8192 rows limit when opening wk1 files ?

Hello,

I am opening a .wk1 file, which contains around 60K rows,
but only the first 8192 rows appear in Excel.

Is there any way to have all the rows in the Excel file ?

Thanks,

Paul

"paul" wrote...
>I am opening a .wk1 file, which contains around 60K rows,
>but only the first 8192 rows appear in Excel.
>
>Is there any way to have all the rows in the Excel file ?

WK1 as in Lotus 1-2-3 Release 2.x native file format? Such .WK1 files support a
single worksheet of 256 columns and 8,192 rows. PERIOD.

Did you generate this '.WK1' file using a program other then Lotus 1-2-3? If so,
it didn't generate a true .WK1 file. Bad news: all the other .WK? file formats
Excel supports also have 8,192 row limitations, except for .WKS files which have
only 2,048 rows.

If you created a worksheet with 60K rows in Excel then saved it in .WK1 format,
Excel saved only the first 8,192 rows. If you didn't save that file in a
different file format that supports > 8K rows, those other rows are lost & gone
forever.

--
1. Don't attach files to postings in this newsgroup.
2. Snip unnecessary text from quoted text. Indiscriminate quoting is wasteful.

publisher did not recognize my files
after updating office 2000, I can no longer read my saved publications How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329820/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "bosshossmotorcycle" <bosshossmotorcycle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BA4DEA42-9ED4-4E5A-8BA0-F0D724EFCA90@microsoft.com... > after updating office 2000, I can no longer read my saved publications ...

Outlook 2003 message store limits?
Getting message store has exceeded limits within Outlook 2003. The information store is still getting email, as checking it with webmail or Outlook 2000 works just fine. Does anyone know where or how to change the defaults message store on the Outlook 2003 client As far as i'm aware - there's no client-side settings of this type in Outlook. Are you running on an Exchange server? There are message store limits within Exchange. But you say you have no problem with Outlook 2000 or webmail, implying you just use Outlook as a Internet Mail client? Bobby >-----Origina...

Corrupted Personal.xls file in Excel 97 ??
Oops! This is a correction to the subject of my previous posting. Please excuse me. =========================================================== I am using Excel 97. As of a few days ago, every time I start Excel I get a dialogue box that says "Personal.xls is being modified by Milt" (that's me) and giving me three choices: (1) Open the Personal.xls as a Read Only file, (2) Notify me when it becomes available, (3) Cancel. No matter which choice I take, the same dialogue box appears the next time I start Excel. The only way I have found to stop getting that dialogue b...

How do I join 2 fields to limit criteria?
I am trying to set a criteria with an OR clause in between 2 fields. Let's call the 2 fields Field1 and Field2. I'm trying to do this example: Only show the records that have this criteria: Field1 = A, and Field2 = B,C,D,E,F,G These 2 fields contain the same type of data, and we need to limit the criteria together between the 2 fields?? Any ideas on how to do this when using excel to build a query in Microsoft query? Christen You could use an advanced filter. Assuming field1 and field2 refer to columns A and B, type this into an open cell (say M22) outside the data table: ...

macro to start on workbook opening
Hi, can anyone help me with a macro to start on opening a book? when the book is opened, start this " Nextstage.Show " Then when i save, if the file name = quotes & orders then rename it to (D2 & quotes & orders). this is to stop the possibility of the same named file being open twice. Kindest Regards, Nigel Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean) If ThisWorkbook.Name = "quotes & orders.xls" Then ThisWorkbook.SaveAs "D2 quotes & orders.xls" Cancel = True End If End Sub Privat...

