Activating bold function takes time

I have a PC which is having Office XP installed in it.

When i try to make a text in a cell bold the first time in any worksheet, it
takes aprroximately 4-5 mins, but the very next moment if i want to make
another cell bold, it happens as normal. can u help with the reason why it so
happens & is there any solution for the same. I also tried reinstalling
Office (different version) twice after removing the previous installed
version but the problem is still persisting.
0
Menon1 (17)

I think I've read posts that say that when this kind of thing happens, it's
usually because the current printer is a network printer.

If you change to a different (local) printer, does it work faster?

You may want to install a printer driver for that "local" printer--even if you
don't have a physical printer to connect to.

Another thing you could test is getting a new printer driver from the
manufacturer's site.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Collection Letter Functions
I'm trying to customize some collection letters. I went to the Collections Management Letter Maintenance window and reviewed the documentation, but I cannot figure out how to include the various functions in my collections letters. It appears that I can only modify collection letters in report writer, if thats the case how do I utilize the functions? ...

"Find Most Opposite" Function?
Is there a way to search for a row that is "most opposite" to another row? For instance, if the values in the "initial row" were 2 in column A, 2 in column B, and -2 in column C, I'd want to find the "most opposite" row where column A might read -2, column B might read -1, and column C might read 2 (as opposed to a "similar" row where column A might read 2, column B 1, and column C -1). Thanks for any advice :) You don't really define what constitutes the what makes one row different from another and how such a difference is to b...

Real time data in Visio.
I understand that I cannot view real time data from a visioviewer. instead of using VisioViewer I will load Visio in my PC and using RUN command i can execute my application and able to see the real time data update on the screen. But if the same environment i give to a customer, there may be every chance of him middling with my code or changing the Shapes on my screen. i want to restrict this activity. Is there any possibility that i can disable the Menu and by using function key F5 or RUN command he can execute the apllication. Please suggest. Anil, Some tips to get you headed in the ri...

Windows Mail doesn't get my mail after the first time
Windows mail successfully looks for and loads all mail when first launched but after that all attempts produce errors. I have to delete the program and reload each time to check for new mail. Why might that be please? The check for new mail box is ticked by the way. And the Send/Receive button produces - the same result - all tasks failed. Help please !! What do you mean by "delete the program"? Windows Mail can't be deleted. Perhaps you meant, close the program. Do you get an error message? If so, right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it i...

Running Outlook 2003 first time
Just installed (upgrade) Office Standard 2003. All went well during the installation. When I went to run Outlook, the wizard attempted to migrate settings, address book, etc. It never gets past the first prompt and tells me an unexpected error occurs. I've rebooted but didn't help. I've attempted to locate the existing .PST, hoping to move it, thinking that if there wasn't one, OL would create a new one but couldn't find one at all (I had just backed it up a few days ago fortunately). Any help is appreciated. Create a new mail profile. --� Milly Staples [MVP -...

function/syntax ignorance
hi again this time i am trying to write another complex (to me) expression. i have three time periods of two hours each, with a predicted win speed for that time. each period has its own cell for start time an end time so for the time period 1400-1600, the wind speed is 14kph, fo 1600-1800 it is 10 kph, and for 1800-2000 it is 12 kph. I have eac time period and wind speed in its own row - i.e. a1=1400, a2=1600 a3=14, b1 =1600, b2 = 1800, b3=10, c1= 1800, c2 = 2000, c3=12. i want to enter a time (say 1500) in another cell (say d1) and have formula that will pick the wind speed for that ...

Time from Text
We have a program at work that exports a text field from rotas as 1900-0700 or any variation of. I need to convert this into hours difference and also run across midnight. I've tried "=Right(A1,4)-Left(A1,4)", which gets me partially the way there, but not managed to progress beyond the very basics. I've played with the TIME function to no avail, i managed to achieve what i wanted over nine columns but that is ludicrous, any pointers, flashes of inspiration would be much appreciated. I'm prepared to put this into VBA later, but would rather have it as a calculation on th...

Lookup function? #2
I'm not sure if I'm using the right function, but I have a row of test results and some cells have the option for a "pass/fail" result (not a number or a grade). I want to summarise the results from each section of the test, so am adding the scores quite happily. However, if one of the questions is failed, this needs to be shown in the summary. I have tried to use Lookup but it won't display "Fail" in a cell on the summary. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Spursgirl;367526 Wrote: > I'm not sure if I'm using the right function...

