Add one month to the previuos month

I am setting up an amortization table and want to add one month to the
previous month:

Ex:  b9 has the start date 12/1/04
b15 needs to be the next month Jan 05
b16 Feb 05 and so on for 10 years

The problem comes in 2007 (must be a leap year)  it skips a month and
throughs the whole thing off.

0
heater (40)

Try this formula in B15:  =EOMONTH(B9,0)+1

.... and then this one in B16: =EOMONTH(B15,0)+1

You may need to format these as dates.  The EOMONTH() formula
determines the last day of the month; adding one yields the next day,
or the first day of the next month.

0
CycleZen (674)
2/9/2005 6:30:54 PM
Heater,

In B15, enter the formula

=DATE(YEAR($B$9),MONTH($B$9)+ROW()-14,1)

And fill down as far as you need.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"heater" <heater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am setting up an amortization table and want to add one month to the
> previous month:
>
> Ex:  b9 has the start date 12/1/04
> b15 needs to be the next month Jan 05
> b16 Feb 05 and so on for 10 years
>
> The problem comes in 2007 (must be a leap year)  it skips a month and
> throughs the whole thing off.

0
Bernie
2/9/2005 6:39:12 PM
Hi

You could enter 1/1/05 in B15 then right click on the fill handle at the
bottom right of the cell  and drag down for the range required.
When you release the right mouse button, choose Fill Months.

--
Regards
Roger Govier
"heater" <heater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am setting up an amortization table and want to add one month to the
> previous month:
>
> Ex:  b9 has the start date 12/1/04
> b15 needs to be the next month Jan 05
> b16 Feb 05 and so on for 10 years
>
> The problem comes in 2007 (must be a leap year)  it skips a month and
> throughs the whole thing off.

0
roger5293 (1125)
2/9/2005 6:46:26 PM
On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 10:19:03 -0800, heater <heater@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>The problem comes in 2007 (must be a leap year)  it skips a month and
>throughs the whole thing off.

How are you doing this?

By the way, 2007 cannot be a leap year.

--ron
0
ronrosenfeld (3122)
2/9/2005 9:56:25 PM
And one more formula, which I use because it's more intuitive to me:

=date(year(b9),month(b9)+1,day(b9))

--
Regards,
Fred

"heater" <heater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am setting up an amortization table and want to add one month to the
> previous month:
>
> Ex:  b9 has the start date 12/1/04
> b15 needs to be the next month Jan 05
> b16 Feb 05 and so on for 10 years
>
> The problem comes in 2007 (must be a leap year)  it skips a month and
> throughs the whole thing off.

0
fredsmith99 (155)

Update one table from another

Copying data from one chart to another

Text to columns

One Entry to Multiple Rows

Solver add-in and macros
I just got a new computer with XP and Excel 2003 and tried to run a macro that used to SOLVER add-in function and got a compile error. As a test I recorded a macro using the SOLVER and got the same result when I tried to run that macro. The Compile Error is "Sub or Function not defined". On the Knowledge Base it says I need to add SOLVER to the list of References in the VB Editor. When I go to the references list, SOLVER does not appear. When I open Help for VB and search for SOLVER, it finds nothing. What is going on? Why doesn't VB even recognize the existence ...

How do I add a signature
We have our purchase orders created in excel and we would like to add a "handwritten" signature" to them. How to I do this? Pen If using xl2002 or 2003...... Create a graphic with the signature then add it to the Footer when printing. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 09:03:08 -0800, "Penfold" <Penfold@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have our purchase orders created in excel and we would like to add a >"handwritten" signature" to them. How to I do this? ...

How to add new entity?
Hi. I'm now researching the customization abilities of MS CRM 1.2. So I have a small task, which I'm not able to accomplish with SDK. The main question is how to add additional entity to CRM? I need to add entity "Pets", and dictionary "PetTypes". Pets should be linked with Contacts (1:M). Pets should have 3 attributes: - Name (string of 150 chars), - Type (value from PetTypes dictionary), - Description (string of 1000 chars) PetTypes should have 3 entries: "Cat", "Dog" and "Parrot" I expect that i...

Office 207 One Note
My One Note has been working fine for at least 2 years. Then a couple of days ago two pages of my most important information in my main workbook just disappeared. I'm not sure but none of the other pages look the same. Does anyone have any idea what might have happened? Have had no other computer problems recently. -- Rockymtnwoman -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > My One Note has been working fine for at least 2 years. Then a couple of days > ago two pages of my most important information in my main workbook just > disappeared. > I'm not sure b...

Add a blank page separator
How do I add a blank page automatically as a separator after every 15 pages when printing a document of 250 pages? Use a macro containing the following code to print the document: Dim i As Long Dim blank As Document For i = 1 To 240 Step 15 ActiveDocument.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintFromTo, From:=i, To:=i + 15 Set blank = Documents.Add With blank .PrintOut .Close wdDoNotSaveChanges End With Next i -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professio...

how can I add a signature to my calendar appt requests?
See subject question Insert-> Signature -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "tnowak" <tnowak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51100433-5C23-435B-9C1B-5F8B8D9056B2@microsoft.com... > See subject question ...

Formula to find last monday (tue, wedn, thu or friday) for a given month
Hi, I need a formula to calculate the date of the last monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday or friday of a given month. Can't seem to find the answer anywhere. example: day: wednesday (or corresponding nr) month: 3 year: 2004 Result: 31/03/04 Who can help? Thank you for reading and eventually answering my question.Back Visit http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeWS.htm#DaysInMonth -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Michele" <mw001@pandora.be> wrote in message news:b30b6913.0402090708.556d0faa@posting.google.com... > Hi, > I need a...