Vlookups to Excel Version 3 files.
I use a system that on a daily basis creates an Excel version 3 file containing cost centers and their budgets. When I do vlookups from other Excel 97 files to this file it takes a long time for the sheet to calculate. If I save the Excel V3 file as Excel 97 its OK, and if the Excel V3 file is open before the 97 file its OK. I don't want to have to constantly save the V3 file as 97 (I may not be around to do that always) Does anyone know how to resolve this. Thanks Naz ...

creating tmp files
Have Excel 2000 whenever click on save file it creates tmp file too. How can I prevent excel from creating these temp files. Thanks Chandra You cant "chandrak@futaiusa.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9a9701c4343c$e2f2c6a0$a401280a@phx.gbl... : Have Excel 2000 whenever click on save file it creates tmp : file too. How can I prevent excel from creating these temp : files. : Thanks : Chandra But accoding to documents on excel if the file is saved without error messages it renames the temp file with xls why do I still see the xls and tmp fi...

OWA-Outlook-Open Email
I access my email at work using "OWA". It seems out of the blue | can no longer open an email to read it. But I can move from box t | box and even delete emails but I simply can't open one to read it no | can I compose an email. I do not have a pop-blocker. An | information would be appreciated. I also have full virus protection | My wife who logs into to her email at work with the same method i | having the same problem. And of course if I go to the local interne | cafe everything works fine. Help! Since you can use OWA normally when you go to a cafe, I would uninst...

Opening other users folders
Howdy. How do you stop users from opening other user's folder, ie inbox, calendar, tasks. Inbox folders are NOT shared. Default and Anonymous permissions are "none." Privacy/Security problem. THanks in advance, Kenny ...

Opening a database with a new form
Hi I am creating a database in which when users open it, it defaults to a single form. At the moment, when they open it, it opens on a record. Is it possible to open it so that it's a new form (i.e. record) instead of a previously created record> Thank you in advance for your help. You can set the data entry property of that form to No. It will open ready to add a new record. If you want users to be able to go back to other records, you can use code in the load event to make the form go to a new record (without setting the data entry property to No). DoCmd...

Need help saving a file!
Well let me start off by saying that I feel lost using the Office 97 programs! I had to make a new resume so I got myself a template off of the site here. It opened up in publisher so that's where I created my resume. I've put a lot of time into it and now realize that I think I made a huge mistake! How the heck do I save it as a more "acceptable" file without screwing up the format??? (for uploading as an attachment) Or is that just not possible? I've tried saving it as a word document, but like I said, screws up the whole format. I'm really lost, don...

Sending files from Vista
Windows mail is my default mail client. But if I right click on a data or picture file from my desktop or other areas it wants to send it with Outlook instead of Windows Mail. What settings do I have to change to get windows mail to do all my mail sending in this manner? "Stumped" <Stumped@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4C240124-48D3-4EAB-B63B-8A0B20505905@microsoft.com... > Windows mail is my default mail client. But if I right click on a data or > picture file from my desktop or other areas it wants to send it with > Outlook >...

Inbox- Missing files/folders
This is the second time this has happened, I wonder if anyone can help. > Without any warning all the files and sub folders under my Inbox in Outlook > Express disappear totally but files in the Sent, Outbox, Deleted folders etc are all okay. Can > anyone tell me where they went and how to get them back. > Cheers. Hello, Please take a look at the following article. 321505 OLEXP: Outlook Express E-Mail Messages Are Missing from the Inbox Folder http://support.microsoft.com/?id=321505 If you check inbox.dbx file and there is no content of previous mail items, then there is n...

File Formate
I have five Excel files which contain the records of my previous 4 years Business matters. Suddenly yesterday when I opned one of my files I received the following messege. --------------------------------------- The file is not in recognizable formate. if you know the file is from another program which is incompatible with Microsoft Excel, click Cancel, then open the file in its original application. If you want to open the file later in Microsoft Excel, save it in a format that is compatible, such as text format. If you suspect the file is damaged, click help for more information about...

File size limits and workarounds?
Hi All, I've run into the 2 gig file size limit on Outlook 2000 a couple times now. Is there a way to clean the files so I can avoid this in the future? The way I fixed things is that I deleted stuff, then made a new pst file and copied all the folders over to the new file. I went from just over 2gig to 1.3 gigs. I've done this once before I think, so I know I'll hit it again. Just wondering how to avoid all this. Thanks, me Maybe use the Archive options? But remember an archive has the same size limitation, so at some point you would need to create a new Archive fil...

