Adding Formula to Existing Cells

In Excel, I have a column with various numbers in each
row.  I want to multiple each number by 1.02.  Short of
doing this with extra columns, is there a way to use
find/replace and add *1.02 to whatever is already existing
in each cell?
0
anonymous (74722)

Paige,

Enter 1.02 in some blank cell and copy that cell.  Then select the number
you want to multiply by 1.02.  Go to the Edit menu, choose Paste Special,
and choose the Multiply operation.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"paige" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In Excel, I have a column with various numbers in each
> row.  I want to multiple each number by 1.02.  Short of
> doing this with extra columns, is there a way to use
> find/replace and add *1.02 to whatever is already existing
> in each cell?

0
chip1 (1821)
11/8/2003 11:04:00 PM
THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!

0
anonymous (74722)

Adding to the Case Resoultion Dropdown
Hi All, Could someone point me in the correct direction on how to add additional items to "Resolution Type" dropdown list. Thanks in advance, Guy Austrian Hi Guy, If you didn't find this yet ... go to Home > Settings > System Customization. Choose to modify the Case form. On the General Tab double click on the Status Reason field. Choose the Values Tab. You can add/edit/delete values related to each Status. Click the drop-down to choose the status, choose Resolved and add to the Resolved status reasons. Hope this helps. >-----Original Message----- &...

Finding merged cells #2
Sorry for posting 2 messages with ref to the same problem but I am in dire need of a solution... I seem to have a problem due to cells in a worksheet being merged, how can i identify these cells? Many thanks, Rick Excel version? If you have 2002 or 2003 you can use Edit, Find, Format (and specify merged cells), Find All. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "R D S" <ricknewsgroup@members.v21.co.uk> wrote in message news:385u2aF5kslgkU1@individual.net... | Sorry for posting 2 messages with ref to the same problem but I am in dire | need of a solution... | | I seem to have a problem d...

Help with formula #18
Hi All: I am WAY over my head here, and you all have always been great help, so hopefully someone can help with this. I had someone write this for me to use as an index at the top of a spread sheet. It works beautifully . The problem is I would like to move this index to sheet 2 of the same spreadsheet and when I copy and paste it, it does'nt work. Is there anyone who can modify this to work as an index in sheet 2 and will search sheet 1 for the results? TIA Keith =IF(#REF!="","",IF(ISNA(MATCH(#REF!,$H$31:$H$65536,0)),"",HYPERLINK("#"&C...

How to remove blank cells
I have a spreadsheet with A LOT of blank cells. Is there any type of formula I can use to automatically delete them? Hi, Select the entire range and press F5, Special, Blanks, OK. The press Ctrl+- (Control Minus) and choose shift cells... -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "DestinySky" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet with A LOT of blank cells. Is there any type of formula > I can use to automatically delete them? On Jun 24, 12:44=A0am, Shane Devenshire <ShaneDevensh...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Sel...

Cells range into an array, then into msgbox
Hi all, I have a range of cells which are either blank or contain data. I'd like to create a dynamic(?) array and enter the values of those cells. Then, after that, i'd like to output the array into a msgbox. I've started with the below code, but am struggling to get it to work and to do what i'm required. Can anyone help? Cheers, Tony Z. Sub collate() Dim N As Long Arr = Range("F2:H50").Value For N = LBound(Arr) To UBound(Arr) impe = impe + Arr(N) Next N MsgBox impe End Sub Hi Tony Are the values numerics or text Sub co...

Adding 2nd email acct. to Outlook 2002
Hi: In older versions of Outlook you were able to add/view an 2nd email acct by setting permission on the Exchange server and setting it up as a service on the local PC. It appears 2002 gives the option to add an email acct. under tools but then gives an error saying only 1 acct can be on the exchange server. I would love to know the steps for allowing a user to see two different email messages under 1 Outlook icon. Thanks, A :-) you can only have one Exchange account per profile. "Air" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:cac301c48a1a$75b6...