Bulk sending of emails in Outlook being rejected if one address is wrong.
I am sending bulk emails in BCC and they are all being returned to me because one or more of the email addresses is incorrect. Is there a way to setup Outlook so that the emails go to the correct addresses and the incorrect addresses are bounced back to me? I use the Mail Merge feature and send out a newsletter with over 1000 e-mail addresses (who signed up for the newsletter so it is not spam). My service provider, Comcast, just put a limit of 10 at a time. It's real fun sending these out monthly!! >-----Original Message----- >I am sending bulk emails in BCC and they a...

Add data to cell w/o loosing initial data
I would like to know if there is a way to add data to data without retyping. For example I have a colum of 18015555555 and I want to add [rfax:(cell #)@/fn=(phone number)] So I would like to add the brackets - copy from a cell - @/fn= and not loose the data already in the spread sheet. Example 2. Add [rfax:company name@fn/=(saved data here) then close bracket. So I want to add data to cells without loosing the data already in the cells. I have about 600 of them to do and I really don't want to do each one by hand. Please let me know if anyone knows how to accomplish this. Tha...

one company doesn't show $ amounts in payables for one user
I have a user who has access to multiple companies. The access for all companies is the same. In one company when she goes to Inquiry>purchasing>trx by vendor, the display shows $0 for all transactions. Other companies, she sees the correct $ amount. There are no modified windows and again her security is the same for all companies. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? TIA I am having this exact problem and would appreciate a fix. I have to change users to have the payables inquiry amounts show. I only have this problem in one company and I am the only user in our of...

how to convert a CString variable to unsigned short array one?
Hi, In my unicode VC6 app, how to convert a CString variable to unsigned short array? ....... CString strRst; unsigned short strOleChars[100]; strOleChars = strRst; //??? Thank you. Is ConvertStringToBSTR() what you are looking for? AliR. "David" <David_Wang_Xian@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e6gbA3avFHA.720@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi, > In my unicode VC6 app, how to convert a CString variable to unsigned short > array? > ...... > CString strRst; > unsigned short strOleChars[100]; > strOleChars = strRst; //??? > > Thank you. > > ...

Prevent copy and paste in one column
I am having trouble trying to prevent copying and pasting in one specific column. The code refers to the specific range, but yet it prevents copying and pasting on the whole worksheet. Option Explicit Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Intersect(Target, Columns("H:H")) Is Nothing Then Application.CellDragAndDrop = False Application.CutCopyMode = False Else Application.CellDragAndDrop = True End If End Sub Works for me in Excel 2003 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 11:42:01...

how do I turn off journal for one file #2
I have a number of excel files that run regularly. I how can I turn of individual files so they don't clutter my jouranl in Outlook? ...

Increasing Months
Hi Here is a simple question and I cannot find the answer. On a report I have a text box [Text301] and when display I see Fev-07 I would like to add something like 35 other text box so month would increase by 1 What could be the formula for [Text302] to display Mar-07 or Mar 2007. The formula should be issued from [Text301] Then [Text303] related to [Text302], [Text304] related to [Text303], ....... So the day I change [Text301] for let say Apr-08 [Text302] would give me May-08 [Text303} would be Jun-08, etc... I dont realy care with the format; it can be Mar 08 or Mar-08 or Mar-2...

win7; money plus deluxe; monthly report failures
When using Microsoft Windows 7 and Money Plus Deluxe v17.0.120.1415. I'm trying to prepare my monthly reports. I get the error, "Money requires Internet Explorer 6 to function properly. Please reinstall Internet Explorer 6 so these components can be added". Win7 has IE8. IE8 > IE6. Shouldn't this work? I searched for this error elsewhere and couldn't find it, or its resolution. Any tips/tricks would be great. thanks... P.S: I know Win7 is Beta and that with Beta's come issues like this... I have the same problem and I wish there was a fix for it. Does anyo...

Add Item to GP Menu
Does anyone have instructions on how to add items to the GP menu? I believe it can be done with Dexterity, but I have no idea what file to modify or how to use Dexterity. Thanks. "Ryan" wrote: > Does anyone have instructions on how to add items to the GP menu? I believe > it can be done with Dexterity, but I have no idea what file to modify or how > to use Dexterity. > > Thanks. Hi Ryan Please look at the Integration Guide PDF manual installed with Dexterity. Part 5 explains the navigation model and how to work with command forms, commands and menus. T...

Capturing the ItemID from the Add function.
Can anyone tell me how to capture the ItemID (referenced by the Add function): Dim objAdded As Object set objAdded = Session.Transaction.Entries.Add(ItemID, ItemLookUpCode, Qty, 0, False, 0). I tried the following and am getting an error: Dim itemid as Long itemid = Session.Transaction.Entries.Element(entrynumber).Item.ID The itemID referenced in the add function seems to be the itemID from the database and not the entry ID on the pos screen. Thanks, Robert -- rshuptrine armsys You can do a query on the Database using the ItemLookupCode. Use the code I posted a couple of days ago then ...

Add Actual End Date to Resolved Cases view
Hi We would like to add the actual end date to the Case General Tab or possibly to the Resolved Cases and/or My Resolved Cases view. I know that the Actual End Date is available on the Service Activity and Case Resolution but this field is not available for the Case. Any workaround for this? Thanks Mark ...