Add ins and user defined functions

I have an ErlandC Add in I am using on my system.  I have
a workbook that uses the user defined functions in the
worksheet.  When I send the file via e-mail to anyone else
to use, once they save the file - they get a #NAME? error
anywhere the user defined functions have been used.  These
people also have add ins loaded on their PCs.  If I go
into each formula and redo the formula on their PCs, it
will work.

How can I make this work without redoing each formula each
time?
Thanks
Vicki
0
anonymous (74722)

My guess is that excel is remembering the location of your addin and looks for
it on the other pc and doesn't find it in the same location.

Just a guess, but if the user loads the addin first, will that trick excel?

And if it doesn't, have the users try:
edit|links|change links and point at their copy of the addin.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Thanks
Vicki

0
anonymous (74722)
8/30/2004 8:41:20 PM
I tested this in xl2002.

I created an addin with a UDF.  I saved it and then created a new workbook that
used that UDF.

I saved that workbook.

I closed excel.

I used windows explorer to move the addin to a different location.

I opened excel and then opened the addin (from its new location).

Then I opened my workbook.

I got prompted with the links message.  I chose Edit Links.

I pointed at the addin in its new location.

The cells with the UDF evaluated correctly.

You may want to give it one more shot in that order.  If it doesn't work, post
back your exact steps (and the version of xl you're using.)

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

sumproduct function with text??
Here's my data: A B C D E F G George Jones Pro Deb Smith Am 153 Jack Thomas Pro Wendy Jones Am 154 Columns A & B are names of the pro dance partner.....D & E are amateur partner....G is the comp number. Need the output to read as follows in a report: George Jones (P) and Deb Smith (A) #153 Jack Thomas (P) and Wendy Jones (A) #154 Thought I could use SUMPRODUCT, but can't get it to work.... Any thoughts? Thanks...

Paste function in Excel doesn't work
Hello, I am able to copy in my spreadsheet but when I try to ctl v it won't paste, and when I try to paste from the toolbar it's greyed out. Office Pro 2003. Any ideas?? Please Bob Reynolds The sheet might be protected - go to Tools | Protect | Unprotect sheet. You may be asked for a password. Pete Thanks for the reply, but that isn't the problem. I get a window in the upper right corner for all the things I have copied or deleted and I can paste from there, but not with the operator keys. This has to be some type of switch somewhere I've screwed up. The paste speci...

IF function #11
I have this formula in my worksheet, it keeps returning "-#VALUE!-" =IF(I2:I224="x","",IF(J2:J224="x","",COUNTIF(M2:M224,"ship"))) When I go to "Show calculation steps it shows that the error is in th 'I2:I224' Is it possible to use the "IF" function when including a range of cell such as 'I2:I224' -- KellyMcG0 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- KellyMcG03's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1454 View this thread: http:/...

Passing 2-D array as function parameter.
If I pass a 2-D array ar[4][6] like this: foo(int ar[][6]...); What has been passed? Is it a pointer of whole array? Thanks. if you want to point to whole array you must call foo(ar) and in prototype or definition write foo (int ar[] [6]) and if you want to accsess only one row you must write foo(ar[4]) at calling the function "Frank E Rogers" <syang@pelco.com> wrote in message news:#u9vtA0UEHA.212@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > If I pass a 2-D array ar[4][6] like this: > foo(int ar[][6]...); > What has been passed? Is it a pointer of whole array? > Thanks. > &...

Install 3.0 Failed
I am in the process of installing 3.0 on a server. All of the inital checks are fine. I proceed to install and it fails with an error "Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.CreateSetupUserAction failed HRESULT 0x80040237" I searched the Knowledge Base and found KB 941498. I did what it said but got the following error for msxml2.dll - LoadLibrary("msxml2.dll") failed. The specified module could not be found. How do I go about getting XML 2 (the parser I'm guessing) when it hasn't be supported in years? Is there something else I can do? I am installing 3.0...

How to add multiple message senders to the blocked list automatica
-- Steve ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=5597e420-8dc2-4fc5-88df-130a7cc9fe32&dg=microsoft.public.outlook ...

