Accumulating Values in a Pivot table

Hi all.

Does anybody of you know, how I can show in a Pivot table
accumulated values (example)in each row:

         Day          Amount       Accum. Value
          1             50           50
          3             75           125
          8             105          230
          ..            ..            ..
          ..            ..            ..

and so on.

Maybe someone give me a tip.

Thanx a lot

Regards Kurt

Hi Kurt,
That is one of the big advantages of using Pivot Tables
One place to start would be
Debra Dalgleish's    Contextures.com/techtip.html

but you would of course start at  01  so you don't miss anything
like a much simpler example.   This one has Subtotals that can
be changed depending on what is selected -- way beyond the normal.
---
HTH,

"Kurt" <kurt.klusch@web.de> wrote in message news:36cd01c51f4b$562d3a20$a401280a@phx.gbl...
> Hi all.
>
> Does anybody of you know, how I can show in a Pivot table
> accumulated values (example)in each row:
>
>          Day          Amount       Accum. Value
>           1             50           50
>           3             75           125
>           8             105          230
>           ..            ..            ..
>           ..            ..            ..
>
> and so on.
>
> Maybe someone give me a tip.
>
> Thanx a lot
>
> Regards Kurt

0
dmcritchie (2586)
3/2/2005 5:30:19 PM
Add another copy of the Amount field to the pivot table data area
Right-click on the heading for the new field
Choose Field Settings
Click the Options button
 From 'Show Data As', select Running Total
For the Base Field, choose Day
Click OK

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Pivot type behavior with text?
This is what I have: Date Stock Code 1/1/05 MSFT A 1/1/05 IBM B 1/1/05 SUNW B 1/2/05 MSFT A 1/2/05 IBM A 1/2/05 SUNW B ..... ..... 3/9/05 SUNW A Everyday, there will be the same N stocks. I want: Date MSFT IBM SUNW 1/1/05 A B B 1/2/05 A A B ..... ..... 3/9/05 B A A If my field code was a neumeric value, I would use a pivot table and sum on Code. This would work as there would be only one symbol per day. However, as the field Code is Text, how would I do this? Thanks. How about a macro? Option Explicit Sub testme01() Dim cu...

Problems using ReadXmlSchema to read two tables into ds
I am trying to load a DataSet from an xml file that has 2 tables in it. Any help would be great. Here is the C# code snipit on how I load it. Instead of geting a dataset with 2 table I am geting a dataset with 4 tables in it. All four tables have no rows. DataSet lds_working = new DataSet( "PB_TABLES"); ls_schema = MapPath("two_table.xsd"); lds_working.ReadXmlSchema(ls_schema); lds_working.ReadXml(MapPath("two_table.xml")); Here is the XSD <?xml version="1.0" ?> <xs:schema id="PB_TABLES" targetNamespace="http://tempuri.or...

A Save Operation on table 'RM_Applied_OPEN' deadlock was detected.
Hi, After applying a cash receipt to an invoice (the amount is supposed to be applied to two invoices), the error message "A Save Operation on table 'RM_Applied_OPEN' deadlock was detected" appears. You have two options, OK and More Info. After clicking on OK, the entire amount was applied to the first invoice and can't be unapplied. Deleting the cash receipt (since it is not yet posted) did not unapply the amount to the first invoice. Any ideas? Thanks, Yoyo ...

Table field drop-down menu
Hi anyone know how to put a drop down menu directly in a table field? I did it once but can't remember how. Thanks much. "Zack L" <ZackL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message <3408F740-458A-4A44-9EC2-5F706B36FF70@microsoft.com>: > Hi anyone know how to put a drop down menu directly in a table field? > I did it once but can't remember how. Thanks much. Please continue to not know how, as it will probably only lead to problems. Some reasons why, can be found here http://www.mvps.org/access/lookupfields.htm Use combos on forms in stead ;-) -- R...

Parameters And Null Values
I have a query that I wish to return ALL values between 2 dates AND any records that the date happens to be null I have used the following: WHERE (((Schedule.DateSubmitted) Between [Forms]![ViewReports]![DateFrom] And [Forms]![ViewReports]![DateTo] Or (Schedule.DateSubmitted) Is Null)) And the result is ONLY the Null values. WHERE (((Schedule.DateSubmitted) Between [Forms]![ViewReports]![DateFrom] And [Forms]![ViewReports]![DateTo] And (Schedule.DateSubmitted) Is Null)) And the result is Nothing...an empty set. What do I need to do so that it will show me all records betwe...