Can't delete file in Outlook express outbox
I have a large email file in my outbox that won't send and I can' delete it -- PhoenixVP ----------------------------------------------------------------------- PhoenixVPC's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=468 View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-187101402 PhoenixVPC, you wrote on Fri, 26 Aug 2005 13:46:14 -0500: > I have a large email file in my outbox that won't send and I can't > delete it. Close Outlook Express and search for the file "Outbox.dbx" on your system. Delete it an restart OE. Best Regards Christian Goeller -...

Filtered Rows using Mode Function?
Hi Excel Forum, I am using numeric "filtered" data and I need to find the most frequen / re-occurring values (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th etc.) from the visibl filtered rows. The Mode function seemed likely, but I cannot get it t work with filtered rows. Can you assist with working examples, please: Formula based input direct on worksheet. VBA Macro using Formula. VBA UserDefined Function. Thank you QT -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I would use one of 2 methods :- 1. Formula in another column and sort descending :- =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$20,A16) Need to sort out dupl...

How can I get current cell row number
I need to reference the row value of the current cell in a worksheet function: = row() in VBA: activecell.row Hope this helps Rowan excelneophyte wrote: > I need to reference the row value of the current cell ...

Having some problems saving excel files
I had a Excel file that was worked on using a Office XP machine, and know it is back on my Mac. Know everytime I save I keep on getting this message everytime using Office 98 for Mac. "This file was created using a later version of Microsoft Excel. If you save this file using Microsoft excel 98, information created with features in the later version may be lost." I have tried the following. 1) Saving as a new file and renaming it 2) Saving as Excel 5.x, and then back to Excel 98 3) deleting the Cell comments that I created in Excel XP, and redoing them in Excel 98 Thank...

Importing CSV files into excel
Just a suggestion, but I don't see where anyone would ever want their imported data changed by default. How about having CSV files import to format TEXT by default and letting the user decide if he wants to make changes instead of making changes that cannot be undone by default. (the "general" formatting that changed all your numbers around) I've given up on using Excel to look at my data files that contain numbers, instead using wordpad and 3rd party freeware to edit data. Minutes instead of seconds to import a file that has dozens of columns of fixed width - lead...

Problem with Executable File generated using Debug Build
Hi All, I am facing a really wierd problem. I am working on a project in which I have implemeted a GUI for controlling laser microscopes. Everything was going fine till I added support for Filter Wheels. The program compiles perfectly fine. Runs perfectly fine if I run it using Microsoft Visual Studios. But When I try to run the program by double clicking on its icon in the debug folder, the program shows that main frame and then hangs. The problem was not there before I added the code for filter wheels. I am placed all the DLL files in the debug folder. Could any body help me out. Regard...

where on Exchange 2000 do you set distribution size limit?
I have a client who wants to create a large distribution list. I know it's a setting on the Exchange server but where? thanks in advance! ...

Can someone without Excel open a worksheet?
I was sent an Excel worksheet, and told there is a way to open this file without having Excel installed on my machine. This worksheet contains calculation formulas, so I'm wondering if a) I can get the file open somehow without buying Excel and b) if there is a way to open the file, will I be able to use the formulas and update the worksheet? You can download a free Excel Viewer from the Microsoft Downloads site. This will allow you to look at the spreadsheet but you won't be able to update it. Regards Trevor "Jest4Fun98" <Jest4Fun98@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Why if I insert a blank row in a sheet does the auto complete, for
Please repost your question in the body of a message... In article <EE1E49B1-8DCE-4C83-A753-46AAF8543B6B@microsoft.com>, "Bylin" <Bylin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: I have built a spreadsheet that uses the same names over and over but because I have an empty row between each pair of entries, the text doesn't fill in automatically when I start typing in a cell below a blank row. Any ideas? "JE McGimpsey" wrote: > Please repost your question in the body of a message... > > In article <EE1E49B1-8DCE-4C83-A753-46AAF8543B6B@microsoft.c...