Adding row's with formula

How can I allow users to insert row's with the formula added automaticly
without unprotecting sheet
regards
Chris

Like your previous post while protecting the worksheet check the Insert Rows
Checkbox and enter your protection password and give ok.  So the users are
not required to unprotect the workbook for inserting rows.

Alt+T+P+P>>Allow All User of this Worksheet to:>>Check the Insert Rows check
box

About the filling of Formula to a newly added row should be done manually by
pressing Cntrl+D or you should go for macro solution.

--------------------
(Ms-Exl-Learner)
--------------------

"Chris" wrote:

> How can I allow users to insert row's with the formula added automaticly
> without unprotecting sheet
> regards
> Chris
How do I do a macro for this. I have NEVER done one before.
Thanks
Chris

"Ms-Exl-Learner" wrote:

> Like your previous post while protecting the worksheet check the Insert Rows
> Checkbox and enter your protection password and give ok.  So the users are
> not required to unprotect the workbook for inserting rows.
>
> Alt+T+P+P>>Allow All User of this Worksheet to:>>Check the Insert Rows check
> box
>
> About the filling of Formula to a newly added row should be done manually by
> pressing Cntrl+D or you should go for macro solution.
>
> Remember to Click Yes, if this post helps!
>
> --------------------
> (Ms-Exl-Learner)
> --------------------
>

> "Chris" wrote:
>
> > How can I allow users to insert row's with the formula added automaticly
> > without unprotecting sheet
> > regards
> > Chris
Chris,

I too don’t know anything about macro.  Lots of experts are here and I hope
that they will help you in creating the macro.

--------------------
(Ms-Exl-Learner)
--------------------

"Chris" wrote:

> How do I do a macro for this. I have NEVER done one before.
> Thanks
> Chris
>
> "Ms-Exl-Learner" wrote:
>
> > Like your previous post while protecting the worksheet check the Insert Rows
> > Checkbox and enter your protection password and give ok.  So the users are
> > not required to unprotect the workbook for inserting rows.
> >
> > Alt+T+P+P>>Allow All User of this Worksheet to:>>Check the Insert Rows check
> > box
> >
> > About the filling of Formula to a newly added row should be done manually by
> > pressing Cntrl+D or you should go for macro solution.
> >
> > Remember to Click Yes, if this post helps!
> >
> > --------------------
> > (Ms-Exl-Learner)
> > --------------------
> >

> > "Chris" wrote:
> >
> > > How can I allow users to insert row's with the formula added automaticly
> > > without unprotecting sheet
> > > regards
> > > Chris
David McRithchie has done it for you.

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm

Scroll down to...................

Code for the InsertRowsAndFillFormulas Macro (#insrtrow)

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 01:29:01 -0800, Chris <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>How do I do a macro for this. I have NEVER done one before.
>Thanks
>Chris
>
>"Ms-Exl-Learner" wrote:
>
>> Like your previous post while protecting the worksheet check the Insert Rows
>> Checkbox and enter your protection password and give ok.  So the users are
>> not required to unprotect the workbook for inserting rows.
>>
>> Alt+T+P+P>>Allow All User of this Worksheet to:>>Check the Insert Rows check
>> box
>>
>> About the filling of Formula to a newly added row should be done manually by
>> pressing Cntrl+D or you should go for macro solution.
>>
>> Remember to Click Yes, if this post helps!
>>
>> --------------------
>> (Ms-Exl-Learner)
>> --------------------
>>

>> "Chris" wrote:
>>
>> > How can I allow users to insert row's with the formula added automaticly
>> > without unprotecting sheet
>> > regards
>> > Chris

0
Gord
12/22/2009 4:17:18 PM
I have entered' Insert_Rows_and_Fill_Formulas into "Record new macro", It
worked once and now it comes up Error 28, run time error.  I closed the
spread sheet and didn't save it. I oppened it up and when I tried to enter it
again nothing happened. I have tried it on a blank spread sheet(x3) and the
one I am working with( x2), it only worked on the blank one the first time.
What have I done wrong.
Thanks
Chris

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> David McRithchie has done it for you.
>
> http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm
>
> Scroll down to...................
>
> Code for the InsertRowsAndFillFormulas Macro (#insrtrow)
>

> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>

> On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 01:29:01 -0800, Chris <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> >How do I do a macro for this. I have NEVER done one before.
> >Thanks
> >Chris
> >
> >"Ms-Exl-Learner" wrote:
> >
> >> Like your previous post while protecting the worksheet check the Insert Rows
> >> Checkbox and enter your protection password and give ok.  So the users are
> >> not required to unprotect the workbook for inserting rows.
> >>
> >> Alt+T+P+P>>Allow All User of this Worksheet to:>>Check the Insert Rows check
> >> box
> >>
> >> About the filling of Formula to a newly added row should be done manually by
> >> pressing Cntrl+D or you should go for macro solution.
> >>
> >> Remember to Click Yes, if this post helps!
> >>
> >> --------------------
> >> (Ms-Exl-Learner)
> >> --------------------

> .

Run time Error 28, out of stack space. Comes up.

"Chris" wrote:

> I have entered' Insert_Rows_and_Fill_Formulas into "Record new macro", It
> worked once and now it comes up Error 28, run time error.  I closed the
> spread sheet and didn't save it. I oppened it up and when I tried to enter it
> again nothing happened. I have tried it on a blank spread sheet(x3) and the
> one I am working with( x2), it only worked on the blank one the first time.
> What have I done wrong.
> Thanks
> Chris
>
> "Gord Dibben" wrote:
>
> > David McRithchie has done it for you.
> >
> > http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm
> >
> > Scroll down to...................
> >
> > Code for the InsertRowsAndFillFormulas Macro (#insrtrow)
> >

> > Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
> >

> > On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 01:29:01 -0800, Chris <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > >How do I do a macro for this. I have NEVER done one before.
> > >Thanks
> > >Chris

> > .

Not sure why that particular error is arising.

Let's make sure you have things in the right place to start.

Since you're not familiar with VBA and macros, see David McRitchie's site
for more on "getting started".

or Ron de De Bruin's site on where to store macros.

http://www.rondebruin.nl/code.htm

In the meantime..........

First...create a backup copy of your original workbook.

To create a General Module, hit ALT + F11 to open the Visual Basic Editor.

Hit CRTL + r to open Project Explorer.

Find your workbook/project and select it.

Right-click and Insert>Module.  Paste the code in there.  Save the
workbook and hit ALT + q to return to your workbook.

Run or edit the macro by going to Tool>Macro>Macros.

You can also assign this macro to a button or a shortcut key combo.

Gord

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 22:01:02 -0800, Chris <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Run time Error 28, out of stack space. Comes up.
>
>"Chris" wrote:
>
>> I have entered' Insert_Rows_and_Fill_Formulas into "Record new macro", It
>> worked once and now it comes up Error 28, run time error.  I closed the
>> spread sheet and didn't save it. I oppened it up and when I tried to enter it
>> again nothing happened. I have tried it on a blank spread sheet(x3) and the
>> one I am working with( x2), it only worked on the blank one the first time.
>> What have I done wrong.
>> Thanks
>> Chris
>>
>> "Gord Dibben" wrote:
>>
>> > David McRithchie has done it for you.
>> >
>> > http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm
>> >
>> > Scroll down to...................
>> >
>> > Code for the InsertRowsAndFillFormulas Macro (#insrtrow)
>> >

>> > Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

>> > .

0
Gord
12/23/2009 4:59:53 PM
Thanks Gord Dibben.
I have worked out what I was doing wronge. after entering the code and going
back to the sheet I would put in a password on protect. It was ok without the
password. As the code had the protect in it they must have been getting
confused as to witch comand to follow.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> Not sure why that particular error is arising.
>
> Let's make sure you have things in the right place to start.
>
> Since you're not familiar with VBA and macros, see David McRitchie's site
> for more on "getting started".

> or Ron de De Bruin's site on where to store macros.
>
> http://www.rondebruin.nl/code.htm
>
> In the meantime..........
>
> First...create a backup copy of your original workbook.
>
> To create a General Module, hit ALT + F11 to open the Visual Basic Editor.
>
> Hit CRTL + r to open Project Explorer.
>
> Find your workbook/project and select it.
>
> Right-click and Insert>Module.  Paste the code in there.  Save the
> workbook and hit ALT + q to return to your workbook.
>
> Run or edit the macro by going to Tool>Macro>Macros.
>
> You can also assign this macro to a button or a shortcut key combo.
>

> Gord
>
> On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 22:01:02 -0800, Chris <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Run time Error 28, out of stack space. Comes up.
> >
> >"Chris" wrote:
> >
> >> I have entered' Insert_Rows_and_Fill_Formulas into "Record new macro", It
> >> worked once and now it comes up Error 28, run time error.  I closed the
> >> spread sheet and didn't save it. I opened it up and when I tried to enter it
> >> again nothing happened. I have tried it on a blank spread sheet(x3) and the
> >> one I am working with( x2), it only worked on the blank one the first time.
> >> What have I done wrong.
> >> Thanks
> >> Chris

> .

