Add a picture

Hello all,-
I would like to add an picture in a Excel range (not a background for the
entire sheet but only 1 range of cells). This picture has to be behind the
range - so if I type something in the cell range, it will be much clearer
(instead of having that picture on top of that range with transparency
effect). Do you know if it is feasible or if Excel 2003 provided this feature?
Thank you in advance!
0
Marcus1 (44)

No. Other than worksheet background images, all images reside in the
Drawing Layer "above" the cells.

One workaround would be to insert your picture, then use the camera tool
to copy the range and paste it on top of the picture, setting fill to
None.

In article <1B6A5DFE-1608-4EA6-8AD9-82A5D6912A69@microsoft.com>,
 Marcus <Marcus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Hello all,-
> I would like to add an picture in a Excel range (not a background for the
> entire sheet but only 1 range of cells). This picture has to be behind the
> range - so if I type something in the cell range, it will be much clearer
> (instead of having that picture on top of that range with transparency
> effect). Do you know if it is feasible or if Excel 2003 provided this feature?
> Thank you in advance!
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

Can't run add user wizard SBS console feature not installed correc
I have recently installed Windows SBS 2008 on a Dell PowerEdge T605. After completing the installation and running all the Windows updates, I tried to add the users and groups to the server. The first time I ran the Windows SBS console and clicked on the Users and Groups tab, I receive the error message. "The Windows SBS console feature is not setup correctly." The wizard window appears behind the error message and disappears when the error is dismissed. User Roles tab shows no roles and attempting to add a role gives the same issue as a new User. Groups behave the sam...

Add-in "C:\winnt\system\mociext.dll could not be installed or loaded
Starting Outlook 2003 on a Win2K Pro machine error received.. "TheAdd-in C:\winnt\system\mociext.dll could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be reloved by using the Detect and Repair on the Help Menu" This does not fix nor does a reinstall of Office 2003 Pro. How can this be remedied. ...

can not add email in SBS 2003
I am having a similar problem to one mentioned earlier. Just today I went to add a new employee email account into our system running SBS 2003. I do it through the active directory app as usual. The user creates just fine, but does not create the exchange mailbox or email address... I have extensively looked into the RUS stuff all that aprears ok and there are no errors in the event viewer. anyone have ideas? i need to get this resolved quickly. thanks, saul Check your event logs - do you see any 8331 errors in the Application log? If so, there's a hotfix available from MS, ...

How to add a menu
How should i do to add a menu when i make a right click on the icon placed in the systray for my soft ? Kheo wrote: > > How should i do to add a menu when i make a right click on the icon placed > in the systray for my soft ? CPoint mouse; GetCursorPos(&mouse); SetForegroundWindow(hWnd); TrackPopupMenu(m_hMenu, 0, mouse.x, mouse.y, 0, hWnd, NULL); -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] ...

Add-In problems
Hello, I have downloaded the add-in access links and followed all the installation steps. When I try to open access form in excel it says there was an error and it could not open. Has anyone else encountered this? Second question: I wanted to use this to create a form for a worksheet that I'm going to put on a network server so a group of users can get to it. Has anyone had any problems or had any success? Thanks, ...

add a record from a form to an linked spread sheet
Can I have a form in access that has a table that is a linked to a spread sheet On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 12:58:01 -0800, goozbump <goozbump@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can I have a form in access that has a table that is a linked to a spread sheet Yes, but due to Microsoft's losing a lawsuit, you cannot update that table. John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Excel 2003 add List to Combo Box from Control Toolbox
Hi, How can I add a list of data to an combo box created through the control toolbox (not from the forms toolbar)? Thanks, Koen Name the list and use that name in the ListFillRange Property. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Koen" <Koen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7E029F3-2CD4-48D1-874F-5725C34B60F4@microsoft.com... > Hi, > How can I add a list of data to an combo box created through the control > toolbox (not from the forms toolbar)? > Thanks, > Koen ...

