A document with the name "xx" is already open......

Opening excel documents directly from the My Documents
folder with the program not open we get the following
error message:

"A document with the name "xxx.xls" is already open.  You
cannot open ttwo documents with the same name, even if
the documents are in different folders.  To open the
second document, either close the document that's
currently open or rename one of the documents"

No other documents are open.  When we close the error
message everything is fine.

When we first open Excel and then open from there, we do
not get this error message.

How can we stop this from occuring?  Thanks in advance.

Re-register Excel to fix your file associations.  From Start->Run enter and
run "Excel.exe /regserver" (no quotes).  There's a space before the slash.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP

0
jrrech (1932)
1/26/2004 10:00:56 PM
Sounds as though you might have a hidden workbook open.

When you first start Excel, go to the "Window" menu.
Is "Unhide" greyed out? If not, then click on it and unhide anything in the
list.
My guess is that you will find an "xxx.xls" workbook listed.

--
Regards
Andy Wiggins

"carolyn" <computercarolyn@aol.com> wrote in message
> Opening excel documents directly from the My Documents
> folder with the program not open we get the following
> error message:
>
> "A document with the name "xxx.xls" is already open.  You
> cannot open ttwo documents with the same name, even if
> the documents are in different folders.  To open the
> second document, either close the document that's
> currently open or rename one of the documents"
>
> No other documents are open.  When we close the error
> message everything is fine.
>
> When we first open Excel and then open from there, we do
> not get this error message.
>
> How can we stop this from occuring?  Thanks in advance.

xx
salut Don't hesitate to ask someone for help on getting things ok! "stepahane verdenet" <verdenet.christelle@neuf.fr> wrote in message news:e%23I2wmfKIHA.5224@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > salut salut mes tes qui toi "daliaparish" <daliaparish@yahoo.com> a �crit dans le message de news:uV3NGkzKIHA.484@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Don't hesitate to ask someone for help on getting things ok! > "stepahane verdenet" <verdenet.christelle@neuf.fr> wrote in message > news:e%23I2wmfKIHA.5224@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >> salut > ...

Money cannot locate 'xx\xx' or cannot open it
I have been getting the following error message while opening my Money file. I have tried the Salvage.EXE file, there is nothing amiss with file permissions and the file is not read-only. What else can I try before giving up on Money and migrating to something else ? .... George Kirkwood Money cannot locate '<file path and name>' or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only file. You can change the read-only attribute in the Windows Explorer. If you have chosen the correct file and it cannot be accessed, you will need to open your most recent backup file In microsoft....

DPM 2010 RC "A Protection agent is already installed on XXXXX (ID: 333)"
I ran setdpmservername on a few nodes in a cluster to move them to another DPM server (decomming the old one), and now many of the nodes give this error message when i try to attach them in DPM. So i uninstalled the agent entirely from one, rebooted the DPM server and still get the error message saying a protection agent is already installed, even though it clearly is not. Any ideas? On Apr 21, 1:22=A0pm, citywok <paris...@gmail.com> wrote: > I ran setdpmservername on a few nodes in a cluster to move them to > another DPM server (decomming the old one), and now many of...

Please help...display image if xx
Basically, I need help coming up with some sort of a formula that will pull information from one worksheet (showing the yield strategy over a one year time span) and displaying it on another (easily done? yeah, but) - the catch (what I cant seem to figure out) is that I'd like the "yield matrix" worksheet to convert the information from the "data" worksheet into images - so instead of the 1st week in August showing HH, HH, HH, HH, HH, LD, and LD under the 1st - 7th it would show each "HH" or "LD" as an image under the respective date - there are 10 ...

Convert date format to text keeping xx/xx/xxxx format?
Help!!! Does someone out there know how to convert the date serial number in Date Format to text? Example: 12/31/2003 (Date Format) -> 12/31/2003 (Text Format) NOT This Way (which is how excel automaticly does it): 12/31/2003 (Date Format) -> 37986 (Text Format) Thanks a bunch gals and guys! Keith E. =TEXT(A1,"m/d/yyyy") or =TEXT(A1,"mm/dd/yyyy") -- Mike Ref to "Keith" <keith_eck@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:000001c37740$33ac5490$a001280a@phx.gbl... ...

in WORD DOCUMENT, I want to type in a 9-digit phone number "xxxxxx
in WORD DOCUMENT, I want to type in a 9-digit phone number "xxxxxxxxx" and have it automatically change to the following format: (xxx) xxx-xxxx. Please help The only way to do it automatically in Word is to have the number entered into a Text FormField that is formatted as a Number field with the appropriate formatting switch in a document that is protected for filling in forms. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.mic...

