Abnormal increasing if excel file.

                 Hello,

   I'll describe the situation. I have WinXp with MS
Office2002 SP1. I noticed that sometimes my some excel
files have a tend to encrease abnormally, although there
are not many lines in them, and the size shouldn't be so
big. Could you pls advise anything concerning that? Of
course, I checked for virus - nothing. And no pictures,
or datagrams in it, just figures.

   Thanks in advance, Marina Ivashina.

"Marina Ivashina" <marina_ivashina@hines.com> wrote in message
>                  Hello,
>
>    I'll describe the situation. I have WinXp with MS
> Office2002 SP1. I noticed that sometimes my some excel
> files have a tend to encrease abnormally, although there
> are not many lines in them, and the size shouldn't be so
> big. Could you pls advise anything concerning that? Of
> course, I checked for virus - nothing. And no pictures,
> or datagrams in it, just figures.
>
>    Thanks in advance, Marina Ivashina.

A common reason is that you have something, even just a space character or
format, in a cell way beyond the area you are really using. You can check
for this using Ctrl+End on each worksheet in turn. This will take you to the
last used cell. If it is not where you expect, select all rows below your
data/formulas and delete them, using Delete on an Edit menu, not the delete
key on the keyboard. Repeat for columns to the right of your data/formulas.
Save the workbook. Now Ctrl+End will take you to where you expect, and the
file size will be much reduced.

0
Paul
2/4/2004 9:48:49 AM
If it is the lastused cell that's causing trouble, Debra Dalgleish has some
techniques (with pictures) at:

for trying to reset this.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

How do I create a sample in Excel?

Excel 97 Win XP calc problem?

Here is fix for Windows file problems

Fax Icon on my File menu and toolbar

Date display in Excel

Excel and some disappeared sheets

Outlook receiving zip files

unable to read file #7

SBS 2003 moving of users files

Importing AOL Email File Cabinet

Excel 2007 PC damages Mac Excel 2008 Files

Publisher can not save file

Exporting contacts in a csv file

Excel error 1706