add personal template to the insert worksheet dialog box

In Excel when you right click on the sheet tab and select 'Insert' the Insert
dialog box opens. Clicking the second tab 'SpreadSheet Solutions' offers
multiple templates to insert as a new tab. How do I add my own template to
this list so that when I follow the steps I am inserting a template I created.

Create the template then store it in this folder.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates\1033

which is the Spreadsheet Solutions folder.

Or in General Folder

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 15:04:06 -0800, SheriTingle
<SheriTingle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>In Excel when you right click on the sheet tab and select 'Insert' the Insert
>dialog box opens. Clicking the second tab 'SpreadSheet Solutions' offers
>multiple templates to insert as a new tab. How do I add my own template to
>this list so that when I follow the steps I am inserting a template I created.

0
Gord
12/16/2009 12:54:45 AM
Thanks Gord!!! : )

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> Create the template then store it in this folder.
>
> C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates\1033
>
> which is the Spreadsheet Solutions folder.
>
> Or in General Folder
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates
>

> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>
> On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 15:04:06 -0800, SheriTingle
> <SheriTingle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >In Excel when you right click on the sheet tab and select 'Insert' the Insert
> >dialog box opens. Clicking the second tab 'SpreadSheet Solutions' offers
> >multiple templates to insert as a new tab. How do I add my own template to
> >this list so that when I follow the steps I am inserting a template I created.
>
> .

Converting/inserting values, without changing the other contents.
Hi all this is what i require: the overdue is INR 250k (SGD 7,543), out of which for INR 125k (SGD 3,771) payment is processed, for INR 30k (SGD 905) bills resubmitted for queries, for INR 25k (SGD 754) supporting were resubmitted, for INR 45k (SGD 1,358) payment will be made in 1week of next month. the above comments will be in m5 without the sgd value, i need help to converrt those values and show as above in n5, after multiplying the converting factor at b2 thank you ...

sendkeys action requires utility add in access 2003
I Know that this has been asked before. My question is why it will not pop up on one computer but will on another. The same actions being performed. Any input will be helpful. Thanks Craig "Craig" <Craig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A3A76CB-9556-4B9D-B85E-39F13771D0C8@microsoft.com... >I Know that this has been asked before. My question is why it will not >pop > up on one computer but will on another. The same actions being performed. > Any input will be helpful. > > Thanks Craig You'll have to give a few more details a...

Numbers dont display or add up correctly in excel
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I type in 1000 and it divides all numbers by 100, 23 becomes 0,23. Then if I Sum a list of numbers it doesn't ad up coretly (even the wrong numbers don't add up) Excel doesn't work for me - although the product was provided (bundled) by Apple - apple won't support it - and neither will Microsoft so I end up with no-person to talk to - amazing. Any help from anyone would be appreciated. Thanks On 6/5/09 6:35 AM, in article 59b75f96.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Clive@officeformac.com" <Cli...

Track Changes History Worksheet
In a shared password protected workbook, I would like to keep the History worksheet displayed all the time. Currently, every time I open up the workbook, I have to go to Track Changes and click on List Changes in a New Sheet. Thank you for your help! ...

Combo boxes and linked ranges
I have created a spread sheet for printing and storing dog show information I have created a combo box to call up the various show venues from a named range. Is it possible to somehow link the 'secretary', 'address etc' columns to appear in the appropriate postions as indicted on the screen shot Ted Cullen [image: http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/reviver/excel.jpg] --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi Yes, it's is. Use VLOOKUP function for it. With additional information in adjacent columns to show venues list (from where you defined the named range...

How can comments be inserted into a document ?
Can comments be inserted into a documents done in Publisher? If so, how? No..not automatically. You should be using Word. There is always the callouts in Autoshapes. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Susan" <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9195C75-EB38-45A2-ABA4-879C86988A9C@microsoft.com... > Can comments be inserted into a documents done in Publisher? If so, how? ...

standard color dialog box inside another dialog box
Hi, does anybody know if it is possible to place a standard color dialog box inside another dialog box? I'm using the MFC library. Any snippets of code are welcomed. Pawel ...

