Active X controls

Ok, I have a issue understanding how to use the Active X contols.  I wa
trying to create a "combo drop down box", which I can do, I just can no
figure out how to assign list of data to it.  Anyone know how to d
this

--
dksorea
dksoreal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=222

Click on the 'properties' icon on the control toolbox and it will display a
properties window.  Look for the ListFillRange property and set that to a
range

e.g $A$1:$A$20

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"dksoreal" <dksoreal.1reoyy_1120079167.6666@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:dksoreal.1reoyy_1120079167.6666@excelforum-nospam.com...

> Ok, I have a issue understanding how to use the Active X contols.  I was
> trying to create a "combo drop down box", which I can do, I just can not
> figure out how to assign list of data to it.  Anyone know how to do
> this?
>

> --
> dksoreal
> dksoreal's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2224
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=383323

Thanks for the help.  It works fine.  I am good to g

--
dksorea
dksoreal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=222
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38332

Can functions be repeated via a control + function command?
In Microsoft word, if I want to repeat a function, I can press CTRL + Y key instead of having to go back through the tool bars (e.g., repetitive cut & paste, repetitive insertion of text boxes). However, CTRL + Y in Publisher does not work the same way--does anyone know if a similar command feature exists? Thank you. Format the painter. Publisher is a layout program... Large documents are best achieved in Word. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "AustinPAWS" <AustinPAWS@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

A Static linked control problem
Hello Everyone, I have a problem with static-linked library in my MFC based project. The structure of the projects is like this: MainControl project contains MainControl.cpp and mainControl.h HeadApp.project contains all application files, and the AppDoc class here (created by MFC wizard) contains the MainControl object: CMainCtrl *m_control; It compiles fine intill I try to create the control on Runtime: m_control = new CMainCtrl(); Here I get an unresolved external symbol error, even if I write the exact path to the MainControl header file.. What's wrong? Thanks for your time.. ...

How to set/reset word wrapping in a CEdit control?
Hello everyone, How can I do it dynamically, from a menu option say? I know that if I change the multiline CEdit style to ES_AUTOHSCROLL, it will do it automatically. But how can I modify the CEdit style to enable/disable ES_AUTOHSCROLL dynamically? Thanks, Geo Take a look at ModifyStyleEx for that control variable. It will allow you to change the 'styles' of the control allowing for such change. Regards, James Simpson Thank you for your response. I tried it and it's not working. I added a menu item called "Word Wrap". Here's what I'm doing: 1. In t...

CRM 3.0 in a non-active directory environment?
Hi We run an environment primarily based on a Linux server, but we have a MS Server 2003 Std Ed to run some of our MS apps. Our client machines are all WinXP laptops though. We would like to use MS CRM 3.0 (which we get in our Action Pack) but it wants to force us to install AD on our MS Server. Is it possible to run MS CRM 3.0 without an AD? Thanks! James James, I'm sure that AD is required with CRM 3.0. Sorry - It's probably not what you want to hear. "James" wrote: > Hi > > We run an environment primarily based on a Linux server, but we have a > MS S...

Please help I'm in the middle of a activating the Exchange 2000 mailboxes
Hi everyone: It's Saturday argh!!.. and I'm activating the Exchange 2000 mailboxes on each computer 4 computers are working so far with Outlook 2002 and 2003. But there are bunches of pc's Outlook 2000, 2002 who can send emails to people within our domain and to email addresses outside our domain, I can confirm that all the messages are being delivered, but when I reply to the user using an outside account ex. from yahoo.com the message is never downloaded to the user. When I try send and receive from the Exchange user mailbox I don't see the reply message from my yahoo acco...

Generate Controls Dynamically,FormView-Scroll,Default,MFC
Hai I am looking to generate Edit controls Dynamically in a FormView and when the no of edit controls increases the Size Of the Horizantal ScrollBar increeases and should be able to scroll and is there any other way of doing other that "SetScrollSizes" as i want the FormView to handle that scrolling and not forcibly Thanks and Regards suresh suresh at his best wrote: > Hai > I am looking to generate Edit controls Dynamically in a FormView and when > the no of edit ...

CPropertySheet receiving tab from other control on dialog box
Hi All, I currently have a MFC dialog application which has button and radio button controls. It also has a class that I implemented from CPropertySheet. I am not able to tab from the button or the radio button control to my CPropertySheet control. Is there a way to do this? I create the property sheet in the dialog box's OnInitDialog call. Is there a way to put this property sheet into the tab order? Thanks, Greg I think the key is to set the WS_CONTROL flag for the child dialog. See if this will help: http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/w-d/dislog/modelessdialogs/article.php/c1889/ AliR. ...

