Add hours together

I'm trying to do up a timesheet - very basic mon-fri. I have time in and
lunch and time out. At the end of each row I have a formula that calculates
7:15 hours i.e. number of hours worked that day. When I try to add up the
five rows for the weekly total I get 12:15 but it should add up to 36:15 i.e.
36 hours and fifteen minutes. I've tried converting to serial number but
can't seem to get it to work. There was a mention of a link to cpearson but
that seems very complicated. I just want to add hours together to get a total
number of hours.
0
TaraKeane (6)

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 12:22:05 -0700, "Tara Keane"
<TaraKeane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I'm trying to do up a timesheet - very basic mon-fri. I have time in and
>lunch and time out. At the end of each row I have a formula that calculates
>7:15 hours i.e. number of hours worked that day. When I try to add up the
>five rows for the weekly total I get 12:15 but it should add up to 36:15 i.e.
>36 hours and fifteen minutes. I've tried converting to serial number but
>can't seem to get it to work. There was a mention of a link to cpearson but
>that seems very complicated. I just want to add hours together to get a total
>number of hours.

Format the cell in which you have the SUM function:

	[h]:mm

The [] around the h prevent it from "rolling over" every 24 hours.

--ron
0
ronrosenfeld (3122)
6/16/2005 7:43:40 PM
Format/Cells/Number/Custom  [h]:mm

will prevent the hours from "rolling over" every 24:00

In article <93AF895E-F7BA-4046-92A6-B75251C5351F@microsoft.com>,
 "Tara Keane" <TaraKeane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to do up a timesheet - very basic mon-fri. I have time in and
> lunch and time out. At the end of each row I have a formula that calculates
> 7:15 hours i.e. number of hours worked that day. When I try to add up the
> five rows for the weekly total I get 12:15 but it should add up to 36:15 i.e.
> 36 hours and fifteen minutes. I've tried converting to serial number but
> can't seem to get it to work. There was a mention of a link to cpearson but
> that seems very complicated. I just want to add hours together to get a total
> number of hours.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
6/16/2005 7:49:14 PM
Use the Custom Number Format [h]:mm for the cell(s) that contains the formula.
--
tj

"Tara Keane" wrote:

> I'm trying to do up a timesheet - very basic mon-fri. I have time in and
> lunch and time out. At the end of each row I have a formula that calculates
> 7:15 hours i.e. number of hours worked that day. When I try to add up the
> five rows for the weekly total I get 12:15 but it should add up to 36:15 i.e.
> 36 hours and fifteen minutes. I've tried converting to serial number but
> can't seem to get it to work. There was a mention of a link to cpearson but
> that seems very complicated. I just want to add hours together to get a total
> number of hours.
0
tjtjjtjt (488)

Outlook 2003 Add Email accounts to profile
Our client is in a network DOMAIN, using Exchange 2003 Server.I am trying to resolve an issue for adding an additional users email account to our Executive Directors Outlook. The option under "FILE"--> "OPEN" --> "Other Users Folder"is greyed out. So to work around this I went to "TOOLS" --> "EMAIL Accounts" --> View/Change click NEXT --> Click Change --> More Settings --> then Add. When I type the name of the mailbox, I receive an error, "The name could not be resolved, THe Operation Failed". I have tested this o...

How to add up from page to page
I need to now if I make a 4 page excel report how do I add up the total in areas as we go from page top page. Ex if it is a budget expense fo November anbd December how do I have it add up the total for novembe with a running total as I enter fiqures fro December. :confused: Thank -- greggkar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- greggkarn's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1592 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27405 see http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy2.htm "greggkarn"...

Hour function equivelent help
If I want to find out how many minutes there are for times that I have summed, I know I can use the hour function if the compiled time is less than 24 hours. But, what if I want to get the times that are over a 24 hour period, how do I do that? Example: 20:57:46 14:39:10 8:57:24 12:12:12 ------------- 56:46:32 <-- the minutes I'd like to get You can keep the sum as a time, but give the cell a custom format of:\ [mm] Or you could multiply by hours/day * minutes/hour: =sum(A1:A4)*24*60 and format the cell as General (or number) -- but not time. EAB1977 wrote: ...

add additional smtp e-mail address
Hello, I need to add an additional e-mail address for all our Exchange users in the format of first-name.second-name@domain.com. Does anybody now an easy way or any utilities which would help me do this. We are running Exchange 2000. Thanks Nick Hi, Admodify can do that. http://www.gotdotnet.com/workspaces/workspace.aspx?id=f5cbbfa9-e46b-4a7a-8ed8-3e44523f32e2 -- - Ahmed Jalal "Nick Nack" <NickNack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3314B657-FE29-472A-A51E-2DC6692D6979@microsoft.com... > Hello, > I need to add an additional e-mail address for al...

