Adding to IF statements

For some reason I can't add these two IF statements together

[=IF(AM7="Put"&AN7<$K$2;$K$2-AN7;AN7-$K$2)]
[=IF(AM7="Call"&AN7>$K$2;$K$2-AN7;AN7-$K$2)]
0
Dubbs (6)

"Dubbs" wrote:

> For some reason I can't add these two IF statements together
>
> [=IF(AM7="Put"&AN7<$K$2;$K$2-AN7;AN7-$K$2)]
> [=IF(AM7="Call"&AN7>$K$2;$K$2-AN7;AN7-$K$2)]

Also, why does this discussion board change my formula?  I cut and pasted
the formula from the cell but when it appears on this dicussion board it
writes out quot for " ".  How can I post my formula exactly the way I have it
in my excel fille?
0
Dubbs (6)
7/5/2005 7:43:03 PM
One way:

    =ABS($K$2-$AN$7)*(1-2*(AM7="Call"))

In article <6BB1FF49-146B-4FA0-B9B6-AEC97A53E5EE@microsoft.com>,
 "Dubbs" <Dubbs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> For some reason I can't add these two IF statements together
>
> [=IF(AM7="Put"&AN7<$K$2;$K$2-AN7;AN7-$K$2)]
> [=IF(AM7="Call"&AN7>$K$2;$K$2-AN7;AN7-$K$2)]
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
7/5/2005 8:03:38 PM
=if(or(and(AM7="Put",AN7<&$K$2),and(AM7="Call",AN7>$K$2));$K$2-AN7:AN7-$K$2)

"Dubbs" wrote:

> For some reason I can't add these two IF statements together
>
> [=IF(AM7="Put"&AN7<$K$2;$K$2-AN7;AN7-$K$2)]
> [=IF(AM7="Call"&AN7>$K$2;$K$2-AN7;AN7-$K$2)]
0
BJ (832)
7/5/2005 8:22:09 PM
Sorry it didnt work.  It said there was an error with the formula.  Two
questions, do I have the wrong version of excel? and why does this discussion
group not show exactly what the formulas are.  For example your formula
writes out: AM7="Put"&amp. Why doesnt it just show the formula that I am
going to enter into the cell?

"bj" wrote:

> =if(or(and(AM7="Put",AN7<&$K$2),and(AM7="Call",AN7>$K$2));$K$2-AN7:AN7-$K$2)
>
> "Dubbs" wrote:
>
> > For some reason I can't add these two IF statements together
> >
> > [=IF(AM7="Put"&AN7<$K$2;$K$2-AN7;AN7-$K$2)]
> > [=IF(AM7="Call"&AN7>$K$2;$K$2-AN7;AN7-$K$2)]
0
Dubbs (6)
7/5/2005 9:24:02 PM
The discussion board distorts the formula and I can't decipher it.  When I
hit reply to this message the format of the formula went back to how it
should read.  I copied and pasted
=if(or(and(AM7="Put",AN7<&$K$2),and(AM7="Call",AN7>$K$2));$K$2-AN7:AN7-$K$2)
but it said there is a problem with the formula

"Dubbs" wrote:

> Sorry it didnt work.  It said there was an error with the formula.  Two
> questions, do I have the wrong version of excel? and why does this discussion
> group not show exactly what the formulas are.  For example your formula
> writes out: AM7="Put"&amp. Why doesnt it just show the formula that I am
> going to enter into the cell?
>
> "bj" wrote:
>
> > =if(or(and(AM7="Put",AN7<&$K$2),and(AM7="Call",AN7>$K$2));$K$2-AN7:AN7-$K$2)
> >
> > "Dubbs" wrote:
> >
> > > For some reason I can't add these two IF statements together
> > >
> > > [=IF(AM7="Put"&AN7<$K$2;$K$2-AN7;AN7-$K$2)]
> > > [=IF(AM7="Call"&AN7>$K$2;$K$2-AN7;AN7-$K$2)]
0
Dubbs (6)
7/6/2005 3:41:06 PM
"Dubbs" <Dubbs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "Dubbs" wrote:

> > Sorry it didnt work.  It said there was an error with the formula.  Two
> > questions, do I have the wrong version of excel? and why does this
discussion
> > group not show exactly what the formulas are.  For example your formula
> > writes out: AM7="Put"&amp. Why doesnt it just show the formula that I am
> > going to enter into the cell?
> >
> > "bj" wrote:

=if(or(and(AM7="Put",AN7<&$K$2),and(AM7="Call",AN7>$K$2));$K$2-AN7:AN7-$K$2)