Formula to print a datum in color contingent on value.
I need a formula that will change the displayed color of a value based on amount. For example: under 200=yellow, over 200=red. Also, can I add input from a third column? For example: under 200 and Column D=No, then yellow. under 200 and column D=yes, then green. Try conditional formatting for the cells Click on /scroll over cells you need to format FORMAT>CONDITIONAL FORMATTING "Shadyhosta" wrote: > I need a formula that will change the displayed color of a value based on > amount. > For example: under 200=yellow, over 200=red. > Also, can I add input from a thi...

Sort hidden rows
Hi, In the knowledge base art 105111 it indicates that Excel 2002 has a problem with sorting hidden rows. I've tried to reproduce this problem but everytime my hidden colums are as well sorted (Excel 2002, sp2)... Has this problem been corrected in the updates. Why I'm asking : I've got this user who has this problem... and wanted to know if it's corrected in the updates. Thank you! I think that the KB article says that MS changed this behavior to not sort hidden rows. So I don't think MS sees it as a problem to be corrected. But I was confused with your reference to...

Deleting row with specific value
Could some kind soul please advise syntex (macro)for deleting a row if first 3 character of a cell contains "FST" I have some value in column "H" which contains value FST,FST1,FST2 and so on. What i want to do is that if first 3 chracters in column "H" has a value "FST" then i want to delete that row. Thanks in advance Regards Jed try sorting and then deleting. Record a macro if desired. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Jed" <vinod.jethwa@selex-sas.com> wrote in message news:43c65ba5$1_1@glkas0286.greenl...

Average Formula
I'm trying to find the average of bulletins used each Sunday. I'm keeping track of how many I produce each Sunday and how many are left. Basic table... Week Bulletin Amt. Bulletins left Week 1 100 34 Week 2 100 17 Week 3 110 20 I'm keeping track for the year (52 weeks) What kind of formula would I use? Thanks, wiersma7 You would add another column titled "Bulletins Used", calculated with: =c2-b2 Then average column D, as in: =average(d2:d4...

Problem with 'Rows to repeat at top'
I am printing an Excel Worksheet table using the 'Rows to repeat at top' feature found in 'Page setup...'. The table is usually 30 to 60 pages long, and this gives me the same column headings on each page. Here's my problem. Below this table is another one, but I no longer want the 'Rows to repeat at top' feature. Can I turn it off part way through the printing of a document? I'd rather not use another worksheet for the second table. Thanks in advance for any assistance Bri No, you cannot turn the setting off mid-print. You could seperate it into 2 prin...

Adding a month to a series of dates
Hi I'm probably being stupid, but here's my dilemma! 8o) I have a date in cell A1, say 19/3/04 and I need to fill in the next 35 dates automatically - each being incremented by exactly one month: 19/4/04 19/5/04 19/6/04 ....etc I can't figure out an easy way to do this, such as adding a fixed number of days, as each of the month's have a different number of days. Any ideas? TIA Andy fill in A1 with 19/03/04 fill in A2 with 19/04/04 select both put the mouse pointer in the lower right corner of the selection (you'll get a black cross) and drag it down using the le...

copy selected rows to second worksheet (NOT Cut + Paste)
I am trying to create a simple tool log that also incorporates a sign in/out sheet as a second worksheet. What I want is to be able to select (not using cut + paste) several rows and by simply being selected on "tool list" worksheet, temporarly copied into "sign_in" and "sign_out" worksheets. I need the data selected from sheet 1 "tools list" to fill rows (starting at 20) of the next 2 sheets, and then end user simply prints needed sheet, for employee to sign. This allows me to select only the tools that that employee is checking in/out ...