A document with the name "xx" is already open......
Opening excel documents directly from the My Documents folder with the program not open we get the following error message: "A document with the name "xxx.xls" is already open. You cannot open ttwo documents with the same name, even if the documents are in different folders. To open the second document, either close the document that's currently open or rename one of the documents" No other documents are open. When we close the error message everything is fine. When we first open Excel and then open from there, we do not get this error message. How can we...

Outlook 2002: partially download messages over xx kilobytes?
Howdy! I'm trying to set up a friend with Outlook 2002 under Windows XP Pro so that only the first several kilobytes of incoming email is downloaded. (he's on dialup for a while) I've SEEN the dialog before but forget where. It's NOT intuitive, unfortunately. I think the setting is "partially retrieve messages over xxKB in size" and it may not be in Outlook - it may link to some kind of external, Windows config (connections?). Much obliged if you know where this is. I wouldn't mind knowing for Outlook Express too as my father uses that. Thanks, C.J.Patt...

Does the Encoding class support ISO-2022-xx to Unicode conversion?
I'm looking for some means to convert ISO-2022-xx encoded textual data to Unicode. Is there some mechanism in .NET to do this? The Encoding class looks promisiing. Confirmed. Encoding class will easily convert from ISO-2022-xx to Unicode. Here's a code snippit demonstrating the basic operation: (note: second attempt to post. First attempt ended up in some indeterminant failure wherein IE was hung) namespace TestIsoToUnicode { class Program { static void Main(string[] args) { // Starting string, a name of a file in Japanese as exp...

Office X (v10.xx) compatibility with Mac OS 10.4.xx
Will Office X (the version prior to Office 2004) run successfully on a Tiger OS (10.4.xx)? In article <BFD2BB3B.BACC%bobembry@mac.com>, *Bob Embry* <bobembry@mac.com> wrote: > Will Office X (the version prior to Office 2004) run successfully on a Tiger > OS (10.4.xx)? Yes. ...

change dots to dashes in an account format (xx.xxxx.xxxx) to xx-xx
How about Find/Place? ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3199F59B-BF01-4D8E-85EC-F548508B6A2A@microsoft.com... > ...

xx 04-26-10
sdada ...

dates suddenly changed from x/xx/2004 format to number
I set up my excel 2003 for dates to be written 4/25/2004 and instead all I get is serial numbers. I tried to format the cell for the date as above but it only comes out in serial numbers. When I set this spead sheet up it worked fine. The suddenly this changed and the dates went away. I cannot reverse this. any hints. As answered by Jim Rech in excel.misc -- Maybe you hit Ctrl-~ by accident and changed to "formulas view"? Hit it again or uncheck Tools, Options, View, Formulas. scheinz wrote: > I set up my excel 2003 for dates to be written 4/25/2004 > and instea...

Printing xxx.xx but not 0.00 in reports
I produce invoices as multiple-line reports (up to 5 lines). Sometimes just one or two lines will have a value and the others will not. When a line is 0.00 I do not want this to print on the invoice so I used a format in the report controls that fredg had suggested: #;-#;"" This works fine to suppress the unwanted 0.00s but unfortunately on the lines that do have a value e.g. 123.45, these are printed as just 123 (the DPs are not shown). How can I get round this, so that where there are values they will be shown in full, but where the value is 0.00 they will not be printed? Many ...

my word document xxx.doc
changed to xxx.dat when sending as attachments. What could be causing this problem? Everything has been working fine for the last week or so until yesterday. Nothing has changed ...

Conversion of 10 digit number into xx-xxx-xx-xxx
Dear Experts: I got a column of 10-digit numbers. They need to be converted like this ..... Before: xxxxxxxxxx (10 digits) After: xx-xxx-xx-xxx (10 digits separated by hyphens) I would like to run a macro that does this conversion on selected cells. Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Andreas Try this. It will allow for multiple selections anywhere on the sheet. It only addresses the first column of each selection, though. Enter the macro in a general code module in the Visual Basic Editor. Option Explicit Sub Convert_Phone_Number...

