Add a button to a sheet to open a userform

I'm looking for a way to add a button to a spreadsheet that will open up
a userform. I've seen it done before, I'm just not sure how do it.

Thanks,
Chris

--
PokerZan
PokerZan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23480

Hello Chris

Add a Command button to Excel double click it so it takes you to the vb
code & enter UserForm1.Show (between Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
& End Sub)
& then click the add userform button (it's next to the save disk on the
tool bar).
& that's it.

Cheers Lee

--
robmeister
robmeister's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24364

Looking at a message without opening it
Hi there, This is an Outlook question, despite me mentioning Outlook Express below.. In Outlook Express, I can look at a message in raw format (including ALL email headers, mime parts, etc) by right-clicking on the message in the inbox, select "Properties", select "Details" tab, select "Message Source" button. This will open a text window displaying the whole email in raw format. Can I do that with Outlook as well? Right-click, "Options" does not give me the same possibilities like in Outlook Express. But perhaps there is a plugin or makro I cou...

Bloomberg add-in anomalies
A discovery was reported at work today: a user has the Bloomberg add-in (http://about.bloomberg.com/software/index.html - the DDE Server and Excel Add-Ins file) installed on his computer, and Excel seems to have been affected in two ways that he's noted so far: 1. When trying to apply a name to a range using the input area on the top left of the workbook space, the input box kicks the user out after a short while (as if the Esc key has been pressed) 2. When programming in the VBE, the Auto List Members box (the list of properties etc that pops up as an aid after inserting a "."...

Need a "save & close" button directly on spreadsheet
I need a button which, when clicked, will do a "Save" and close the file, exactly as if you'd clicked "Save" in the File menu. The thing is, this needs to be a button directly on the spreadsheet, next to some other buttons I have on there that run macros, NOT a button on a toolbar. Is there a macro that will do this that I can connect to a button? Thanks, Ron M. Here you go: Sub SaveAndClose() ActiveWorkbook.Save ActiveWorkbook.Close End Sub ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Ron M." <rmorgan7@austin.rr.com> wrote in message news:113...

Open form based on selection
I have a form [frm_modelselect] where I will select a chair model. Then I want to hit a command, or just have a macro that runs onChange. Either way, I want to open a specific form based on the Model that I selected in [frm_modelselect]. How do I go about doing this? Thanks in advance. Travis On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 14:24:04 -0700, Tdahlman wrote: > I have a form [frm_modelselect] where I will select a chair model. Then I > want to hit a command, or just have a macro that runs onChange. > Either way, I want to open a specific form based on the Model that I > selected in [frm_...

Workflow question: Upon opening a new case notify team
I am trying to configure CRM so that it will notify a team (all team members) when a case is opened. How would I accomplish this? I have created a team, called tech support, added members, and was setting up a workflow rule when I noticed that you can set up notifications only to users, not teams. This just doesn't seem right. Oh yeah, I also created a new email template. Same thing, 1 owner.... What am I missing? David M Afraid there is no easy way to do this. You could use a Post-URL action to send the message and it could expand out the team members. Also note that you can&#...

Unable to send e-mail and get error message when opening live mail
This is the message I get Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'pic' Server: 'post.camtel.net' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F Protocol: SMTP Port: 25 Secure(SSL): No I call server and all is well. Turn off e-mail scanning in your anti-virus program. It is a redundant layer of protection that eats up CPUs, slows down sending and receiving, and causes a multitude of problems such as time-outs, account setting change...

Close open space for color fill tool
What is a way to close an open space to use the fill tool? Mark. A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Mark Brown <mbrown@pnint.com>!"... > What is a way to close an open space to use the fill tool? What version of Publisher are you using? How have you created this "open space"? Is it a line/curve? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm Publisher 2003 XP Pro SP1a I am using the curve tool on a 4 X 6 Postcard....

Worksheet
can a function be placed in worksheet 2 that adds up numbers/data from worksheet 1? Yes, for instance =SUM(Sheet1!A1:A18) will sum A1:A18 in Sheet1, the easiest way is to type =SUM( then just use the mouse to select the other sheet tab, then select the range also with the mouse and finish by pressing enter, then Excel will enclose the formula with a right parenthesis Regards, Peo Sjoblom "brietve" wrote: > can a function be placed in worksheet 2 that adds up numbers/data from > worksheet 1? Sure Simply co to your sheet enter = and then enter the function (I'...