Recent Office X.x upgrade shutdown problems
After running the recent upgrade for Office X (version 10.1.5), I've noticed that all the applications - Entourage, Excel, Word, and Powerpoint - take a considerable amount of time to shutdown when you exit the application. Testing each of the four applications, selecting "Quit application" closes all windows, but then takes up to one full minute to shutdown the application completely. This problem is consistent across all four applications. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? If so, is there a fix yet from MS that I have not seen? Regards, Thomas If you're runni...

Excel in OS X #2
We have a problem when using SMB to connect our file servers (NT & 2003) and it has forced us to switch back to AppleTalk. As one step of production, our Mac folks need to make Excel exhibits linked to one or more Excel files (.dat) as the data sources. Clicking on "update link" or "change link" on the Excel menu brings up the files being greyed out so the re-linking can't be done, even after the .dat files have been associated with Excel on the macs. Another problem with SMB is that a file opened on a mac can't be accessed by another mac or pc, not even as &q...

Forms controls
Is there any way to change the size, font, etc of the text of the option button control under the Forms Tools (as opposed to the option button under the Control Tools)? All I seem to be able to change is the text itself, no bolding, underlining, etc. -Arthur No, you would need to use the option button from the control toolbox to change size, bold etc -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Arthur" <arobillard@psmj.com> wrote in message news:0c5c01c3a927$288b6ab0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there any way to change the size, font, etc of the text > of the option button control und...

Configure Word X-Refs to Show as Hyperlinks in PDF
On Word 2003--XP. I'm trying to get Word cross-references (i.e., refer to section 1.3 on page 32) to display as hyperlinks when converting to a PDF. Any ideas? Many thanks! Erik Such an option, if available, would be found in whatever mysterious unnamed PDF conversion program you're using. If it is one of the free programs, then you'd probably be wasting your time looking. erik_gregory wrote: > On Word 2003--XP. I'm trying to get Word cross-references (i.e., refer to > section 1.3 on page 32) to display as hyperlinks when converting to a PDF. > ...

Quest: Creating a panel of controls in an ActiveX control... #2
I want to make a panel with some Windows Controls on it using ActiveX w/ full MFC or ATL support. I been looking thur app templete all day and cant find a start project for this. I am using VS.Net Pro 2002 so what is the best way to get started here... Any help... lewi wrote: > I want to make a panel with some Windows Controls on it using ActiveX w/ > full MFC or ATL support. I been looking thur app templete all day and cant > find a start project for this. I am using VS.Net Pro 2002 so what is the > best way to get started here... > > Any help... > > Create a ...

Sorting by control with an aggregate expression
C.I need to generate a report that sorts on the results of the expression within the detail section that performs a calculation based on an expression. I need to rank the results in descending order. I can't figure out how to do this type of sort in one step. Is it possible? Thanks for any help! Bev. BevC. wrote: > C.I need to generate a report that sorts on the results of the > expression within the detail section that performs a calculation > based on an expression. I need to rank the results in descending > order. > > I can't figure out how to do this type ...

In a Macro replacing $x with ($x + i) gives x+1 not $x+1 as expe.
$x eg $10 can be replaced normally by $11 but when used with the counter i ( i=i+1) 11 is returned and can be replaced seperately to $11. This occurs whether the cell is formatted as number or general. The $ is being used to create an absolute cell adress not a currency. ...

.NET Vs MFC controls
Hi all, I am trying to find out if .NET classes for Graphic Controls are better then MFC 7.0 Controls shipped with VS.NET. (Example ListBoxes,ComboBoxes etc etc). Is there any difference between the two in Features/capabilities and Internationalization support. thanks Pankaj ..NET Vs MFC controls I have not used the .net classes/controls so wouldnt know for sure. But AFAIK, underlying controls are same for both architectures(Comcltrl32.dll). ..Net framework probably makes the life easier compare to Win32 or MFC. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Pankaj" <...

Outlook Web Mail
After reading Email, selecting "reply" results in a new window which fails to display the area for input of text. Instead it shows a square with a red "x" inside on the upper left corner of the text box. I can type with no problem in the From or Two boxes. Just the message text area is grayed out. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate and IE8. I tried IE Compatibility mode but it did not help. It works perfectly in Google Chrome, but Outlook Web defaults to an older interface with less functionality. "egruber" <egruber@discussions.microsoft...

