adding data

I want to add data to a current cell, can this be done?
0
anonymous (74722)

You can add to the value in a cell. For example to add 100 to a cell, or
group of cells:

Type 100 in an empty cell on the worksheet
Select the cell that contains 100
Choose Edit>Copy
Select the cells you want to increase
Choose Edit>Paste Special
Select Add, click OK

Clear the cell in which you typed 100

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

SQL in Excel data
Hi all, Is there a possibility/way to run an SQL query in an excel data sheet? I have quite some data like the sample below, now i would like to have the sum of spending for each person. Like it is possible in Access. A1 B1 Field1 Field2 Chuck 12,89 Mike 23,09 Jean 9,34 Chuck 30,00 Mike 3,80 Chuck 22,00 Mike 7,23 Jean 10,55 Jean 10,75 Jean 31,45 Chuck 19,99 Result Field1 SumOfField2 Chuck 84,88 Jean 62,09 Mike 34,12 Advice would be appriciated. Cheers, Ludovic Hi You could use a formula like this ...

DPM forces a Consistency Check on data
Hi all, I have a DPM 2007 SP1 server in one office ? and are trying to backup data in another office, connected by T1 (1.54Mbps) link. It works, but every time there is an issue ? DPM forces a Consistency Check on XGB( >100) of data, which takes 5-7 days to complete. can any tell abt this. thanks in advance gopal Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Useful ASP.NET Exception Engine http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/52012346-36db-4a47-ac61-8b9c9b4ce9a0/useful-aspnet-exception.aspx Hi Gopal, Can you please eloborate on "Ev...

How to get XML data out of an XML file

Erase data, preserve formula's
I have a an excel file with 12 worksheets for the financial year and an additional worksheet for yearly totals. I need to get a blank copy of this and was wondering if anyone knew a way to delete all the user inputted data while keeping the formatting and formula's intact. Any help is much appreciated. -- urbanfox ------------------------------------------------------------------------ urbanfox's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=22826 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=519004 Hi Hit F5 and select Special a...

AD/Network design question
Hello all I have a 2 sites which users come and go from. These sites have 2 different network ip domains (192.168.1.x and 192.168.2.x). Users need to be authenticated using the same user id and password at both sites. DC/GC is at 192.168.1.x and is a SBS 2003. Server at 192.168.2.x is Server 2003. When the server at 192.168.2.x is connected via vpn to 192.168.1.x all is well. How do I get the server at 192.168.2.x to act as a AD/DC when it’s not connected to 192.168.1.x ? Thank you Hal I think you will run here into the limitations of SBS :-( @ SBS experts : ...

How refresh imported data automatically?
In Excel, I've imported data into a worksheet. I know I can click Data.. Refresh Data to requery the source, but I want to be able to do it in a more automated way. Is there some sort of macro I can write when opened or something? Thanks, Ron Ron, Select the cell the data starts in, select Data/Import External Data/Data Range Properties Check the box "Refresh on file open" and anything else that needs checking off... Other than that, you could record a new Macro that selects your cell, refreshes data, and assign the macro to a keystroke, or even an icon. Beege ...

Adding additional rows for data entry
I have a spreadsheet with five columns that I enter data to. I then have a blank row at the bottom of these columns. Below the blank row I have several formulas pertaining to each row. How do I add more data to the columns and have the formulas adjust for these new rows without highlighting rows and using the insert rows command to make room (empty rows) where I can then add the additional data to the columns. Is there a formula that would always leave one empty row even when new data is entered in the columns? Thanks Put the formulas at the top of the columns. You can even use a Freeze ...

Question About Missing Data
So, this is probably really easy, but I just want to ask and see if I may be missing something here. Some data on vendor numbers changed. Let’s say IBM used to have a vendor number 12345 and now it’s vendor number is 56789. I can identify IBM as IBM, but I really want to use the number, not the name. Should I set up a table that ties the numbers together, so that Access knows 12345 = 56789? Or, should I do some kind of Update Query and change all incidences of 12345 to be 56789? Or, is there some other, method, like a ‘best practices for missing data’? Thanks! Ryan--- ...

Outlook Data Files #4

Pivot table and organizing data
This one is really making me scratch my head. Here is the story. I have a list of information which I am pulling in via a query from SQL. Data is good and it correctly comes into Excel (03 or 07). I have five columns with data: Date, Time, AccountID , Status. First two are self-explanatory; third is a 3-letter ID, forth is a status (pass/fail). Ok, now that you have an idea, here is what I need: 1. List the account IDs as a column 2. List the dates as rows 3. Place the alert into the location that corresponds to the appropriate data and account I know this 'sounds' like a strai...

Copy data from one record to a new record on a sub form
I have a form showing patient details with a sub form displaying all associated referral details for the patient. One patient can have more than one referral and I would like to be able to copy data from some of the fields on the current referral when adding a new referral for the same patient. Is this possible? Thank you for your help I am fairly new to Access code and I am having some problem following your suggestion could you please simplify. Also some of the fields on the referral records are selected via a combo box will these fields still copy? "Klatuu" wrote: > ...

Prevent Hidden Column data from being copied/pasted?
A student came up with a question that I haven't been able to figure out yet in a recent Excel class. They are hiding a column and protecting the worksheet in the correct manner. They want to allow some users to access and enter information in some cells. They do not want the users to be able to copy and paste the information from the hidden column. The question is how can this be prevented? For example, Column B is hidden. When they copy a range such as A1:C10 and paste it to another worksheet, they are getting the "hidden" data in Column B in B1:B10. Any suggestions wou...