Unable to open html attachment in outlook 2000 (Please help)
Currently using outlook 2000. Got an attachment html link. Click open, a new windows --> system32 opened. Click onto the attachment again, Click save as, into my computer, double click the link, then it able to open in IE. Q: Why can't I open it directly, instead I have to save the attachment before open the html file. Please help. Thanks & Regards James something is messed up if it's opening a windows explorer window. I think you'll need to reregister IE. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for ...

Copy Sheets
Why can't I copy a sheet in excel to another workbook? When I right click on the sheet tab in is not doing anything no more as well. Hi griify Maybe you protect the workbook Tools>Protection -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "griify" <griify@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AAC20DC8-6132-45D3-874B-57073E9EDB12@microsoft.com... > Why can't I copy a sheet in excel to another workbook? When I right click on > the sheet tab in is not doing anything no more as well. griigy, It works better for me to select the range I want ...

Problem Opening Outlook XP
I was having a few small problems with outlook xp so I uninstalled the whole office suite. After uninstalling I cleaned everything refering to "office", "outlook" in the registry (windows xp professional w/sp2) with jv16 PowerTools 2006. Then I reinstalled Office XP. Everything works except, when opening outlook I get the message "Failed to register a VB Script DLL. Reinstall or run Regsvr32.exe Vbscript.dll to self register.". Then outlook closes. I have registered vbscript.dll successfully and still the error. I have un/reinstalled several times now and still t...

An error accurs while trying to add the report to Microsoft CRM
Dear all, i have a problem in uploading the report in CRM 3.0 I had already 'full' reinstall CRM, but the error still occurs. I also cannot create a new categories of reports. When i click 'OK' it cannot appears in the categories list!! Here is the error message. "Error Uploading report! An error accurs while trying to add the report to Microsoft CRM. Try adding the report again, if this problem continues, contact your system administrator" I use Win2003 Server Standard Edition with SQL 2000 Server, develope with Visual Studio 2003 and SQL Reporting Services. I a...

Outlook 2007/Vista 64/ "Cannot open the Outlook Window"
Unable to start Outlook; rcv dialog "Cannot Start Microsoft Office Outlook; Cannot open the Outlook Window". Error occurred AFTER a Norton 2009 "idle time scan" hang DURING an Outlook send/receive that was apparrently hung due to Norton. I have attempted several published fixes including Scanpst, DeleteOutlookProfiles, running Outlook with /safe switch (same error), uninstall/reinstall Outlook, turning Norton 2009 off during my process, etc. On reinstall (after running DeleteOutlookProfiles), I create a new profile and a new Outlook PST ... still receive the "...

outlook is blanking out previously opened emails
When I open outlook with my msn account previously viewed and/or replied to emails and previously sent emails are all blank. Can anyone help. The messages aare still readble in hotmail but are blank in outlook. "vjvtm4" <vjvtm4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65909A21-3C60-42E9-9321-8789EBCB8CEE@microsoft.com... > When I open outlook with my msn account previously viewed and/or replied to > emails and previously sent emails are all blank. Can anyone help. The > messages aare still readble in hotmail but are blank in outlook. If this...

Problems opening Outlook 2003 #2
I click on the office outlook 2003, it says "configuring outlook accounts", then I get the message, "your microsoft exchange server is unavailable" ( retry, work offline, cancel). I try the work offline tab then a box comes up saying, " unable to open your default email folders, your profile is not configured. I try to configure my profile and something i am doing is not right. Please help. What do I do? Thank you for your help with this problem. Keith Are you trying to connect to an Exchange server? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to ...

Exchange CRM Router
I'm trying to add the users using the Rule Deployment Wizard, except I get failures for all users. Details of the Failure: User 'xx' cannot be resolved because Active Directory could not be contacted for domain 'abc' Has anyone seem this before?? Any help would great. Thanks Stuart. hi stuart i have the same problem, do you have a dot in your domain name? "StuartM" wrote: > I'm trying to add the users using the Rule Deployment Wizard, except I get > failures for all users. > Details of the Failure: User 'xx' cannot be resolved becau...

