Adding new rows

I have a spreadsheet with 100 rows in, I need to add a row after each
current row, is there a quick way to do this or have i got to insert
each new row individually?

--
Paul Sheppard
Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24783

I assume you want to add an empty new row in between the existing rows.

One way would be with an extra column
Save as "trial" first.......just in case things get muddled up.
Give the existing rows uneven numbers and underneath them the same number of
rows with even numbers
copy and extend any required formula's
do a sort on the added column with the numbers

--
Greetings from New Zealand
Bill K
wrote in message

> I have a spreadsheet with 100 rows in, I need to add a row after each
> current row, is there a quick way to do this or have i got to insert
> each new row individually?
>

> --
> Paul Sheppard
> Paul Sheppard's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24783
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=390760

Thanks Bill great tip, and it is really quite simple if you think abou

Paul Sheppar
Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2478
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39076

Deleting Non-Duplicate Rows
Have done tihs is the past, but can't remember how: Have a sheet with 9500+ rows. Column C contains a storage bin number. Want to delete all rows that DO NOT have a duplicate (trying to resolve items that have a duplicate bin number.) Have sorted the sheet on Column C. THX. . . -- BillW ------------------------------------------------------------------------ BillW's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27516 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=470299 You could use a helper column of formulas: =countif(c:c,c1)...

Autofit Row Height #3
Hello, I have a column on sheet 1 that is set to wrap text so that the row height increases and decreases as more text is entered into the cell. This works fine. Users enter a number on sheet two where there is a lookup function that returns the appropriate text from sheet 1. The problem is that when the text is returned by the function, the row height does not adjust to fully display all of the text in the cell. Is there a way of automating this? Any help would be appreciated. -- Thanks, MarkN ...

Compare and Highlight Rows
I have an excel file with two worksheets. is there a way to programatically compare the two worksheets to find matches and highlight those matches on each worksheet. They both have the same columns. I want to compare the InspectionID column. The Inspection ID column may have duplicates in both of the worksheets. I have never done anything in excel above the beginner level. However, I am a very skilled VBA programmer (programmed in ACCESS for over 10 years). Thank you You may find it easier to use Conditional formatting instead: For instance, with Sheet1 column A selected, and cel...

pre-select new record in combo box
Hi, I have a form (frmActivity) with a combo box (cboStore) that gets its data from a table (Store). If there is a new store which dose not show in the combo box I have a command button on the same form that open a popup window for entering the name of the new store. In the 'on close' event of the popup I requeary the combo box (cboStore) on the main form so that the new store will appear. What I would really like is to have the new store already selected in the combo box when the popup is closed. Is this possible and if so how? Thanks, Phil Try after the requery of the ...

how do I add in a dinamic graph the total as a new series?
I want to add, in a dinamic graphic, a new series: the mean. Is it possible? I need it to compare each series with the mean. Thanks in advance. Regards, Guillermo Fuenzalida The graph won't calculate the mean for you, so you'll need to calculate the mean as a new series in your data sheet, and then include that series as a new series in your graph. -- David Biddulph "Guillermo Fuenzalida" <Guillermo Fuenzalida@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:117FBACB-4DD2-41CC-864B-632666BE5CD5@microsoft.com... >I want to add, in a dinamic graphic, a new ser...

Creating an AD account don't make the mailbox in exch2K3
Hi, I don't understand what's happening. When I create a new account in AD, it no longer creates the mailboxes in exchange 2003. It was working a week ago... It asks me if I also want to create a mailbox, I answer YES and ... no mailbox. Please help me, I must create this mailbox quickly since a new employee arrived and my boss doesn't understand why the mail is not set yet. I believe that the mailbox is actually created only after the first message is sent to it or there is a first logon. So if you are looking for it and you do not see it, this may be the cause. Frank &qu...

Outlook 2007 adding contacts issue #2
Hello! I apologize in advance if this has been answered, but I couldn't find it anywhere... today I added contacts to outlook 2007...never had used it before on Vista ever...and closed out went to lunch... came back, I cannot add any new contacts. All options to add a greyed out... If I select file new.....adding contacts is there but greyed out... any ideas on what to change? Thanks! lori, Go to your contacts page and type CTRL + N. The new contact page will open. Or on your contacts page, click New on the button that appears just below the File menu item. Or on your contacts pa...

