adding duplicate text to multiple cells

I have alist of about 700 names that I need to turn into E-mail addresses.
For instance I need to add @***.net to each user name.  Is there a way to do
this without typing it 700 times.
0
beardic (1)

=a1&"@***.net "
and copy the formula down 700 rows,

"beardic" <beardic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have alist of about 700 names that I need to turn into E-mail addresses.
> For instance I need to add @***.net to each user name.  Is there a way to
> do
> this without typing it 700 times.

0
nh1 (51)
5/18/2005 8:19:41 PM
One way:

If your list is in column A, you could add a formula in column B.

In B1:
=A1 & "@***.net"

Then copy cell B1 down as many rows as you need.

HTH,
Paul

"beardic" <beardic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have alist of about 700 names that I need to turn into E-mail addresses.
> For instance I need to add @***.net to each user name.  Is there a way to
> do
> this without typing it 700 times.

0
pclive (112)
5/18/2005 8:23:12 PM
Hi
You could use a helper column with
=A2&"@****.net"
in it. This will not actually create hyperlinks, though. To replace the
formulas with the actual values, copy the range and select Edit|Paste
Special|Values
Make sure you take a copy before you start!

Andy.

"beardic" <beardic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have alist of about 700 names that I need to turn into E-mail addresses.
> For instance I need to add @***.net to each user name.  Is there a way to
> do
> this without typing it 700 times.

0
andybayley (21)
5/18/2005 8:24:54 PM
=hyperlink("mailto:" & a1 & "@xyz.com")

is another option

--

Dave Peterson
0

Format text for "mark my comments with..." #2
Is there a way to format the font & colour of the text I may type into the body of an existing email in Outlook 2003? I have switched the option on so that the comments are flagged with my initials but I wanted them more prevalent by being able to format the colour of the text. At the moment its a manual task. With Word as the editor: Open Word, choose Tools | Options | General tab ... Email Options button ... you can choose the Font in when "Replying or Forwarding messages" -- Bill Rodgers MVP "Greg J" <frog66@flashmail.com> wrote in message news:11246865...

modify AD computer script to run from locally authenticated account on server
Hello, I have a script that I want to modify but am lost in applying the correct syntax to move a computer object in Active Directory. Based on what I have found in my searches I will need to bind directly to a DC with alternate credentials. I have tried multiple iterations but can't get it to work. Below is the original un-altered script that I am trying improve upon. ------begin paste----------- 'get computer name strComputer = "." Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & strComputer & "\root \cimv2") Set colItems = objWMI...

Need VB code to edit cell values
I need some VB to do the following please (My VB is not good enough yet) Starting from the active cell (call it the StartCell) In the cell to the left.. ThreeChars = Value.right(3) (the last three chars) Value = Value - last three characters (assume value is text & at least 3 chars present) In StartCell.. value = ThreeChars (as text, overwrite any contents of StartCell) move active cell one down from StartCell Examples of before/after -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Stephen Ford" <Stephen_Ford_no@spam_uwclub....

Multiple Routing Groups
Up to this point we have used a single routing group for our enterprise. It now appears to make more sense to create multiple routing groups, so outbound can route through local gateways, and not traverse the country needlessly. While I am researching this, are there any gotcha's or other experiences or things to be aware of when switching to multiple routing groups? tia "Tom Felts" <tfelts@mckennalong.com> wrote: >Up to this point we have used a single routing group for our enterprise. It >now appears to make more sense to create multiple routing gro...

Search for a text in a cell and give the outcome later
Dear expert, C30 to C60 contains some data. Say I wan to find piano and use =MATCH("*piano*",C30:C60,0) in cell D31 It gives me the anwer 20 in D31. 20 is the squence of piano. How can I use the function and use return the the whole cell content which is "Play Piano"? I only know where it is. How to locate where and give the whole content in D32 please? Thanks Elton Play games Play golf Play guitar Play piano Play Kite Play Sccoer Play cards Play WII Play music =INDEX(C30:C60,D31) -- Regards! Stefi „Elton Law” ezt írta: &g...

Export to Text Files Based on Field Value
I have an Access table with personal information (e.g., first name, last name, birth date, etc.) for thousands of people. The table is sorted by state. I want to be able to run a macro on that table that will create separate pipe delimited text files for each state with all fields included. Any help would be appreciated? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/201005/1 Instead of exporting the table, export a query based on the table. You will have to have some code that loops through the states and modifies the quer...