Cell flashing
Does anyone know how to format a cell so it will flash or blink ? It's possible to do so with code but its a bad idea, you'll find such (bad) code by searching Google. There is no built in function like Word in Excel and if you do use such code the results are usually jumpy and erratic, plus the processor is unavailable to do anything else until the code is stopped from running, ie the machine is virtually locked up, Regards, Alan. "Skioregon" <Skioregon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD31EA15-BC24-4074-85DA-D826B871EE55@microsoft.com... > D...

adding 150% to a cell
I have created a payroll which i need to create and i've got most set up. i need to know how i can take D2 times it by 150% from E2 and give me the result to G2. Ok to say it simpler Overtime hours is in D2. Normal hourly rate is in E2 and overtime earned is in G2 overtime payment is at the rate of 150% of the normal hourly rate. How can i create such a formula to give the results in G2? At the moment i've got it like this: =SUMPRODUCT(D2)*(E2*150%) which worked fine but i was thinking if this is overkill in how to do it? "Asta" wrote: > I have created a payroll wh...

Cell text color change
I'm trying to get the text color in a cell to change (to red) if the formula in that cell produces a value above a certain ammount... Could this be done? Look at Format>Conditional Formatting -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Steffen" <Steffen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC53FC5B-81DD-4872-BDCF-A56B42C24159@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to get the text color in a cell to change (to red) if the formula > in that cell produces a value above a certain ammount... > > Could this be done? ...

How can I have an initial zero in an Excel cell?

Formula problem #9
Hi, I have entered a small formula in a cell =A1+B1 the result is also fine but if i have edit the formula i have to again type the entire thing. Is there a shortcut to this where i can easily do the editing of the formula, i guess i am missing something out here. Hi, I guess you are not able to see the formula in the formula bar if it is so then go to Tools|Options|View|check the formula bar check box|ok -- _______________________ Click "Yes" if it helps ________ Thanks Suleman Peerzade "Niroo" wrote: > Hi, > > I have entered a small formula in a cell ...

Linked cells, make the data go hard manually
I'd like to convert a cell linked to a previous day to hard numbers once a day. Is that possible? By 'hard number' you mean one that is no longer linked, you could copy, then paste as, paste value. HTH, Carole O "Johnny" wrote: > I'd like to convert a cell linked to a previous day to hard numbers once a > day. Is that possible? ...

Prevent functions from changing when new rows are added
I have a worksheet configured as a timesheet, where each row represents a task performed. For any given day, I track the task(s) performed and the hours spent on each task, and there are many functions in the worksheet. The worksheet contains the following columns: Column A: blank column (not used for anything). Column B: series of dates (with a blank row in between each date). Column C: tasks performed, manually entered. Column D: hours worked on the task. Column E: hours worked for the week. There's a function in each cell where, if it's Sunday, a sum of the week's...

deleting particular stuff from cells
i need to delete the last four digits of zip codes for about 15000 addresses... Is there anyway to do that all at once... zip exp: 39180-3454 i want to delete the -3454.... i need to do this for about 15,000 zips... can i do it automaticall without doing each cell one by one..... ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ for each c in [b2:b15001]'selection c.value=left(c,len(c)-4) next "billrebels4" <billrebels4.vt6hn@excelforum-nos...

Paste Cells in Column A to Columns B-K
Hi All, I was wondering if someone can help with writing an Excel Macro or some scripting. What I am trying to achieve is the following. In Column A (A1:A1000) there are values of L0xxxxxx xxxxxx=numbers (i.e L0123456) What I want to be able to do is move the values from column A to Columns B-K (10 Columns) 10 values at a time, upto 100 lines. A B C D E F G H I J K L00001 L00001 L00002 L00003 L00004 .5 .6 .7 .8 .9 L00010 L00002 L00011 L00003 L00004 ..5 ..6 ..7 ..8 ..9 L00010 L00011 Any help would be appreciated. T...

Highlighted cells
I need serious help please. Im using Excel 2000. When Im in Excel, I click on a cell and release the mouse button and all the cells are highlighted. I drag the mouse with no mouse button pressed and it still hightlightes the cell. I cant even close out excel after that. I click on the X and also go to file and it wont process the command. Ive tried rebooting the pc, reloading excel, and even reloading the entire pc. But the problem still exsits. Is there any one who can help with this problem??????? Stephen, First thing to try would be pressing the F8 key. If that doesn'...