Find what control is using a data item
I built a form, then deleted 2 columns from the source table and now I get a popup asking for the value of those 2 columns. The problem is, I don't use those columns so I need to find what on the form is refferencing the deleted columns. I have looked at the control drop down on the properties window and the tab order window and can't find a control with either one of the missing column names. How do I determine what is trying to refference the deleted columns? I found the problem, the column was still referenced in the underlying query that fed the form. "MeSteve"...

Data Validation Greyed out #2
The spreadsheet is not protected -- jcm122 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jcm1229's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1484 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26479 Do you have more than one worksheet selected? (Look in the title bar for [Group]. If you see it, rightclick on any worksheet tab in the grouped sheets and select Ungroup Sheets. jcm1229 wrote: > > The spreadsheet is not protected. > > -- > jcm1229 > ------------------------------------------...

Protecting user from changing previous data
Hi All, I have a block of data A1:D10 with Protection using ALLOW USER TO EDIT RANGE. The user enter data with the following order: Input 1: A1, B1, C1, D1 Input 2: A2, B2, C2, D2 Input 3: A3, B3, C3, D3 I would like to Automatically prevent the user from changing ROW A1-D1 when Inserting NEW ROWS (Row A2-D2, Row A3-D3). Thank you. This can be a very complex issue if you don't think things out really well ahead of time. What happens if, after they've typed data in A1:D1 and while entering more data in rows below row 1, they realize they made a mistake...

Split single cell data into multiple colums
i have a huge data, converted from image to Excel. After converting the image to Excel all the data are stored in one cell( A1). But i want that to be split into different colums Example A1 September 15,2006 Name Email ID Father's Name Address City State Pincode Phone1 Phone2 Contact Time Area Code City Code State Code Amount Discount Total Occupation Emp no Remarks The above headers are the data in one single cell, but have too many spaces between each word. Help me get this resolved -- Thanks and...

merging data
Hi all:) I'm new to this forum and to to Excel (2000) and not sure that I'm asking this question correctly but here is what I'm trying to do. The data on my work sheet is pasted from another sorce and includes information: name, ref #, time, date. I use this information looking up the status of an order and enter a "status note" in 5th (last) column. As the day progresses, the source that the data comes from is copied and pasted under the current list I already have going and much of the data on the lower list is a duplicate. How can I merge the to list so that I hav...

Accessing Outlook data from database or programatically from ASP.NET
Hi all! I'm not sure whether I post this in the correct group but nevertheless, here is my problem: I would like to manipulate Outlook data (tasks, contacts, calendar, etc.) programatically from an ASP.NET apllication, more precisely I would like to be able to add and change contacts and enter events to calendar in the Outlook from a web application. Now, the logical way seemed to be to link from an MS Access database to objects within Outlook and then to access those tables from within my ASP.NET code. However, I've noticed something strange: for example, the linked table &qu...

Error: no data exchange control with ID
I have a CView, and trying to create a dialog for user input. Unfortunately, I am getting the message & assert Error: no data exchange control with ID 110 Here is my code class CDlgGoto : public CDialog { // Construction public: CDlgGoto(CWnd* pParent = NULL); // standard constructor virtual ~CDlgGoto(); CString m_userGoto;// the number as input by the user //HWND m_DlgGoto; int m_iGoto;// goto line virtual int DoModal(); // Dialog Data //{{AFX_DATA(CDlgmsgqguiGoto) enum { IDD = IDD_DIALOG_GOTO };//110 // NOTE: the ClassWizard will add data members here //}}AFX_DATA // ...

Adding button to Form, How to get the wizard?
Hello, I am adding a button to my form and I need the button to open, save or close other forms. I want the wizard to start directly after I add the button to the form. I started first time but than I have to changed someting and it is not running anymore. Can you help me? Thanks a lot Jan, When you have the form in design view goto the Toolbox toolbar and ensure that the Control Wizard (2nd button from the left) button is selected (highlighted). This button can be enabled or disabled. when enable the wizard will startup when disabled it leaves you to do all the worksetup yourself...

auto fill in data when changing fields
i new to crm 4 and i would like to; once i selected the account i need it to grab the main phone and put it in the phone field, and could you tell me where i need to do this, thanks -- j.hardy you can modify the mappings of the corresponding relationship "moon" wrote: > i new to crm 4 and i would like to; once i selected the account i need it to > grab the main phone and put it in the phone field, and could you tell me > where i need to do this, thanks > -- > j.hardy ...

How can I make data entry easier?
I am creating a catalogue of information resources and need to classify each according to the subject(s) it covers. I have created two tables, tblResources and tblSubjects, and a table that joins them. I can easily create a form for the resources with a subform to list the subjects with a drop-down box from which to pick. However, with a very long list of subjects, it's a bit unwieldy. I know that the people who will be undertaking the classification would love check boxes on a form they can tick. Is there a simple way of setting this up for them? Would I have to writ...

Documenting the backup of data
This may not be the place to ask however i am looking for resources on how i may document data I am backing up from an oracle database to MS Access. Basically I have my oracle database and i have an Acess database. I have to back up 3 tables from oracle into access. I have no idea how i would document this. I want to say Columns 1, column 2 from table A in oracle will be backed up to Column 1a and Column 1b in Access. Has anyone had similar exeperiences? Does anyone know of any resources on the net or example? ...