Dropdown list (Prepare a xx Letter) not showing when SmartList subfolder is selected
Why the drop-down list is not showing, if my current Smartlist selection is in its subfolder. See below link to my screenshot for your understanding of my question. http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/9896/20100122smartlistnodropp.png Many thanks in advance. ...

Archive Document Library items older than XX months
Anyone come up with a good way to archive(i.e. move to another library) "old" documents, (i.e. ones that haven't been modified in 6 months?). The dispostion workflow works for the current item(the one being uploaded), but I am looking for something that will identify all the old items and email someone to ask whether to delete or archive. I created a custom workflow in Sharepoint Designer to move the items to an archive library, however, it has the same problem as the disposition workflow, it works on the "current" item, the one being uploaded or modif...

How do I split 16 char text 'XX XXX= +. X' into 16 columns
I knew that Lotus 1-2-3 has Parse function but not sure if Excel has similar function too. Thanks. =mid(a1,column(a1,1) in B1 and copy across -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Jeff" <Jeff @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8576FDD6-9D80-40DA-9470-533771DFE97D@microsoft.com... > I knew that Lotus 1-2-3 has Parse function but not sure if Excel has similar > function too. Thanks. Hi Jeff, See the Data | Text to Columns feature. If you select the 'Fixed width' option, column breaks can be inserted after ...

UPDATE [table] WITH (PAGLOCK) xx OPTION (SHRINKDB PLAN)
Hello, I am trying to troubleshoot a stored proc which as increased it's execution time from 2hrs to 9hrs. The original code was written for SQL 2000 and I've found an update stmt with the syntax above. I've not seen the "option (shinkdb plan)" before. Does anyone know what it is and what it does? MN (MN@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > I am trying to troubleshoot a stored proc which as increased it's > execution time from 2hrs to 9hrs. The original code was written for SQL > 2000 and I've found an update stmt with the syntax above. ...

xx 01-31-08
teste "SONIA POTRICH" <potrichsonia@gmail.com> wrote in message news:OfsuQ5DZIHA.4860@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > teste "SONIA POTRICH" <potrichsonia@gmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news:OfsuQ5DZIHA.4860@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > teste ...

Relaying denied. IP name possibly forged [xx.xx.xx.xxx]"
I have received the above NDR report for a particular email user... is this a problem on our end or on their end?? The user I am trying to email l is using "bellnet.ca" as their provider and bellnet has provided them with their own domain name... ie... the users email address ends in @theirowndomainname.com as opposed to "bellnet.ca".... We are using Exchange 2000 on an SBS box. Thanks, Brad Please post the entire NDR. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Brad Pears" <donotreply@notreal.com>...

"There are XX unread mails".
I recently upgraded to Outlook 2003. There is a voice I would like to turn off, but cannot seem to find the control for. It is a voice that says, when the program starts "You have forty five unread mails." It also gives me an announcement of new mail (which is why I want to get rid of it; if I get 12 e-mails, it will say "You have 5 new mails.... you have 3 new mails.... you have 4 new mails") I've been looking around for info, and what suggestions I can find do not seem to work (turning off all notifications under options, that sort of thing). But a lot of people say ...

Changing Filter on next xx days in related views
In Account Activities, the default Fileter on value is "Next 30 days" How could I change it? Thanks in advance /Patrice Hi Patrice, There's no supported way to change it in the current crm release unfortunately. You could change the system default behaviour by editing the corresponding .htc file but this is totally unsuported and there's a fair chance that the file is replaced by hotfixes, rollup and definitely by upgrades. This said, I had a quick look. * warning *, be sure you take a backup of all system files you modify as you may definitely cripple the system behavio...

Domain name msoffice.com.xx (Is it legal?)
I've searched through the web & found "msoffice.com.ua" being a registered entity in Russia. I intend to register a domain name also using "msoffice.com.<<our country>>" for Microsoft office consulation purpose. Microsoft itself is using "office.microsoft.com". Eventhough we click to "msoffice.com", it will still point to "office.microsoft.com". Does anybody know if the public can REALLY legally use "msoffice.com.<<our country>>" as a domain name? ...