A Newbie question. Input value and have return inserted in Word

I have a listing of numbers with names/addresses in Excel and would like
to be able to enter a number and have the corresponding info returned
into a Word merge file.
Is this possible? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Tks

wlg.vtecz (1)

referencing to worksheet names in macro for each new worksheet inserted
Hi I created a code to insert new worksheets and rename them according t values on the new worksheet itself. Say in Cell D1, i have th worksheet name. My question is when i want to refer to this worksheet in subsequen coding, how should i code it? For eg, How should i write the ???? for Sheets("????").select? Would creatin the a variable to store the names help? Thanks in advance Ken -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com After inserting your new worksheet set it's name equal to a variable. For example SHEETS.ADD VWORKSHEET = ACTIVESHEET.NAME This method ...

Max of value from DataGroup2 within DataGroup1
Hello - I have a table with data as follows below. I am trying to build a query that will give me the record with MAX of specDiffMax [value] for each TestFreq [DataGroup 2] within each TestNum [DataGroup1]. ID TestNum TestFreq specDiffMax -------------------------------------------- 4889683 Test 1 1710 3.669998 5123289 Test 1 1710 2.882999 4817314 Test 1 1710 3.102001 5134007 Test 1 1710.2 3.573002 4896056 Test 1 1710.2 3.355 4914480 Test 1 1710.2 3.515999 4889685 Test 2 1710.4 3.333 4896057 Test 2 1710.4 3.450001 4914481 Test 2 ...

word count
my word count says 1 no matter how many words I type Please help Gary Does this happen with a particular document, only, or with any document that you open in Word? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "raider23" wrote: > my word count says 1 no matter how many words I type > Please help > Gary ...

INSERT INTO problems
Hi all, I hope this doesn't appear twice, I did it a while ago and it never came up! So here goes again! I am trying to use INSERT INTO to insert one record in to a table (tna feedback) in two fields (USER ID: and DESK/LAPTOP). The values are generated by two different forms; stUser comes from this form and stMachine comes from another form which has been hidden once the user has chosen the value. This part works fine. However, every time I run it I get an "Incomplete Query clause" error message but can't fidure out what I've done wrong! Here is the code: Dim SQL ...

How to Change Value of Active Control
I'm writing a routine to change the value of any Active Control to null. I can get the name of the control using ActiveControl.Name but I can't figure out the syntax to change the value of this control. I've tried assigning it to variables but variables aren't working in a: Forms![variable]![variable] = "" Help "Sondreli" <Sondreli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA05A840-2AFE-4F98-ABE9-5D2DD17AE0B8@microsoft.com... > I'm writing a routine to change the value of any Active Control to null. > I > can g...

Validation Rule for field values
I have a database that includes a phone number field. I want to prevent a user from creating a new record that contains a phone number that is currently in a record that exists in the database.I am using a form for data entry into the table. Somehow I'd like for there to be a check to see if the phone number typed into the phone number field to be checked against existing phone numbers in the database.I've researched various sources but haven't been able to find the solution. I'm not familiar with VB so any replies that suggest using that will probably not work for me. Sorry, j...

Excel question #9
Is there a way that I can transpose the order of the values in a cell? For example I have the values of 10.200.13.1 in a cell and I want to transpose(not sure if that is the correct term or not) the order of the values in the cell so that they appear as 1.13.200.10. thanks for any help as I have literally 4 pages of these kind of values that I have to flip. -- Brian blanktree at hotmail dot com Hi try the following user defined function from John Walkenbach's book Excel 2000 formulas (great resource by the way): Option Explicit Function REVERSETEXT(text) As String ' R...