Coping formulas to new workbook
Is there a way to copy formulas from one workbook and them paste it to another workbook without it having a link in the formula to the previous workbook? This is a formula I copied but all I need is the last part that said =INVENTORY$d$177 not the link to another workbook ='C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\SONIC REPORTS\IDEALS\aug ideals\[XDQ IDEALS 2005 rev0805.xls]INVENTORY'!$D$177 -- Jim Salyer Area Supervisor Home: 505-474-4863 Cell: 505-670-4138 Fax: 505-474-4540 Email: jims01@comcast.net I like to do this: Select all the cells. edit|replace what: =...

When I filter data, sometimes I do not get row count retrived
When you are using auto filter on a worksheet and then you pick a valu to filter, you get the list of rows that satisfy that criteria. Also in the status bar, you get the number of rows retrived as a result o this filter. Example you will get "3 of 25 rows found" or somethin like that. Sometimes I do not get that message, I just get a messag called filter mode. Why does this happen and how can I correct this? Thank you -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If your worksheet has any formulae on it they automatically calculat after filtering thereby suppressing the messa...

INDEX/MATCH Formula?
Hi, I need help with a formula. My data looks like this: Column A Column B 1 3 2 7 3 5 4 8 5 1 6 7 8 9 10 And I need it to end up like this: Column A Column B 1 1 2 3 3 4 5 5 6 7 7 8 8 9 10 So, in other words, the numbers in Column B need to end up in the same row as their corresponding numbers in Column A. To do it manually will take forever as the real data is thousands of rows long. Can this be done with an INDEX/MATCH formula of some kind? I=92ve tried a few different things on my own but I clearly don=92t know what I=92m doing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Can you plea...

ad user to Local group
Hello, I was told that I need to add the user to the DHCP Administrators local group if I do not want the same user to have control over the other DHCP servers I have, How can I accomplish this ? Thank you -- aconti ------------------------------------------------------------------------ aconti's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/73272.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/active-directory/1310820.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

adding markup to purchase price in products
I have Money 2004 SBE, I was wondering if it is possible to change the way I add my products into my Products/Service list? Is there a way were I can say my markup is 20% and once I enter in the price I purchase the item it adjusts the price with the mark up for when I add the item to a invoice? Right now I have to figure it out manually and it is a pain in the butt. Also is there a way to view a report to see the total I purchase all my inventory campared to what I sell it for? Thank You Nathan ...

Formula referencing other file show formula not result
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a formula in a cell that selects data from another spreadsheet. Both cells are text and often the formula shows in the receiving spreadsheet not the value. I have both cell formated as &quot;text&quot;. In older versions of excel, you could never have an &quot;=&quot; sign start in cell without excel always defaulting that as a formula. Now in 2008 it does not work that way any more. <br><br>Along the same line I have a formula in a cell that selects data from another spreadsheet. S...

Cell Formats in formulas
I have a worksheet set up with formulas to automatically copy values from another cell as it is changed. Is there a way to include the format of the reference cell (font, color) when referencing it in a formula. Example: when I change to a different symbol font in the referenced cell, the referencing cells only change the value, not the font, so I don't end up with the correct symbols in the referencing cell. No, it's not possible to do that using formulas, only format formulas can do are number formats and only using the text function Regards, Peo Sjoblom "C. Lewis"...

use current month in ad If satament
I have a cell A1 with a drop down to select month. In another cell on another sheet I want to compare the current month to the value in A1. If (current month = A1, value, value) I've found a lot of date functions but the solution evades me. Can someone please help me? All I really need is how to get the month to use to compare I think I have the rest of the formla figured out. TIA gls858 I'm not sure what you're really using -- dates or the month names? I'm guessing names like January, February, ..., December. =if(text(today(),"mmmm")=A1,"...

cell displays formula instead of value #2
Hi, Excel 2003 SP2 I have a new blank workbook, and on a new blank worksheet I format columns A - D as Text. A1 = [This_] B1 = [is_] C1 = [text.] D1 = [=CONCATENATE(A1, B1, C1)] D1 now displays [=CONCATENATE(A1 ,B1, C1)] instead if the expected [This_is_Text.] Please help. I have hours in this :(( Thanks Jeff Higgins Jeff D1 should have been formatted as "general". Format it, re-type formula? HTH Beege "Jeff Higgins" <oohiggins@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:RFBzf.218$Cp2.147@fe03.lga... > Hi, > Excel 2003 SP2 > I have a new blank workbook, > a...

printing formula definitions
I've got some fairly elaborate formula definitions and I'd like to be able to print the worksheet to show the definition and not the output of the formula. Terri, CTRL+` (that's the key to the left of "1" on a standard keyboard) toggles the view between formulae and results. You can then print to your heart's content! Cheers, Pete >-----Original Message----- >I've got some fairly elaborate formula definitions and I'd like to be able to print the worksheet to show the >definition and not the output of the formula. > Choose Tools/Option...