Empty cells showing that they are default formated to "Date"
I created a spead sheet with one column set as a date the first to the end of the month. The other columns have various in text and accounting info. If I click on a empty cell it show in the format section on the bar the the cell is set up to have a date entry. This is all over the page. Can any one tell me why this is happening? -- Fred You can correct that by setting the formating for the other columns. Simply click on the column(s) then right click and select Format cells, or select the column(s) then go to Format and then Cells. In the selection list choose any option bes...

Calculating cells
I have too many array formulas, and calculating cells takes to long that even freezes excel and stopped working. What I did is, from "options", tab "calculate", changed from "calculate automatic" to "manual calculations". After that excel works fine if I calculate cell by cell, BUT I do need to calculate more than 1 cell at a time. What I want to do is select a certain number of cells and then calculate them manually, and since they are array formulas I have to use ctrl+shift+enter. Do you know how to do that? -- asdf Mayb...

how to fix cells in excel and other move
I saw alot of excel wher some celles do not move and other move up and down so can any body help me to know how to make it Try this. Click on a cell, say B2 and pull-down: Window > Freeze Panes -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200847 "Bassam" wrote: > I saw alot of excel wher some celles do not move and other move up and down > so can any body help me to know how to make it ...

formula looking for an either/or solution in same column
I have a spreadsheet with one column showing pay grade - O3, O4, W2, W3..... I have a formula which selects anything starting with O, but I need the formula to also look for either O or W and count both of them together. any help? The current formula is: =countifs(I2:I120,"=ASAE",B2:B120,"=O?",L2:L120"<1/1/2050") One way... =SUM(COUNTIFS(A2:A10,"ASAE",B2:B10,{"O*","W*"},C2:C10,"<"&DATE(2050,1,1))) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "J. Hunter" <JHunter@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

How to put VBA formula in Excel Sheet
hi there, how can i fix the error for this VBA? Sub PutDate() Range("A1") = "="Date :" & TEXT(TODAY(),"dd-mm-yy")" End Sub pls. help me for this. thanks in advance. EricBB One way: Public Sub PutDate() Range("A1").Formula = "=""Date :"" & TEXT(TODAY(),""dd-mm-yy"")" End Sub Note that quotes within the formula string must be doubled. In article <AA203817-803E-40C2-B617-7B1BDC3E1A59@microsoft.com>, EricBB <EricBB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: &...

Highlighting A Hyperlinked Cell
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone can tell me if the following is possible: have two worksheets. The first one 'Matrix' has a number of project listed, but only by name. Each name is hyperlinked to the other shee 'Projects' where a description of each project is placed. As is th way, when you click on the link it takes you to the linked cell and i is highlighted with a thick black border. I was wondering if there is any means to manipulate this highlightin so that when the cell is highlighted it also turns, for instance yellow. Any ideas? TIA, Samuel -- Samuel ---------...

Name Cell, Copy Named Cell, And Add All Named Cells
I'd like to be able to have a cell that is able to be copied and then have another location that adds the original cell and any copies of that cell. In my situation, I have a group of cells that get copied different numbers of times each time I use the document. There is one cell in that group and all the copies that need to be added, but I never know how many times I'll be copy that group. Is there a trick for doing this? Thanks. There may be a trick but I don't understand your request. Can you use some cell references for examples. Gord Dibben MS Excel MV...

Running a script while editing a cell
I have found that scripts will not execute if you are editing a cell. Is there anyway around this? -- clayton ------------------------------------------------------------------------ clayton's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=4563 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=493669 I've never seen anyone post any macro that did something useful while in edit mode. clayton wrote: > > I have found that scripts will not execute if you are editing a cell. Is > there anyway around this? > > -- > clayton...

MS Excel does not interpolate empty cells
Trying to plot a contour map of a film thickness. The substarte is round. X/Y coordinates are not in a grid so the data table has several empty cells. Trying to use 'Tool/Options...', 'Chart' tab and selecting the 'Interpolate' radio button does nothing. The chart treats the empty cells as zero value. If it would interpolate I would be happy. I also tried this with a grid (square) X/Y table with a couple of empty cells and again, it did not interploate. If the cell contains a formula like =IF(A1=0,"",A1), then that cell is neither empty nor blank. I...