Button or key to conditionally change text foreground color?
I would like to find some quick method (some sort of visible button or hotkey) for the user of a worksheet to change the text foreground color for certain cells in a block of cells (A1:I9) to some specific color if and only if the cell is blank. I.e. when the user hits this "red" key/button, every empty cell in A1:I9 gets a new foreground text color--red. Nothing would be immediately apparent, as these are empty cells, but as soon as the user starts entering values into these cells, the data would be shown in red... a "make all new data red" button/key. Is this possible?...

Changing a cell color....
Hi, Can someone help me how can I change a cell color using the"IF" command??? Thank you, Shaul On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 22:27:56 +0200, Shaul <bagaz@netvision.net.il> wrote= : > Hi, > Can someone help me how can I change a cell color using the"IF" = > command??? Under the Format menu, pick Conditional Formatting. -- = Dave dvt at psu dot edu ...

Can't Change Text direction in office 2007
Hi, i have installed office 2007 ( Pro Plus Edition) on a machine. i have faced a strange thing that i have never seen. the option of changing text direction from right to left or left to right does not exist. it come by default with ltr direction. What's the Problem ? Hi, You need to enable a right-to-left language, such as Hebrew or Arabic. To do this, perform the following steps: 1. Close Word. 2. Click Start, click All Programs, click Microsoft Office, click Microsoft Office Tools, and then click Microsoft Office 2007 Language Settings. 3. In the "Available...

How can I put a text box in every cell?
Two questions: -How can I put a text box in every cell that I am using WITHOUT having to insert on manually every time? AND - How can I make sure that a text box inserts itself automatically into a new row whenever I add a row? Thanks! One way is to select the row with the text box and copy it to the next row. Copy and paste it several times and then select the rows and paste them as a group. "bmowell" wrote: > Two questions: > > -How can I put a text box in every cell that I am using WITHOUT having to > insert on manually every time? &g...

WINCE desktop icon text
Hello everyone�� How to make the wince desktop icon text background transparent? it is blue and so ugly when i change the Wallpaper��thank you! Auly(from china) I think that, in order to do that, you'd have to rewrite the shell. You have the source, so it should be possible. Look in the right \PUBLIC\SHELL subdirectory for somewhere that the desktop it drawn. Find where the item names are drawn as text and change the code, or allow a registry entry to control whether your change is active or not. I think that, no matter what ...

Money 2004 Small Business: Adding Discounts
I have looked and looked for how to add discount items into my invoices, i.e, 10% discount, etc. Anyone know how to do this? I have run search after search under the Help files and haven't been able to come up with anything. On this note, how easy is it to enter a partial payment? Thanks for your help!! Jessie :) Click Invoices on the top toolbar. Click create new invoice. Enter the customer then click add item. You will see the discount box on the left-hand side under the description input field. You can enter a % discount or a $$ discount. >-----Original Message-----...

HTML is being converted to text in outlook messages
I have a mixed environment of Exchange 2k3 SP2, and Exchange 5.5 SP4. Currently, the Ex5.5 server is acting as the bridgehead, so all inbound/outbound mail passes through the IMC on that box. My problem is with HTML content within emails. I recieve the messages ok (they are displayed as HTML), but when I forward them, the email loses the HTML content, and displays it in plain text. I have checked the "HTML" box setting in the IMC on the Ex5.5 bridghead server. Is there anywhere else that this needs to be enabled? Any help is appreciated. On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 09:20:31 -080...

Changing text based on criteria in an access report
Hello, I've got a textbox in a report, some records of which may contain text within { }. I need to find some way to format only that text (which may be in the middle of a string) so that it appears underlined and so that the brackets disappear. To illustrate, I posted a 5KB graphic here: http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/3523/jexamplemb2.png Does anybody have any suggestions or ideas? Thanks in advance! Mitch Access 2007 can format the text for you, using standard HTML for the underlining. Use the Replace() function to swap the braces for the HTML tags. Earlier versions of Ac...

duplicate messages #3
Each time I click "send/receive", the same two email messages are sent to my inbox. If i clik three times, the two messages will drop into my inbox for a total of six messages! Understand, i do not have "save messages on the server" selected. I have uninstalled and reinstalled outlook twice with to no avail? Suggestions? Happens to me too. My ISP said it is poorly written spam that fails to complete sending properly, so Outlook times out without completing the task of downloading including recognising what has already been downloaded and what has not. Why can&#...

