Add Data To Pivot Table

I made a report, requested by our sales reps, that
included sales figures for various customers and
territories over the last few years, showing month
to month totals per rep. But ...

How can I update the report on a monthly basis now?
Instead of having to go back and run the whole report
over again each month, I mean. I just want to be able
to add in the next month's totals to the figures already
in the previous report, but I see no way to 'undo' the
previous setup to add in the new stuff, or merely combine
the new figures with the old.

What am I missing? Any help appreciated.

FINALLY!  i have the same problem.  but no one answered my post.  (See "more
pivot tables.  HELP!" and (pivot tables and relationships...")

"Robert Walker" wrote:

> I made a report, requested by our sales reps, that
> included sales figures for various customers and
> territories over the last few years, showing month
> to month totals per rep. But ...
>
> How can I update the report on a monthly basis now?
> Instead of having to go back and run the whole report
> over again each month, I mean. I just want to be able
> to add in the next month's totals to the figures already
> in the previous report, but I see no way to 'undo' the
> previous setup to add in the new stuff, or merely combine
> the new figures with the old.
>
> What am I missing? Any help appreciated.

0
Pringles (23)
11/10/2004 2:36:01 PM
I may havefound solution:
instead of selecting a particualar area to take info from, drag through they
COLUMNS you want to get data from.  then it will have a (blank) row in the
table, but when you input new data, it will automatically accept it when you
press the Update button.

problem is, when you update it, the (blank) thing stays.

"Robert Walker" wrote:

> I made a report, requested by our sales reps, that
> included sales figures for various customers and
> territories over the last few years, showing month
> to month totals per rep. But ...
>
> How can I update the report on a monthly basis now?
> Instead of having to go back and run the whole report
> over again each month, I mean. I just want to be able
> to add in the next month's totals to the figures already
> in the previous report, but I see no way to 'undo' the
> previous setup to add in the new stuff, or merely combine
> the new figures with the old.
>
> What am I missing? Any help appreciated.

0
Pringles (23)

Proper Table(s) Layout
I have created a couple of Dbs which the table structure seemed to simply fall into place, it was just logical in my head. That said, I am working on a new db and for some reason I am doubting myself and wanted a second opinion. The db is basically a contract db to input all the info, and there is a lot of info, for each contract. Where I am 'lost' is the fact that the contracts are broken into categories: clients, components,engineering, warantee... For all of the components (with the exception of clients) there are a number of fields but only 1 entry per contract....

Table link documentation

Add rows automatically? Accordion
Is there a way to automatically add/show rows that have data? I have a data entry sheet. Then I have a report. The report pulls data from the entry sheet. If there is no data for a specific line/row item, is there a way to automatically hide or not show the row(s) with no data? Thanks Thanks can I have more than one autofilter on a sheet? Sloth wrote: > Use the filter function > Select the data and click on... > Data->Filter->Autofilter > This should make an arrow appear at the top of the data (in the header row). > click the arror and select "Nonblanks"....

Duplicate record in RM tables
We experienced an issue in Apply Sales Document that may have caused a duplicate record somewhere. We found this when running Paid Sales Transaction Removal and received this message: Violation of PRIMARY KEY contraint PKRM3101. Cannot insert duplicate key in object RM30101. I ran the RM duplicate tool found in the automated help area of this website and found the following: --- Begin copy here ---- Duplicates between RM Open and RM History Document #: 07-003021-17 Customer #: 079100 RMDTYPAL #: 7 --- End copy --- It looks like the duplicte tool also logs the qu...

TaxFree add-on
Somebody have an add-on for taxfree print? I need a demo to submit to customer that use rms 1.3 thank you cod ...

Data migration - Adventure Works

Pivot Table Defaults
In the pivot table field list, whenever I create a new pivot table and I am inserting fields into the value area, I generally get as default field setting the 'Count' value. Is there a way to format the spreadsheet to make Excel recognize the data as all numbers so it defaults to the "Sum" function as opposed to "text"? Hi The rule that the PT Wizard adopts is, If all the values in the field being added to the data area are Numeric, then it uses Sum. If any of the values are Text or BLANK, then it uses Count. It sounds as though you have defin...

Like a pivot table
Hello every body I'm first time requesting in this group, so I opologize in advance for any mistakes or something annoying I repeat what I have sent before 10 min because I see it unclear when it goes to news group If any one can help me I'm working with data which most of it comes like a table with feilds as columns and records as rows. I want it to be as many rows with each feild an example what is exist name age Joining Date Tele John 20 Jun-90 4321251 Iqbal 30 Jul-95 6583752 George 40 Sep-85 7843125 What I wa...