Outlook Synch error
I have one user and only one user have trouble going back online with the Outlook client. The user is connected to our VPN and then when the user clicks Go Online, it starts to synch then she gets the "the logged-on user does not have the appropriate security permissions to view the records or peform this specifc action" error/message. Outlook works fine and the user can use web CRM just fine. I've already tried changed the user's IE security settings to low, didn't help. Any ideas? James James, Could you provide a bit more information about the user, specifica...

Suddenly not able to save new or open previous files with name lengths over 45 characters
I'm using Excel 2003 if it matters ... I'm wondering if there is a known bug/issue on this. For what ever reason, when I try to save a new file (or for that matter open something done previously) with a name that has more than 45 characters or so (might be off by a couple), I get message that it can't save and then gives me a bunch of reasons (file path might not exist, might have too many characters, folder might be read only, etc). I know file exists in the folder I'm checking - I can email myself the file and open from the email so its definitely there! Any sane insight? ...

How to create new record
How can i use code to create a new record into a table. Something like this? CreateNewRecord("John","Smith") I tried to Google it but i can't seem to find the answer. help! thanks On Wed, 4 Jul 2007 19:34:03 -0500, "Tim McGavin" <nws@gsw-inc.com> wrote: >How can i use code to create a new record into a table. > >Something like this? > >CreateNewRecord("John","Smith") > >I tried to Google it but i can't seem to find the answer. > >help! >thanks > Open a Recordset based on the table and use ...

Moving .pst files to a new computer
When trying to import .pst files into the new computer the following error message comes up: \Outlook.pst is not compatible with this version of the Personal Folders information service. I am using Office 2003 What's up? What version of Outlook were you using on the original computer? "Paladin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:057101c396c4$29533060$a101280a@phx.gbl... > When trying to import .pst files into the new computer > the following error message comes up: > > \Outlook.pst is not compatible with this version of the > P...

Adding a horizontal line to a Pivot Chart
I can't get a horizontal line added to a pivot chart (column or line) by using the series method. Can anyone help me out? I'm trying to add the horizontal line to show things like the mean and standard deviation. Thanks in advance. Sharon - Pivot charts don't allow you to include data that's not in the pivot table, and I think it only allows a very limited number of combination charts, if any. Sorry to disappoint. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/ _______ sharonc wrote: > I can't get ...

Moving Money 2008 to new computer
I have Money Plus Deluxe 2008 on a computer. It is activated. I have the license key from Digital River. I do NOT have the original download and they won't let me redownload. I realize I'm a bad person for not saving a backup of that. I now want to upgrade from XP to Win7. Since there isn't a direct upgrade available I understand I'll need to reinstall apps. Typically not a big deal, but in this case, since I don't have installation bits this will be a problem. Am I really out of luck here? Is there any way to migrate/backup the existing Money (by copying the P...

VBA
Hi, I am currently writing a database and what i want it to do is when one particular field is filled in eg. Cylinder, then it will pick up only "cylinder" items. I have tried this code below but it doesnt seem to work. Could someone please help me. Private Sub Job_Installable_AfterUpdate() 'If Job_Installable.[Column](1) = "Cylinder" Then ' 'Forms!OrderForm.ctlSubForm.Form!Controls.NewData ' 'Forms! ' [tblJob_Consumables SubForm]![Job_Consumable Consumable ID].ControlSource = "qlkpConsumableCylinder" 'Else...

Outlook connector doesn't work
vWin7 starter, Outlook 2003, Outlook connector v 14 installed. When klicking "Outlook connector" and "Add a new account" in Outlook, nothing happens (absolutely nothing - no messages or boxes appear). I habe removed and reinstalled both Outlook and Outlook connector several times, no help in that. Anyone who have a suggestion? ...

GP2010
What are the options for a Requisition Management solution for new GP BRL Adv Mgmt customers? It is my understanding that the Req Mgmt module has been taken off the GP BRL AM price list. Thanks, John ...