Excel Macro Problem, Add-in need to work in every workbook & Error:9 Subscript out of range
I will first write the code then explain the problem ThisWorkbook Part: Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) If PropExis = True And PropValue = True Then UnStampEveryPage End If End Sub Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) If PropExis = True And PropValue = True Then UnStampEveryPage StampEveryPage End If End Sub Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean) If PropExis = True And PropValue = True Then UnStampEveryPage End If End Sub Module Part: Option Explicit 'Adds Word Art to Sheet Sub AddWordArt(i As Long) Dim celTo...

remove button
How can I remove the Save and Close, or Save and New button on a phone call activity? Hi Troy, You could find out the location of the buttons via Javascript and then hide these buttons. Though this is relatively hard to do and unsupported, it can be done. Another approach, which in my opinion is a lot better, would be to remove the rights for users to create, delete and eventually update the entity phone call. You can do this in the security roles in the settings section. Hope this helps, -- Ronald Lemmen - MSCRM MVP Avanade Netherlands http://ronaldlemmen.blogspot.com/ "Troyz...

Business Portal Add Users
I am trying to add new users to Business Portal. They have already been set up on the server, but when I try to add them in Business Portal I get the following msg at the very end of the add process. system.exception: soap:server server was unable to process request. -- > The subscriber object cannot be instantiated via its default constructor. PublisherAssemblyName: Microsoft.BusinessFramework PublisherClass: Microsft.BusinessFramework.Security.UserSecurityRole PublisherEvent: Inserted SubscriberAssemblyName: Microsoft.BusinessFramework.Portal SubscriberClass: Microsoft.BusinessFramewor...

Outlook 2000 Customize Outlook Today button does not work
Does anyone know why the Customize Outlook Today button does not work and what steps I need to take to get make it work. This is a new hard drive with Win 2000, Office 2000, and Outlook 2000. I have not done anything to corrupt it that I am aware of. When I push the button, nothing happens. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks "John" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:042801c3ddf5$80deb1b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know why the Customize Outlook Today button > does not work and what steps I need to take to get make i...

VS2005 Add Event Handler
Hi I'm making a menustrip for my main dialog - and I go into Add Event Handler and the class list and message type lists are both blank. There are items in them, because I've clicked in them and been able to change stuff, however I can't see the items. Screenshot's at http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a214/LtBrenton/blankAEH.jpg (the name of the project's blanked out, but you can see the problem) Any ideas? -Lt Problem's solved, it was an issue with IE7 Beta 2. -Lt "LtBrenton" <uaf_brenton@concsols.com> wrote in message news:%23ftWSQkWGHA...

Can't open Excel files
I've never had this problem until now. When I try to open either the Excel application or an excel file on my desktop, a window pops up trying to install Windows XP Professional w/Front Page and the application nor the files will open. I have XP home edition. I can open PPt and Word documents just fine. What's going on?? Thanks, Patsy ...

Publisher files saved to a server 2003 open slowly if at all
I have xp computers running office 2007 all clients save files to a server 2003 equiped dell sc4400 server. When office 2003 was opertaing all clients opened fast from the server. With Office 2007 installed all server files open very slowly. I do not have Office 2007 installed on my server. Could this be the problem? All clients run slowly since the change to office 07 I cannot find anything I should have done to inform my server of the change to Office 07. Please Help. ...

unable to open excel file which contains macro
i am unable to open an excel file which contains macro on my pc. my colleagues are able to open the same file on their pcs. adjusted security settings but doesn't work. pls help What happens exactly when you try to open the file? Any message, etc.? What Excel version? (Posters should _always_ mention this). Close Excel and restart it. Then confirm that Tools, Macro, Security has you at Low or Medium. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ...

problem opening with pub 2003 a Publisher brochure made in 2000
A brochure created in Pub 2000 does not open properly in Pub 2003. To avoid recreating this brochure in Pub 2003. is there another way Please explain "doesn't open properly". -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "MickR" <MickR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BFB54AB-BCD0-4934-BA26-D2695B505127@microsoft.com... >A brochure created in Pub 2000 does not open properly in Pub 2003. To avoid > recreating this brochure in Pub 2003. is there another way After 2003 converts the file the publication is scrambled slightly, ie text b...