Add more rows to a 3 column list box
Using Office 2003 and Windows XP; Two 3-column listboxes on a form, arranged side-by-side. The left-side box is populated using a record source. No problem. I would like the user to be able to double-click on a record listed in the left-side box and have it appear in the right-side list box. The following code works for the first record. After that, it replaces the one record with the next one clicked. How can I alter this code to add additional items? Me.lbxReferencedNames.RowSourceType = "Value List" Me.lbxReferencedNames.ColumnCount = 3 Me.lbxReferencedNames.RowSource = sNa...

can't delete or add messages to personal folder
Hi, we have a pst-file (size 1,82 Gb) and we cant add or delete messages. we get the error message: The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart outlook. I have checked the pst-file with scanpst and no error were found. we are using Outlook 2000. Hope someone can help me 1,82GB is a troublesome size as the pst filelimit is 2048MB. See if you can clear the Deleted Items folder and/or run Compact Now on it. Then run scanpst.exe again. When you recovered create a new pst-file because when you go over the limit you'll loose some mails in the ...

How to add a note to an email in inbox?
I often get an email that needs a responce other than by email. It can be a response by letter, phone, a package or other things. It would be fantastic to be able to add a note to an incoming email. Important things to remember. (When I called back, what we agreed on, what to do next.....) "Enjoy" <Enjoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:624C99BF-999A-452D-BE62-92D0E2584800@microsoft.com... >I often get an email that needs a responce other than by email. It can be a > response by letter, phone, a package or other things. It would be fantastic...

Add header into Excel table
Hi, How can I add header(cells in first row) to the sheet which is created after I copied values from other sheets? Eg. values copied are like this 2003 |June| James| 250 2005 |May| John | 1001 So, the header would be Year|Month|Name|Amount Thanks in advance, amy -- jonesaa05 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jonesaa05's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28021 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=477044 Click on the #1 to select row 1, and hit Insert-->Row, and type t...

Developing POS 2009 add-ins or possible workarounds?
Hello. I am very new to MS Dynamics POS 2009. I am currently using the trial version, so I don't have the full support (planning to upgrade from Intuit POS). I am looking to create add-ins and would like to know where I can get started. I have Visual Basic Express... Do I need POS 2009 SDK or is there a work-around? I do not wish to spend any money since I'm just evaluating the product at this time. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to do the following: 1. Default to "Work Order" instead of "Sales Transaction" (after every transac...

Add Table to Report
Hello I have a question about Crystal Reports. I'm using mscrm 1.2 on server and Crystal 9.2.2 on a xp client. I can modify reports in crm everything works fine. Now i want do add the owning user in opportunity report. therefore i ned to add a table where the ownin user name is inside. How can i get this working. Are there any ressources or documentation on crystal reports with mscrm1. TH Hi, if you only want to add the name of the owning user, then use the field "owneridname" which is in the opportunity "table" (this tables don't correspond 100% with exis...

how do i add a scroll bar to a line chart?
Im trying to put a scroll bar on a line chart in excel 2007 using 3 lines of horizontal data from another worksheet, the top line is the period labels(p1,p2,p3 etc) the other 2 lines underneath are performance figures and the target amount, i want to display any 12 periods of 24 depending on where i set the scroller, i know its the OFFSET functon but im having trouble figuring out how to name the ranges etc i can't seem to get the scroller to work. I could do with step by step instructions!! Any help would be really greatly appreciated. If you go to my site and send me an email with...

Can I easily add 'date last saved' field?
Hi, as above really. Word has this option for its fields but I can't find how to do it *easily* in Excel :) -- Thanks. CJSnet (Remove TEETH to reply by e-mail.) USing VBA Function DocProps(prop As String) application.volatile On Error GoTo err_value DocProps = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties _ (prop) Exit Function err_value: DocProps = CVErr(xlErrValue) End Function and enter in a cell =DOCPROPS("last save time") (format cell as date) This is a custom UDF, so you need to place the code in a normal code module. -- HTH RP (remove nothere...

mail merge disappearing clipart picture problem
My Publisher merge document is a side-fold greeting card with a textbox (autoshape) and clip-art on page 1 and merged-in text on page 3. Here's the problem: When I merge to a new publication, the clip-art disappears. Any idea what's going on? -- Steve Eklund Kansas City, MO All the clipart? Look at the advanced print in the print dialogue to make sure you are telling the printer to print pictures. How current is your printer driver? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "seklund" <seklund at sbc ...