Require entry of data in a control on a form
The form is a front end for editing an existing record and I need to require the entry of data in a control on the form. I have tried 'is not null' in the Validation Rule on the Properties for the control but I can tab right on past the control and don't get an error. I don't want to change the table to require entry because I don't want to have to go back and fill in something for all of the existing records in the table. The requirement of this data is new, it was optional until now. What am I missing? Karen S Use the BeforeUpate event procedure of the *form* (not c...

Recurring service activities
Apologies for the number of (exasperated) posts lately! Having frankly an awful day of discovery of the things that we are absolutely relying on CRM to be able to do, but that it does not seem to....! Does anybody have a need to add recurring service activites?? We do! We have service contracts we need to honour on an annual, quarterly, and sometimes weekly basis. These services really need to be scheduled in advance. I'm getting very very concerned at this point!!! If anyone can provide guidance I would be most appreciative! Regards, Martin. Hi, where´s the problem with? You c...

Active GP not Working
I have setup a new GP call New Group Policy Object to prompt users with a message at logon. Computersettings I tried it on an OU with a computer account added and it works but when i applied it to the entire domian, it does not work. It also active and it is linked. I also ran the GPUPDATE. In addition to the New Group Policy Object, I also have the 2 default GP. They seems to be working. They are also linked to the entire domain In this forum, GP means Great Plains and not Group Policy. You need to post in another forum. Sorry, I dont know which one. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Con...

Help Moving Controls (SDI)
There must be an easier way to do all of this! Please help. I have an editing application that allows the user to create and edit custom buttons, listboxes, etc... I can allow the user to resize the objects (no problem), but when the user tries to move the objects to a different location in the View I have issues. I found one way to allow the user to move a CButton type (yes, I have a pointer to the current CView object): void CustomButton::OnMouseMove(UINT nFlags, CPoint point) { if(nFlags & MK_LBUTTON) { ClientToScreen(&point); RECT tmpRect; _view->GetWindowRect(&...

HTML in Activity Email (Campaign)
Is it possible to send HTML formatted email via campaign emails? Specifically I want to be able to send HTML formatted emails as Campaign Activities. On Jul 27, 9:31 am, BLAW <brad...@gmail.com> wrote: > Is it possible to send HTML formatted email via campaign emails? > Specifically I want to be able to send HTML formatted emails as > Campaign Activities. Hi, Use an e-mail template. You can create the template in Settings>Templates>E-Mail Templates Katrina Thompson Sr CRM Analyst Ascentium ...

Placement of Controls on Dialogs Problem
Greetings: I'm using Visual C++ 6.0 and MFC. I have this application which has dialogs that, for a variety of reasons, I am placing the controls (Edit boxes, pushbuttons, etc) programmatically, when the dialog initializes (OnInitDialog) as opposed to using the resource editor to place the controls. My problem is that when I run this application on systems with different screen resoultions, the control placement is off - sometimes WAY off. Can someone tell me if there is a fail safe way to scale, size and place a control on a dialog so that it always appears with the correct relative si...

Change tab order in a tab control
I have a tab control inserted into a form. How do I change the tab order on it? When I hit tab order, it only shows the tab control, not the controls inside the tab. Make sense? Select the Tab 'Page' then View/Tab Order. Steve "Kichi" wrote: > I have a tab control inserted into a form. How do I change the tab order on > it? When I hit tab order, it only shows the tab control, not the controls > inside the tab. Make sense? Kichi wrote: > I have a tab control inserted into a form. How do I change the tab > order on it? When I hit tab order, it on...

Setfocus to control in Iframe
Hi, I have a page with an iframe on it in which I load another page. On this iframe page I have some textboxes above eachother. When the first textbox is filled with a code the textchanged event is called and the code is checked with the database. After the code has been changed to the right one (if needed) I want the focus to go to the next textbox. So at the end of the event I do: Page.SetFocus(txtbox2) But after the postback refresh, the focus is gone. How can I put it on the 2nd textbox? all is done in the Iframe page codebehind. I would appreciate some help here ...

create SPC chart with 3 sigma Upper/Lower control limit
Hi all How can I create a Statistic Process Control chart with 3 sigma Upper control limit and 3 sigma Lower control limit. The chart must be updated with new data. For example sale vs month chart for sale department and I know some data for last year. Must be some where have this tutorial please respond with the link. Thks Daniel http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/RunChtLines.html Change the formulas to get �3 SD instead of �SD. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "D...