A daily computation formula?

Is there a way to create a formula that adds "1" to a number every passing day?
I have a spreadsheet that I use to calculate how late a company is on paying invoices, and I want to have a column that shows how many days past due an invoice is.

Can this be done?  CAN excel operate a forula that automatically calculates each passing day?
please reply!  Thanks!

Jimmy
0
anonymous (74722)

Look at the today function

A1 holds the due date, B1 holds either "Paid" or empty then this formula
will tell you
how many days behind

=IF(B1="Paid","Paid","Vendor X is
"&TEXT(IF(A1<TODAY(),TODAY()-A1,0),"General")&" day(s) past due date")

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Jim Hutchison" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to create a formula that adds "1" to a number every passing
day?
> I have a spreadsheet that I use to calculate how late a company is on
paying invoices, and I want to have a column that shows how many days past
due an invoice is.

> Can this be done?  CAN excel operate a forula that automatically
calculates each passing day?
> please reply!  Thanks!
>
> Jimmy

0
terre08 (1112)

Formula too long (If)
I get a column of school name and want to use this column to determine the goodness of a school. i.e. =if(OR(a1="...",a1="......",.................,a1="......"),"Goo School","Bad School") However there are too many schools in that column, so when I paste th equation to a cell, an error message occur: formula too long. How can I solve it -- hurrianc ----------------------------------------------------------------------- hurriance's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3088 View this thread: http://ww...

Saving Formulas #2
What is the easiest way to save frequently used formulas within Excel for use? Select the formulas you wish to store then Edit>Replace What: = With: xx Now move them to a blank worksheet and place descriptive text next to them so's you know what they do. When you want to use one just reverse the Edit procedure. If I have read the question incorrectly, post back. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 14:06:07 -0800, "tojo107" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >What is the easiest way to save frequently used formulas within Excel for use? ...

help with if then formula
In my spreadsheet have a colum with contract numbers in it (Column D). A contract is deemed expired or current based on the alpha character at the end of the number. So, 1060.1594E in D2 means the contract is expired and 1060.1594C in D2 means the contract is current. In A1 I want a formula that says if D2 is expired put an "X" in A1. How do I create a formula that will do this? I tried this in A1: =if(d2="?E","X","") but that didn't work. Not very good with formulas, so any help is greatly appreciated!! Thanks so much =3DIF(RIGHT(D2,1)=3D"...

Formula for counting age groups
Hello all. I'm a bit of a novice when it come to formulas and have been trying to figure this out all day so I would really appreciate help sorting this out. I have a spreadsheet which contains ages from 18 to 85+ but I need it to tell me how many of each group (18-64, 65-74, 75-84, 85+). Please can anyone assist. Thanks Col You can use =COUNTIF(A2:A2000,">=18")-COUNTIF(A2:A2000,">64") then =COUNTIF(A2:A2000,">=65")-COUNTIF(A2:A2000,">74") and =COUNTIF(A2:A2000,">=75")-COUNTIF(A2:A2000,">84") and fin...

VLOOKUP and IF formula 05-20-10
I have this formula already in use... =VLOOKUP(B17,'[DSL UVERSE CLOSE RATES - APR 10.xlsx]Pivot'!$A$2:$C$291,2,FALSE) I need it to include an "If" formula as well returning a "-" dash if it cannot find the name on b17 in the file it's looking up. Any help is appreciated. =if(isna(vlookup(b17, ...)),"-",vlookup(b17, ...)) if you're using xl2007+, there's an =iferror() that you can read about in excel's help. casdaq wrote: > > I have this formula already in use... > > =VLOOKUP(B17,'[DSL UVERSE CLOS...

Paste contents, but keep formula of destination
Hi, I've searched for a solution for this, but I cannot find it. Apologies if this is a duplicate. I want to copy the values only of a selection to another sheet, but I want to keep the formulas of the destination sheet (where copied)? When I copy the data to the new sheet, I lose the formulas of the existing (destination) sheet. Is there anyway to copy without losing the existing formulas of where I'm copying? Thanks in advance for your help! Can you offer a better explanation. -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com ...

Deleting All Cells with Number formulas Ex. =2+3 not = A1+B2
Deleting All Cells with formulas with Numbers Ex. =2+3 not = A1+B2 I am trying to create a copy of workbook with only formulas, but some cells exist with =2+3 which I do Not wanted. How can I delete all of this in a single click (Not Individualy) this should do it Sub cleanformulas() For Each c In Selection If c.HasFormula And _ IsNumeric(Mid(c.Formula, 2, 1)) Then c.Clear Next End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Samshun" <Samshun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2270ADD4-A736-4B10-837B-5FDADE3089AD@microsoft.com... >...

