A Macro that will cut and paste to specific cell

I import tables from web into excel. These tables vary in size. Therefore one
day the first table may go from A:7 to P:20 then the second table starts at
A:22 and ends at P:40 and so on. Then the next day the first table may be A:7
to P:12 and the second A:14 to P:33. I need each table to have the same
starting point each day. I have been cutting and pasting each individule
table to achieve this. Is there a macro that can do this or a macro at the
very least if highlight the table will then cut and paste for me to a
specific cell. Thank you for any help you can give

Hi,
can you send me the worksheet so I can see the layout of
your tables. Also tell me what you want done with the info.

See my credentials and XL utilities at
http://www.geocities.com/excelmarksway

 - Mark

excelmarksway@yahoo.com.au

first table may be A:7
>to P:12 and the second A:14 to P:33. I need each table to
have the same
>starting point each day. I have been cutting and pasting
each individule
>table to achieve this. Is there a macro that can do this
or a macro at the
>very least if highlight the table will then cut and paste
for me to a
>specific cell. Thank you for any help you can give
>.

0
anonymous (74722)

Macro Not Working
Hi can any please advise me why my Macro is not working The Macro allows users to Input dates via a message box which shoul then be input in cells B1, B2, B3 & B4 - but this does not happen - I addition when I try to change the sheet name in the macro from Sheet2 t another name i.e. mydata it displays an error Sub Input_Dates1() ' ' MyName = InputBox("Please Enter Date for Q1") If MyName = "" Then Exit Sub End If Sheet2.Range("$B$1").Value = MyName MyName = InputBox("Please Enter Date for Q2") If MyName = "" Then Exit Sub E...

How can I insert a cell reference in a footer (eg for variable foo #2
Any ideas on how to do this? I'm trying to create a template with the doc reference number in the footer However, I'm trying to avoid users having to edit the footer (because this just wont get done). Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) With ActiveSheet .PageSetup.LeftFooter = .Range("A1").Text End With End Sub This code should go in the ThisWorkbook code module. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "wngg001" <wngg001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A0F9D9E-269F-45CF-A6E3...

VBA
I have created code that inserts lines into a financial statement but need to have certain cells in other code stay constant. B1 in certain code must stay at B1 regardless of changes to the spreadsheet. Any suggestions?? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Use the INDIRECT function. E.g., =INDIRECT("B1") The B1 will remain so regardless of inserting and deleting rows. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "bforster1 >" <<bforster1.1cmxzp@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in m...

Run a macro from another workbook in the QAT
Hi, in Excel 2002 I'm able to create a customized button to execute a macro that is saved in another workbook and another path (a server for exemple), so when I click the button, this automatically open the file and executes the macro. Is this possible with Excel 2007 with a button in the QAT? On Mar 18, 9:41=A0pm, Wil <W...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, in Excel 2002 I'm able to create a customized button to execute a mac= ro > that is saved in another workbook and another path (a server for exemple)= , so > when I click the button, this automatic...

Macro Help/Duplicate Items + Insert Rows + Sum
I am trying to create a template that will do the following: 1. Find Duplicate Entries (AlphaNumeric) In A Column 2. Insert 2 Rows Between The Duplicate Entries Then: 1. Sub-Total(Another Column With Random Numbers) Of The Duplicate Entries 2. Format the Sub-Total In Bold I have gotten to the point of writting a macro that will identify the duplicate entries; does anybody know how to do the rest? This is a changing set of data, transferred to excel from a relational database (Lotus123 Rel2, which contains anywhere between 3000 to 5000 rows. I cannot spend time grouping the data ...

Inserting specific number of records
I have a Data Entry form in which the user have to insert a specific numbrer of record, depending on the type of product he choose. Ej: The product "A" have to have 3 data, so it will need to insert 3 record on the table only, no more. I have created a simple code in VB that I supose to have to restrcit the number of record records, depending on a Textbox value **************************************** CODE **************************************** Private Sub LECTURA_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) On Error GoTo Err_Lectura Dim Respuesta If Form.CurrentRecord <= Forms...