Using SumProduct to add values
I have the following data Column A: Date Column B: Module Name Column C: Numeric Value The question I have is: Lets say that I want to use a formula in cel D3 that adds all the values in column C that have date equal to may and in column B module name equal to "Test". I've using SumProduct t get the total number of rows that meet my criteria, but is there a wa I can add the actual values together? Thanks for your help! R -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100=DATE(2004,5,3)),--(B1:B100="Test"),C1:C100) -- Regards Fran...

plot chart with no value yet
I want to plot a chart as below: Jan Feb Mac A 5 8 B 8 6 C 7 7 When the chart is plotted, Mac values is zero instead of blank as I do not have the value yet. When this is in line chart all 3 lines will end at zero value which is not true. Try putting the NA() function in the cells -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "bayanbaru" <bayanbaru@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B82F52F-3E18-4D84-A876-1B2F288990D1@microsoft.com... >I want to plot a chart as below: > > Jan...

Using form to add record to table where records are limited by lis
Hi all... Bit hard to explain what I am doing here but I'll have a go :-) In Excel if I want to limit the number of records shown in rows I apply a filter for example to col1 which reduces all remaining cols. Then filter on col2 to reduce further etc etc until I have only a few records left to look at. I want to do this in access on a form BUT... I want to create a table of records that has an ID, Date stamp, a part number, qty I want this table to get its information from a form. I want the form to use a master table which includes the "part number" from above but where ...

Table modification : You can't open the table for modification
Hi, I tried to add a new column for my table in dsign view. I get this message when i open it for design. The database was actually converted from Access 97 to 2003. Please help. it urgent. Thanks in advance. Regards, Surya -- Suryanarayana Bollapragada ...

Slugs for Picklist Value
Another workflow email slug question: The great "slug" method works brilliantly for text and memo fields, but when I use it for a custom picklist, the slug inserts the integer value of the picklist, not the value presented in the user interface eg &contact.CFPhaircolour; inserts 3, not Brown Any ideas ? TIA Peter Try &contact.CFPhaircolourname; Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 17:37:48 -0000, "Peter Lynch" <peter.lynch@optevia.com.SPAMFREE> wrote:...

Copy of attributes from a table to another
Hi; Anyone knows how to copy an attrbute I've just created, from a table to another? Thanx! Can you provide a bit more detail? ...

Returning the last value in a row
Hi What formula do I need to return the last known value in a row? ie. ROW 1 contains 5 values in COL a,b,c,d and e ROW 2 contains 2 values in COL a, b is empty,c,d is empty, e is empty How can I return the last value in each respective ROW (COL e and COL c)? I think I need something to jump from one colum to the next and stopping when it finds a value but still continues to the end of the specific amount of columns just in case there is another value Hope I explained this well Hi if you have no blank columns in between use something like =OFFSET($A$1,0,COUNTA(1:1)-1) for row 1 ...

View/Change Pivot Table Query
I am currently using Excel 2003. I would like to look at a PivotTable's SQL Query, but unsure on how to do this. I did find one posting with a VBA solution, so I tried it. I get the following error: 'Unable to get the Pivot Tables property of the worksheet class' Below is the source code Sub Get_PT_Source_Code() Dim pvtTable As PivotTable Dim index As Integer Set pvtTable = ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable") With pvtTable.PivotCache Debug.Print .CommandText 'the SQL Query Debug.Print .Connection 'th...

embed a table so when text is edited it moves too
I am working on an IBM with Publisher 2003. I autoflow the text within the text block and want to embed charts/tables within the text block so when the text is edited the table move with it. I tried embedding the table but that embeds it into the document NOT the text block. Thanks in advance for your help. Word is more suitable for what you are trying to do. Publisher is a page layout application. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Miss P" <Miss P@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:170...

Pivot Table #62
Can I make form different Pivot Tables in two different sheets One, new pivot table? If I can - how? Please help me -- kind regards! ...

