Adding cells togather on a specific date

Not sure if this is possible or i need to do a VBA or a macro or a
formula. i am working on an excell spreadsheet for my vacation. I have
a spreadsheet i am working with now and it is ok , just wanna make it
better. What i would like to have done is i get 8 hrs of leave a month
on the first of the month. i have the months running down the left
side. in rolum A  a number "8" in colum B. How can i get excell to add
"8" to my running total automaticly the first time i have opened excel
after the first of the month ? Hope this wasnt to confusing thank you

Hello

In Column B cannot you not have the formula
=IF(A2<=TODAY(),8,0)

running down the page?

Nick

http://www.ExcelForum.com/

>.

0
anonymous (74722)
11/14/2003 5:08:04 AM
Something like ... ?
=IF(TODAY()<DATEVALUE("1/11/03"),A1,A1+B1)

Regards
BrianB

fordguy <fordguy.wv7px@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:<fordguy.wv7px@excelforum-nospam.com>...
> Not sure if this is possible or i need to do a VBA or a macro or a
> formula. i am working on an excell spreadsheet for my vacation. I have
> a spreadsheet i am working with now and it is ok , just wanna make it
> better. What i would like to have done is i get 8 hrs of leave a month
> on the first of the month. i have the months running down the left
> side. in rolum A  a number "8" in colum B. How can i get excell to add
> "8" to my running total automaticly the first time i have opened excel
> after the first of the month ? Hope this wasnt to confusing thank you

Brian.anon (77)

Removing characters from cell
Hope someone can help me with this one.... I have text in column "A" a list of parts like the following..... ...nhg1234 ..nhg1235.54 nhg3456 ....nhg1253.7 Is thier anyway of removing the dots in front the part number? I dont want the points moving after the the main part of the number. Please help TiA mag()() Do you part numbers all start with nhg? If yes, you could select column A edit|Replace what: .n with: n replace all And keep hitting the replace all button until all are fixed. "Mag()()" wrote: > > Hope someone can help me with this one.... >...

Setting a date in the Header
I have a report that I need to print every Friday, but the report is for the following week. So, I want it to say "For the week of: Monday, November 5, 2007." How do I calculate the date to be next Monday? IF you run the report on Friday (and never on any other day), -- Add a control to the report -- Set its source to = "For the week of " & Format(DateAdd("d",3,Date()), "Long Date") If you run the report on any other day of the week this will fail. So you might want to use = "For the week of " & Format(DateAdd("d&...

How to count cells
Hi, I want to put a summary of Job orders in a table. (Excel (Zip) file attached) I am having a problem of total. I want to make a total of only approved job orders not the all job orders. Also if the column contains hot / cold type, I need red and bold for hot job order of complete row. Also I want to be counted by job type and entity. For example, in the total approved 7 permits, CONST entity 3 cold jobs and 1 hot job. how can i display in the abstract table. Can anyone help me please. +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: count.zip ...

Adding Named Formulas to a Chart
Guys I've been trying to figure out how to add a named formula to series' field. Do i just add teh name of the formula in quotes, singl quotes, or what? thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Maurice, like this: =workbook.xls!rangename -- DDM "DDM's Microsoft Office Tips and Tricks" Visit us at www.ddmcomputing.com "maurices5000 >" <<maurices5000.178a3w@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:maurices5000.178a3w@excelforum-nospam.com... > Guys I've been trying to figure out how to add a named formula to a > ...

Unpopulated Cell Address
Hi I'm a newbie and was wondering can anyone help with my query. I am trying to find out how to print a spreadsheet with just the data that is contained in certain cell address's. Where a cell address is not populated I want the whole row to not appear in a printed copy. Any ideas? Try this idea Sub hiderowsandprint() With Range("a1:a21") .SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks).Rows.Hidden = True .Resize(21, 8).PrintPreview .Rows.Hidden = False End With End Sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Mick Smith" <notsa...

Calculating dates
A quick question before i'm off to bed :) I got several dates, all in the future. I'll just give an example, cause it'll be hell to explain otherwise :p I have a date (Belgian format) 26-07-2008 (= July 26th, 2008). Now I need to know how many days have past from 26-07-2004 untill now. So, day and month stay the same and year needs to change to the year before the current one. Then count the days untill the date now. I need this to calculate accrued intrest, should someone wonder (or if that makes it easier to understand ;) ) Preferably, a short function (if possible) since it...