Using a Text / Data output as a cell reference
I am trying to use the end of a column as a divisor and need to convert what i guess is text into an actual cell reference if possible. In column A, say there are 13 data points ending at cell A13. I then try to turn that into a cell reference with the formula ="A"&TEXT(COUNTA(A1:A13,),"0") I put this formula in B1 the output of this is then A13 what i need this to do, is be able to divide any cell by A13. The reason I am going through all this trouble is that there are many columns and each has a different # of data points. I hope this is somewhat clear. Thanks ...

Macro in Background
Hi All Bit of a weird one but I have a big spreadsheet which does a large number of calculations (using a macro). The macro flicks across the spreadsheet (opening and shutting different sheets). which last about 2/3 mins. Is there away of running the macro in the background so it stays on the front page while it does the calculations? Any help appreciated application.screenupdating = false 'your code here application.screenupdating = true -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Hager" wrote: > Hi All > > Bit of a weird one but I have a big sprea...

Macro Recorder #2
I have a very basic question( I think). When you are recording a Macro how do you stop and then restart where you left off? For example I have a repetitive task that moves columns from one spreadsheet to another. The problem is that there are about 40 columns I am required to move. As I record the macro can it be stopped and then restarted if I have to close Excel and return later? I can't find the answer to my question documented anywhere. Thank You, Greg You can stop it, but when you start again it will create a new subprocedure, you can go in and copy/paste the second after the firs...

Copy and paste from Excel to GridView
Hello, is it possible to copy and paste values taken from an Excel spreedsheet into the grid of a GridView in a ASP.NET page? Luigi On May 21, 4:29=A0pm, Luigi <Lu...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, > is it possible to copy and paste values taken from an Excel spreedsheet i= nto > the grid of a GridView in a ASP.NET page? > > Luigi You mean from a single cell or entire table? The standard gridview control is a data-bound control for rendering data. It has no paste function. To copy and paste values from Excel you can use a separated textbox...

using a macro question revisited
Concerned that the thread was bypassed after going 4 deep, I have reposted it with full includes. The way the macro works as currently written, it can return to multiple cells; but in this instance, I just need it to return either the sum of 2 randomly generated numbers between 1 and 6 (simulating a dice roll), or a single randomly generated number between 1 and 6, and then have the cell be stable after that is done (not constantly recalculating with every chnage made to the spreadsheet). "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretiscali.co.uk> wrote in message news:uBokaQVAGHA.2...

Cell QA for Bob Phillips
Good afternoon Bob: In reference to your QA: (Which sheet was the active sheet when you right-clicked on the tab? It should have been Data Sheet). Yes, I did as you said, but I am not sure I placed the text string in the right place. I pasted it in View Code on the blank area to the right of "Project / Properties" section but for some reason it is not moving the text from "Data Sheet" to the "Activity Sheet". Is it possible to communicate with you directly so I can get this worked out? Thanks John ---------------------------------------------------...

Signature will not save in Outlook
Please help! Signature will not save when I close Outlook and return. Any help would be great! Thanks ...

Macro Error, annoying plz help?
Hi, new to this board and kinda new to Excel as well. I created an excell file which includes various (difficult) calculations. And it's all finished and ready for distribution :P Cept for 2 minor things which i can't seem 2 fix. The most important one is this Macro Error which keeps popping up when you open the file. (I included a combo-box form, i think it's gotta do with that). Because if u pick something from that list (combo box) the error pops up again, very annoying of course. There is one way to prevent this as far as i could see and that was by setting macro security low....

business contact manager will not import ACT! 2007
Just upgraded, but my new version of ACT! 2007 will not work. I tried exporting to CSV but mapping was off. ...

Macro to update information if date changes
using Exel 2000.. I want excel to compare dates on two seperate worksheets and if the date on the first is greater than the second to insert rows and than copy cells on the second to different cells also on the second page. ie..main sheet date is 11-05-08 compared to sheet2 date is 11-04-08...insert cells at a21:d21 and shift cells down (on sheet2) then copy cells b13:h13 to a21:b21 The description seems a bit inconsistent, but here is a shot With Worksheets("Main Sheet") If .Range("A1").Value > Worksheets("Second Sheet").Range("A1&q...