All i want is a 'User unknown'
Hello people, i'm pulling my hair out here. Situation: I need to change a setting on a Exchange 2000 server so that it gives a "550 User unknown" if that whould be the case. The (in my case) problem with exchange 2000 is that even though the user doesn't exists, it still accepts the message (to bounce it later on) This is what i want #### 220 mail.dmrt.net ESMTP Postfix --Don't make us annoy you-- 250 mail.dmrt.net mail from: me@mywork.org 250 Ok rcpt to: i-do-not-exist@dmrt.net 550 <i-do-not-exist@dmrt.net>: User unknown in local recipient table This is what ...

copy a file to all users via a script instead of manually
I have a d:\users folder on my server. inside users, each user has a folder named with their name. inside each of those folders is a desktop folder. I have a file on the C drive that I need to copy to each of those desktop folders, thereby giving each user this shortcut. Does anyone have a script that could do that, instead of me copying this file manually a few hundred times? many thanks if you do! "Rich" <richjone@noemail.noemail> wrote in message news:5E68A580-FA4D-4B73-A548-0ED9D74AF34C@microsoft.com... > I have a d:\users folder on my server. inside...

Help with Outlook Add in Manager
I just changed move to a new computer and used Windows Easy Transfer to migrate settings from my old compute to my new computer. Some old junk Outlook 2003 add-ins were migrated to outlook 2007. In 2003 the Add-in manager used to be in the tools-options-other dialog, I can't find it in 2007. Can someone help? Thanks. Tools | Trust Center | Add-ins. --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developer...

Recent update 6/8
I recently updated Windows (6/8) and now one of my user accounts is locked. Running XP. I had to use restore after today's updates -- dlg "CowsyW" wrote: > I recently updated Windows (6/8) and now one of my user accounts is locked. > Running XP. ...

How to Find Record if Exists, Add if not?
How to Find Record if Exists, Add if not? I have a form where user will enter the vendor ID, which is a unique ID. They enter it off a long list of information listing many vendors and it's hard to know if the vendorID already exists in the database, until they tab through all the fields and get the duplicate record error. Then they press Esc and do a search on that vendorID to pull up the existing record to update. VendorID format is similar to this A123456789ST (Usees a prefix, Vendor FEIN, State abbrev.) I want to automate this. when they enter the VendorID, I want it to s...

internal support function returned an error
Hello, For some reason, every time I try to send a particular message I get "An internal support function returned an error" warning. Any idea what I can do to fix this problem? -- Thanks, Bob Sorry, I forgot to indicate I am using Outlook 2007 on XPSP2. "BBran" <bbran@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:elIab3XhJHA.760@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > For some reason, every time I try to send a particular message I get "An > internal support function returned an error" warning. Any idea what I can > do to fix this problem? &...

Problems for offline users
Hi all We have a number of offline users that have recently started getting a message stating that "Once the names have been checked and underlined, click OK." which appears on a dialog box with the server name and mailbox name. The message appears every time the server attempts to connect. We are running Outlook 2003 connecting to Exchange 2003 sp2 on a Windows 2003. Online user don't appear to be affected. Thanks Gary Have you tried deleting and re-creating the profile? When you say offline users do you mean cached Exchange mode ala Outlook 2003? Are these users on...

PC-Charge user name.
How can I sync. Usernames "user1" at PC-Charge and register #1 at RMS. I can't charge the default user name "user1" at PC- Charge. Call verifone tech support and tell them you are setting up PC-Charge with RMS. They will issue you a complimentary additional user that you can call "1". You can find the number on the verifone web site.. Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that al...

File Modified by Another User #2
I have recently upgraded my PC to Windows XP SP2 and am having a curious problem. When I attempt to save the file, I get a dialog box stating the file might have been modified by another user - do I wish to save a copy or overwrite changes. The workbook is not shared - however, it does reside on a Linux Samba share. But then again, it has always resided on the share. Only since the SP2 update, has this started happening: These are the steps I followed: 1. Opened Excel 2. Opened the file on the Samba share 3. Clicked SAVE 4. Got the dialog box asking to overwrite changes or s...

Excel Left/Right function
The above function will not pull "each single character" from a string. I have text strings up to 27 characters. I want to pull "each character" into a separate column. Is there a function to do this without a macro? My purpose is to delete some characters and use Data Filter on each remaining character. MID =MID(A1,startnum,numcharacters) So, if you want the 15th character and 15th character only... =MID(A1,15,1) Hope this helps. -- John C "ejay" wrote: > The above function will not pull "each single character" from a string. > I have ...