Copied Worksheet, lost the lines that were drawn
Recently upgraded to Windows7. When I copy a Worksheet in the same Workbook (.xlsx file), the lines that were drawn in the original Worksheet from the Insert/Illustrations/Shapes from the Ribbon, do not copy to the new Worksheet. I looked for something in the Options, but couldnt find an answer there. Does anyone else have this problem as well, or know how to fix it? Thanks, Michael Found the solution. When I re-set my Excel Options, in the Advanced tab/page, I checked off the Cut, copy, and sort inserted objects with their parent cells. I simply put the check back, and...

XML Insert data C# ASP.net 2.0 Need to know how to insert by speci
Hello, I have the following XML Schema: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <Schedule> <Day Name="Monday"> </Day> <Day Name="Tuesday"> </Day> <Day Name="Wednesday"> </Day> <Day Name="Thursday"> </Day> <Day Name="Friday"> </Day> <Day Name="Saturday"> </Day> <Day Name="Sunday"> </Day> </Schedule> I want users to be able to input the following tiomeblocks for a scheduling s...

Change Label based on Two Combo Boxes
Hi, I currently have this code in AfterUpdate event for Combo2, hoping it would change label1, but it does not work. : If Me.Combo1.Value = "State" And Me.Combo2.Value = "2008" Or "2007" Or "2006" Then Me.Label1.Caption = "Select a State:" ElseIf Me.Combo1.Value = "City" And Me.Combo2.Value = "2009" Or "2010" Or "2011" Then Me.Label1.Caption = "Select a City:" Else Me.Label1.Caption = "Select a Number:" End If The label does not change when I make changes to the combo...

Modeless Dialog is not allowing the parent Modal dialog
Hi Everybody, I have created one modeless dialog for showing the alarms. It's parent dialog is Modal dialog. I minimized both the dialogs and some alarms are already there on my modeless dialog. Now, when I try to maximize the parent dialog (Modal). It is not even showing me the maximize option. It is just maximizing my child dialog (Modeless). When I close the child dialog then only I get the maximize option for the parent dialog. I am using PostMessage from the Parent dialog to dump the alarms on my Child (modeless) dialog. Someone told me this is default behaviour of modeless d...

Can't add new entries.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C47623.EDA716E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable All of a sudden my Microsoft office won't let me make any new entries or = change any existing ones. I just get a message "Transaction can not be = entered". What can I do to let me make new entries? ------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C47623.EDA716E0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML...

how to add a letter in front of each number in a cell
I am working on this project & I cant figure out how to add a letter in front of each number in a cell without clicking in to each individual cell and typing it in. (very time consuming and tedious) The problem is - it's not all the cells but a majority, all of the numbers are in the same column. To explain, these are documents in storage. Each item is assigned a number (not in any particular numerical order but they have to stay in the order they are. Example: X39655 X39656 X39711 39662 39664 39665 The last three numbers need the X in front of them. Any ideas? Thanks so muc...

CRM Client compability with other COM add-ins?
Hi, Does anyone know if a list of compatible software is available? or even better issue lists? Outlook Add-ins like i-tunes, SMS and so on. I would like to have it for both CRM 3 and 4 client -- Joakim G CRM Installation & Configuration Stratiteq Sweden I am not sure if it is available on Internet but you can check with microsoft support . They can provide you the list of add-ins which has history of crashing CRM outlook client or any other issue with outlook client. ------ Aamir Blog = http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/ ...

Unhide worksheet?
Other than fm Format > Sheet > Unhide to reveal hidden worksheets, wat other methods is used to hide a worksheet? Hi Macro code: Sub ShowSummary() Sheets("Summary").Visible = True End Sub -- HTH. Best wishes Harald Followup to newsgroup only please "crapit" <littlecramp@yahoo.com> skrev i melding news:ORkzl0MuDHA.3496@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Other than fm Format > Sheet > Unhide to reveal hidden worksheets, wat other > methods is used to hide a worksheet? > > Hi You can set the worksheet's Visible property to xlSheetVeryHidden ...

Security Dialog Box
The message "Do you want to show only web pages with secure..." is backwards in its logic and very confusing. Needs to say something like "Do you want to block this insecure content?" This is such an onerous violation of Microsoft's own usability standards that I am looking to turn off the security setting that generates this message. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do n...

how to change the color of dialog box and its controls
hi, Using appwizard I have created a dilog base application in that i want to change the color of dialog and control buttons and edit controls etc. how to change the color of dialog box and its controls. pls help me urgently. shiva > how to change the color of dialog box and its controls. overwrite OnCtlColor for your dialog and set the text and background color according to the control that is about to be drawn. my program is like this HBRUSH CNeuralDlg::OnCtlColor(CDC* pDC, CWnd* pWnd, UINT nCtlColor) { HBRUSH hbr = CDialog::OnCtlColor(pDC, pWnd, nCtlColor); if(nCtlColo...

