ActiveX Option Buttons

:confused:

Hello,

I need to know how to tell an option button what value to return.

I have a group of 4 option buttons and I have linked them all to th
same cell.

That's when they stop working, because they all want to say 'true' o
'false' - how do I get them to return a value instead (i.e. 1-4) so
can do a calculation on the value in the linked cell?

Please help

--
veci
vecia's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=211

You can't. Link them to separate cells and use that to determine which has
been set.

--

HTH

RP

http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2117
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=271840

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
10/23/2004 11:12:26 PM
Vecia,

If you only want the options buttons linked to a cell (and don't need code
behind them), you can use option buttons from the forms toolbar.  Link them
to the same cell, and you'll get 1, 2, 3, etc, depending on which is on.

--
Earl Kiosterud

"vecia" <vecia.1elkpy@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> :confused:
>
> Hello,
>
> I need to know how to tell an option button what value to return.
>
> I have a group of 4 option buttons and I have linked them all to the
> same cell.
>
> That's when they stop working, because they all want to say 'true' or
> 'false' - how do I get them to return a value instead (i.e. 1-4) so I
> can do a calculation on the value in the linked cell?
>
> Please help!
>

> --
> vecia
> vecia's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2117
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=271840

0
nothanks4548 (968)

Custom buttons
My custom buttons suddenly disappeared.Although my macroses are still in personal.xls Could someone help me to bring them back? Svilen How were the custom buttons created? Manual customizations are saved in a file named *.XLB XL2000 and 2002 *.xlb file will be in Documents and Settings\yourname\application data\microsoft\Excel and be Excel9.xlb or Excel10.xlb Perhaps this file is going astray? If on a server, this can happen. Search for *.xlb and see what you come up with. When you get your customization done, make a backup copy of the *.xlb file. One more fact about *.xlb files. ...

Outlook 2000 Send button
Now my send button is inactive. When I open an email message, and click reply, I cannot click the send button. ...

Option to display images from newsletters by default?
Where is the option to display images from email newsletters by default so I do not have to click on the display images link? Thanks. Rick wrote: > Where is the option to display images from email newsletters by default > so I do not have to click on the display images link? There is no option in Outlook related to newsletter e-mails. Outlook has no means of identifying a particular e-mail as a newsletter. If you disable Outlook's security option that blocks 3rd party (Internet) content from your e-mails then you unblock that linked content for ALL your e-mails, ...

No Paste Options Button
When I paste text, the paste options button does not appear. Under Word Options -> Advanced -> Cut,Copy, & Paste I have checked "Show Paste Options buttons." Any insight appreciated. I've read that some add-ins--particularly those that take charge of your defaults--can prevent the paste options button from appearing. Do you have an add-in called "set default view" or something similar? If so, try removing the add-in and see if that fixes it. Sometimes, turning it on/off can spontaneously fix a stuck registry setting. I.e., turn the settin...

Ribbon toggle button issues
I have two custom toggle buttons on the ribbon and they work sometimes but it is very clunky. When I first open the file the ribbon works. But it seems sometimes if I switch to another file and/or do some other tasks, then go to use either toggle, I get "Object variable or with block variable not set". If I close and reopen the ribbon file again it works again --- for awhile. The error is on this line: gRibbonUI1.InvalidateControl ("rxTB1") I think the variable gRibbonUI1 which is set to "ribbon" is falling out of scope (gRibbonUI1 is declared ...

Navigation Pane Buttons
I'm using 2003 SP3. When I click the Tasks button in the navigation pane, the display does not change. This is not an issue with the other buttons - Mail displays mail items OK etc. Anyone know the solution? Howard Try using the /resetnavpane command line switch as described here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HP012185891033.aspx "Howard" <man_o_law@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#hjQ2jyGKHA.4552@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I'm using 2003 SP3. > > When I click the Tasks button in the navigation pane, the display does not > change. T...

sort without the sort button
Hi all. I have a table of strings that I have concatenated from several dro down lists. I now need to sort this data into a single column alphabetically and list all unique entries along with a percentage. I think I can do the listing unique entries etc. if I can just sort ou the problem I am having with sorting a column alphabetically. The problem is that I want to be able to use cell formulas to do th sorting as I want the sheet 'idiot proof'. The only user intervention want is for them to initially select the data they use from the dro down lists. I can do this using macro'...