Preventing Column Cell Values from Printing
I have a summary worksheet with several columns of information. There is one particular column (E25:F39) where I don't always want to print the values. Is there some simple way to toggle this column's values on and off just before hitting the print command? I was thinking of using an adjacent tick box outside the print area, which when ticked would print the column values, and vice-versa. I'm looking for a formula that would examine the tick box, and if the tick (letter 'a' in Marlett font) is not present (i.e. cell value = ""), then the values in column (E25:...

Adding a new data series to an existing chart
I have a stacked bar chart that shows monthly sales by customer type. I want to add an additional data series to show the monthly forecast, to be displayed as a point or line against the existing stacked-bar data. Any ideas? Select the data you want to plot. Drag onto the chart. XL will pop up with a dialog box asking for some information. Provide it and you will be all set. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta MS MVP Excel 2000-2004 www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA tutorials and add-ins Custom Productivity Solutions leveraging MS Office In article <1418C2D7-4DF6-4945-A08A...

change the formula by changing contents of cell
I have a table that ranks a list of players by their statistics, for example, when I change cell B2 to "walks", my formula (large) lists the player with the most walks in cell B4, 2nd most in B5, 3rd in B6... that works well because more walks are good. But, when I change cell B2 to "strikeouts" I want it to list the player with the fewest number of strikeouts in B4, next fewest in B5 and so on. Is there a way to change the "large" function to the "small" function within the formula? I have set up a helper cell (C2) that changes fro...

How do I change the value in cell based on a future date
I would like certain cells to be cleared after a certain date one way: Put this in the ThisWorkbook code module (Right-click the workbook title bar and choose View Code): Public Sub Workbook_Open() If Date > #12/15/2004# Then _ Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1,B2,J10,K39").ClearContents End Sub Note that this won't work if the user opens your workbook with macros disabled. Note also that there's no way to prevent a user from accessing your data - i.e., they can set their clock back and open the file. You can make things more difficu...

IF COUNTIF & COUNTA on Filtered Visible Cells #7
Hi Frank, Hope this will help. Correction to Last Posting: My Helper Column "U" increments one Row at a time and says: Check from Row above Current Row back to beginning of my "V" Range: i the Room was used previously give me the Last (MAX) time it was used b returning the relevant Row Number of the (text based) Group Nam (Executive, Trainees, Manager, Graphics, etc.) that used the Room Last The Helper Column "U" then passes this data to the Formula in Colum "T" - it checks for the criteria within the specified Range and doe the COUNT calculation us...

Problem with a date and concatenation
I got some data out of one of our in house databases and it comes out as 01/022206, for example..a missing second "/" (we need to FIX that damn databse too) I have thousands of these rows, and I need to do some analyses by date, so I need a correct date. So I was going to use text to columns> fixed width and separate the 01/02 from the 2006, then I would concatenate with (replacing the actual contents with the cell name of course) ="01/02"&"/"&"2006" But when I do the text to columns, I get the 2006 but I I don't get 01/02.. I get a...

Changes to requested ship date in SOP should roll down to lines
When changing the requested ship date at the header on open SOP orders you should have the option to roll this change down to existing SOP lines. -- Jim@TurboChef ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/News...

Data within a cell
If names are in cells as "last name, first name, middle initial" can a macro be run to change the order to "first name, middle initial, last name"? A formula will do Assuming you have spaces between commas and names, =MID(A2,FIND(",",A2)+2,FIND(",",A2,FIND(",",A2)))&RIGHT(A2,FIND(",",A2,FIND(",",A2)))&", "&LEFT(A2,FIND(",",A2)-1) Then just copy down. If you want this more permanent, copy the cells with formulas, right click, paste special. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click &q...

Transfering a changing cell value progressively through a workbook
I am creating a payment application form in excel 2007 using windows 7. Each worksheet represents one months invoice. Say I have a formula in "sheet 1/ cell Q7" that sums the total billed to date for a particular budget line item. This value will be transfered to a the next months payment application "sheet 2/ cell K7" this becomes the total amount of previous applications, then "sheet 2/ Q7 is =sum(K7,M7,O7) this value is transfered to "sheet 3/ K7, and so on and so on, until the completion of the job. How do I acomplish this. -- Thanks Mike ...

