Add a Word Document as a Tab in an Excel Document

I work on several documents that require both worksheets and written reports
- being able to add a word document as a new tab in Excel would be a neat way
of integrating the two into one file for storing/printing/emailing.
0
GoDamN (3)

Maybe...

"Office Binder: Gone but Not Really"
PC Magazine article, January 29, 2002 by M. David Stone on using Binder in Office XP

Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"GoDamN" <GoDamN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I work on several documents that require both worksheets and written reports
> - being able to add a word document as a new tab in Excel would be a neat way
> of integrating the two into one file for storing/printing/emailing.
0
jim.coneXXX (771)
12/29/2004 12:06:45 PM
You could also embed the document into excel.

Insert|object|create from file

--

Dave Peterson
0

"Jim Cone" wrote:

> Maybe...

> "Office Binder: Gone but Not Really"
> PC Magazine article, January 29, 2002 by M. David Stone on using Binder in Office XP
>
> Jim Cone
> San Francisco, USA
>
> "GoDamN" <GoDamN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I work on several documents that require both worksheets and written reports
> > - being able to add a word document as a new tab in Excel would be a neat way
> > of integrating the two into one file for storing/printing/emailing.

0
GoDamN (3)
12/29/2004 10:37:03 PM
thanks Dave, being able to do this is kind of what prompted me to suggest
this. The whole embedding thing is just plain clumsy - you have to manually
resize the object, you dont get rulers and other features that are neat in
word. It is a workaround though...

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> You could also embed the document into excel.
>
> Insert|object|create from file
>

> GoDamN wrote:
> >
> > I work on several documents that require both worksheets and written reports
> > - being able to add a word document as a new tab in Excel would be a neat way
> > of integrating the two into one file for storing/printing/emailing.
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
GoDamN (3)

using excel as a database for movies and cd collection help
hi, ive been using excel to maintain a list for my cd's and moves etc just wanted to make it more functional but as im a noob im not sure what i can do, as it stands i have a workbook with a sheet for each catagory cd's movies tv shows etc, with a cell comment giving details of the item like the list of episode titles in a tv series. im using ctrl + f to search and using a red cell for stuff ive lent to friends, i would really like to enhance this workbook maybe add a stats page, see if there is some way to list the number of red cells etc, improve the searching, count the no. o...

export excell into outlook calender
Does anyone know how to export or insert an Excell 2002 spreadsheet (representing a calender) into outlook 2002 calender? Much appreciated. ...

i cant find my email documents
After installing an antivirus to my xp computer i cannot find all my past email. it gives a socket error number 10060 and an error number of 0x800CCC0E Please help "bAyai" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b3e101c4373f$9fc2fd40$a501280a@phx.gbl... > After installing an antivirus to my xp computer i cannot > find all my past email. it gives a socket error number > 10060 and an error number of 0x800CCC0E > Please help If you uninstall it, does the error go away? ...

Excel formatting #4
I am trying to sort a spreadsheet. I want it to sort like this: 1112 1112a 1113 It will only sort: 1112 1113 112a How do I fix this? Thanks! Lori ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ If you put an apostrophe in front of each number, it will allow you t treat it as either text or a number when you sort (Excel will ask yo how you want it treated) ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and po...

Parsing excel field help !
Does any know how can I check all the characters of a field and check that there is not an alphanumeric character (a-z) and if there is one changing to zero. Ex. 5J00 = would like to change it to 5000. 20A5 = would like to change it to 2005. Thank you. Luis try Sub changecharactertozero() For Each c In Selection For i = 1 To Len(c) If Not IsNumeric(Mid(c, i, 1)) Then c.Replace Mid(c, i, 1), "0" Next i Next c End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com <luis.a.roman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1170511995.662504.85390@q2g2000cwa.googl...

add to existing distribution list
Trying to add to an existing distribution list; (from MS Access to Outlook 2003) ; code below can add, but always creates new DL (see below); skipping through Access records into general top level contacts was easy, DL work has been very frustrating. Code below works (it adds to a list) but it needs to refer to a known list. How do I do this successfully ? I've played with : objDistList = myFolder.Items.Add(Outlook.OlItemType.olDistributionListItem) in other code but get "object variable not set" even though I can see it has been ! Dim objOutlook ...

