Accessing Excel pages using VB

Hi.  I'm wondering if any of you can help me with a problem I'm having.  It's
likely a trivial answer, but I'm not seeing it at the moment.

I'm using VB 6.0 and Excel 2002.

I have an Excel workbook that has information about days of the month --
each day having an individual spreadsheet 'Day (1)', 'Day (2)', etc. as tabs
along the bottom of the workbook.  I want to be able to access information
from individual "days" using a VB application and do some processing and then
printing of the data in VB.

First of all, when addressing data on spreadsheet Day(k) of the workbook,
how do I do that.  For instance, using

Dim xlApp As Excel.Application
Dim xlBook As Excel.Workbook
Dim xlSheet as Excel.Worksheet
Dim row As Integer

Then later on I may use:

txtAmount.Text = xlSheet.Cells(row, 5).Value

but I need some way to identify 'Day (16)' as the worksheet that I'm
actually working on in this line.  And, I want to have the "16" as something
I enter in a textbox at runtime to identify the day that I want to work on.
Then another time, I would use 'Day (9)', and so forth.

Can anyone help me on those things?

Many thanks,
Bob

0
bob_mhc (1)

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 14:03:01 -0700, "bob_mhc"
<bob_mhc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>First of all, when addressing data on spreadsheet Day(k) of the workbook,
>how do I do that.  For instance, using

Workbooks("Filename.xls").Sheets("Day(k)").Range("A1 or
whatever").Value

If you always have the days in the same order, you can also use:
Workbooks("Filename.xls").Sheets.Item(*index_number*).Value..

In other words, if your second worksheet is Day (2), then you could
address it by calling:
Workbooks("Filename.xls").Sheets.Item(2)

>but I need some way to identify 'Day (16)' as the worksheet that I'm
>actually working on in this line.  And, I want to have the "16" as something
>I enter in a textbox at runtime to identify the day that I want to work on.
>Then another time, I would use 'Day (9)', and so forth.

So call an InputBox and set the response to a variable, such as TabDay
and then call your worksheets using:
Workbooks("Filename.xls").Sheets.Item(TabDay)

>Can anyone help me on those things?

Was that helpful or more confusing?

MP-

--
"Learning is a behavior that results from consequences."
 B.F. Skinner

New to excel

Reporting from Project Server

Looking for Excel Help