How do I convert time (hh:mm) to value ($$) in Excel?
Would like to calculate cost of time. Eg. Cost for production down time per minute is $100. Says production doen for 3.5 hrs, what is formula shall I apply in order to generate the cost (in $$). =3.5*60*100 "ahfen79" wrote: > Would like to calculate cost of time. Eg. Cost for production down time per > minute is $100. Says production doen for 3.5 hrs, what is formula shall I > apply in order to generate the cost (in $$). =(3.5/24)*60*100 -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "ahfen79" <ahfen79@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Newbie Cell Reference Question...
Hello, I apologize if this question has been answered before, but I'm no quite sure what to search for as I'm not very good with excel. I'm making a spreadsheet where one sheet references another. I'll tr to explain this as best as possible.... I'm creating a spreadsheet for a fantasy basketball league. I have "Data" sheet that contains data for all players. I have another sheet "Teams" that has all the players on each team. Column B contains th players name, and column C contains a number that corresponds to th row this player is on in the dat...

List box with available queries question
I have a list box control on a form and want the list box to display all the queries within the database. The following code is what I have so far but it does not work. Any help is appreciated. SELECT [Name] FROM MSysObjects WHERE [TYPE] = 5 and LEFT([Name],1) <> "-" ORDER BY [Name]; "Billy B" <BillyB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F47BB77B-7B66-4860-8954-F4FE32FE7C3C@microsoft.com... >I have a list box control on a form and want the list box to display all >the > queries within the database. The following code is what...

Carriage Return/Line Feed Problem
Hi guys, I wrote some code that gets the HTML from a Web page and stores it in a buffer, then I display the buffer in a big multiline CEdit box. The problem is that on many pages I don't get new lines, I just get a thick solid verticle line kinda like this: || where it should return. Also, if I view the pages (view source) in Notepad they look fine. Most pages do that, but interestingly Microsoft pages do the proper new line and look great in my edit box. Maybe I have to replace all the \r with \r\n or something like that ? Does a \r\n still only take up 1 char ? I download the page in...

xsd question #5
I am doing a bulk load and an element name in the xsd and xml is named differently in the database. I can NOT change the database field or xml. Can I do anything with ehw XSD? The field name in the db is "CaseType" <xs:schema xmlns="" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:sql="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:mapping-schema"> <xs:element name="Cases" sql:relation="PUCCASES"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="NbrOfCases" type="xs:decimal"/> <xs:ele...

Open web page from Word 2007
I have the following code to open a web page: Dim IE Set IE = CreateObject("internetexplorer.application") mySTR = "http://MyWebPage" IE.Navigate mySTR The code works if I run it from vba - it opens the page on top of Word. But if I assign it to a QAT or Ribbon button, it opens the page but leaves it minimized. How can I get it to open on top of Word? ...

How to get rid of a "line" in Word
If I type a number of dashes in Word and press Return it automatically gets changed into a continuous line. How do I later remove such a line? Sometimes if I delete the text line above it then the line also goes but often I just can't get rid of it. I have to resort to creating a new document and then copy/paste the god bits over and then delete the old document. Thanks. -- Les Desser (The Reply-to address IS valid) In news:lzqSlgmVscxLFAoG@dessergr0up.invalid, Les Desser <NewsDump1@dessergroup.com> typed: > If I type a number of dashes in Word and press ...

Don't know where else to put q's. 2 questions. 11g Dongle and wire
What is and Acer WLAN 11g USB Dongle? It is some program that is on my computer and pops-up at start-up. I'v double clicked it, and nothing happens. I went on Acers site, and I can find nothing. Even some freeware mentions it, but they only talked about the freeware, not this WLAN 11g itself. And how can I tell if I have wireless or not. This seems like a nobrainer, you have it or not. But some documents on my computer mention wireless internet surfing in programs that are there. I use a high speed connection through an external modem that connects to my comuter and the w...

Getting an UnBound control value into a Table field??????
I have a form that calculates a production rate in "parts per hour". This form needs to be able to differentiate between Line work, Cutter work, Side work, and Blister work. I created a drop down list for selecting the "Study Type" as listed above. I then created a text box for each "study type". When I select the "study type" each text box checks to see if the selection applies to it and makes the calculation if it does apply. The code for the "Line" study is as follows: =IIf([StudyType]="Line",2700?/[SecondsPerPart])...