"Standard TCP/IP port" option missing when adding printer
I want to add a TCP/IP printer but I am seem to be missing the "Standard TCP/IP port" option in the drop-down list when adding printer via local port. I have no idea why this is missing on this machine. Is it a driver? How can I restore it? "dclist" <dclist@gmail.com> wrote in message news:6a59691a-5012-400a-884d-d0e44b3c05f8@o15g2000vbb.googlegroups.com... > I want to add a TCP/IP printer but I am seem to be missing the > "Standard TCP/IP port" option in the drop-down list when adding > printer via local port. I have no idea why this ...

Excel Chart Legends need alignment option (rotate 90-180-270 deg)
We need the ability to rotate legends in Excel charts. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=45fc3eb0-0201-42d5-a926-4eb215e72eab&dg=microsoft.public.excel.charting Not an option. -- Bern...

ActiveX and NM_CUSTOMDRAW
I have an ATL Composite Control (DLL) that that includes my own control (CMySlider) derived from CSliderCtrl. Here is the message map of this control. BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP(CMySlider, CSliderCtrl) //{{AFX_MSG_MAP(CPlayerSlider) ON_NOTIFY_REFLECT(NM_CUSTOMDRAW, OnCustomdraw) //}}AFX_MSG_MAP END_MESSAGE_MAP() When Composite Control is embedded in the Dialog or FormView, CMyControl receives notification, OnCustomdraw gets called and everything draws/works perfectly. The problem is that when the Composite Control is embedded in HTML page, I’m not receiving notification at all and instead of ...

Button still highlighted after losing focus
I have a dialog box which has a combobox and two buttons. When i click on the button the MessageMap function for the button gets invoked which sets the focus to the combobox. Even though the focus gets set to the combo box the button which was clicked is highlighted (dark rectangle, BS_PUSHBUTTON property). Can anyone explain how i can overcome this problem. "chandan" <chandanlinux@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:8ea735ac.0410080408.1a64ba4b@posting.google.com... > I have a dialog box which has a combobox and two buttons. When i click > on the button the MessageMap fu...

PM Aged Trial Balance with Options by Account
My client has several Accounts Payable accounts (one per entity) in one company (database). They would like to generate an Aged Trial Balance with Options report by Accounts Payable account. The information is in PM10100, but I can't link it in Report Writer to any table associated with the report. Any ideas regarding how I can overcome this obstacle? Thank you. In the past I have done this very easily by Vendor Class. Typically, the vendor class would be associated to the company (Specific GL AP Control Account)band you can run this report to foot to your Control Account. If ...

Add an option on the vendor card to pay invoices with 1 check
My large customer would like to see an option added to the Vendor Card to indicate whether or not multiple invoices for the same vendor should be paid with one check or separately. This option would carry over to the payable checks area where the invoices for these customers would be aggregated. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft ...

PLease help: How to activate activeX control?
Anthony, When a control is set to be invisible at run time it does not have a HWND internally (IE hWnd == NULL). (It does from the container programs perspective, but that is irrelevant). Take a look at the VB Common Dialog Control for an example of a control that is invisible at run time - comdlg32.ocx. To use your control at run time, simply call the methods and / or get / set the properties you have encoded as you have designed. In the case of an invisible control, the control is active when hWnd == NULL, it is in design mode when hWnd != NULL. See also AmbientUserMode(); HTH - Tim ...

