to do is print the list with the total for that page at the end and the total from the previous page at the bottom. Is there a way to obtain this automatically without having to split the pages onself and do the formula for each page? Thanks There's nothing built into excel that allows you to do this. xe3l wrote: > > I have a long list of items which do not fit on one page. What I want to do > is print the list with the total for that page at the end and the total from > the previous page at the bot...

Totals on a Report
I created a report with fields that I would like to have row totals and column totals. For Example: Date field1 field2 field3 xxxxx 7/1 1 5 8 14 7/2 4 10 2 16 5 15 10 30 Please Help. As a side question...how do I change my display name?????? I figured it out...Thanks "Summing multiple fields on a form" wrote: > I created a report with fields that I would like to have row totals and > column totals. For Example: > Date field1 field2 field3 xxxxx > 7/1 1 5 ...

adding racing times
I have a horse racing hobby and I'm trying to figure out how to add some times. Since Horses are timed in fifths of a second i am having some trouble. Example: 28 4/5 (currently I type 28.4) + 28 4/5 (28.4) = 57 3/5 but excel gets 56.8 because it adds in tenths. I know i can manually type in 28.8 + 28.8 and then convert back fifths and get the right answer but I like to copy the info verbatim from the racing paper...any suggestions? Thank you, this is my first time here and new to excel. --- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ If you type 28 4/5 you can do the ...

graph totals
How do I display totals within the graph data table without those figures showing up in the graph The data table won't display totals. However, you could show the totals with the X axis label: In the data source table, insert a row between the X Axis labels, and the first row of data. In the cell below the first label, enter a formula that refers to the cell with the label, and the cell with the total, e.g.: =B1 & CHAR(10) & B8 Copy this formula across to the last column of data. Select the chart Choose Chart>Source Data On the Series tab, for Category (X) axis label...

Does Exchange Server 2003 require AD?
Hi all! I was wondering if Active Directory is a requirement for Exchange 2003.. or can you just install it on a server in a network with no AD set up? Thanks for any information. Ooo Ooo oOO!!! I know this one!! AD is required :) tsc "San Diego Guy" <sandiegguy@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:sf4ud.40$ve.22@fed1read06... > Hi all! > > I was wondering if Active Directory is a requirement for Exchange 2003.. > or can you just install it on a server in a network with no AD set up? > > Thanks for any information. San Diego Guy wrote: > Hi all! &...

Formatting a # to auto + 1 when adding new info- not autonumber th
Hi all~ Sorry I am slow with all this and don't know VBA...I have a table that currently has a field name "CI#" with the data type as "number" with a format of "0000"- when I enter items into the form based on this table, I always manually enter the numbers (the numbers are YYNN)...I would like it to automatically add "+1" to it. I understand from reading changing this to autonumber is bad. So how do I do this? Thank you so much, Sarah Sarah Search on-line for "Custom Autonumber". The general gist is that you'...

Adding VLOOKUPS across multiple worksheets
Hi, I am trying to add several VLOOKUP results obtained from data in several worksheets. My formula is : - =VLOOKUP(A5,'Common Costs - Budget'!A5:X74,2,FALSE)+VLOOKUP(A5,'Brighton - Budget'!A5:X53,2,FALSE)+VLOOKUP(A5,'Hove - Budget'!A5:X56,2,FALSE) I have several worksheets all with similar budget information on and, for example, I need to all the payroll costs from each of the sheets. Not all the sheets will always have costs on so I was thinking of doing lookups and adding them together but I just keep getting the #N/A result. Is there a way to...

Adding Contacts When Replying
I am using OL2003 and I do not seem to be able to figure out how to add senders' email addresses to my contact list or address book when I reply to their message. Other than MapiLab, are there any other good Add-Ins or Third Party Utilities that will automatically add senders to my contact list or address book when I reply to their message? Thanks! Steve Forrestor gfr92y at yahoo dot com Please see my response to your post in another group. --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Micr...

