Add specified amount of numbers in a list

I have a long list of numbers in column A. I'd like to be able to ad
these numbers, 20 at a time...  i.e. numbers 1 -20, 21 -40, 41- 60
etc.

Any ideas

--
judois
judoist's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1059

Hi,

Try

=SUM(INDIRECT("a"&(ROW()-1)*20+1&":A"&ROW()*20))

and formula-drag that down for 1/20th of the number of rows involved

--
Bryan Hessey
Bryan Hessey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21059

Another option

=SUM(OFFSET($A$1,(ROW(A1)-1)*20,0,20,1))

--

HTH

RP

"Bryan Hessey" <Bryan.Hessey.1z1pvm_1132910701.3327@excelforum-nospam.com>
wrote in message

> Hi,
>
> Try
>
> =SUM(INDIRECT("a"&(ROW()-1)*20+1&":A"&ROW()*20))
>
> and formula-drag that down for 1/20th of the number of rows involved
>

> judoist Wrote:
> > I have a long list of numbers in column A. I'd like to be able to add
> > these numbers, 20 at a time...  i.e. numbers 1 -20, 21 -40, 41- 60,
> > etc.
> >
> > Any ideas ?
>

> --
> Bryan Hessey
> Bryan Hessey's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21059
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=488098

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
11/25/2005 9:59:39 AM
Thanks guys..

--
judois
judoist's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1059
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48809

Lookup to create List
Thanks in Advance: my data looks like this in columns B to Q heading1 heading2 heading3 heading4 heading5 heading6 Sales Rep. name 1 Company 121 556 50 5463 ABC name 1 Company 121 556 50 5463 MNP name 1 Company 121 556 50 5463 ABC name 1 Company 121 556 50 5463 YRS blank row name 1 Company 121 556 50 5463 ABC name 1 Company 121 556 50 5463 ...

Automatically add Signature to Outlook Clients #2
Is it possible to automatically add a signature to outlook clients with Exchange 2003 Enterprise? If so, can this info be pulled from AD? Probably if you were to write a sophisticated enough event sink but I'm not sure you want to go to that trouble. Much easier to have a single "signature" for everyone. What do you want to include in the signature? Nue "James" <James@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F71791BA-4351-4B6C-930C-7E0D32222FFD@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to automatically add a signature to outlook clients with > Exchang...

Email in to do task list
Hi all, I don't know if its normal, but when i track an email in my CRM, this email go in my to do task list, i put the account for it, and i save it. But this email, keep in my to do list. But i don't have any action for this email (it's an information email from my client), i just want to link it to the account, and, not more. But this email don't do out of my to do list. How can i delete this mail from my to do list, but don't delete it from my account ? Thank's a lot. Oops sorry, some others informations : I'm using CRM 3 FR with Rollup update 3 &...

Serial Number Transfers
Does any one have any ideas of how to transfers serial numbers from store to store without having to re-scan the items at the receiving end . The first problem was the slow scanning of multiple serial numbers , but now our scanner is programmed to handel the jumps to the next line. But now we have to transfer from store to store and the hassle of re entering the serial number on the receiving end is a problem . This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00BC_01C6FC2E.7882EFE0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-pri...

sort by number of letters?
Hey, I was wondering how i would sort a column by the number of letters? for example: Mark Larry Andrew etc. I'm kinda new to excel, so as much information would be appreciated :) I'd use an adjacent column with a formula like: =len(a1) and drag down. Then select all the range and data|sort by that helper column Wicked Joe wrote: > > Hey, > I was wondering how i would sort a column by the number of letters? for > example: > Mark > Larry > Andrew > etc. > > I'm kinda new to excel, so as much information would be appreciated :) -- Dave Pete...

page numbers & captions
I am running Word v.X on an iBook and can't seem to find some functions. Word help directs me to the Insert menu for captions for objects and tables, but it is not there. In addition, I can't find page numbers under the View pulldown menu. Where are they? seitu Actually, page numbers should be under Insert, or better to use the icon on the toolbar that appears when you View Headers/Footers. Otherwise: Make sure you didn't accidentally turn on "Word 5.1 Menus". Look under View to see if there's a check next to that option. If that isn't the problem: If you go ...