How do I add additional custom views in Portfolio Mgr in 2007?
I just upgraded to MS Money 2007 from 2003 and I can't seem to figure out how to add additional custom views in my Portfolio Manager. I could do that in 2003. I don't see a way to do that in 2007. Am I missing something? I would have one view showing all my investments, a "custom" one showing just my taxable accounts and another "custom" one showing my retirement accts. I'm hoping someone is going to tell me there is a way to do this! Thanks, Mark In microsoft.public.money, ATHiker95 wrote: >I just upgraded to MS Money 2007 from 2003 and I can't se...

Add New Records
I'm using Access 2003 and Sql 2000. I have an employee db that I'm try to setup a form that can add new employees. On the form properties I've changed the Data Entry to Yes but when the form opens it's blank. I've tied several docmd's: RunCommand acCmdRecordsGoToNew GoToRecord,, acNewRec GoToRecord acDataForm, "frmName", acNewRec What do I need to do to add new records? Thanks for the help, Paul when you set a form's DataEntry property to Yes, the form should automatically open to a new record, with no existing records available. if instead you'...

I want to plot 2 different graphs together
I am trying to show my outgoings as a stacked column graph which I have managed to do, but I want to show my income in a column next to the stacked column so I can see if my outgoings have exceeded my income. Hi, Is the incomming a Stacked or plain Column? -- Cheers, Shane Devenshire "georgemc" wrote: > I am trying to show my outgoings as a stacked column graph which I have > managed to do, but I want to show my income in a column next to the stacked > column so I can see if my outgoings have exceeded my income. Try one of the links on this page: http://pelti...

Add a set number to a random entered number
I have to start a vehicle service record and am trying to add the 6000 mile service interval to the mileage at service number. EG. A B C D 1 6000 12000 2 12125 18125 3 18200 24200 etc A is the mileage at service and C is the next service due.I am trying to do this without having a cell with a line of 6000 in it and the formula eg =SUM(A1:B1) in the C cell.Is this possable?Hope some one can help. Hi =A1+6000 HTH. Best wishes Harald "Cyclops" <Cyclops@discussions.microsoft.com> skre...

can i add my web page in microsoft outlook 2003
adding a web page or a win forms to the outlook mail so that when i send a mail to a person he should be able to enter the data in the controls on the mail form and should have the ability to save the data directly from the mail, instead of opening the web or a windows application and update the data. Is it possible to achieve what is mentioned above ...

Trying to add or save a record.
I tried this awhile back and gave up. Trying again. I made a form with two tables, customers & calls. When I enter the phone number from the customers table that exists it populates the form the way I want it and I can save the form or add a new record and I think it is saving it in the calls table. If I enter a phone that doesn't exist and try to exit or enter a new record, I get the following. The microsoft jet database engine cannot find a record in the table 'customer' with key matching field(s) 'Phone#'. What I am trying to do is save the form even though ...

Macintosh Add-ins
Hi, I don't know if anyone is familiar with this problem. But we need = an add- in that is supposedly on Windows Excel where you add Data Analysis to=20 Excel. When you check for add-ins for Excel with a Mac and Offic v.X you = only have one add-in and no selection for anything else.=20 I was wandering if anyone has any experience with this and know what=20 needs to be installed for a Mac to add the Data Analysis under the Tools = function. Any help would be appreciated, please e-mail me at=20 mwm2100@yahoo.com Thanks. Hi Mike, See response to your later post. --- Regards, Nor...

Add application to list when camera is connected
Hi, I'm working on a photo management application, and I want to be able to launch my application easily when I connect my digital camera to my PC. When I connect my camera to my PC, a window pops up showing that windows detected that a "camera connected". This window also has a list of applications with the heading "Select the program to launch for this option". I want to add my application to this list. My question is, how can I do this programmatically? When I install and run the application on another machine, for example, I want my application to automatically a...

Keep Column Information Together--Possible? #2
I have information in three columns. The column headings are Proj #, Proj Name & Proj Desc. I have created a userform that I would like for the information from these three columns to automatically fill in. I know that I can link each column to another worksheet or workbook, however, I would like to know if it is possible for the the proj #, proj name & proj desc to stay together for each respective project. What I mean is there are 8 projects each with a proj #, proj name and proj desc. If I select Proj #4 from the drop down box, is there a way for me to also get the proj ...

Quickest way to add one more name to a rule?
In OL2003, I have created a rule that if a piece of email arrives from anyone on a certain list of people it automatically gets delivered to a special folder "Work email". Every once in a while, I get an email from someone who ought to be on that lsit, but isn't. So I go into Tools/Rules, find the rule, and manually ad their name to the ever-growing list. IS there an easier way to do this? Is there some way I can just drag their name to the list somewhere? (The closest I've been able to come to a shortcut is when the email is opened, go to Actions/Create Rule, and ...