Adding a line after a date
I have a file that I am trying to sort and add a line between years. This file is 36,000 lines long and holds multiple records by a specific identifyer. The problem is I have multiple records per year and I only want the file to put a break after each year not each date. Please help! :-) Thanks in advance Use a helper column with this formula copied down, then Copy > Pastespecial > Values to get rid of the formula......then do your line-insertion based on this column..... =YEAR(A1) Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Mpls501sMan" <Mpls501sMan@discussions.microsoft....

adding rows to excel table
I have created an inventory table with about 500 rows (one per item). Now, I need to add five blank rows after each already entered row. These 5 new rows contain a formula that is constant throughout the whole thing. Is there a way to do this without manually adding them one by one? can't i just create one set of the new rows including the formula and tell the program to insert it after each existing row? haystack here is a macro that will insert 5 blank lines after every row something similar can be done to insert formulas as required or to copy a range and paste it into t...

Adding contacts to a distribution group
I want to add an entire category of contacts to a distribution group without clicking on each individual contact. Or... select many contacts and save to a distribution group. Help! Why not use categories to create a dynamic distribution lists? If you make a view with just the email addresses in it, you can copy the rows and paste into the address field of the DL - see http://www.slipstick.com/Tutorials/create/dl.asp - -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook T...

Ver 10-Adding a new GL account message
Hi Folks Does anyone know how to permanently switch off the message that appears if you are adding a new GL account and you a defining a segment that has not been created in segment maintenance? I'd like to be able to switch off that prompt permanantly at a few clients as they do not want to make use of that functionality. This message also causes havoc when adding new account via Integration Manager. Many thanks Sheila The message already have "Don't Show" checkbox, right?! -- Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - ...

exchange 2k3 and AD
hi, i have 2 domain's thet one of them old's the exchange(the rols are in the other domain). latly i have some pro' with the replication of the AD, and i decide to remove the AD from the server thet olds the exchange. my Q is : will the remove of the AD reflect or demage the exchange? will it reconnect to the other domain? then'x yuval. On Sat, 28 May 2005 10:05:29 +0200, "Yuval ben-david" <yuval@telecode.co.il> wrote: >hi, > >i have 2 domain's thet one of them old's >the exchange(the rols are in the other domain). >latly i have so...

Printing only added items on Orders
Hello all, this is my first post, I'm new to GP. (Pro ver 9..) If an Order has already printed, and I add additional line items, is there a way to print ONLY items that have not been printed prior, on the Pick ticket and Packing list ? For example: I create Order for one item, print. Add another item later, print, only want the second line item to print. Add another line later, print, only want that third item to print. Is that an option I can select ? Thanks !! More info.... SImilar to what is available from the "Print Sales Doscuments" window, where it allows you to s...

Total Control of this Forum
One of the Admins is Asian. He has a problem when Western people tell him truth in his hypocrytical face: fact of not being made in USA robs us of jobs. This guy can't stand criticism of unfair trade, with aritifically devalued Yen. So what doe she do? HE DELETES ANY POSTING FROM THIS NEWSGROUPS, which doesn't suit this Control Freak. Someone posted about Acer laptops, being trash. He couldn't take it, he deleted the post and subsequent responses. I swear this boy is Chinese. When will you Americans wake up & smell the rotting carcass of your future ec...

Is AD required for exchange 2000?
Running exchange 5.5 on a Win2K server in a NT4 domain. In this scenerio, can i upgrade exchange to 2000, or is AD required? thanks. Tito Yes, AD is required for Exchange 200x. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------- "Tito Madrid" <tito_madrid@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OXdGq4PAGHA.3496@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Running exchange 5.5 on a Win2K server in a NT4 domain. In this scenerio, > can i upgrade exchange to 2000, or is AD required? > > thanks. > > Tito > > ...

Adding Popup Box
I am wanting to add a box that pops up when i click on a report. When i click on Drilling Invoice (name of report) i want it to have a box that asks "Date of Invoice" "Rig Name" and when i click enter, the report comes up with all of the invoices with that date and with that rig name... I already have it to where i have to type in the beginning date..click enter. then another box pops up with ending date, enter ending date..click enter. then rig name pops up... how can i make all of these on the same box? On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 14:26:53 GMT, stephendeloach wrote: > I a...