More image for command button
on the command button picture property, I click ... and see a list of images. Where do these images stored? If I do not find the image I want in the list, where and how to get additional images? Thanks. There's a "Browse" button for more bitmaps on the same dialog, where you choose a picture. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.accessmvp.com http://www.mvps.org/access "Song" <song.usa@gmail.com> wrote in message news:9f1e5e08-4f86-4afe-be4d-65e71306b947@s20g2000prm.googlegroups.com... > on the command button pictu...

Conditional Data Validation Options
So I have two columns of Data Validations: Column A we'll call Cost Centers Column B we'll call Accounts If somebody puts in a Cost Center for a specific department which we will call Advertising, then a different list shows up in Column B of only Advertising Accts. I use the following formula in Column B for my Data Validation: =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(A5,advertising,1,0)),accounts,advaccts) where "accounts" is all accounts and "advaccts" is only advertising accounts. That works ok. I'm sure that is not the best way of doing it; ...

filteron option gets off
Hi I have one tabular form and also filter option is there to select specific record/s. But when I have uncheck all options from startup window then the filter option gets off. i am not able to see filter option which i see before. is there any way to solve this issue. Regards, Vikram Singh ...

Changing the default button
I have a simple dialog-based program. When the user is adding items to a list box, I want to make the Add button the default button so they can type multiple items and hit Enter instead of having to click the Add button each time. When the user clicks in the edit box to type an item, I change the Add button with SetButtonStyle to BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON and the Close but with SetButton Style to BS_PUSHBUTTON. When the user clicks anywhere outside of the edit box, I toggle the two buttons back. My problem is, when the Enter key is pressed, the program still ends like the Close button is ...

How do I enable the recurrence radio button in Tasks
Why is the radio button in scheduling a Task greyed out, meaning unable to use? However, when I use the shortcut keys, The pop up window flashes and I am unable to schedule the recurrence. Please advise how I may activate this feature. Thanks. What version of outlook? What type of email account? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: m...

msn money stock quotes options symbol changes
Since the change to stock options symbols I have been unable to get stock option pricing. I have tried several forms of the new symbols (I cant seem to find a definitive description of the proper symbols) and nothing works. I have seen a couple references online by people that claim they got it to function but they don't include any working examples. Will the msn money stock quotes addin continue to work with stock options, and if so, please give an explanation and more importantly at least one actual working example. ...

How do I run a macro with an activex button?

how do I set icon size with a one button mouse?
Hi All, I had to remote into a Vista machine (WS08R2) from an Apple that only had one button mouse (AAAAHHHH!!). I had to move to a Vista machine to remote in and change the icon size as I could not get that stinkin' apple to right click with any combination of keys and mouse clicks. Now that it no longer matters, is there some other way to change you icon size when you only have one button on your mouse? Something in Control Panel maybe? Many thanks, -T On Wed, 07 Apr 2010 14:19:12 -0700, ToddAndMargo wrote: > Hi All, > > I had to remote into a Vis...

Rounding Options
I would like to suggest for a utility similar to Pricelist Utilities that can assign rounding options for a particular item class. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.ms...

Unprotection For ActiveX Control
I have a protected sheet but would like others to manipulate Spin Buttons (ActiveX variety) to change some of the data. But if the sheet is protected I can't use the spin buttons even when the cells to be manipulated are unprotected AND the spin buttons are unlocked. Is there ANY way to get around this without having to unprotect the entire sheet every time I use the spin buttons?? Thanks, --Abe Do you have a linkedcell? Is that cell locked? Can you unlock that linkedcell? You could put the linked cell on another sheet (or even in an unlocked hidden cell (hidden column or h...

"Customize Outlook Today" button does not work.
My "Customize Outlook Today" button does not work or do anything. I am using Outlook 2000. Can anyone help? Thanks, -Ricardo See the foolowing KB article; http://support.microsoft.com/?id=820575 -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Ricardo" <Ricardo993@comcast.net> wrote in message news:108ff01c4400a$54553f20$a001280a@phx.gbl... > My "Customize Outlook Today" button does not work or do > anything. I am using Outlook 2000. Can anyone help?...