Outlook 2003
I have been using Outlook 2003 with one user/email (pop3)/profile for a few years and have a great system of folders and saved messages. I recently added a new profile with its own email (pop3) and everything is fine. Upon opening Outlook it prompts for the profile to open and I can open both. However, when I select my 'original' profile (listed at 'Outlook' in the drop-down box presumeably because it was the original profile), all my original folders and saved messages appear, but the Send/Receive button is missing from the toolbar as well as from the Tools menu. The S...

move page from one document to another
I need some "fast" help! I have never worked in Publisher before, but need to get a project done for an organization I work for. I need to take several pages from one document and paste them into another document. Both documents are already set up in Publisher. I want to basically "copy" from one document to another. HELP!! kdramirez <kdramirez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to take several pages from one document and paste them into another >document. Both documents are already set up in Publisher. I want to >basically "copy&qu...

Publisher does not recognize tab-delimited text files in a mail m.
I am a student who is learning MS Publisher 2003. In mail merges, publisher does not recognize tab-delimited text files. If you try to mail merge with a tdt file, the data appears as one column entry, making it impossible to sort by separate fields or insert separte fields as a formally formatted address block. Converting the file to a comma-delimited text file (comma separated values) solves the problem. The fields appear separately as they should in the Mail Merge Recipients dialog box, so that you can sort by separate fields and then set up a properly formatted address block. Pl...

Pasting values not formulas in Excel 2002
How does one copy and paste values rather than formulas in Excel 2002? I have Excel 97 and Excel 2000 and in both one can do this through Edit -> Paste Special But Paste Special does not give you this option in Excel 2002 and I cannot find any help in the online Help with about how to paste values. Hi Stephen, I use XL2002 and I can Copy --> Paste Special --> Values with n problem. Edit Paste Special Values Values is in the Paste Section in "Paste Special" and is the thir option on the left. I hope this helps you. Carlos Lopez -- Message posted from http://ww...

Excel 97 worksheet with macros won't open in Excel 2000
I've got a workbook saved in Excel 97 that has some embedded macros (not sure where-we don't really need them). When trying to open from Excel 2000, get error message "An error occurred while initializing the VBA libraries (126)" and the workbook won't open. Any ideas on how to make this work in 2000? Or maybe even find where the macros are and get rid of them? Thanks, Marion ...

Disable format painter in excel 2003
The format painter icon keeps appearing when I add or delete columns and rows - it keeps blocking me from seeing what is in the cell and is a general nuisance. I do not need the format painter, but I cant seem to find a way to deactivate it, permanently if possible. Anyone have any ideas? Actually it is probably not the Format Painter, but the Insert Options button that is bothering you. Tools>Options>Edit. Uncheck the Insert Options and for me, also the Paste Options button. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 15:43:04 -0800, tenchsama <tenchsama@discussions.microsoft...

Excel 2007 Bar and Line chart on 2 Axes
I used Excel 2003 to create a "bar and line chart on 2 axes" and now have 2007. I can't find where or how to create these charts using Excel 2007. Can someone tell me how to do it? Start here http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA102004991033.aspx Then Google "Excel 2007 chart"; look at a few sites Then come back here with specific questions and we will help you get it right. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Nancy" <Nancy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

How do I limit number of fonts available in Word
I only switch between a handful of fonts, when I work with Office products. How do I limit the number of fonts listed? I've removed a lot from c: > Windows > Fonts, but every time I open Word, I'm still seeing more than I'm interested in. Install file management software. Word displays all the installed fonts the current printer is capable of printing. Cheaper still format your documents with styles and ignore the font listing altogether. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><...

XL 2003 Add Ins
I am looking for the Template Wizard with Data Tracking in Excel 2003. This add in was available for prior versions of Excel. Thanks for any help! Melissa also posted in the programming section where it was covered. Just letting others know that they need not answer the question as it has been already addressed. "Melissa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:014301c398cb$ed9e1850$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I am looking for the Template Wizard with Data Tracking > in Excel 2003. This add in was available for prior > versions of Excel. Thanks ...

Recover excel file
Can I get an autorecover file, if I closed Excel without saving changes? Sorry Jimp If you closed without saving, it's gone. Did you happen to E-Mail it to someone before you closed ?? Because it would be in sent email. Otherwise, it's start again I'm afraid. Regards Michael M "jimp" wrote: > Can I get an autorecover file, if I closed Excel without saving changes? ...