Importing number with dash changes to date
I'm imporint data (which I have no control over) into Excel. Some of the number contain 2 digits, a dash, then 6 more digits, for ex 02-9098 Excel interprets that number as Feb 1, 9098. Changing the cell format to number or text does not get the original value back, instead, I get 2629049 which is obviously not correct. Is there a way to undo the date and get the original number back? Thanks, Dee Sperling When you import the data (either programmatically or manually), tell Excel that the field is Text. That way, no conversion will take place. -- Gary''s S...

how to search for '1 ' the number 1 and 9 blanks?
how can you search for imbedded blanks? i need to search for the number 1 followed by 9 blanks? i have tried quotes and double quotes, neither worked. I keep getting every email with the number 1 in it. "kafoland" <kafoland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B6B9AB63-EFA9-469B-B582-B6D18F3F4111@microsoft.com... > how can you search for imbedded blanks? i need to search for the number 1 > followed by 9 blanks? i have tried quotes and double quotes, neither worked. > I keep getting every email with the number 1 in it. Searches tend to treat ...

Safe Senders List #3
When I receive an email that goes into junk email but belongs in my inbox, if I go to the Outlook junk mail and left click add senders domain to safe senders list, it does not work. I have to add the name by hand in the "add" item - is this the way this is supposed to work? Thanks! When you select a message in the junk email folder (not the folder), you can select: Actions-->Junk E-mail-->Add Senders Domain to Safe Senders List or Right click on the message and then select Junk E-mail-->Add Senders Domain to Safe Senders List This should return a dialogue box that r...

Creating a list using the file names
I want to use listed information within the file information found in MS Windows Media Player to create a list that I can manage song selection from. Does anyone have an idea how I can create a list without having to physically type in the information of every song? Songs can be many things. If mp3 http://spreadsheetpage.com/index.php/file/mp3_file_lister/ HTH. Best wishes Harald "Garry" <Garry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC8BD55A-2E16-43DB-B9F7-8605FCB6F993@microsoft.com... >I want to use listed information within the file information...

Why does a second contact appear when I type in a Fax Number?
I'm trying to setup new contacts and once I put in a fax Number for a contact Two of the Same contact names appear. Under Email type it says fax and under email address it say the name @ the fax number fro example joe@+1416-555-5155. Can some one help me to have this stop happening. Is this in the address book? If so, that's standard behavior since Outlook can send faxes and considers fax numbers vald electronic addresses. "Marco Favaro" <Marco Favaro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2265AC7B-6A0B-4644-A607-5485DB286FCB@microsoft.com... > I&#...

Exchange 2003: Not all distribution list members recieving e-mail
Morning all! We have 3 distribution lists that we use to send mail to our 3 different regions. I have users in each list that are not reciving the e-mails sent to the lists. I have verified their email address's, made sure they were in the right group. I can look at the email (it gets sent to me as well) and I can see that they are in the list. Now, if I send them an e-mail from their contact, they get it. Its just when we send them e-mail on this list. Any ideas? Thanks, Tom On 12 Sep 2005 09:59:33 -0700, tomfarr@gmail.com wrote: >Morning all! > >We have 3 distribution li...

in WORD DOCUMENT, I want to type in a 9-digit phone number "xxxxxx
in WORD DOCUMENT, I want to type in a 9-digit phone number "xxxxxxxxx" and have it automatically change to the following format: (xxx) xxx-xxxx. Please help The only way to do it automatically in Word is to have the number entered into a Text FormField that is formatted as a Number field with the appropriate formatting switch in a document that is protected for filling in forms. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.mic...

Wingding Font List ...
Excel 2000 ... looking for Font List that will reflect corresponding Wingding symbols vs alphanumeric cell entry ... Thanks ... Kha Hi create it on your own :-) A1: =ROW()+29 B1: =CHAR(A1) format cell B1 with the font 'wingdings' copy cell A1:B1 down as far as needed -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ken wrote: > Excel 2000 ... looking for Font List that will reflect > corresponding Wingding symbols vs alphanumeric cell > entry ... > > Thanks ... Kha Frank ... How simple ... I will do this ... Thanks ... Kha >-----Original Message----- >Hi >c...

sender is in specified Address Book
This simple rule Apply this rule after the message arrives sender is in Global Address List Address Book move it to the xyz folder does not work. It does not appear to find any of the senders who definitely in the Global Address List ...

How to get cell input to access list?
Very new to excel. Here's scenario. On worksheet 1, cell A1 enter 1. Would like this to cross reference this number within a range of number on worksheet 2 and report back the data immediately to right back to cell A2. This down below is how I've entered my data down below on worksheet 2. Thanks. 1 A 5 E 2 B 6 F 3 C 7 G 4 D 8 H Have a look in the help index for VLOOKUP -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com <hacdunqh@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:050be880-16c8-433e-9f8e-f619bc7969ad@71g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > Ve...