Help on Macro to hide empty rows
Hi, I have a spreadsheet I created for an administrator that has many extra rows with pre-set formulas. When we print though, there are a lot of empty rows in between the relevant data. I am trying to build a macro that will hide any row where column A is empty, then print, and then unhide them again. Below is the macro I have so far. But it does nothing! Any help or suggestions are appreciated as I haven't written macros in years. (I have latest version of Excel on Windows Vista.) Sub PrintOrmondBeach() ' ' PrintOrmondBeach Macro Sheets("Ormond").Select D...

how do I get the if function to return a blank cell, not 0?
I am trying to create a chart from a series that contains data for each month. The series is calculated on other worksheets and copied to the worksheet containing the chart. I would like to have the cells for the months that have not been updated yet (now is January, there are 0' in all cells for Feb-Dec) to be blank (to create gaps in the chart) not 0's. Can this be done? Unfortunately, what you want, and what many of us have requested but doesn't exist, is a worksheet function like BLANK() or NULL(). The best we can do is use NA() in a chart's data source, which is...

How do i set up specific fields in Outlook contacts
I want to find out how I go about setting up an additional field in my outlook contacts. (2003 edition) I am looking to put a "home address" field underneath the business address field and I cannot figure out how to create this. I know that I can switch the business to home or other, but would really like to create some new fields here. Can someone tell me how? Thanks, Matt ...

How to slot cell values into pre-defined ranges
I would like to slot cell values starting from 500 upto 75000 in ranges (bins) like 500-999, 1000-1499, 1500to 1999 etc. How do i do this? I have 15 bins. pls help Not sure what you want here. Do you want to count the number of times values within a range occur? -- Ian -- "KDD" <KDD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:766017CE-A55E-42FF-AD8D-9E74E48CD568@microsoft.com... >I would like to slot cell values starting from 500 upto 75000 in ranges > (bins) like 500-999, 1000-1499, 1500to 1999 etc. How do i do this? I have > 15 > bins. > > pls...

How to change default cell formats
When I open a file, all negative values are shown with a - before them, whilst my colleagues, when opening the same file, the negatives are shown in brackets ie. ( ). How do I ensure that when I open the same file, my negative numbers appear in brackets This is a windows setting. Close excel Change that windows regional setting|currency tab|Negative currency format to show ($1.1) Open excel You may have to reformat: Format|Cells|number tab|Number (adjust the decimal places and comma options) Easty04 wrote: > > When I open a file, all negative values are shown with a - before t...

macro to copy into different worksheets
I have a excel worksheet which shows a list like below. Directory of C:\Sarah\files\Dec04 09/02/2005 13:30 6,312 Dec04.sav 1 File(s) 6,312 bytes Directory of C:\Sarah\code\Admissions\0001 20/04/2004 14:45 290,929,896 adm0001.sav 1 File(s) 290,929,896 bytes What I want a macro to do is to look down this worksheet and select each record on the list. I.E find the line starting with the word Directory, selecting all the lines below until it gets to another line starting with Directory, it then pastes this into a different worksheet. then goes back and sele...

graph creation from table using cells with links not possible
Hello, I have problem with MS Excel 2003. It´s impossible to create a graph from the table which is automatically fullfilled by the links to another sheet. I have to fullfill the table manually (numbers not links to them are physically in the cells) and only then I´m able to create the graph correctly. Is there some possibillity, how to create a graph from the table wich has links instead real numbers in the cells? Thanks for Your ideas. Regards, Bobr. ...

Macro error message
can anyone help with this problem? I have two linked worksheets one called 19Dec and the other RW19Dec. RW19DEC has all calculations, while the 19Dec is the working user model containing the results of calculations and macros etc. Msg I am getting is "Microsoft Excel cannot find 'macroname'on 'RW19DEC'. There are two possible reasons - the name you specified may not be defined - the name you specified is defined as something other than a rectanglar cell reference check the name and try again." What does this mean? The macros in question do not appear in RW...

M04 will not open
When I attempt to launch MS Money 2004, I get the following error message: "Money has not installed correctly. Try installing again. Or, if you have installed from the Internet, make sure that you have downloaded all the components you need to run." I have tried reinstalling several times and I have turned off any virus software I have. I do not get any error message while loading the program from the CD-ROM to my hard drive. I am still able to run my older copy of Money 2003. I am using Windows 98, 192 RAM, 533 MHz. Please help. In microsoft.public.money, <anonymous@...