Time formulas #3
Hello, I would like assistance with a "simple" time formula. a b 1 9:15:00 9:20:05 The formula I tried to use was "=a1-b1" but no luck. Suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks & Cheers Negative times display as ######## in the 1900 date system. If you want see negative times, you can change to the 1904 date system (Tools/Options/Calculation). For more, see http://cpearson.com/excel/datetime.htm#AddingTimes In article <FE47C4C5-BA28-4C3F-A224-D06929F8BCAA@microsoft.com>, "edver" <edver@discussions.microso...

Activation of Analytical Accounting
Dear All, During activation of Analytical Accouting (AA) I got the below error msgs. I tried 2 to 3 times by clearing data and readding AA. But no luck. The same error keep coming during Create distributions SOP in Analytical Accounting Setup Wizard. "Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'dbo.AAG20000' with unique index 'AK2AAG20000'". This error only in SOP Module. Rest of the modules activated fine without any issues. My scenario of work is moving old data from old server to new server during process of reimplementation. I have done data migration using ...

Clearing Functional Currencies in AR
Hi, We have a number of customer accounts in our Accounts Receivable that continue to appear on our historical aged trial balance and subledgers due to functional currency balances. For example, we have a client with an invoice for $100 US. We issue the invoice and they pay the invoice in full for $100 US. However, during the period inbetween invoice and payment there was a foreign exchange that was not revalued correctly. (These are all historical accounts) So now their account shows a $0 balance in US dollars but a $0.02 balance in Canadian dollars. Does anyone know how to clear ...

Is it possible to use more than 8 arguments in a function?
I have a database with over 1,000 rows and 13 columns. One of the column headings has a listing of about 23 different services. They want to add a column basically assigning a number to each service....I know I can use the IF function but apparently only for up to 8 arguments. Does anyone know if there's a way to add more?? Is there a better formula for this?? Or can I maybe lump three services??? A quick example of what I'm talking about Services NEB CTH IV IV ABT NEB Say that's the list. I want to assign NEB's as a 1, IV and IV ABT as a 4. I know I can use =IF(...

excel 2007 very long time opening items
Strange problem here. Double clicking on an excel file from a cold start takes a very long time to open and be ready for working in excel 2007. A work around I have found is to open the application first, then double click the file you want to open. It then opens immediately. Anyone know why the program takes forever to open existing files from a cold start? Thanks! Ward Many people are complaining that Excel 2007 does not open a double-clicked workbook at all. I've found two things, fwiw. First, if you do something after Excel opens, like open the Options dialog and close it, ...

Run-time error '3077':
Hello Everybody, In Access 2003, I am using VBA to find a string in a table. Every time I try to execute following line: anRST.FindFirst "John Smith" I get "Run-time error '3077':" which says: Syntax error (missing operator) in expression. Same is true for FindNext, FindLast and FindPrevious. anRST was defined using following code: Set anRST = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("Test", dbOpenDynaset) Where "Test" is the name of the table. Any ideas what I am missing? Thank you, -- Syed Zeeshan Haider "Syed Zeeshan Haider" <szh...

I am using the COUNT function to determine the
number of data entries in a row. The number of entries vary from 40-70. The starting point of my range is constant, but the last entry changes, depending on the number of entries. Is there a way I can write the COUNT formula, so I do not have to change the second part of my range? Thanks for any help. Skip Hi Using CountA will count the number of non-empty cells in the range: =COUNTA(A1:A100) Regards, Per "Skip" <ssummer@live.com> skrev i meddelelsen news:a951619c-51d9-467f-a451-df73a628a102@e31g2000vbm.googlegroups.com... > number of data entrie...

Windows Installer starts each time in Outlook 2003
Every time I enter send / recieve or change to "Outlook Today" Windows Installer starts up. How do I fix this issue?? Michael E. Barry ...

VBA code for MsgBox AND WorkSheet Active at same time
Need the VBA code to assist me with the following: I want to use a message box to instruct the user to select a range, and be able to do so, on the worksheet with the message box.still on top. If I may, in addition, I would like to capture that range to a variable to be used subsequently in the following VBA code. Is this possible? TIA Dennis on the VBE toolbox select refedit and put it in a userform. for more info look in Help. Dennis wrote: > Need the VBA code to assist me with the following: > > I want to use a message box to instruct the user to select a range, and b...