Table / Form Design for Headcount Report
Hello, First, I'm not sure if this a "tables" design question or "forms" question so I'm posting in both groups. I receive a daily force / headcount report of non-resident contractors on site for the day. The report lists the number of people on site, by craft (pipefitter, electrician, etc.). While we usually have five or six crafts onsite daily, there are a total of twenty possible crafts to choose. I'd like this data in some sort of table for analysis. I guess the "quick and dirty" way is to put the data in an Excel spreadsheet / pivot tab...

subform default values
Hi, I'm trying to design a database to log our daily production. I have a form (production) with a subform (employees). We can have up to 4 employees working on each line. I would like to have it remember the employees that were listed on the previous production record as the default value. The after update option in the employee field doesn't work, somehow I need it to work only when I'm creating a new production record. These values change from day to day and machine to machine, so I can't just key in the default values either. Can anyone help me with ...

Copy the value from a cell with condition. Help please
Hi, I have a column with say 100 cells. There are several 0s in this column. What is the conditional formula to put ONLY the values different from 0 to another column whitout cells with false or white spaces? Thanks -- excel_guest ------------------------------------------------------------------------ excel_guest's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35590 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=553539 if(A1="0","",A1) -- Mallycat ---------------------------------------------------------------...

Picklist Value displayed is not an option in the list.....weird.
Hi, I have a picklist value for a new opportunity that shows the Status Reason is "341" for the value. I have no idea how it got there, but it is there. I cannot seem to get rid of it. NOTE: This only occurs on converted lead --> opportunity, not opportunity created from scratch. Opportunity from Converted Lead Status Code = "341", but Opportunity created on its own, no issues, Status Code = "New", What do I do?????? Here are some background / additional notes: I made cutomizations to a DEV version of CRM for a client. When I attempted to import ...

append query to table with autonumber pk
Hi, I know this is probably really simple but I just can't get it at this time. I have an append query that is supposed to append data to a table. The table has a pk autonumber. It is set to no index. When I run the query it appends the same data over causing numerous duplicates. I have thought maybe if I set the date <> the date of the table to be appended that it would work but then the access errored and said 0 records appended. Do you know how to get this working? INSERT INTO AbsenceRecordHR ( [Date], Employee_Name, Absence_Code, Comment ) SELECT [AbTable].Date, [AbTable].Empl...

Removing Values from Chart by Checkbox
Hi. I used Jon Peltier's Chart by Checkbox example. It is really amaising, but I am using it for more than 3 Ys. Is it possible not to show items that are not selected (have value #N/A) on the legend of the chart or on X axis? Thanks --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Matching fields between 3 tables
I am trying to join 3 tables in a query where the Unique ID consists of capital letters and small letters. A combination of capital letters, small letters and numbers form the ID. Understand MS Access had an issue not being able to differentiate capital and small letters. How can i get round this problem? Jet is, indeed, only case insensitive (and MS SQL Server is case insensitive by default... else, tables names are also be case sensitive, since they are data too, in system tables). To differentiate between two strings which may differ only by the case, you can use StrComp which retu...

Auto Increment from a one number table
Hi All, I want to be able to auto increment a number, but I don't wan to use the AutoInc feature of Access due to problems that i forsee when i have to reset the number in the future. What is the best way to do this? Can you post some example? or website that may have this information? Thanks for answering. You can use the DMax function (you'll find info on it in your Access help file) to return the maximum existing number, and then add one to it. However, it depends on what you mean by *reset the number*. If you plan on deleting all the existing records and starting over...

question working with pivot table
I have raw data like this showing what % of their time was involved on a project. JAN FEB MAR A Tom .25 .5 A Sam .25 .4 .5 A Phil .25 .5 .5 A Pete .5 .5 .75 B Sam .1 .4 .5 B Tom .4 I want to show the total of how many unique people were involved across all projects each month. If they were involved anything > 0, then that counts. Thus the desired output would be: JAN FEB MAR TOTAL 4 3 4 I put a formula in the raw data so that it is either a 1 or 0. I can make a pivot table using the raw data. The PT groups the people, but then sums the raw data, (as it should) ending up ...

copy a pivot table to another sheet in a macro
Hi there, I created a macro that will copy copy the information from a created pivot table to another sheet. I seemed ok when I recorded the macro. But there's no pivot table on the new sheet when I run the macro. What should I do to correct the problem? Thanks, Aline -- Aline Record another macro when you try it again? If it fails again, you may want to describe what you did to copy the data (copy the cells to a new sheet or copy the sheet???). And share the code (that fails) that does the copy. Aline wrote: > > Hi there, > > I created a...