Cannot Add Error Bars for individual data points!
I work in a research lab, and need to make a simple column chart. However, each column is an average value so error bars are needed. Not only that, but I have subsets of data-the same readings taken at different times. Thus I have Null and Dose readings for 0 hours and 24 hours. I have nicely gotten the 0 hour and 24 hour sets to become set apart in the graph display with the proper Null and Dose values next to each other. The 0 and 24 hours are written under the pairs of bars. However, I need to add error bars to each bar individually, but Excel will only let me add to "series&quo...

Combine TWO Worksheets
Greetings! I have two "almost identical" worksheets and would like to combine them. How can I do that without having duplicates in the final worksheet? Greatly appreciated! Copy all data into a single sheet, flag duplicates, apply a filter and delete the flagged duplicates. To flag duplicates, in a new column, enter a Countif() formula Example, if the key field to find duplicates is column A, enter the following formula in the first cell of the first vacant row (say, R1 if you data goes to column Q) =COUNTIF(A:A, A1) Copy down so every row of your data contains the formul...

Eestore the In Box of Outlook e-mail page to the original formatti
I was experimenting with the "Views" settings of my In Box email page. Now I would like to restore everything back to the original settings. How can I do that? Select Customize Current View and select Reset Current View by right clicking on the From,Subject,Received line in Outlook -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Balticbeau" <Balticbeau@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E5E78A45-1188-48D7-98A2-BAC4B90EF5A5@microsoft.com... >I wa...

Linking formulas to text boxes in VBA
Hi, I just posted this to the programmers section, but I think those folks are into more serious things than this! I'm newly experimenting with VBA, so apologies if this is a stupid question. Any help much appreciated! I have a For - Next loop that creates a formula linking a cell in an 'input sheet' ("Key") to a cell in any one of 200 sheets. For cells, this is no problem, using: For i = 1 to 200 Worksheets(i).Range("c2").Formula = "=Key!B" & i Next i My problem comes when I try to do the same with some text boxes that are in each of the 200 s...

How to add hyperlink in a same PPT
Hello, I have one big PPT file contain more then 30 slids, I want to make hyperlink with in the same PPT. but the trick is I want to link with few continuous pages and then again wanted to come up on the same page from where i have started the hyper link. Scenario: 1) suppose I have a PPT of 10 slides. 2) I put hyper link on slide number 2 and link to slide 4 3) now when i reached to slide 4 then i will go to slide 5 but after this it should not allow me to go to slide 6 th i want that it should only send me back to slide 2nd . no other slide can be accessible from sl...

How to file compare Excel worksheets
I add records, daily, to a master file. Sometimes a record is a duplicate. At this point, I sort by one column and then scroll down looking for duplicate records, which I delete. Is there an easier way? I don't want to have duplicate records. THanks, Walt What I usually do is in a new column put: =IF(AND(A2=A1),"DUP","") This only works if you are trying to compare a column with unique IDs. However, if you're looking at a list of names where some names might be duplicated (example: Two people named James, but one lives in USA and the other lives in Germ...

Email templates or stanard replies
I receive email questions from customers, a lot of the emails could have standard replays. Is there a way i can store standard replays, then when i click reply i can then just insert the standard. If anyone could give me some ways of stroring standard replays to questions Thanks Simon wrote: > I receive email questions from customers, a lot of the emails could > have standard replays. Is there a way i can store standard replays, > then when i click reply i can then just insert the standard. > > If anyone could give me some ways of stroring standard replays to > questions &...

Control Tool Box
Hi, I want to learn how to use the elements (e.g. command button, option button, combo box etc.) in the control tool box. Can someone point me to some articles/tutorial? Don't seem to have much luck with help? What is the control tool box for anyway? Thanks. Epinn It is a collection of worksheet controls that are event driven. If you select one and then draw it on a worksheet, double-click the object and you will be taken to a template event procedure for that control. -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) "Epinn" <...