Disabled Exchange 2K3 accounts starting to accept new emails #2
Hello, whenever I would disable a user account in Exchange 2003, it would NDR any new email, unless there was a forwarding address in the delivery options tab, which is how I wanted it to be. However, since applying the security updates for February, the disabled accounts have begun accepting new mail. Does anyone have any ideas why? Feb. updates applied: KB890830 KB931978 KB926436 KB924667 KB928843 KB928090 KB918118 KB931836 Hi, you are right, and I think that Microsoft want it to be that way from the beginning. Read this articles http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319047 http://support.m...

conditional formating: ifs and highlighting rows
my spreadsheet documents error incidents, with each row showing the date the incident was discovered (column A) and the date it was resolved (column I). it also calculates networkdays (column J) -- unless column I=0 -- and references an array of holiday dates on another sheet. i would like to create a conditional format that will identify rows with an incident, but no resolution date, then highlight the row and possibly even show "unresolved" in column J cell of that row. Thanks! Well, you have to decide which way you want to go with this. If you leave column J ...

How do I find duplicate rows in a list in Excel, and not delete it
I have a long list of data in Excel that is 3 columns wide. I need to find and save only the duplicate rows but don't want to delete them. Instead, I could delete the unique rows and keep the duplicate rows. In the customer assistance, I found out how to delete duplicate rows and save the unique rows, but this is exactly opposite of what I want to do. This is one option: =COUNTIF($A$4:$A$18,A4)>1 copy down, and use a Autofilter to find all True HTH Ola Sandstr�m Picture encl.: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3498&stc=1 +---------------------------...

New Vista and Old Publisher
I'm super pleased with Vista Home Premium and its ability to fix old programs from old operating systems to work. I transfered every file from my old Win98 computer to my new Vista operated machine with no problems. My MS Office '97 installed flawlessly. Every program works like normal......every one except Publisher '98. I get an error message that MS Pub cannot open QS98.dll because "Not enough memory or the application is corrupt". I don't think 3GB memory is the issue. And I replaced the QS98.dll with a fresh copy off the net. The Vista Compatibility ...

Adding records
Is there any way to add a record into the middle of a database without having to add it at the end and then sort. I need to be able to manually add records into the database, as though you would in excell, exactly where I want it without having to use sort since not all of the data can/should be sorted. Any thoughts? Tables are unordered. If you need to Order records then you use a query. You then need a way of defining that order. A more specific description of your problem including descriptions of the fields involved will get you a more specific answer. Cheers, Jason Lepack On M...

AD Backup Policy Question
I understand - and do backup - the backup process for a domain controller but have some questions about what others do. I'm trying to make sure I'm doing what needs to be done when I need to recover. 1. We use IBM Tivoli as our Enterprise backup solution and it does a System state backup on Windows. Comparing what Tivoli says they do with the Technet and MSDN articles it does the same thing. However, I've seen articles recommending that you use NTBackup to backup the system state and then back up the resulting backup file. Is this necessary or will Tivoli be a...

PP2007 SDK? PP2010 new stuff?
As a C# developer I want to get started developing with PP2007 noting I have no Office dev experience at the moment. Which SDK do I need to get? The Office Developer Center [1] does not list an SDK for PP2007. Other getting started tips would be very helpful. The first thing I would want to learn is how to get on the Ribbon. For anybody that has worked with the Office 2010 bits is there anything new for PP worth talking about? I'm interested in developing a "slideshow" SaaS and our biggest hurdle seems to be the proprietary file format with no support in the framew...

New Message Notification #2
I use Outlook 2003. When a new email message arrives, I want either to have an icon show up in my system tray or a box show up on my screen (you've got mail). I have checked the box for the icon to appear, but nothing happens. I haven't found an option to choose for the box to appear - and remain - on my screen. Any ideas? Thanks. Ken, In Outlook 2003, you can go to Tools-> Options -> E-mail Options -> Advanced E-Mail Options to find settings on e-mail notification. You can play a sound, briefly change the mouse cursor, show an envelope in the notification area, an...

new user login problem using existing Money file.
I moved my home computers to a Windows domain with domain-based logins. Previously, I accessed a Money 2003 file on the server from a machine-specific login. Now, when I open that file under my Domain login (and it does open fine, no permissions problems) I can't see my accounts, transactions, etc. (Thank God I didn't nuke that machine account!) When I return to the machine account, everything's still there. How can access the existing data from the new account login? Thanks in advance. Anybody even going to take a whack at this one?? Domain security and authentication is...