Add a secondary administration group error c1041721
I have added a new administration group for a sub site in Japan and now I am getting the following error: The action could not be completed because the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service is unavailable. Operation: Retrieving mount information ID no: c1041721 Exchange Sytem Manger I get this error when I try and drill down to the new admin group to the First Storage Group. I only get this message on machines on my side of the network. If I remote to the mail server in the new site I am able to drill all the way down and see the mailboxes. I can also see our main site informat...

Pivot Table Summary Error?
Greetings, Sorry, wasn't sure which subforum to post this in, as there's nothing dedicated to pivot table. My dilemma is as follows: I have a spreadsheet where data is entered daily. For my example, just imagine a spreadsheet with three columns: date, date, delay. Two date columns are used for the pivot table. The pivot table is displayed with month and weekly ranges as the row headers. There is a field in the pivot table that is summarized as a MAX of one of the source data columns. Now, the problem I am coming across is the monthly summary MAX is not c...

How do I add third-party templates to Visio
I downloaded a new template library and am trying to figure out how to add it to the Software category (I think), however the info on how to do this seems a bit sparse. There appear to be two types with this library that do the same thing when I click on them -- *.vsd and *.vst. Does anyone know what I need to do to add the library? On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 13:43:48 -0700, "Tom Jones" <nfr@nospam.com> wrote: >I downloaded a new template library and am trying to figure out how to add >it to the Software category (I think), however the info on how to do this >seems a b...

how can you add more rows in excel 2000?
Is there a way to add more rows to excel's already 65536 rows? In other words can you expand excel to have more rows then it already has. Impossible, sorry. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Khody" <Khody@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:8A9B7CC9-6832-47D4-830C-7DE692D5616F@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to add more rows to excel's already 65536 rows? In other > words can you expand excel to have more rows then it already has. Unfortunately, you can't increase the number of rows. Versions 2002 and 2003 have the same limitation. tj "Kh...

Add message to customers on printed invoice
We should be able to add a message to customers (holiday hours, holiday message, etc.) to an invoice. Even QuickBooks has this ability, why doesn't GP? -- Art Cabot Director, Information Technology Sizemore, Inc. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. ht...

Source data, in Chart Menu, is grey and not accessible.
I set up a pivot table and designed a chart, saved and closed out of the workbook. Upon returning to work on this project, when selecting the chart menu to work with my source data, the source data is grey and not accessible. What might be causing this and can I correct it? It's a pivot chart. As soon as it's created, it's linked permanently to the pivot table, and you cannot change the source data. you cannot add more data that's not in the pivot table to the chart, nor can you remove data that is in the pivot table from the chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft...

One table with two date fields returning records in a date range
I have a table that has several columns, two of which are date fields. A start_date and comp_date for start and completion date. I need to run a query that will return all the records between two dates selected by a user. Not hard, piece of cake. The problem I am having is that my query isn't returning all the records that overlap a given date range. For example: I select a date range: June 1 to September 1. My query will return 10 records that start and stop between June 1 and September 1. This is good and correct, but.... ...I have several records that start before June ...

Excel Add-In and Dual Monitor Causing Read-Only
Hello: The client has a dual monitor. And, we have a 3rd-party Excel Add-In that "pushes" data into our accounting system from this excel spreadsheet with a click of a button in the Add-Ins tab. On one monitor, we see the Excel spreadsheet containing this data that we "push" with this Add-In. When we successfully push, the other monitor automatically opens a read-only version of this same spreadsheet. We need to find a way for Excel to not produce this read-only spreadsheet on the second monitor. You see, as we continue testing, the client is updating ...

Pivot table #10
I have saved the excel file with data in another name (as a temporary measure) and the pivot tables is now looking at the data in the 'new' file. Is there a way of persuading the pivot tables to look at the original excel file and data without having to use the pivot table wizard to re-make the pivot tables? Regards. Bill Ridgeway ...

how to use this to query my table?
I have a table with 30,000 records. I'd like to use this http://www.regular-expressions.info/email.html to query my email fields (show invalid emails). I'd like to use the first expression listed on that site. How do I proceed? On Sun, 16 May 2010 18:52:30 -0700 (PDT), Song <song.usa@gmail.com> wrote: Write a public function in a standard module: Public Function TestEmail(myEmailField as string) as Boolean Dim pattern As String pattern = "\b[A-Z0-9._%+-]+@[A-Z0-9.-]+\.[A-Z]{2,4}\b" Dim r As RegExp 'Requires a reference to Microsoft VBScr...