NDR's from spam question
Just curious, I get several NDR's built up in my outbound queue due to many spam messages coming in to recipients that do not exist in my domain. Of course exchange tries to send an NDR to the sender in the "from" field of the email and can't since its spoofed junk mail. Is there any way to configure exchange to verify if the recipient is valid. I am not talking about relaying... the domain in the emails are correct, but the recipient on the left side of the @ symbol does not reside on my mail server... What do you all do? thanks, Todd "Todd" <anon...

Sum of Top Values in Access Report
In an Access report, I'm presenting the top 15 cost values in the detail section. I have a counter to do start a new print page. That is working, but I also want to present the group total (=sum[netofreturns]) with the total of the top 15 values [top15only] and calculate the percentage of the top 15 to the group total (top 15/group total) in the group footer. ...

Return a "" value from a formular
Any help greatly appreciated: I have 2 formulars that works, but I want them to return nothing eg "" when there is nothing entered into a cell, at the moment they return the 'false' value. My formulars are: =IF(O12>O11,"End milestone deadline passed","OK") =IF(AND(O12>O11,OR(D12>D11,E12>E11,F12>F11,G12>G11,H12>H11,I12>I11,J12>J11,K12>K11,L12>L11,M12>M11,N12>N11)),"End milestone passed and 'Actual's' late","End milestone passed but 'Actual's' OK") =IF(isblank(O12),&...

Excel 2007 Question #4
I want to bring data into an excel 2007 worksheet that is stored in a sql database table. The idea is to parameterize the "where" clause in the sql select statement limiting the result set. There are lots of examples in the literature with regard to bringing in data stored in cubes --- but not so much from data in sql table. The basic issue is I want bring in descriptive information about say a contract (things like description, signing date, etc). Cubes which most (all) of the literature deals with are dealing with aggregations of amounts or "measures" and not so...

Slow Open of WORD
I am running MS Office XP Pro under Windows XP Pro. After downloading a Word file from the Internet and openning it with Word, Word began openning very slowly and giving the message "requesting virus scan ..." at the bottom of the Word screen. Excel started doing the same thing. All other programs on my computer continued to open normally. I run Norton Systemworks with Antivirus. I also began to notice that Windows would boot slowly and Systemworks would also open slowly. I ran a virus scan (with latest definitions) on my computer and no files were infected. After r...

How do open a scanned doc with Word?
The scanned doc shows up when I launch My Pictures or when I am attaching a doc to send in an email with Outlook, but when I jsut launch word and go to the folder the scanned docs, whether JPG's or PDF's, do not appear. Thanks. You'll need OCR software so that you can convert the document into a format that Word can read. You may find such software on the disc that came with your scanner. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "vwj" <vwj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED74F5BD-3241-411D-AF93-1846E14BABC7@microsoft.com... > ...

How do I populate the "Find" dialogue in Word with the contents of the clipboard?
Hi I tried, and failed to create a macro. (I do a procedure hundreds of times every day so wanted to automate it) I press Control-F (to open the 'find' dialogue) and then press Control- V (to paste the contents) into the dialogue. As you can see from the code below, when I recorded the macro, it used '2022' (which is what happens to be in my clipboard right now) but I want it to use the clipboard. Is this possible? I hope I've explained the problem properly. ==================================================== Sub FindWhatsinClipboar...

Are there any simple ready made classes to get keyboard input?
Are there any ready made classes that work like the CFileDialog class to retrieve a line of text? I am trying not to create a dialog box plus all the support to just get one string. Thanks!!! Why not? You can create one of these in about three minutes. Create a dialog box. Change its caption Give it a nice IDD_ name Put a label in it saying what you are asking for Put an edit control in Resize the dialog so it is just big enough to hold all the controls Create a value member variable for the edit control Create a class for the dialog. Put the following code in your application: ...