Click 1 Excel square, computer highlights 3 vertical squares, why
Using Windows 7, I haven't had any problems until now. When I click on 1 square, the computer highlights 3 verical squares. Did I turn something "on" and not know it? And how do I get it to highlight only the square that I click on? hi i'm assuming that you are talking about excel 07...... some have reported this as a bug and adjusting the zoom usually helps. see this previous post. http://tinyurl.com/3wofsf if you are using 03 or earlier, try tapping the f8 key regards FSt1 "Calbobi" wrote: > Using Windows 7, I haven't had any pro...

Invoice
We are now using the default tax calculations from GP 9.0 instead of doing our own tax calculation with each Invoice item that we are sending in to eConnect. The problem now is that with the default option I don't see eConnect/GP performing any tax calculations on our behalf. I would like to understand how to go about using the default tax option with eConnect/GP for each Customer / Item. The under-mentioned is what we are doing at the header level for an invoice to use the default tax option: << Setting CREATETAXES=1. Setting DEFTAXSCHDS=1 so that it uses the default tax schedule...

Looking for a formula
I have the following problem and looking for a formula a1 = price a2 = cost a3 = proposed cost a4 = percentage rate I would like to calculate my proposed cost which is a1*a4. However, if the real cost in a2 is > a3 I would like to have a3 = a2 as I would want to carry over the real cost. Thanks for your help. Gerd =if(a2>a1*a4,a2,a1*a4) -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy Gerd <gerd.goebel@nospambavarian-cons.com> wrote in message news:uCKjd9YwDHA.1576@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I have the following problem and looking for a formula > > a1 = price > a2 = cost > a3 = propo...

help with formula #4
In cell I8 I put a 1 or 2 If I put 1 then I want cell M7 tp show �150 If I put 2 then i want cell M7 to show �125 and cell M8 to show �125 As a variation if its easier I would be happy with cell I8 If I put 1 then I want cell M7 tp show �150 If I put 2 then i want cell M8 to show �100, as either way it would show a total of �250 thanks Have a look in HELP index for IF -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Scudo" <me@nospam.fictional> wrote in message news:fHAxe.24911$G2.1051@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk... > In cell I8 I put a 1 or 2 > If I put 1 then...

Formula for Monthly Increments
Does anyone know of a formula to return accurate monthly increments for amortization purposes? For example if the start of a loan is 8/1/03, I want the next row to output 9/1/03 and the next row to output 10/1/03, etc. The problem I am having is with the various months with a different amount of days in them. With 8/1/03 in A1, enter the following in A2: =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,DAY(A1)) The only "problems" that will occur happen when your start date is on the 29, 30, or 31, which some months do not have. -- HTH, Laura Cook Appleton, WI "Reagan Fruth" <rfruth@...

WHY CAN I RECEIVE BUT NOT SEND IN OUTLOOK 2003 FROM A NEW DELL COMPUTER? pLEASE HELP #2
i USE AN OPTIPLEX 210, WITH VERIZON DSL AND MICROSOFT SMALL BUSINESS EDITION 2003, WITH OUTLOOK 2003. Norton Internet Security SUite, with lowered settings. DSL is not the problem I don't think. I can send out via an alternate gmail pop account and in Outlook Express. This doesn't happen every day, and usually when it does after 3-5 hours of use of my computer. I can still receive, but the SENT email gets stuck in my outbox. I have to shut down my computer and start it up again and then I can send email. I had some memory problems indicated at shutdown, but no code that is resear...

Help with formula #23
I am doing a Golf outing for my aunt. She has a list of scores across a row and I will need to find the 3 lowest scores and divide the total by 3 and subtract the par for that cousre to come up with their handicape. thank you in advance. Exp. 42, 44, 42. 40, 45, 41, 47, 45, 42, 44, 42, 45, 45, Take 40+41+42 =123 divide by 3 = 41 - 36 handi cap is 5. =SUM(SMALL(A1:A13,1),SMALL(A1:A13,2),SMALL(A1:A13,3))/3-36 This assume the set is in A1-A13. Small is the same as MIN but you choose which number you want (SMALL(A1:A13,2) is the second smallest). If you had two 40's in your list S...

activation on multiple computers
My copy of MS Publisher DLX v. 2002 is reinstalled on a new 2nd computer. The Activation Wizard says I need to activate it to function fully. So I follow the directions to go on-line to do so..."According to our records, Publisher has been activated on another computer. What is wrong with operating it on a new computer? Do I need to purchase a special licence to operate it on a newer 'puter? And where is the "Customer Support Rep"? and the email address for him? A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Will0131 <anonymous@discussion...