Can I click on a cell on one worksheet and make it take me to another worksheet
Hello Thanks for looking at this: I want to list a number of names on sheet one of a workbook and I want to be able to click on a name and it take me to another worksheet, in the same workbook which is linked to that name. Can I do it? All help is much appreciated Thanks Steve -- steve12345 Go to Insert>Hyperlink, click "Place In This Document", choose where you want to jump and click OK. A link is created; when you click on it, the selection is changed to wherever you specified. HTH, JP On Jan 25, 10:30=A0am, steve12345 <stevebwsREMOVET...@hotmail.com> wrote: >...

Scheduling a meeting in another Time zone
No one in my office can even tell me if I did this right. I scheduled a monthly meeting at 12:00 Eastern time with a call in number. I sent out a meeting request through Outlook to people all over North America in all 4 time zones. Here's the problem - I'm in Indiana and we don't observe Daylight Savings time. So I was told by our "Microsoft Office" expert to send out the request stating the meeting is from 11-12. That's fine for this month and the next because currently we are lined up with Central Time so it would be 11:00 my time. Sure enough, when ...

Activation of Microsoft Office 2007 Home and Student
I really need some help... I have installed my copy of Home and Student 2007 on two computers, but here's the problem. My desktop computer crashed which had the second legit use of the key. My third legit key use was to re-install the Home and Student on the computer that crashed. I tried to install it on my new laptop (which I desperately need for school), and it said I used it too many times. Is it possible that Microsoft or anyone out there could help me out in this sticky situation? Thanks in advance! Did you ever consider to use the Telephone Activation and speak to a re...

Static clipboard function?
Hi, The function OpenClipboard() has the prototype: "BOOL OpenClipboard();" in AfxWin.h. Is there a version that I can use to copy a static member variable onto the clipboard for pasting into Notepad? class MyClass { static void MyFunc(); }; MyClass::MyFunc() { // Do clipboard stuff... } Thanks in advance, Alain Alain Dekker wrote: >Hi, > >The function OpenClipboard() has the prototype: "BOOL OpenClipboard();" in >AfxWin.h. Is there a version that I can use to copy a static member variable >onto the clipboard for pasting into Notepad? > >...

embedding Format Functions in a .CSV file
How do I embed format control characters, such as BOLD, in a .csv file? ..csv is inherently unformatted - there are no standard "format control characters". If you have an application that interprets certain character strings as format control codes, you'll probably need to write the .csv file using VBA to insert the codes. It should be relatively stratightforward code - post back with more information. In article <C0EA175F-3E4E-4964-8DC5-54E43F2F4D3B@microsoft.com>, "Jeffw@Optum" <Jeffw@Optum@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I embed f...

Lag time in copying sheets?
I noticed on my computer, if I just to make a copy a workbook sheet, i takes around 2 minutes to complete. If I try the same thing on other less-powerful computers, it makes a copy almost instantly. Any one ru into this problem -- Carter8030 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Carter80302's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3063 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=50291 Carter, Try turning off other processes one-by-one, such as Norton AV, and see how that affects your time. HTH,...

Iff Function
The following is one of the fields in a query. Expr3: IFF(DateDiff("d",[Fld39],[Fld40])>=14,([Fld38] & " X" & " 12"),([Fld38] & " X" & " 6")) [Fld39] and [Fld40] are datefields in the table "SCHD" [Fld38] is a text field I need to modify the string in that text field as above depending on the DateDiff. When I run the query an error message "Undefined Function in Expression" appears. What am I doing wrong? Thanking you in advance Leo Try IIF ---- -- Build a little, test a lit...

Race times
How do I calculate minutes per mile, minutes per Kilometer, etc in Excel? Minutes per mile......... =((StopTime-StartTime)*1440)/miles Vaya con dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Tx Runner" <Tx Runner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F981C92E-F19A-4E49-8151-C2847FE08BCD@microsoft.com... > How do I calculate minutes per mile, minutes per Kilometer, etc in Excel? Either I did not enter the calculation correctly or asked the question wrong. Examples of what I want to figure: (Cell A1) Distance: 3200 meters or 3.2 kilometers (B1) Time: 13 minutes, 02 seconds (C1) Pac...