> The discussion board distorts the formula and I can't decipher it.  When I
> hit reply to this message the format of the formula went back to how it
> should read.  I copied and pasted

=if(or(and(AM7="Put",AN7<&$K$2),and(AM7="Call",AN7>$K$2));$K$2-AN7:AN7-$K$2)
> but it said there is a problem with the formula

Try:
=IF(OR(AND(AM7="Put",AN7<$K$2),AND(AM7="Call",AN7>$K$2)),$K$2-AN7,AN7-$K$2)
--
David Biddulph

If statements within Array formulas
I'm putting together a crosstab report using an array formula, th formula is as follows {=SUM(IF($A3&D$2&CC_Choice=HYP&date&CC,Amount))} This basically produces a cost centre report for the Cost Centre Choic by account code by month. I now wish to add an extra field of selection, by Business Unit, if BU is selected a cost centre would not be selected so the CC-Choic field will be blank, and vice versa. Is it possible to put an If statement into the above formula t determine if the report is by CC or BU. My best attempt involves having a IF statement that checks i...

Adding two fields to a table
I current have the following code which works perfectly now: [CODE]CurrentDb.Execute "INSERT INTO [Input] ([Loc_Desc]) VALUES (""" & Me. List12 & """)", dbFailOnError[/CODE] I would however like to add another field's information named (Lnd_Desc) as well in the same row of table (Input). What should my syntax look like for that one. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200705/1 INSERT INTO [Input] ([Loc_Desc], [Other Column]) VALUES (""" & Me.List12 & ...

Ad possible merge with Echane running
Here is my situation: I have a 2003 AD running without exchange with the name of public.com I have a 2003 AD with Echange hosted offsite with a name of domain.public.com. It is not a parent child they are sep. forests. I want to get the exchange serer and my corp to be on the same domain. Currently I have to create accounts on both sides and its a management headache. So I am going to have a hardware VPN between corp and the hosted server. Now here is the fun part. With the exception of maybe four users... All the users in my corp domain have accounts on the hosted domain with an ex...

Adding Address To Address Book When Sending
Is it possible to have an address added to the address automatically book when sending or replying to a message. Am using Outlook 2007. Thanks. Vic Not natively. No current version of Outlook has such a feature. You can create code or use third party utilities to do that however. More information here: http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/addauto.htm http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/autoaddrecip.htm All recipients are added to your autocompletion cache, however. -- Russ Valentine "Victor" <victorj@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:pb0ai51n4r24vq9i4sdomrtn...

Adding VAT to Quotes in CRM
Hi, I am a new user to CRM and want to start using the application to generate quotes. Does anyone know where I can set the tax rate to that I can display VAT? Also, am I right in thinking that I can use Microsoft Word to generate the output form for the quote to display? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Kind Regards James Hi James depends how sophisticated you want this to be.... at a simple level you can include some javascript to calculate vat and populate this automatically into a field on the CRM form. Managing VAT is of course a potentially complex area given different...

If And Statement
Hello, Can someone please tell my why this code will not open the Reminder form when StopTime is blank for the tech selected? It goes straight to the GenInfo form. If IsNull(Forms!fttWorkLogHiddenOpen!StopTime) & _ (Forms!fttWorkLogHiddenOpen!CboTech) = Forms!fttswitchboard!CboTech Then DoCmd.OpenForm "fttWorkLogReminder", , , "tech='" & Forms!fttswitchboard!CboTech & "'" Else DoCmd.OpenForm "fGenInfoTT", , , "jobnumber=" & Me!JobNumber End If Thanks in advance. Pam You need to use And, no...

IF Statements #17
I am trying to find a way to use an IF statement in a way in which I'm not sure it was meant to be used in excel, but maybe someone can help me work it out. What I need to do is assign a cell a different number according to what range another cell's number falls into. For example if the number that is entered into cell D1 falls between 1.5 and 1.8, I need a 7 to be placed in cell D2. BUT, if that number falls between 2.3 and 2.7, I need a 5 to be placed in cell D2. In all I have 9 ranges on numbers that dictate what number should be place into cell D2. Is there a way to do ...

If Formula , Adding Days to a Date
A B 1 06/06/10 I want to make a formula that calculate as following; in Cell (B1) if the date in future the result will be [Enrolled], if not it will be Cell (A1) + 730 Days On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 02:14:01 -0700, Khalid A. Al-Otaibi <KhalidAAlOtaibi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > A B >1 06/06/10 > >I want to make a formula that calculate as following; > >in Cell (B1) if the date in future the result will be [Enrolled], if not it >will be Cell (A1) + 730 Days Try this formula in cell B1: =IF(A1>TODAY(), "[En...