How do I transpose multiple rows into columns?
I have data organized (in Office 2007) as such: A B C D E F and so on I want to tranpose it so it appears in columns as: A B C D E F and so on. Is there a way to transpose multiple rows so the information is stacked into columns? Thanks a million! Copy > PasteSpecial > Transpose.........as many times as you need......can be set to a macro if done frequently.. Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Nick" wrote: > I have data organized (in Office 2007) as such: > > A > B > C > > D > E > F > > and so on > > I want to tranpose it so...

Physical inventory formula problems
I am having a problem with the physical inventory feature. This is the example I pull a Item Value List report with only supplier as the filter. The total on this report is as follows QTY: -5 EXTENDED COST - $10 (these are minus's) Now I go to the physical inventory and select NEW then ONLY ITEMS FROM SELECTED SUPPLIERS and I choose the same supplier I choose on the ITEM VALUE LIST I choose to update maching item and replace existing items. I am importing 10 of the item that had a -5 when I started. Now when I calulate now expected should read what my ITEM VALUE LIST started wi...

Row 1 can't be seen
I've tried unhide and also setting the row height with all cells selected. all unsuccessful. any other suggestions? pamela Hi Pamela, Is Freeze panes on perhaps? Check from the Window menu, Freeze Pane will either be checked if on, or not checked if not on -- firefyt ----------------------------------------------------------------------- firefytr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=664 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27027 Hi Pamela, another try, select row '2' and slide the mouse up towards ...

Adding months to a date of birth
I am working in a form. I have a field called Visiting Date and a field called DOB and a field called Classroom. I am trying to come up with a formul in the Visiting date that will show if a Child's Classroom = Bumble Bears, the visiting date needs to tell me the date on his 15 months, when the Child's Classroom = Doodlebugs, the visiting date needs to tell me the date on his 33 months. Can anyone help me. I have such a hard time with IF statements. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you! On Sep 27, 9:22 pm, "debb...@ywcaofjamestown.com" <debb...@ywcaofjamestown...

Formula to count no. of months between 2 dates
What is the formula to display the number of months between 2 dates? Thanks, Melissa Have a look at this site: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.aspx -- Regards! Stefi „Melissa” ezt írta: > What is the formula to display the number of months between 2 dates? > > Thanks, > Melissa =DATEDIF(A1,B1,"m") On 23 Mar, 08:27, Melissa <Meli...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > What is the formula to display the number of months between 2 dates? > > Thanks, > Melissa I forgot to mention I am using Excel 2000. I us...

Hide Rows #3
Is there a quick way to hide every other row starting at row 12? I.E. hide rows 12, 14, 16, 18 and so on. Thanks, Steve Hold down the control key>select by row number>hide or write a macro to hide (use MOD) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Steve" <sgauer@neo.rr.com.nospamallowed> wrote in message news:4D85C6E0-F7BF-4728-8354-93FB28DF9A18@microsoft.com... > Is there a quick way to hide every other row starting at row 12? I.E. hide > rows 12, 14, 16, 18 and so on. > > Thanks, > Steve Steve wrote: > Is there a quick way to hide ev...

CRM 3.0 Upgraded Failed, AD Groups gone
I was upgrading to 3.0 (w2k3 sp1 and SQL 2005 on same machine, Exchange 2003 sp1) and it failed with the following error: ************ Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.InstallDatabaseAction failed. Login 'distributor_admin' owns one or more database(s). Change the owner of the database(s) before dropping the login. Changed database context to 'master'. Changed database context to 'NorthAmerica_MSCRM'. ************ After rebooting, the Repair option fails with "One or more Microsoft CRM groups were not specified". The help reveals the following solution: ...

view worksheet formulas
Friends, Is there a way to view only the worksheet formulas inside a worksheet, or print them out? I know how to do this for pivot tables and pivot charts, but what about a normal worksheet? Thanks, Bill Morgan Bill Ctrl+` -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "bill_morgan_3333" <billmorgan3333@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3475E172-19E9-4199-B974-709FE618FB5E@microsoft.com... > Friends, > > Is there a way to view only the worksheet formulas inside a worksheet, or > print t...