In Excel 2000, How can I change the order in a pivot table?
I am having problems changing the order of my pivot table. The "Drop Column Fields here" is date related and I grouped that area by month. I can change the chart data series order, save the file, close the file, then reopen it and the changes go back to the default view before the series order in the chart changed. I have another co-worker that has Office 2003 and it does not happen to her. It retains the information as she saved it. Is it a glitch in Excel 2000? ...

Word 2001 for OS X
Simple question that I just can't hunt down the answer to, and I hope someone could just answer pretty easily. . . . Does Mac Word 2001 work on the latest version of Mac OS X (10.3.7 I think)??? And I don't mean in classic mode, I mean does it work like any other program without having to use classic mode. I think so, but I need to know for sure. In article <1104957946.508268.170070@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, jsteinsapir@gmail.com wrote: > Simple question that I just can't hunt down the answer to, and I hope > someone could just answer pretty easily. . . . Doe...

Why won't word alphabetize a list of email addresses?
I typed a list of single spaced email addresses separated by paragraphs and want to alphabetize them. When I try, I get an error message "Word cannot sort fields in the selections." How can I sort this list? Thanks!!! In the Sort dialog, for "Sort by," make sure you have "Paragraphs" selected instead of "Field 1" or anything else. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Sort list of email addresses" <Sort list of email addresses@discussions.microsoft.com&...

PDF'ing in MS Excel 2003
I'm noticing this while trying to PDF in MS Excel (2003). When I try to send the pages I'm interested in PDF'ing to the printer to create an Adobe document, the tabs are all saved as separate files. I have up to 200 pages that I need to PDF, and many of these documents are in fairly complex Excel models in different tabs. Is there any way to bypass this - in other words, have all the tabs that I've selected to print, save as a single Adobe file, so that I don't have to combine them later into one, consolidated document? By the way, I noticed that when I do this at ho...

Excel / VBA
Hi, I am trying to find how to add or remove the description displayed on the "Macro" pop-up menu (Alt-F8). Generally macros recorded have a banale description giving the time/date & username, others that I write directly in the VBE have none. Can anyone point how to add/modify this description? thanks, Scott --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Scott, When the macro recorder fires up, the first dialog allows you to put whatever description you want in, including none if so desired. The value gets saved as comments, but changing the comments does not chang...

How do I search for pennies in Word (eg $4.13 as opposed to $4)
I'm trying to find a fast way to search through financial statement footnotes and find instances where monetary amounts are not rounded to nearest dollar. For instance, where $151,252.11 is typed, there should only be $151,252 (no pennies). Is there a way to search for monetary amounts that end in pennies? Hi, Do the following. 1. Press Ctrl+F to open Find and Replace. 2. In "Find What", type $[0-9,]{1,}.[0-9]{2} 3. Click "More". 4. Select the "Use wildcards" check box. 5. Click "Find Next. Be sure to clear the "Use wildcards"...

excel
I experimented with Text to Voice and now I CANNOT TURN IT OFF! It operates in every spreadsheet and in every cell - it is driving me nuts! Please - how do you stop it! - the toolbar does not work - it stops it if I am quick enough for the one cell but carries on in all the rest!*! Thanks Ally64000@yahoo.co.uk Go 'View' > 'Toolbars' > check 'Text to speech' and the toolbar will appear Toggle the icon on the right, 'Speech on enter' to off Regards, "ally" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:079701c46e53$e386cde0...

How do I hide tab scrolling buttons?
I have a workbook that has the some of the tab scrolling buttons hidden. How do I unhide them? Do you have the "sheet tabs" option under Tools, Options, View selected? The scroll bars options? Not sure what you're referring to. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "dlove10486_1999" <dlove10486_1999@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0853FAC7-2AE5-495D-89D1-6D74B0122C72@microsoft.com... |I have a workbook that has the some of the tab scrolling buttons hidden. How | do I unhide them? ...

Changing the standard format of a word document
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) This Word for Mac is pathetic! You would expect the Mac version is just the PC version, but for Mac, but no....it has to be completely different for some reason that only a pimply faced nerd would understand. <br><br>My issue is simple, each time I open word up, the &quot;spacing after&quot; is set at 10 pts. I have to change it to a sensible spacing of 0 each time I create a new document - I am getting majorly annoyed at this application. <br><br>With the PC version, you can just set the spacing...