Pulling data from multiple worksheets
I have one worksheet with a listing of client numbers and names. I would like to be able to type in a client number on another worksheet and have the client name automatically populate. Look at the Vlookup function or the combination of Index / Match. Vlookup will be a little more straight forward for a first timer but Index / Match is generally speaking a more flexible and less error prone solution. -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "parthur" wrote: > I have one worksheet with a listing of client numbers and names. I would > like to be able to type in a clie...

adding to lines
Hi, i am getting an output with two rows like - Item Description Category 2300798-2 1.5T HEAD/BODY Receipt Receipt Date Number 28-Apr-10 21641 how can i add above two lines in one row means after CATEGORY i need RECEIPT DATE & NUMBER ...

Rich Text & Sorting
I have a database that I need alphabetical and I want to color code some of the names. I have sorted the database alpahbetically and saved it with a new name. To sort it, I have to use Text format in my first and last name fields. When I have them listed as Rich Text it will not give me the option to sort when I highlight either of those fields. When I go in and change the name fields to Rich Text so that I can color code them, my database reverts back to not being alphabetical. What am I missing or doing wrong? Being able to color code fields is wonderful, so glad they final...

how to change the Font size and color of a static text control in dialog
New to VC++6.0. I have several static text control in my dialog box as labels. I need to apply different font size and colors to them. How should I achieve that? Tony See the examples given at the following web sites. http://www.codeproject.com/staticctrl/ http://www.codeguru.com/staticctrl/index.shtml -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] ----------------------------------- "Tony Hu" <bytj@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OL99Bi9SDHA.2280@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > New to VC++6.0. I have several static text control in my dialog box as > labels. ...

how can I split one cell's data into two cells?
I am using Excel as a database, and have a column with cells with a person's name (text) in it...e.g., John Smith. NOW, after the fact, I wish to have a column with just John in it, and another column with just Smith...but I have NO idea how to do this! Help would be appreciated. Thank you. Please refrain from multiposting, you have answers in one of the 4! newsgroups you posted the same question in. Multiposting is frowned upon and even the MS web interface states so -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Excel 95 - Excel 2007 Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com "It ...

How do you convert a formula cell to a constant cell
I use a formula to calculate the value, such as time difference, and want to save the value not the formula. The value (constant) will be used later to adjust both time cells used as arguments in the original formula--thus the need to preserve the value computed rather than the formula. After calculation, copy the cell with the formula then Edit - Paste Special - Values on the same cell. HTH "JQLogan" wrote: > I use a formula to calculate the value, such as time difference, and want to > save the value not the formula. The value (constant) will be used later to > ...

duplicate records 10-26-05
Hi, How can i make a field as primary? For Example: in the account record, can i make the account name as Priamry. How can we control duplicate records in CRM? like cases, contacts, accounts etc. Do we need any customization? What tools can we use to accomplish this? Thanks Dev In CRM 1.2 you can not change the primary field and there is no duplicate checking. There are 3rd party tools that can do searches for duplicates and let you merge them, but nothing really effective at preventing duplicate records. For CRM 3.0 there is an example in the SDK of how to create a custom duplicat...

AD replication problems
I have two sites each running it's own DC. When I create a user on Site 2 DC and after a few seconds search for that user it doesn't appear on Site 2 DC instead it appears on Site 1 DC. What could be causing this? Regards It sounds like you are attached to the site 1 dc even though you might be in the site 2 dc's site. How are you creating the user and how are you looking at where it is showing up? -- Paul Bergson MVP - Directory Services MCITP - Enterprise Administrator MCTS, MCT, MCSE, MCSA, MCP, Security +, BS CSci 2008, Vista, 2003, 2000 (Early Achiever)...

Using TEXT and &TEXT
I'm familiar with the TEXT function, but sometimes a number will display incorrectly when I format numbers to display with a comma if 4 digits or more. For example, TEXT(F1,"0,0") will display 10 thru 999 correctly and displays 1000 correctly as 1,000, but displays 1 thru 9 as 01, 02, etc. Also wondering how to format part of a TEXT formula to underline, and bold or color selected words. Maybe you want: =text(f1,"#,###") or =text(f1,"#,##0") If this doesn't help, maybe you could post the values and what you want to see for a few exa...

Change Fore Color in text box
Hi, I have a form with a text box and a drop down box. From the drop down box I want to select a color and based on the color selected I want the text (Fore Color) in the text box to change to the color selected. The drop down box is called selectcolor and the text box is called title. Can someone tell me how to do this? Thanks in advance. Phillip - In the OnClick event of your drop down box, put this control: Me.title.forecolor = Me.selectcolor.column(0) This sill work if your drop-box is based on a table with the color number in the first column and the descriptio...