Outlook 2003 Crashes when adding item to Calendar
Hi, My Outlook 2003 crashes every time I try to add an item to either my local calendar or a public folder calendar. I've tried repairing and then re-installing outlook but have had no joy. Any ideas? Regards, Aidan webmaster, you wrote on Thu, 29 Sep 2005 09:49:48 +0100: > My Outlook 2003 crashes every time I try to add an item to either my local > calendar or a public folder calendar. > > I've tried repairing and then re-installing outlook but have had no joy. > > Any ideas? Close Outlook, search for the file "FRMCACHE.DAT" on your compute...

Pivot Table Calculated Formula If statement
Hi all, In a pivot table I am trying to add this formula: In the insert calculated field-->Formula field i type =IF('FIELD NAME'="STRING TO COMPARE", 1,0) Any Idea why this does not work? The calculated field operates on a sum of the field, and the sum of a text string is zero. The zero result won't equal the "String to compare", so the calculated field will return a zero. Perhaps you could do the calculation in the source data instead, and add that field to the pivot table. Dan McCollick wrote: > Hi all, > In a pivot table I am trying to a...

Adding SP1 to Exch2003
SP1 has tools to more easily allow RPC over HTTPS for a front-end back-end configuration. Question: I have it running on a single Exch2003 Ent. machine successfully. If I apply SP1 will my implementation stop working? Thanks. On Mon, 2 Aug 2004 13:26:46 -0700, Helpdesk in SF wrote: > SP1 has tools to more easily allow RPC over HTTPS for a > front-end back-end configuration. Question: > > I have it running on a single Exch2003 Ent. machine > successfully. If I apply SP1 will my implementation stop > working? Thanks. No, it won't stop working. I have SP1t i...

Adding Multiple Users
Can someone tell me how to add another user to my microsoft outlook, or how to change the current user? Hi, What you can probably do is to create a new Profile for that person and then Select the option to Prompt for a profile when opening Outlook. Goto Control Panel --> Mail Icon --> Show profiles Create a new profile . To make outlook to ask you to select a profile, select the option of "Prompt for a profile". Hope this helps !!! Regards, Sudharson.AN <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:154a001c3fa3e$9fe3f920$a501280a@phx.gbl... >...

query to locate which record was not added
Hello, will try to explain. i have 4 employees. jim, jack, joe, and john. every week a report is created that needs to have one record from each of them. But they are not responsible and may forget to submit data. first week Table1 name endDate Jim 2/6/10 Joe 2/6/10 John 2/6/10 * Jack forgot to turn in his report* Is there anyway to find this out with a query? sql statement? you may say -you can see easy with 4 records - who is missing- but with 50 names and if it was 49 entries it will take longer to find name not there. I am able to count the records and display on rep...

Business Portal - Adding New User
When I click Add New User in Business Portal; I get the following exception [NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] Microsoft.BusinessFramework.Portal.Administration.AC_UserWizard.GetAllDomains() +71 Microsoft.BusinessFramework.Portal.Administration.AC_UserWizard.BuildUserWizardHTML() +3013 Microsoft.BusinessFramework.Portal.Administration.AC_UserWizard.CreateWizard() +22 ASP.businessportal_portal_administration_ac_userwizard_aspx.__Render__control1.... I have tried Repair and Uinstall/Reinstall, but error is same...Please...

Adding Additional Work to MS Project 2003
I would like to do some what-if analysis on my project schedule and am not sure how I can easily add say 30% additional work across the board on my project to show some best and worse case scenarios. Would I have to use a PERT chart to do this sort of filter? Hello Al, PERT analysis in project 2003 is based upon duration, not work. While work and duration are related through assignments, if you have changed the task type from the default of fixed units, adjusting duration will not necessarily change work. The PERT analysis tools are available on the PERT Analysis toolbar...

Migrating AD to new domain. How does Exch 5.5 fit in?
Over a weekend (hopefully) I will be migrating from one domain to another temporary domain. Then I will be taking the original domain out of it's current forest and into its own. I will then migrate back to the original domain. I'm using Exchange 5.5. What do I do with Exchange? Should I leave it with the original domain and assume that the appended SIDHistory of the users will still work correctly with it when they move back? I'm thinking this will work since it's happening over a weekend... I don't know anything about migrating Exchange 5.5 to a new domain... Any ...

adding text according to col with equal date
Hi all, In the active sheet in a certain cell I want to add text to the existing content as follows. If the date in row 62+TT and column K equals the date in row 62+TT and column D I want to add "abc", equals the date in row 62+TT and column E I want to add "def" equals the date in row 62+TT and column F I want to add "ghi" equals the date in row 62+TT and column G I want to add "jkl" equals the date in row 62+TT and column H I want to add "mno" equals the date in row 62+TT and column I I want to add "pqr" equals ...