Secure code in Excel & Power Point ADD-INS
Is there any way to secure code in Excel & Power Point ADD-INS, except the password defined in VBA ? No. Use VB to create COM addins. ************ Anne Troy VBA Project Manager www.OfficeArticles.com <CLarkou@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1132296881.379001.293560@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > Is there any way to secure code in Excel & Power Point ADD-INS, except > the password defined in VBA ? > Thanks a lot, these add-ins can be called in Access also, isn't? The COM add-ins can be created by Visual Basic code or it needs C++ ? You can use VB. -- ...

Support of multiple users in Outlook?
Hi, Palm convert here with a question. In my Palm desktop I was able to separate my Notes, Calendar, Tasks, etc. from my wife as a separate user. We both had palm devices and each maintained separate schedules on our devices and on the desktop. How do we do that in Outlook? Thanks, John "John" <ljohnwu@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:u2bnY$0DGHA.3528@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Palm convert here with a question. > > In my Palm desktop I was able to separate my Notes, Calendar, Tasks, etc. > from my wife as a separate user. We both had palm ...

Use Outlook Client when domain user name different with email acco
Hello, I have a question about using Outlook Client. If the domain user login name is different with email account which belong to a same person, is it possible to install / login with the Outlook client? e.g domain user : degdom\apple email account: applewatson@deg.com One of my client is facing in this situation. I just want to have some preparation before install Outlook Client for him. Thanks for any help! Hi Huimc, It shouldn't be a problem if the AD user is the same used to start Outlook and connect to CRM. You may want to check the email adress in CRM if the ema...

Do Option Groups Offer an OTHER Option that Users Can Add Themselves?
Hello, I'm using Access 2003 on a novice level. I have a question about option groups. I'd like to know if it's possible to create a set of radio buttons, check boxes, and/or drop-down lists, with an OTHER option that lets the user enter a new value. I know that's possible with Filemaker Pro. If you enable the OTHER option, a popup window appears that lets you add a new item to the list. I'm not sure if that applies only to drop-down lists, but it has come in handy at times. Can it be done with Access? If so, what are the rudimentary steps to accomplishing this? Tha...

Need help with IF function
I need help writing an IF expression: IF("reference cell is empty", leave blank, otherwise statement) than -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =IF(A1="","",Statement -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =if(Cell Number="","",Statement) rmo5354 wrote: > *I need help writing an IF expression: > IF("reference cell is empty", leave blank, otherwise statement) > > thanx -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com To indicate a cell is empty, simply use quotes with nothing in between t...

Fool Proof Price Validation Custom Function
I'd like to test and see if anyone knows a better way to write this function. The goal of the function is to test if the textboxes on a userform have a valid price in them. Some prices I will or will not allow a negative price, some prices can or can not be zero, and most of all the prices need to be numeric. Does any one have a better way of doing this? I want this fool proof! Sub DataValidation() ' ensure valid price adder If ValidPrice(tbxAdderPrice, True, True) = False Then Exit Sub ' ensure valid unit price If ValidPrice(tbxUnitPrice, False, False) = F...

Error Message user Dependant
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_006D_01C4CF98.6677EA90 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Since installing Money 2005 on my XP machine with 6 users. I have a file = the 6 people should be able to open. The file can be opened by 2 limited = and 1 administrator account. =20 1-limited, 1-guest and one Administrator get this message in a Money = popup box. "The place you are trying to reach only functions in the Business = version of Money, and can't be used in the version you are usin...

Is there a word-count function in Publisher?
I am trying to figure out how many words are in a 2 page article on our firm's newsletter? I know there is a word-count function in Word or WordPerfect, but I'm not familiar with MS Publisher2003... Jules@work wrote: > I am trying to figure out how many words are in a 2 page > article on our firm's newsletter? I know there is a > word-count function in Word or WordPerfect, but I'm not > familiar with MS Publisher2003... ============================== You can use Word to count the words in a Publisher 2003 text box. Search Pub2003 Help for..."Count"....

How to add DHCP mgmt console to XP
Hi Is there a way I can manage DHCP running on SBS2003, or at least look into the current lease list from an XP client? How can I run the dhcpmgmt.msc from an XP client? Thanks Franz Maybe RDC into the SBS from the XP client? -Larry -Please post the resolution to your issue so others may benefit. -Get Your SBS Health Check at www.sbsbpa.com > Hi > > Is there a way I can manage DHCP running on SBS2003, or at least look > into the current lease list from an XP client? > How can I run the dhcpmgmt.msc from an XP client? > Thanks > Franz Tha...