Lookup Formula Help
Hi I have a formula that returns a blank when a zero is in place =IF(A15>0,VLOOKUP(A15,'New Labour Standards'!$B$6:$C$990,2,FALSE)," ") I want this also to return blank when a text entry is in place. Please could you help. Thanks Brian > I have a formula that returns a blank when a zero is in place > =IF(A15>0,VLOOKUP(A15,'New Labour Standards'!$B$6:$C$990,2,FALSE)," ") > > I want this also to return blank when a text entry is in place. I think this will do what you want.... =IF(AND(A15>0,ISNUMBER(A15)),VLOOKUP(A15,$B$6:$C$990,...

format a formula to general (not text)
I am importing a text (.csv) file into excel and formatting it via a Macro. in one column I have to insert a formula but when I do so, the formula is showing, i.e. "=TRIM(Z4)". I have tried to format to "general" but it doesn't work unless I click inside the cell and press enter. How do I apply the "General" formatting without have to manually click inside the cell? I want to do it in my macro. Here is my code: ActiveCell.Formula = "=TRIM(Z4)" Selection.NumberFormat = "General" -- www.bardpv.com Tempe, A...

Help with Count formula
I want to count the number of times two or more things appear in the same row. For instance: Row___A_____B_____ 1 10 A 2 12 A 3 14 B 4 10 A 5 11 B For the above example, I would like to count the number of times "10" and "A" appear in the same row. So the desired output should read "2". Any ideas on how to count based on multiple search variables? Thanks. =sumproduct((a2:a22=10)*(b2:b22="b")) -- Don Guillett...

Auto-Correct Formulas ?? #2
i have created a code page, this time the code is in column A and The Long Name is in Column B.(this sheet is called REFS) i want it so that when i type R1 in column E it replaces it with the long name. ( on another sheet) for example: if i type R1 in column E on Sheet1 it automatically replaces it with ReferenceABC. This is in the other page called REFS , short name in column A (R1) and the long name in column B (ReferenceABC) Many Thanks :D Benn --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ One way: Put this in the Worksheet code module of Sheet1 (right-click the worksheet tab ...

Pop up message claiming computer is infected
Neighbour has picked up one of those virus/worms or malwares than informs him that his computer is infected with all sorts of viruses and for a fee he can download a program to remove these infections. For protection he has been running nothing but the default WindowsXP security and firewall. To top it off, his "good friend" who set up the computer used a pirated copy of WindowsXP so cannot get updates etc. My opinion is...........wipe computer and install a legal copy of the OS. He would like to just get remove the worm or whatever is giving the pop up "infecti...

Transferring folders to another computer
Hi, I'm switching offices within my company, and my computer is not coming with me. I will be using the same email account, but on this machine, I have a number of folders with old, saved mail messages that I still want to keep. IS there any way to bundle them up and put them on a disk, or save them, or something? Kat <kat.fulgieir@nytps.com> wrote: > I'm switching offices within my company, and my computer is > not coming with me. I will be using the same email > account, but on this machine, I have a number of folders > with old, saved mail messages that I stil...

Windows XP...computer shuts down and blue screen comes up with wri
I will be on my computer then all of a sudden it shuts down then blue screen comes up with white writing on it...then disappears really fast...keeps happening quite often. The computer restarts it's self back up. I don't understand what is going on...I hope someone could please help me...Help Please!!!! :-) "Debbie" wrote: > I will be on my computer then all of a sudden it shuts down then blue screen > comes up with white writing on it...then disappears really fast...keeps > happening quite often. The computer restarts it's self back up. I do...

Need help with a formula!
Hello, I have a large worksheet with data (columns "A", "B", "C", "D" "E", "F" & "G"). (I'm using only a few records for reference). Here are the columns: Quote Quote Quote STD STD ENG ENG Type Number Status OPEN CLOSED OPEN CLOSED STD Q090001 CLOSED formula formula formula formula ENG Q090002 CLOSED STD Q090003 CLOSED STD Q090004 OPEN STD Q090005 CLOSED ENG Q090006 CLOSED ENG Q090007 CLOSED STD Q090008 CLOSED STD Q090009 OPEN ENG Q100001 OPEN STD Q100002 CLOSED STD Q100003 CLOSED ENG Q100004 ...

Moving Outlook to a new computer
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C3E4B8.96F6FBF0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have Outlook 2000 and I upgraded my computer. I am running my email = off a POP server. How to I move all my Outlook settings, emails, = address, to my new computer? ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C3E4B8.96F6FBF0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML>...

formula help #5
In a workbook of 31 pages. I am trying to add a totals page that will copy the amount from one cell on each page. When trying to auto fill this formula in a column, Excel will not automatically change the page numbers? ='1'!G$7*-1. Is there a way to make excel change the page numbers? ='1'!G$7*-1, ='2'!G$7*-1, ='3'!G$7*-1 etc. Hi James! You could use a couple of helper columns Column A contains Sheet1 and will copy down incrementing the number Column B contains the cell address and can copy down without the number changing Then you can use the formula in ...