Is there a registry key to specify the idle time before tracking info is processed?
Hello, In Outlook, read receipts and delivery notifications are processed in idle time, which seems to be about 1-2 minutes. Anyone know if a registry key specifies the exact idle time? We're looking to reduce it, like to zero if feasible! Thanks, - Alan. How did you come to this conclusion? Receipts are processed immediately = when using Exchange. Perhaps you need to specify your environment. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, Alan asked: | Hello, |=20 | In Outlook, read receipts and de...

Cell Number Format
Is there a way to format a cell's number from 1.2 to 1,200,000? I know how to format millions to ones but how do I convert from ones to millions? (I don't want to have to multiply in another cell). Thanks!!! I could be wrong but, suspect there is no way to achieve what you want using format. You could use the sheet change event to multiply numbers entered by one million and format the result as you wish using code below. Just right-click on the tab of the appropriate worksheet, click view code and paste. Note. this will multiply value in column C only. You will need to modify ...

Null in select list
I have never seen this format before: INSERT INTO #temp SELECT name, null [Title] FROM persons Is that the same as: INSERT INTO #temp SELECT name, CASE WHEN Title IS NULL THEN NULL ELSE Title END FROM persons Thanks, Tom Getting rid of dialect and guessing at the data element names, I think you meant: INSERT INTO Foobar (something_name, something_title) SELECT something_name, CAST (NULL AS <data type>) AS something_title FROM People; tshad No, in this case [Title] is just the column alias for the result set of the SELECT, which will become the c...

Quick Campaign Notes do not list in the contact directly
Hi, I have no glue if I do make something wrong or this is by design: When I make notes to a contact within a quickcampaign this note is not in the history and it is also not in the main notes of the contact. IMHO notes to a contact of anything should be found in the main notes, no matter where the come from. (Is there a filter or something I could change - if it is that way) best regards Antonio ...

Auto populate field with 100 different number range
I wan to be able to auto populate my subform(datasheet) with the data below whicj is more than 100 number ranges... 1-24 25-48 49-72 73-96 97-120 121-144 and so on. How do i do this? You have described HOW ("...populate ...with ... more than 100 number ranges"), but left out the WHAT or WHY. If you'll describe what you plan to do with the data, the newsgroup readers may be able to offer alternate approaches. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP <emerlita@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:1178559067.120784.304580@o5g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... >I wan to ...

average of decreased amount
In column A, rows 1 through 31. Each row represents a day's fund. We need a way to return the value, in a separate cell somewhere, of an average use. By that almost everyday the amount will decrease and we want to know what that average amount of decrease is for the day to day use of all 31 days. But on some days the fund is replenished and the amount grows and we don't want that included in the average. Only an average of decreased amount is needed. Thank You if this can be done. Perhaps one way .. Assume data in A1:A31 In B2: =A1-A2 B2 copied down to B31 Then just place...

comapre two lists
Hi once i did this, but now i've forgotten the formula. I want to comapre two lists, I want to use a conditional formatting, so that those cells that their contents doesn't exist in the other list would be marked in color gray. if anyone can help please! last time I remeber I used the function countif(). thanks a lot. Mansure Hi if your lists are in A1:A100 and B1:B100 try: - select A1:A100 - goto the conditional format dialog - enter the formula =COUNTIF($B$1:$B$100,A1)=0 - choose your format -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "mansure" <mansure@discussions.mi...

LDAP Filter on Adress List
Dear Support, How to built one adress list by Organisation Unit? I must find only recipients of this OU. Thanks for helping I manage an exchange environment for a school at a university. Many of our faculty have very large mailboxes and like to keep their mail for ever. As silly as it may sound, I try to support this. My peferred configuration for these people is to auto-archive mail from the server into a .pst when it reaches some age then divide their pst files into years for permanent archiving. The benefits for this are obvious. The problem is how to backup the local copy of...

Domain Controller listing
I want to import the list of all domain controllers, ad sites, domains into tables in a Word file, how can achieve this using PS language? A table in Word... I can't remember ever seeing anyone try that form any scripting language. That doesn't mean it isn't possible. What version of Word? I wonder whether it can be more easily done in XML... Marco "Alcin" <alcin@live.com> wrote in message news:#crJ6u6qKHA.5896@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I want to import the list of all domain controllers, ad sites, domains > into tables in a Word fi...