Add-in damaged Excel

Hi!

I just saved a signature creating macro on our server as an add-in.
This way I can install the add-in on all our workstations and by that
give everyone  easy access to the macro. All worked well at first.
However, after a small modification of the code, and a new save-as
add-in, my Excel just wouldn't start. "There was an error starting this
add-in..." and so on. I'm asked to send a report to Microsoft and then
Excel shuts down.

I have unistalled Office and reistalled it again, but still the same
problem. Does anyone have an idea hat I should do next? A register
problem? Restarting in safe mode doesn't help.

Thanks

Martin

--
mliungman
mliungman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30397

did you try deleting your add-in?

I have tried both removing the add-in and putting it back. Excel still
opens and then shuts down with error message.

Martin

--
mliungman
mliungman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30397
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=501324

Maybe it's time to clean (rebuild) up that addin???

mliungman wrote:

> I have tried both removing the add-in and putting it back. Excel still
> opens and then shuts down with error message.
>
> Martin
>
> --
> mliungman
> mliungman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30397
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=501324

--

Dave Peterson
0

Have no idea what you mean, though. How do I "clean (rebuild) up" m
add-in? The add-in that caused this is the only one I've ever made...

Marti

--
mliungma
mliungman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3039
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=50132

Start a new workbook.

Copy all the code from the troublesome workbook's project to the new workbook's
project.

Copy all the data in all the worksheets to new worksheets in the new workbook.

Etc, etc, etc.

mliungman wrote:

> I'd love to!
>
> Have no idea what you mean, though. How do I "clean (rebuild) up" my
> add-in? The add-in that caused this is the only one I've ever made...
>
> Martin
>
> --
> mliungman
> mliungman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30397
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=501324

--

Dave Peterson
0
petersod (12005)
1/14/2006 8:18:13 PM
I managed to figure it out.

I had password protected the entire workbook that I saved as an Add-in
Excel could not handle this and refused to open at all. By opening Exce
while pressing the shift key I could force Excel to run, and I coul
then remove and re-install the Add-in from the Add-in selector.

Marti

--
mliungma
mliungman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3039
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=50132

How do I create a sample in Excel?

Excel 97 Win XP calc problem?

Date display in Excel

Excel and some disappeared sheets

Add rows automatically? Accordion
Is there a way to automatically add/show rows that have data? I have a data entry sheet. Then I have a report. The report pulls data from the entry sheet. If there is no data for a specific line/row item, is there a way to automatically hide or not show the row(s) with no data? Thanks Thanks can I have more than one autofilter on a sheet? Sloth wrote: > Use the filter function > Select the data and click on... > Data->Filter->Autofilter > This should make an arrow appear at the top of the data (in the header row). > click the arror and select "Nonblanks"....

TaxFree add-on
Somebody have an add-on for taxfree print? I need a demo to submit to customer that use rms 1.3 thank you cod ...

Excel 2007 PC damages Mac Excel 2008 Files

Excel error 1706

Mail merge from excel
I am trying to merge a list of names from excel into publisher. When using the mail merge wizard it wont let me load the names all it says is f1 and f2. what am I doing wrong? any help is greatly appreciated. ...

Excel Jululian 04-24-10
Good morning please help i have a lists of names and i want to separate each in a colum like You Light Up My Life197711 You Light Up My Life (in one colum "A") 1977 (in one colum "B") 1 (in one colum "C") 1 (in one colum "E") regards First many thanks on your reply the text are different in length regards "מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן" wrote: > 'Data' > 'Text to Columns' > 'Next' > mark/un-mark the vertical separators as > shown in the picture > 'Finish' >...

Opening Excel email attachments
When downloading excel files AOL says cannot find suitable program.I then go online to find Excel but only get Uopdates. PC is XP version with Works Suite 2002. A fe months back my dear wife was downloading Excel an got board with waiting and shut down the PC! Any suggestions. Thanks Karl Hi there's no legal way to download Excel!! You have to buy< an Excel version and install it on your PC (or try to open the file with MS Works - but live with the restricted functionality) >-----Original Message----- >When downloading excel files AOL says cannot find >suitable progra...

Excel List Sorting Problem (Descending)

Excel 2007 Line Chart
Hello, Is it possible to configure a line chart in Excel 2007 to ignore the intervals and graph straight to the next value. For example if I have the periods: Jan with the value 1000 Feb with the value 900 March with the value 500 April with the value 0 May with the value 0 June with the value 0 I want the March value to drop directly from 500 to 0 ignoring the interval to April, I do not want a curved line it must drop directly to zero then the line is straight across to April. I have no idea if this is possible, any ideas? Thanks, Brett On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 15:40:45 -0700 (PDT), TyreDu...

Charttitle.Text crashes (Excel 2000)
Hi, when I try to run the following code (on an existing diagram): With ActiveChart Dim globalLstFile as String globalLstFile =3D "02 KOBA_XYZ_C3-06214 02- 20.7-20.8=B0C Touchprobe Mittelpunkte.lst" =2EHasTitle =3D True =2EChartTitle.Text =3D "KOBA Sphere Gauge S/N 38 538 (" + globalLstFile + ")" & Chr(10) & _ "color coding: red =3D Zone 1, green =3D Zone 2, blue =3D Zone 3"= & Chr(10) & _ "light color: measurements that contain spheres that are within 20 cm of the edge of the measurement volume" ..=...

Add a secondary administration group error c1041721
I have added a new administration group for a sub site in Japan and now I am getting the following error: The action could not be completed because the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service is unavailable. Operation: Retrieving mount information ID no: c1041721 Exchange Sytem Manger I get this error when I try and drill down to the new admin group to the First Storage Group. I only get this message on machines on my side of the network. If I remote to the mail server in the new site I am able to drill all the way down and see the mailboxes. I can also see our main site informat...

How to show query parameters on an Excel page header or worksheet?
Is it possible to display query parameters on a page header or on a worksheet? I have a worksheet that uses a query to retrive data from an ODBC database. The Query prompts for the Start Date and End Date. I would like to be able to print the worksheet and display the Start Date and End Date the user typed in. Thank you for your assistance. ...