AD Computer object question
Hello, I have computer object within Active Directory for a specific server. Due to an issue, the link between the two has been broken. Is there any way to recreate the link without delete the AD object and join back the server into the domain? Thanks for your help, It's a really urgent matter, please help Dark Hello darkbol, Which kind of machine is it, Domain controller or member server or workstation? What is the exact error message? Did something happened before or is it just out of the blue? Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is pro...

limit adding users for a delegated control of an Organisational Unit
We have a OU USERS where we manage all our users. There are several OU's above this container which contain other users who have nothing to do with us. Underneath OU USERS we have several OU's per geographical branch (OU A, OU B, ...) of our company which contain different groups containing users from OU USERS. This because of the fact that several users work in different geographical branches. We want to delegate the control for a OU in one branch (OU A) to one of the local staff members. The goal is to let him manage the groups in this container (add/remove users) but ...

URGENT
Hi, i am from Spain, excuse my bad Inglish My company have one main office and three secondary office in separate domains: mainoffice.corp secondaryoffice1.corp secondaryoffice2.corp secondaryoffice3.corp I work in secondaryoffice2 and i have a 2003 domain with 800 XP SP2 clients My chief want to create a single domain named mainoffice.corp and the rest of secondaryoffice as OU. How can i migrate my computers and user accounts from my domain secondaryoffice2.corp to a OU in the mainoffice.corp domain? (and keep the user profiles in the clients) Thanks for all and e...

Adding comments to points in a chart?
I'm using Excel 2002 (and a newbie) and want to add comments to different points in a chart so I can clearly see when specific things changed and how they effected my chart. (I was referred by one to look at an add in program that can add data labels, but couldn't get it to work the way I needed it to) Is there a way in Excel 2002 for me to add a comment and place in the chart where I want. I was able to figure out how to "insert comments" to a normal cell and then move it to the chart where I want that comment to be. The only problem with doing it this way is I can&#...

Adding Values From Different Tabs
Is there a way to add values from different tabs on the same spreadsheet? For example A2 from tab 1 and A2 from tab 2 -- Flipkid2 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Flipkid2's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=17984 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=398184 Assuming the name on Tab 1 is Sheet1 and Tab 2 is Sheet2, use thi formula: =Sheet1!A2+Sheet2!A2 note the name of the sheet is followed by "!" to indicate it is a shee name. HTH Bruc -- swatsp0 ------------...

GP and home directories mapped in AD in a Terminal Server environm
Hi -- We are running GP in a TS environment with two sets of users on two different domains. We have encountered an issue with GP performance when users not on the domain that the GP is on have their home directories (mapped drive to a file share) mapped in their Active Directory profile. Once we disconnect that mapped drive which is also not on the same domain as GP, the performance is normal. When I mention performance issues, I mean, it takes more than seven minutes to launch GP and get fully logged into the application (version 10). I support GP in our environment and I am argu...

adding vertical bars to an embedded chart using VBA
I have an X-Y scatter plot as an embedded chart. I have a list of X & Y values that I would like to use to draw vertical lines on the chart. The range for x-series is AB10:AC33, and I would like to use the same values to define the y-values (AD10:AE10). I started by recording a macro for adding one series to the chart, then tried to generalize using a for...next loop for adding all 24. This of course did not work. Here is my code: Private Sub combobox_2_click() Dim i As Integer Dim num As Integer Dim myRange As Range If Range("focus_choice") = "All" Then ...

Calculate Dates with If Then Else Statements
I need to calculate total years’ full time experience (i.e. 2.5 years, 3.25 years, etc.) in an Access 2003 database form. This is what I am trying to do: If the Full-Time End Date is Blank, use Today's Date, ELSE if the Full-Time End Date has a Date, use that Date. Separately, these two formulas work: =DateDiff("m",[FullTimeStartDate],Now())/12 =DateDiff("m",[FullTimeStartDate],[FullTimeEndDate])/12 My problem is writing a statement to calculate using the END DATE if one is entered, or NOW, if there is no end date. I have tried many combinations, but can’t ge...