Data entered from list automatically enters number in another cell
I am using Excel 2007 and here is an simplified example of what I need. Items Price Potatoes 4.35 Apples 5.55 Oranges 7.95 Onions 4.55 Carrots 3.75 Items Column is List for Valid entries in table below Prices are the numbers I want entered when I enter the Item If I enter Oranges from Dropdown List in A16 , I want Excel to automatically enter the number 7.95 3 columns over in D16,or if it is quite a bit easier, just 1 column over in cell B16 Example of table I want: My Entries: Excel Enters ...

perpetual dates
Is there a way to have excel automatically add a new date to the end of a column each day? My goal is to have an automatic date in column A and daily closing prices for the S&P500(in column B) corresponding to those dates that are updated via web query. Thanks so much! Maybe... Option Explicit Sub auto_open() Dim LastCell As Range With Worksheets("Sheet1") Set LastCell = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp) If LastCell.Value = Date Then 'already opened and populated 'do nothing Else With Las...

Switch format characteristics cell-by-cell?
I want to do something like this: IIf([table_a].addr1 <> [tableb].addr1, SwitchToBold([tablea].addr1), [tablea].addr1) Is there such a function or set of functions, e.g. switch to italics or change the font entirely? I can't find it and am not entirely sure where to look. Thanks in advance. On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 11:30:14 -0700, Jonathan Ball <notgenx32@yahoo.com> wrote: >I want to do something like this: > >IIf([table_a].addr1 <> [tableb].addr1, SwitchToBold([tablea].addr1), >[tablea].addr1) > >Is there such a function or set of functions, e.g. swit...

How many characters per cell
How many characters can you fit into one cell. We are having a problem with text being cut off when printing, but i shows up when viewing on either Print Preview or normal view -- aletoconstc ----------------------------------------------------------------------- aletoconstco's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3533 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55334 Excel Help on "limits" or "specifications" reveals that Excel will allow 32,767 characters to be entered in a cell. However, it goes on t...

Starting a macro by editing a cell
I would like a macro to be initiated whenever someone edits a particula cell, does anyone now how this can be done? Many Thanks, Yianni -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Yiannis You would need on change macro in the worksheet module Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) If Target.Address = "$A$1" Then my code gets actioned here if target.value = "" then exit sub end if End If End Su -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Find Last cell with Date
I need to find the last cell in a row that has a date entered. The date should then be entered into another cell which is updated as more dates are added to the row. Thanks for your help. Ken Russell Remove hat to reply by e-mail kenrussellhat@optushome.com.au --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.742 / Virus Database: 495 - Release Date: 19/08/2004 Hi for column A try: =LOOKUP(9.99999999999999E307,A:A) Note: - returns the last NUMERIC value. that is you can't differentiate between numbers and dates (as ...

Clear cell value without macro?
Is there any way to clear a cell value when the sheet is selected or the workbook opened without using a macro? Ed Click on the cell and press the <delete> key. Is this what you mean? Pete On Dec 9, 1:44=A0pm, Ed from AZ <prof_ofw...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Is there any way to clear a cell value when the sheet is selected or > the workbook opened without using a macro? > > Ed > On Dec 9, 1:44 pm, Ed from AZ wrote: > > Is there any way to clear a cell value when the sheet is selected or > > the workbook opened without using a macro? On Dec 9, 7:02=A0a...

Cells with same text but excel think it's different?
I have two cells with exacely the same text. but excel think it's different and not returning any value for my vlookup.. I used if statement and the result is showing the 2 cells are different. I checked format, space and even '. can someone please help? thanks. Do you have an 0 instead of a O? (Number zero, letter O) -- Regards Andy Wiggins www.BygSoftware.com Home of "Save and BackUp", "The Excel Auditor" and "Byg Tools for VBA" "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:84F83A62-88D7-4292-9B2E-B8F34B737B48@mic...

automate adding records to a grid
I'm trying to automate adding records to a grid control (such as lines in a journal entry, for example). I'm able to fill in the fields on the current line using either macros or vba without difficulty, but the problem is when I try to move to the next line. I've tried macros, but they seem to need to know which line of the displayed lines in the grid we're filling in in order to move to the next line. For example, "line 1" is completed, then you do a move to "line 2", then move to "line 2" again, then "line 2", etc. in a grid ...

Lines of a cell disappear HELP!
I have a spread sheet with various columns in use. I cut and pasted a formula from a different location into all of the cells of one column. The formula calculates the correct answer however the 4 lines that make up the cell (so to speak) vanish. How do I get them back? I tried changing the size of the cell but the lines do not come back. Hard to explain without seeing so I hope its clear. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Peter -- pgruening ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pgruening's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=ge...