Macro to add path to footer
After successfully creating a macro to add the workbook path to the footer, as described in the Microsoft Knowledge Base Article-213615, I found that I could not alter the font of the resulting footer text. Can anyone provide directions that will allow the ability to specify the characteristics of the footer text? Please post both to the newsgroup and direct reply. Thanks Terry, This changes the font, bold attribute and size With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .LeftFooter = "&""Arial,Bold""&12&A" & ActiveWorkbook.FullName End With ...

Add character to end of string
I am working with some data to add a ; to the end of a sting (Filed) so the data can be loaded into another system. All the data is different length up to 44 character filed length, I need to run my update query selecting data from a different field and up date this text string. Is now CBDE1234 RSE142646-109 Need to be CBDE1234; RSE142646-109; Thanks Create a query. Type an expression like this into the Field row: [F] & ";" replacing the F with your field name. Export the query. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australi...

Dynamically Add/Remove Page from PropertySheet
I have a little Problem and look for advise... Lets say i have 2 pages in my sheet, defined as m_Page1 and m_Page2. in the ctor of my PropertySheet i add the first page with AddPage(&m_Page1) and everything is fine. If i add m_Page2 it works, too, but that's not what i want. what i want is to dynamicall add/remove my 2nd page, and that is where the trouble starts: after adding page2 everything is fine and i can use its content, after removing it by RemovePage() the TabControl switches back to the 1st page and still everything runs as expected. But when i now add the 2nd page again,...

Modify Sales>Order window to add button/action
Is there a way to modify the Sales>Order window (where it shows all the orders and you can select different views in the upper right) to do the following: We want to be able to select multiple orders from this view and then call we custom aspx page or a web service by either clicking a button or selecting an action under More Actions. The salesorderid of all selected orders will need to be passed to this webpage/webservice. Is this possible? If this is done via the ISV.config, can you give me some sample code to show how? I know how to add a button on an individual record. Thank...

Add Ins
When I click on the tools menu bar, I dont have the choices I need. I cannot get Data Analysis or Solver, what is the problem. I also added a program as part of an add in that i cant get the right items to appear when I click on the menu bar. What's the problem Do tools>add-ins and check solver, then keep the excel/office cd handy and follow the instructions (do the same for the Analysis ToolPak) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1b5f01c3a8b9$c4e98400$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When I click on the tools menu bar, I dont ...

Missing Numbering Add-in for Excel 2000
Hi, When opening invoices created with the template, I get the error message "The numbering add-in must be added for optimal numbering and toolbar behavior. Please load this add-in into your Library directory." I don't have this add-in, which I believe is called Tmpltnum.xla (from discussions on the forums). Where can I download this file, as I don't see it anywhere on the official Office website? Thanks a bunch, Mitch ...

Can I run these 2 versions of Visio together?
I have Visio for Enterprise Architects (10.0.2705) installed from Visual Studio 2003 Enterprise Architect Edition. However I have users that are running Visio Professional 2003. Visio 2003 is newer, as I get an error with Visio EAE saying that the Visio 2003 data files are not recognized when I try to open them. Can I install Visio Pro 2003 along with Visio EAE without causing any problems? Thanks in advance! I run Visio 2002 and Visio 2003 on my machine. (Visio EA 2003 actually *uses* Visio 2002!!!) The problem is, whenever I start one or the other, I have to wait for it to do a b...

How do I add a new domain to my exchange server?
How do I add a new domain to my exchange server? I have been browsing the menues to find where the domains from which I receive mail is set up - without any luck. Thanks in advance, Henning Have a look at the Recipient Policy. You can configure the environment to be responsible for a new domain using Recipient Policy. Then you can use SMTP address to address the user. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples (if any) are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm * Please d...

VS .NET VC++ MFC IDE Add Variable bugs?
recently started a new project in VC++ MFC using 2003 Visual Studio IDE. When I create Dlg boxes, I use the Add variable Wizard to add variable to my controls. Frist is their a compiled list of bugs in for this window? Is the functionality changed for this window from VC++6.0 IDE? (Looks have changed but expected the functionality to remain the same) If not, these are the issues I see in this window: If we use a variable other than a control, no dataexchange functions are added! (ex for a Edit box if I want to use CString, the variable is added but ni DDX_Text function is added)...

Add multiple domains to spam deny list and real time sbl
Hi, What file can I open in Exchange 2003 to add a list of domains I want to prevent from sending spam, so that I do not have to add each one individualy. Also, how do you set up Exchange 2003 to check the sbl.spamhaus.org real time listing. They list the sites to block and say you can connect to them for free. Can anyone please help? ...

Extender to add a Revision Code to the item (serial number)
I would like to try and use extender to add a revision code, to the item AND serial number at the time of a MO receipt. Can anyone give me an idea on how to get started with this? The window, I need to attach extender to? I think the problem is that the serial numbers are in a scrolling window that I have not been able to locate... Thanks! -- Doug Use Form "Purchasing Serial Number Entry" and Window "Selected_Scroll". The other option is Form "Serial Number Enquiry" and Window "IV_Serial_Number_Inquiry_Scroll" -- Mick "Doug" wrote...