Load planning add on
Can anyone suggest a load planning add on at all? Try Myridias by Trinity: http://www.trinitycomputers.co.uk/assets/pdfs/myridas_wholesale_distribution.pdf "clemyp" wrote: > Can anyone suggest a load planning add on at all? ...

Adobe PDF add-on keeps crashing
I am using MS Word 2007 and Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional. For some reason, when I try using the Convert to PDF add-on, Word keeps crashing and when it restarts it asks if I want to disable the add-on. I've tried it both ways... I've disabled the add-on and then I have to print to PDF rather than do a straight conversion... and I've left the add-on enabled. I estimate it crashes about 50% of the time. It doesn't seem to matter what the document size is, it crashes with large documents and with very small documents. Any ideas?? I would suggest contacting Adobe as ...

Add ContractLine Entity in Menu
Hi, Is it possible to add a shortcut in the Service Menu to the ContractLine Entity? I really appreciate if someone could help. Regards, Alcides ...

How to add non-native attribute to XmlSchema in .NET
I am building an XML Schema with the SOM in .NET and would like to add a non-native attribute to one of my elements. Does anyone know how to do this? (Whithout rendering the schema to an XmlDocument to do it.) Thanks! Eric Eric wrote: > I am building an XML Schema with the SOM in .NET and would like to add > a non-native attribute to one of my elements. Does anyone know how to > do this? (Whithout rendering the schema to an XmlDocument to do it.) What do you mean "non-native"? If that means non-schema attributes (some proprietary attribute say on xs:element) you can add...

add a delivery report/read receipt to an excel cell
is it possible to add a delivery report/read receipt to a 2003 excel spreadsheet cell from an Outlook email With some custom VBA programming, you should be able to do this. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "bishop bass" <bishop bass@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:98338893-D851-4767-A7A7-7460EB94B508@microsoft.com... > is it possible to ad...

Picture compression issues in Outlook 2003
I can't find anything in Microsoft's help files that explains photo compression for Outlook 2003. Here's what's happening: Scenario #1: When I add a photo to the body of my email message, I use the Outlook compression tool to compress the pic, but nothing happens. The pic arrives at the recipient as a huge file with no compression artifacts. Scenario #2: When I resize the pic (using the Outlook tool) and I uncheck the compression option, it arrives at the recipient full of compression artifacts, which means it did compress it. The whole reason why I resized the pic was s...

cannot insert picture into Outlook 2002 email
Outlook closes and a error message is generated when I try to insert a picture. I have my mail format configured as HTML. I use to be able to do this and now I cannot. Any ideas? ...

How to ADD a line-feed or BREAK to Chart Title?
I'm using a CELL to define a Chart Title but need to put a BREAK or LINE FEED in the title string to force it to WRAP into two lines of the same FONT Type. How can a BR, Break, or LF be inserted to WRAP a long Title? Purpose is to then =CONCATENATE date and Serial No of product into Title. -G In your reference cell. Type line one<alt + enter> type line two <enter> Format to wrap text. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 07:29:27 -0700, flightsim.gregory@yahoo.com wrote: >I'm using a CELL to define a Chart Title but need to put a BREAK or >LINE ...

add audio to web
Bs'd Hi, anybody knows how do I add an audio message to be played in a web site? Using html? I'd really appreciate any response! Thanks Sheila Sheila wrote: > anybody knows how do I add an audio message to be played in a web site? > Using html? > > I'd really appreciate any response! Have a serious think about whether this is something you really want to do. If it still is, have a think about the poor users for whom audio on websites makes them want to jump off the nearest clip. There are very few places where it's justifiable to force your own audio on...